independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:42pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Upcoming Prince album (Non-WB Material, TIDAL, 2019)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 05/12/18 12:43pm

IstenSzek

avatar

kingricefan said:

Even if this did happen there are folks here on the Org. that would still b*tch and complain about what songs were on the tracklist. biggrin

Rebeljuice said:

You would think some people here on the org will never be happy with any future releases unless Prince himself comes back from the dead to oversee its release. I hardly think JayZ is able to walk down the vault isles with a shopping trolly and drop anything he wants into it. Prince had a plan with the HNR series and from what it looks like is they are compilations of orphaned songs working backwards in time. HNR3 was probably set for outtakes from mid 10's upto 2010 or so.

So it will either be HNR3 or there is an album there that was being worked on. I doubt very much it will be a Crystal Ball type compilation of outtakes from 96 onwards.


these people complained about the tracklists while prince was still alive and putting out albums lol


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 05/12/18 12:44pm

IstenSzek

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Good Dick and a Job is coming people. The earthquake is coming to an earhole near u.


that will most likely be on the six disc Emancipation reissue smile


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 05/12/18 12:53pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

IstenSzek said:



2freaky4church1 said:


Good Dick and a Job is coming people. The earthquake is coming to an earhole near u.




that will most likely be on the six disc Emancipation reissue smile


and we’ll spend the next 20 years trying to whittle it down to one.
lol
RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 05/12/18 12:53pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Or the Tony M remix album.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 05/12/18 1:45pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

I will wait for the download and the vinyl.

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 05/12/18 2:28pm

MIRvmn

I'm actually more excited about this album since chances are that I've already heard most of what will be on the WB album. I think this could very well be HnR3 smile
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 05/12/18 2:34pm

IstenSzek

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

IstenSzek said:


that will most likely be on the six disc Emancipation reissue smile


and we’ll spend the next 20 years trying to whittle it down to one. lol



there will still be people going "whittle six discs down to one?! i can't even pick one song i like from this! talk to the hand "

lol


neutral

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 05/12/18 3:05pm

dodger

IstenSzek said:



darkroman said:


I'm a little disappointed this thread is on page three already and we don't have a plethora of over excited and deluded, speculative tracklistings!


lol lol lol




omg! fake tracklists lol

let's see, if it's anything like HnR I and II, it would be 'old' tracks and a few new ones:


01: SAMEPAGEDIFFERENTBOOK
02: RUFFENOUGH(VOCAL)
03: FREEURSELF
04: BLACKCOTTONCANDY


05: FRIDAKAHLO
06: STANDUPSTEPBACK
07: GINGERBREADMAN
08: BOYFRIEND
09: INDIFFERENCE
10: AIN'TGONNAMISSUWHENURGONE
11: BUTTERFACE
12: KARMABOOMERANG

giggle








I’ve just tweeted this to Jay.
Let’s hope he don’t replace Shelby’s rap on Same Page Different Book with his own
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 05/12/18 3:25pm

IstenSzek

avatar

dodger said:

IstenSzek said:


omg! fake tracklists lol

let's see, if it's anything like HnR I and II, it would be 'old' tracks and a few new ones:


01: SAMEPAGEDIFFERENTBOOK
02: RUFFENOUGH(VOCAL)
03: FREEURSELF
04: BLACKCOTTONCANDY

05: FRIDAKAHLO
06: STANDUPSTEPBACK
07: GINGERBREADMAN
08: BOYFRIEND
09: INDIFFERENCE
10: AIN'TGONNAMISSUWHENURGONE
11: BUTTERFACE
12: KARMABOOMERANG

giggle






I’ve just tweeted this to Jay. Let’s hope he don’t replace Shelby’s rap on Same Page Different Book with his own


don't do that eek the regulars here are gonna kill me if this is released since 3/4
of these tracks are already on our harddrives lol

plus, gingerbreadman, if it exists, is probably on the "welcome 2 america" album.

and "karmaboomerang" is like 99/01 or something, again, if it exists lol

blackcottoncandy might not even be a song, but prince tweeted that a few times.

indifference was probably for the next 3rdEyeGirl album.

frida kahlo might not even be for prince but for one of his girl protege singers.

stand up and b strong dates back to 2008/2009? stand up step back even older,

IF it exists lol

butterface might be one of the newest tunes, or it might just have been a one off
live thing.

yeah. don't tweet that to jay z lol

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 05/12/18 5:40pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

leadline said:



OperatingThetan said:


Good. Hopefully this finally resolves speculation here about any wrongdoing on Tidal's part. Far from having to remove music or be penalised, Tidal are receiving an additional album of unreleased music.


It doesn't exonerate Tidal from anything, all it does is say that the estate had a price for forgiveness.



The Estate attempted to prosecute Tidal for wrongdoing and failed in court. Far from Tidal being fined or having to remove any Prince music, they're receiving an exclusive new album of material.

Troy himself is on record as stating that he is pleased the Estate is choosing to 'honour' Prince's existing arrangement with Tidal.

Most of the Estate's previous objections to the Tidal deal could be disproven by one look at Prince's twitter account and all the exclusive music he continued to provide Tidal up until the week of his death. But the Estate is being rinsed by lawyers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 05/12/18 6:14pm

TrcikyChristop
her

OperatingThetan said:

leadline said:


It doesn't exonerate Tidal from anything, all it does is say that the estate had a price for forgiveness.

The Estate attempted to prosecute Tidal for wrongdoing and failed in court. Far from Tidal being fined or having to remove any Prince music, they're receiving an exclusive new album of material. Troy himself is on record as stating that he is pleased the Estate is choosing to 'honour' Prince's existing arrangement with Tidal. Most of the Estate's previous objections to the Tidal deal could be disproven by one look at Prince's twitter account and all the exclusive music he continued to provide Tidal up until the week of his death. But the Estate is being rinsed by lawyers.

yeahthat

Money-hungry, in-fighting, clueless siblings and their lawyers willing to do their bidding...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 05/12/18 6:59pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

I hope they do a decent job...

Let it go...and so, not let it fade away...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 05/12/18 10:15pm

dodger

IstenSzek said:



dodger said:


IstenSzek said:



omg! fake tracklists lol

let's see, if it's anything like HnR I and II, it would be 'old' tracks and a few new ones:


01: SAMEPAGEDIFFERENTBOOK
02: RUFFENOUGH(VOCAL)
03: FREEURSELF
04: BLACKCOTTONCANDY


05: FRIDAKAHLO
06: STANDUPSTEPBACK
07: GINGERBREADMAN
08: BOYFRIEND
09: INDIFFERENCE
10: AIN'TGONNAMISSUWHENURGONE
11: BUTTERFACE
12: KARMABOOMERANG

giggle








I’ve just tweeted this to Jay. Let’s hope he don’t replace Shelby’s rap on Same Page Different Book with his own


don't do that eek the regulars here are gonna kill me if this is released since 3/4
of these tracks are already on our harddrives lol

plus, gingerbreadman, if it exists, is probably on the "welcome 2 america" album.

and "karmaboomerang" is like 99/01 or something, again, if it exists lol

blackcottoncandy might not even be a song, but prince tweeted that a few times.

indifference was probably for the next 3rdEyeGirl album.

frida kahlo might not even be for prince but for one of his girl protege singers.

stand up and b strong dates back to 2008/2009? stand up step back even older,


IF it exists lol

butterface might be one of the newest tunes, or it might just have been a one off
live thing.

yeah. don't tweet that to jay z lol



lol
I wasn’t serious.
And I know you were taking the piss being fake tracklist master
🤣😂
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 05/13/18 4:41am

IstenSzek

avatar

dodger said:

IstenSzek said:


don't do that eek the regulars here are gonna kill me if this is released since 3/4
of these tracks are already on our harddrives lol

plus, gingerbreadman, if it exists, is probably on the "welcome 2 america" album.

and "karmaboomerang" is like 99/01 or something, again, if it exists lol

blackcottoncandy might not even be a song, but prince tweeted that a few times.

indifference was probably for the next 3rdEyeGirl album.

frida kahlo might not even be for prince but for one of his girl protege singers.

stand up and b strong dates back to 2008/2009? stand up step back even older,

IF it exists lol

butterface might be one of the newest tunes, or it might just have been a one off
live thing.

yeah. don't tweet that to jay z lol

lol I wasn’t serious. And I know you were taking the piss being fake tracklist master 🤣😂


lol thank the lord smile

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 05/13/18 8:27am

massing

love2thenines2003 said:

A guy who lives in Minneapolis has just posted this on his FB page ? "1 june 2018.....Piano and microphone stay tune;)" Supposed to be released by WBR https://www.facebook.com/...462400828/

He sounds pretty sure of himself. Seems really unlikely though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 05/13/18 9:25am

love2thenines2
003

massing said:

love2thenines2003 said:

A guy who lives in Minneapolis has just posted this on his FB page ? "1 june 2018.....Piano and microphone stay tune;)" Supposed to be released by WBR https://www.facebook.com/...462400828/

He sounds pretty sure of himself. Seems really unlikely though.

The guy is RIGHT...we don't have the details yet but is about PIAN0 & MICROPHONE ..more news soon !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 05/13/18 10:09am

NorthC

I'll believe that when I see it.
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 05/13/18 10:13am

luvsexy4all

love2thenines2003 said:

massing said:

He sounds pretty sure of himself. Seems really unlikely though.

The guy is RIGHT...we don't have the details yet but is about PIAN0 & MICROPHONE ..more news soon !

but its been stated its unreleased songs..not live...so is this an additional release?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 05/13/18 10:15am

love2thenines2
003

NorthC said:

I'll believe that when I see it.

Piano & Microphone release with other things will B announced on the 1st of June by WBR....99% sure at this stage confirmed 2 me few minutes ago by a reporter in musical industry ...i have his OK 2 share this with u....no more details at this stage!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 05/13/18 10:17am

NorthC

Alright... That's not so far away..
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 05/13/18 10:18am

luvsexy4all

love2thenines2003 said:

NorthC said:

I'll believe that when I see it.

Piano & Microphone release with other things will B announced on the 1st of June by WBR....99% sure at this stage confirmed 2 me few minutes ago by a reporter in musical industry ...i have his OK 2 share this with u....no more details at this stage!!

is this the 9/28 release????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 05/13/18 10:20am

luvsexy4all

Neversin said:

love2thenines2003 said:

https://www.rollingstone....um-w520211


And there you have it... A fucking rapper who's ignorant about anything regarding Prince's music will be selecting music (read: incoherent, irrelevant mess of a release and thrown together songs without any logical structure like "Crystal Ball"...) and decide with other ignorant estate cunts what we will hear...
Don't be surprised if the songs will be "remixed", "completed" with irrelevant tracks and/or edited to fuck like that "Nothing Compares 2 U" release...
Fuck Tidal, Jay-Z and The prince Estate... Next thing you know they'll have QuestLove write the liner notes full of imagined "facts"...

Neversin.

its unfortunate ...."we" dont have a say....maybe militant can plead his case to the right people

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 05/13/18 10:22am

love2thenines2
003

luvsexy4all said:

love2thenines2003 said:

Piano & Microphone release with other things will B announced on the 1st of June by WBR....99% sure at this stage confirmed 2 me few minutes ago by a reporter in musical industry ...i have his OK 2 share this with u....no more details at this stage!!

is this the 9/28 release????

It seems there will B differents things announced !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 05/13/18 11:01am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

luvsexy4all said:



Neversin said:




love2thenines2003 said:


https://www.rollingstone....um-w520211


And there you have it... A fucking rapper who's ignorant about anything regarding Prince's music will be selecting music (read: incoherent, irrelevant mess of a release and thrown together songs without any logical structure like "Crystal Ball"...) and decide with other ignorant estate cunts what we will hear...
Don't be surprised if the songs will be "remixed", "completed" with irrelevant tracks and/or edited to fuck like that "Nothing Compares 2 U" release...
Fuck Tidal, Jay-Z and The prince Estate... Next thing you know they'll have QuestLove write the liner notes full of imagined "facts"...

Neversin.



its unfortunate ...."we" dont have a say....maybe militant can plead his case to the right people



I don't think any of us are going to argue a court appointed settlement.

There's no suggestion any songs will be remixed. Jay-Z's statement indicates the direct opposite if you bother to read the full press release. Besides, Prince dealt directly with Jay-Z before as part of his original agreement with Tidal and praised him publically.

I hardly think Jay-Z is going to be wandering the vault, cherry-picking whatever he fancies. It's much more likely he'll merely select from a batch of later material presented to him by the Estate.

Whatever, Prince had a positive relationship with Jay-Z, and Tidal was the only streaming service he approved in his lifetime, so Jay-Z seems to be the least offensive individual to help select the compilation.

How do you think Prince felt about the Warners executives who chose the unreleased material for the 'Purple Rain' remaster? How many of you were whining then?

Do you think Troy is more approved by Prince to select vault material? Prince had no relationship with him and Troy worked for Spotify - a company Prince could not have been more publically critical of. Yet hardly anyone here seems to have a similar issue with Troy.The real issue is simply a prejudice and contention towards Jay-Z that Prince himself did not share.


*
[Edited 5/13/18 11:03am]
[Edited 5/13/18 11:04am]
[Edited 5/13/18 11:05am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 05/13/18 11:32am

massing

love2thenines2003 said:

massing said:

He sounds pretty sure of himself. Seems really unlikely though.

The guy is RIGHT...we don't have the details yet but is about PIAN0 & MICROPHONE ..more news soon !

Amazing!! Thanks for the info. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 05/13/18 12:26pm

williamb610

TITLES, anyone?

What should the estate call the next two releases?

Get Princely with it...let's pick a title and maybe they'll use it!

Mine...The Dawn and The Afterworld...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 05/13/18 1:07pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

luvsexy4all said:

is this the 9/28 release????

It seems there will B differents things announced !

I think there are at least two if not more releases.

Troy's statements about a release was well before the Estate came to an agreement with Tidal last week.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 05/13/18 3:23pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Looking forward to this. cool

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 05/14/18 2:32am

JorisE73

OperatingThetan said:

It's highly likely Jay-Z is choosing from a batch of later tracks (likely continuations of Prince's HitnRun series)presented to him by the Estate. I hardly think Jay-Z is wandering around in the vault picking whatever he likes. Please. And there is no suggestion the songs will be remixed. In fact, Jay-Z's comment indicates the opposite if you actually bother to READ the article before commenting (And crying. Or both.). Some of you are too blinded with prejudice to see the potential here and on the only streaming platform Prince approved in his lifetime. I guess you're all good with Spotify though? And then you want to talk about respecting Prince's wishes and legacy? BS. This is all about your whims and preferences. It has no connection to any statements or ethics Prince espoused at all.

We'll see, I'm hoping for Hit 'n Run Part 3 just to finish the deal.

[Edited 5/14/18 2:33am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 05/14/18 2:40am

Neversin

avatar

Some clueless people here do not seem to understand the term "remixed" used by me on this topic, so let me clarify:

There are already fully mixed tracks in Prince's vault, Michael Howe and whomever is in there mixing/remixing these tracks for potential release; for example by pushing all the slides way up and expose every track recorded of a song and leave them there (WTF?!) or leveling them to retarded results, see: "Nothing Compares 2 U" for his personal(?) and quite bullshit mix of Prince's demo with Susannah and Eric Leeds in the mix and then the added Clare Fisher strings and St. Paul's backing vocals track which were recorded for "The Family"'s release of the song and not Prince's demo (version) of the song...

If they wanted to release a Prince solo version then they should have just released his 1991 studio re-recording or have left the original demo for what it is without fucking with it and not remix it into something historically inacurate like they did...

So, it seems we'll be getting these kinds of releases from now on because they fail to adhere to or even consult the numerous research that has been done regarding his recordings...

Neversin.

O(+>NIИ<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Upcoming Prince album (Non-WB Material, TIDAL, 2019)