independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Sep 2018 8:45am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Ice Cream Castles to be reissued on 'Neapolitan' coloured vinyl
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/11/18 8:44am

embmmusic

Ice Cream Castles to be reissued on 'Neapolitan' coloured vinyl

Coming July 27th from Rhino is a new reissue of The Time's Ice Cream Castles on a brown/pink/white coloured LP.

http://www.superdeluxeedi...red-vinyl/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/11/18 10:50am

databank

avatar

embmmusic said:

Coming July 27th from Rhino is a new reissue of The Time's Ice Cream Castles on a brown/pink/white coloured LP.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/back-to-the-80s-the-time-ice-cream-castles-neapolitan-coloured-vinyl/

Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects.

This has to be fake news lol

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/11/18 11:01am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

databank said:

embmmusic said:

Coming July 27th from Rhino is a new reissue of The Time's Ice Cream Castles on a brown/pink/white coloured LP.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/back-to-the-80s-the-time-ice-cream-castles-neapolitan-coloured-vinyl/

Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects.

This has to be fake news lol

I hope it isn't lol

Maybe with the fact that Morris Day Sheila E even the Family are interviewed a lot because of their Prince connection since his death, maybe there is

I want to hear an unedited version of If the Kid Can't Make U Come

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/11/18 11:20am

databank

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

databank said:

Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects.

This has to be fake news lol

I hope it isn't lol

Maybe with the fact that Morris Day Sheila E even the Family are interviewed a lot because of their Prince connection since his death, maybe there is

I want to hear an unedited version of If the Kid Can't Make U Come

Well, in that case it's part of an 80's reissue campaign by Rhino (WB), so nothing spectacular or surprising about it.

More is likely to happen eventually with those projects, but God only knows how and when.

The unedited version of ITKCMYC has leaked, though, hasn't it?

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/11/18 11:30am

Silvertongue7

databank said:



OldFriends4Sale said:




databank said:



Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects.


This has to be fake news lol




I hope it isn't lol


Maybe with the fact that Morris Day Sheila E even the Family are interviewed a lot because of their Prince connection since his death, maybe there is



I want to hear an unedited version of If the Kid Can't Make U Come





Well, in that case it's part of an 80's reissue campaign by Rhino (WB), so nothing spectacular or surprising about it.


More is likely to happen eventually with those projects, but God only knows how and when.


The unedited version of ITKCMYC has leaked, though, hasn't it?


It leaked about a year ago. Same as the album version, nothing special, but without the awkward edits...
Someone's in my body, someone's in my body...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/11/18 11:35am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

databank said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I hope it isn't lol

Maybe with the fact that Morris Day Sheila E even the Family are interviewed a lot because of their Prince connection since his death, maybe there is

I want to hear an unedited version of If the Kid Can't Make U Come

Well, in that case it's part of an 80's reissue campaign by Rhino (WB), so nothing spectacular or surprising about it.

More is likely to happen eventually with those projects, but God only knows how and when.

The unedited version of ITKCMYC has leaked, though, hasn't it?

IDK


#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/11/18 11:37am

paisleypark4

avatar

databank said:

embmmusic said:

Coming July 27th from Rhino is a new reissue of The Time's Ice Cream Castles on a brown/pink/white coloured LP.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/back-to-the-80s-the-time-ice-cream-castles-neapolitan-coloured-vinyl/

Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects.

This has to be fake news lol


Why does it matter? Hard Rock fans release amazing colored vinyl releases all the time unlike r&b acts. I am sure going to buy it. I'm glad to have known about it. Don't tell people what they shouldnt be posting.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/11/18 11:41am

databank

avatar

paisleypark4 said:



databank said:




embmmusic said:


Coming July 27th from Rhino is a new reissue of The Time's Ice Cream Castles on a brown/pink/white coloured LP.



http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/back-to-the-80s-the-time-ice-cream-castles-neapolitan-coloured-vinyl/



Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects.


This has to be fake news lol




Why does it matter? Hard Rock fans release amazing colored vinyl releases all the time unlike r&b acts. I am sure going to buy it. I'm glad to have known about it. Don't tell people what they shouldnt be posting.


Isn't that what you just did? lol
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/11/18 11:42am

databank

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:



databank said:




OldFriends4Sale said:




I hope it isn't lol


Maybe with the fact that Morris Day Sheila E even the Family are interviewed a lot because of their Prince connection since his death, maybe there is



I want to hear an unedited version of If the Kid Can't Make U Come





Well, in that case it's part of an 80's reissue campaign by Rhino (WB), so nothing spectacular or surprising about it.


More is likely to happen eventually with those projects, but God only knows how and when.


The unedited version of ITKCMYC has leaked, though, hasn't it?




IDK



It must have been on a BftP from last summer, I'm sure you have it.
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/11/18 8:10pm

paisleypark4

avatar

databank said:

paisleypark4 said:


Why does it matter? Hard Rock fans release amazing colored vinyl releases all the time unlike r&b acts. I am sure going to buy it. I'm glad to have known about it. Don't tell people what they shouldnt be posting.

Isn't that what you just did? lol

Didnt know it was your thread...

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/12/18 3:39am

databank

avatar

paisleypark4 said:

databank said:

paisleypark4 said: Isn't that what you just did? lol

Didnt know it was your thread...

Didn't know it was yours either.

Honestly anyway I have no idea why you replied what you did reply in the first place, your reply being quite unrelated to what it was replying to, so I guess there was a misunderstanding.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/12/18 11:04am

PurpleCreme

This is brilliant news. This follows the "What Time Is It?" RSD reissue in 2016 by Warner, which was ultimately disappointing due to the vinyl master using the CD rather than the original tapes. I'm sure Rhino won't make this mistake however, their Prince reissue campaign in 2011 was rock solid. The colour is an added bonus. smile

Now how about that first album...

Prince: 1958-infinity. Thank U for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/12/18 12:50pm

paisleypark4

avatar

databank said:

paisleypark4 said:

Didnt know it was your thread...

Didn't know it was yours either.

Honestly anyway I have no idea why you replied what you did reply in the first place, your reply being quite unrelated to what it was replying to, so I guess there was a misunderstanding.

Just odd you would be telling

someone that

"Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects".
Kind of rude. Its like, this is a Prince forum...not a Steve Hoffman forum. This is great news as hardly any of his side projects have been reissued in any fashion "market" or not for it. As someone just noted What Time Is It is the only release that had any attention to it vinyl wise. I hope there will be more to come! party

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/12/18 4:29pm

databank

avatar

paisleypark4 said:

databank said:

Just odd you would be telling someone that

"Many orgers have been telling you for years that there is no market for the side projects".
Kind of rude. Its like, this is a Prince forum...not a Steve Hoffman forum. This is great news as hardly any of his side projects have been reissued in any fashion "market" or not for it. As someone just noted What Time Is It is the only release that had any attention to it vinyl wise. I hope there will be more to come! party

eek

OK, I understand. It was irony, humor, second degree, aimed at those fools who claim there's no market for the side projects.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/01/18 3:24pm

PurpleCreme

Got this in yesterday and it sounds great, not sourced from CD like the What Time is It reissue. Go pick up a copy fro

Prince: 1958-infinity. Thank U for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Ice Cream Castles to be reissued on 'Neapolitan' coloured vinyl