independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 23rd May 2019 9:52am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > no murder charge likely in prince's death CBS news
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 44 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 01/29/18 3:35am

purplerabbitho
le

No it wasn't but illicit black market pills are not going to have people's names on it I would imagine. Prince's name isn't on it either. Once again someone picked up those pills for Prince either from a safety deposit or a distributer or the actual manufacturer. Prince didn't do it himself. The guy didn't even pick up his own dry cleaning. His staff was small at the end of his life and kirk was one of the few and he knew and did everything around PP.

OperatingThetan said:

Militant said:




What do you make of engineer Hans Martin-Buff's statement, saying that people shouldn't blame Kirk, because the reality is that anyone who was around could have had their name on those bottles, and that if he himself was still around, it could just as easily have been his name?

Ultimately if Prince wanted it this way, and someone wouldn't do it, then he'd find the next person to do it.

The NPG are good people. I have spent time with them all personally, and that they have put their support behind Kirk (as have many others) speaks volumes to me. Ultimately he was arond Prince for what - 30 years? Who else can you say that about?


There's a lot of pieces to this puzzle, many of which we don't have answers for. I wholeheartedly believe that P was ill and the whole overdose thing is misdirection, and he preferred it that way to wasting away. Blaming Kirk because his name is on a couple of pill bottles (which, also, had nothing to do with the Fentanyl) feels like a cop out, to me.


Agreed. And as you said and cannot be emphasised enough, Kirk's name was not on the Fentanyl responsible, nor is there any evidence to suggest Kirk's connection to it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 01/29/18 3:36am

purplerabbitho
le

Maybe but why not just explain the situation. The secrecy makes Prince appear to be unloved by even his supposed closed friend and it leads to conspiracy theories.

donnyenglish said:

It is possible thta Kirk was more faithful and loyal of a friend than we will ever know. It could be that he would rather take all the heat from the public than disclose Prince’s struggle because of his loyalty. Prince had hip pain and got addicted to opioids and accidentily died of a fentanyl overdose like so many people. He was not a recreational user. The person that supplied the deadly fentanyl should go to jail. I am not sure who that person is.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 01/29/18 3:37am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

You can sometimes get away with things in the eyes of man but you don't get away with nothing in the eyes of God.

"Those that KNEW the number and didn't call...FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 01/29/18 3:39am

purplerabbitho
le

Prince being a control freak who fires folks for saying no doesn't IMO indemnify those who say yes or ignore his usage to keep their jobs. There should be lines in the sand when it comes to what people will do or not do to keep a job.. I couldn't live with myself if I facilitated or covered up (thus enabling) my boss to take dangerous drugs. He knows more and seems more concerned with covering his ass and maintaining employment. And if a 30 year "friend" is doing that, than maybe they all are. SADLY I hope I am wrong.

tab32792 said:

I'm pretty sure Kirk knows more than he's telling/admitting in general but I mean with ALL that we know about Prince, could anybody really be an enabler? He was a grown ass man who's been in control of his life for damn near his whole life. Nothing happened without his consent. The laced pills were for sure an accident but taking the pills period i'm sure was his choice and his need for secrecy and dependancy (i used to take pain killers recreationally and addiction to them could happen to anybody) drove him to go to the lengths that he did.

[Edited 1/29/18 3:43am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 01/29/18 3:57am

jaawwnn

avatar

I'll tell you what, finding a scapegoat to put in jail wouldn't make me feel any better and it wouldn't bring Prince back and I strongly believe that Prince would have found someone to get him what he wanted either way. Maybe more people should have walked away from Prince when asked to do something a bit dodgy but situations are complicated; maybe he would have passed sooner if mostly decent people had said no and been fired and he had hired less decent people, we don't know.

In this situation I just don't think a custodial sentence at Kirk's level would do anyone any good or right any wrongs. Just my two cents anyway.

[Edited 1/29/18 4:00am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 01/29/18 4:09am

purplerabbitho
le

jaawwnn said:

I'll tell you what, finding a scapegoat to put in jail wouldn't make me feel any better and it wouldn't bring Prince back and I strongly believe that Prince would have found someone to get him what he wanted either way. Maybe more people should have walked away from Prince when asked to do something a bit dodgy but situations are complicated; maybe he would have passed sooner if mostly decent people had said no and been fired and he had hired less decent people, we don't know.

In this situation I just don't think a custodial sentence at Kirk's level would do anyone any good or right any wrongs. Just my two cents anyway.


[Edited 1/29/18 4:00am]


Jail time is not necessarily what I am talking about. How about being fired and a bit ostracized for letting the man down or at least call forth for an explanation and an expression of regret for mistakes made..None of these things are happening which makes Prince’s supposed friends and family who embrace Kirk look like they totally support his actions because they don’t want to feel bad about their own tendancies to enable for a piece of thebpurple pie.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 01/29/18 4:14am

jaawwnn

avatar

purplerabbithole said:

jaawwnn said:

I'll tell you what, finding a scapegoat to put in jail wouldn't make me feel any better and it wouldn't bring Prince back and I strongly believe that Prince would have found someone to get him what he wanted either way. Maybe more people should have walked away from Prince when asked to do something a bit dodgy but situations are complicated; maybe he would have passed sooner if mostly decent people had said no and been fired and he had hired less decent people, we don't know.

In this situation I just don't think a custodial sentence at Kirk's level would do anyone any good or right any wrongs. Just my two cents anyway.

[Edited 1/29/18 4:00am]

Jail time is not necessarily what I am talking about. How about being fired and a bit ostracized for letting the man down or at least call forth for an explanation and an expression of regret for mistakes made..None of these things are happening which makes Prince’s supposed friends and family who embrace Kirk look like they totally support his actions because they don’t want to feel bad about their own tendancies to enable for a piece of thebpurple pie.

Ah yeah, I wasn't attacking you specifically. We don't know enough, maybe they do all feel a bit responsible and don't want to take it out on Kirk when they have their own guilt?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 01/29/18 4:15am

donnyenglish

purplerabbithole said:

Maybe but why not just explain the situation. The secrecy makes Prince appear to be unloved by even his supposed closed friend and it leads to conspiracy theories.




donnyenglish said:


It is possible thta Kirk was more faithful and loyal of a friend than we will sever know. It could be that he would rather take all the heat from the public cthan disclose Prince’s struggle because of his loyalty. Prince had hip pain and got addicted to opioids and accidentily died of a fentanyl overdose like so many people. He was not a recreational user. The person that supplied the deadly fentanyl should go to jail. I am not sure who that person is.



Because this was a private struggle and the details are probably not pretty. Prince would not want this info public so maybe Kirk is being loyal. With that said, whoever supplied the drugs to him needs to be charged.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 01/29/18 4:15am

1Sasha

My opinion has always been quite simple: release the full autopsy report. It will stop a great deal of the speculation. What was wrong and what was he taking. Maybe, like Tom Petty, it was an unfortunate accident. Maybe it was a deliberate overdose because he was ill. I believe people around him enabled his drug use and behavior because he was their cash register. And I came to the conclusion long ago that he deliberately overdosed in the end because he was ill. JMO

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 01/29/18 4:18am

purplerabbitho
le

jaawwnn said:



purplerabbithole said:


jaawwnn said:

I'll tell you what, finding a scapegoat to put in jail wouldn't make me feel any better and it wouldn't bring Prince back and I strongly believe that Prince would have found someone to get him what he wanted either way. Maybe more people should have walked away from Prince when asked to do something a bit dodgy but situations are complicated; maybe he would have passed sooner if mostly decent people had said no and been fired and he had hired less decent people, we don't know.

In this situation I just don't think a custodial sentence at Kirk's level would do anyone any good or right any wrongs. Just my two cents anyway.


[Edited 1/29/18 4:00am]



Jail time is not necessarily what I am talking about. How about being fired and a bit ostracized for letting the man down or at least call forth for an explanation and an expression of regret for mistakes made..None of these things are happening which makes Prince’s supposed friends and family who embrace Kirk look like they totally support his actions because they don’t want to feel bad about their own tendancies to enable for a piece of thebpurple pie.

Ah yeah, I wasn't attacking you specifically. We don't know enough, maybe they do all feel a bit responsible and don't want to take it out on Kirk when they have their own guilt?


Never said you were attacking me. Sorry if I came off that way.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 01/29/18 4:19am

jaawwnn

avatar

purplerabbithole said:

jaawwnn said:

Ah yeah, I wasn't attacking you specifically. We don't know enough, maybe they do all feel a bit responsible and don't want to take it out on Kirk when they have their own guilt?

Never said you were attacking me. Sorry if I came off that way.

we're cool wildsign

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 01/29/18 4:35am

XxAxX

avatar

Mumio said:

XxAxX said:

whofarted wtf? dudes contradict each other and the good 'Dr' contradicts himself. and they can't investigate that??!!!!?? mad mad mad

"This past week, Johnson’s attorney told WCCO that his client had “nothing to do with the fentanyl having to do with Prince’s death.”

Another search warrant in the case quotes Chaska physician Dr. Michael Schulenberg as saying he had prescribed an opioid for Prince but put it in “Kirk Johnson’s name for Prince’s privacy.”

An attorney for Schulenberg, who continues to practice medicine in the Twin Cities, says that’s not true, that Schulenberg never prescribed medications intended for Prince in anyone else’s name. "

[Edited 1/28/18 21:57pm]


This info re the MD and the prescription came out long ago, I believe when the search warrants came out?



yes it did. so? you mean i shouldn't have posted what i was thinking? oops. too late I already did. as you were.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 01/29/18 4:39am

XxAxX

avatar

purplerabbithole said:

I would like to think he did but the reality is that his "bestie" left him alone that night, the reality is that his " bestie" has his name of pill bottles that Prince had around his house and his" bestie" gave inconsistent info to the cops. "His bestie" also had access to everything and was one of the few to know the ins and outs of Paisley" and yet didn't have the balls or determination to rid the joint of all those bottles. NO, Kirk just sounds like a 30 year yes man who didn't necessarily want to see the man die but put his job above saying "no" to the man...

Yes, Prince's choices killed him but enablers help addicts make bad choices easier and their presense make reality checks and real treatment nearly impossible.

Lovejunky said:

How can you call Kirk an enabler when the Pills subscribed to him

FOR Prince Had absolutely NOTHING to do with Princes death ???

You are just being emotional

Kirk was Princes Bestie, whether you like him or not...

You dont think Kirk LOVED Prince as Much as the rest of us ???

[Edited 1/29/18 3:28am]



and why were the security cameras turned off? who turned them off and when? did the security company turn them off or was it done internally?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 01/29/18 4:45am

udo

avatar

Militant said:

Blaming Kirk because his name is on a couple of pill bottles (which, also, had nothing to do with the Fentanyl) feels like a cop out, to me.

.

Bullshit.

If he willingly let his name be abused, if he willingly picked up (wherever) that stuff he KNEW and he did not act (in time) to prevent his death.

That would mean he's guilty.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 01/29/18 4:59am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

luv4u said:

It was the drugs plain and simple.

But there are those that won't gett off the "Prince was murdered" band wagon. Folks just looking for someone to blame and make them pay.

There is no foul play there was no murder so it it pointless for the police to consider that based on their investigation and the coroners report.

Some will find it hard to accept. Some will forever think he was murdered.






I agree
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 01/29/18 5:11am

lastdecember

avatar

As Owen Hunsey said "I'm not blaming anyone, what you do, you do to yourself. But there were too many YES people around and not enough NO's" That is it plain and simple. We like the SEXY type of story though, like, Warner Brothers killed him. PRINCE was not murdered, Prince slowly killed himself, and that is a fact we all have got to really start to deal with. No it was not a suicide per say, but it was dangerous what he was doing and everyone had to know that. Were there other health issues, probably, I think there is many things we will never know, he was Private, we should know that by now. For there to be "ENABLERS" there has to be the main person that they are enabling at fault.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 01/29/18 5:17am

antonb

im just wondering if most of his close friends new. Like Shelia E and the rest. Kept it quiet for Prince.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 01/29/18 5:23am

XxAxX

avatar

purplerabbithole said:

Maybe but why not just explain the situation. The secrecy makes Prince appear to be unloved by even his supposed closed friend and it leads to conspiracy theories.

donnyenglish said:

It is possible thta Kirk was more faithful and loyal of a friend than we will ever know. It could be that he would rather take all the heat from the public than disclose Prince’s struggle because of his loyalty. Prince had hip pain and got addicted to opioids and accidentily died of a fentanyl overdose like so many people. He was not a recreational user. The person that supplied the deadly fentanyl should go to jail. I am not sure who that person is.



and was he even alone that night? personally i think not. they sent for a CA Dr's son who flew in on the red eye to help. none of us would even have considered dropping him off like that, so maybe they didn't. maybe someone was helping him when he took a turn for the worse and now that person doesn't want to speak up. the way he was dressed still bothers me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 01/29/18 5:49am

TrevorAyer

This seems like a case of death with dignity ... prince had a decade long addiction that destroyed his organs ... lots of bucket list items prince was checking off ... no one enabled prince ... wait few days don’t waste your prayers ... says it all ... he had the fentanol for when it was the right time ... piano and mic was his way of keep on going at the end ... a good distraction and a nice goodby to his fans
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 01/29/18 5:50am

purplerabbitho
le

lastdecember said:

As Owen Hunsey said "I'm not blaming anyone, what you do, you do to yourself. But there were too many YES people around and not enough NO's" That is it plain and simple. We like the SEXY type of story though, like, Warner Brothers killed him. PRINCE was not murdered, Prince slowly killed himself, and that is a fact we all have got to really start to deal with. No it was not a suicide per say, but it was dangerous what he was doing and everyone had to know that. Were there other health issues, probably, I think there is many things we will never know, he was Private, we should know that by now. For there to be "ENABLERS" there has to be the main person that they are enabling at fault.



Drug addicts with physical, emotional and psychological pain need truth, interventions and removal of the temptation around them. If those things are not being done ( or at least attempts are made) then others are partly to blame. Prince was at fault but so were others and I don’t imagine Owen would be as hardcore if one of his loved ones was in the same situation. It’s the drug addict’s fault for not getting proper help to some degree obviously but addiction/ mental illness are diseases not just choices.
[Edited 1/29/18 5:53am]
[Edited 1/29/18 5:55am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 01/29/18 5:58am

Rebeljuice

Irrelevant of what underlying issues Prince may or may not have had, it could really be as simple as a friend doing his best to help Prince. It seems more and more likely to me that Kirk put his own ass on the line to help Prince. If Prince was in fact obtaining pills from the street (which he obviously was some how), then Kirk going to his Dr and getting prescribed pills in his name may well have been his way of trying to keep Prince off of the black market stuff. We know Prince had prescribed pills yet still took that fatal street pill.

Kirk failed in his attempt to keep Prince away from the street drugs despite his efforts in combination with Dr S. Kirk failed in trying to get Prince into rehab. Kirk failed in trying to save the life of a man who did not take advice easiliy and did his own thing regardless.

Instead of blaming Kirk for what is written in the warrants, maybe we should be thanking him for trying his best. Prince was in a dark place irrelevant of the circumstances and at the best of times he did not take advice easily. What else was Kirk to do in those circumstances? Wallk away?

I just dont believe Kirk was enabling Prince blindly. i believe he was trying to save him and even crossed the legal line in doing so. Unfortunately, his attempts were futile. But I genuinely think he tried.

There is only one person to really blame in this whole thing and that, unfortunately, is Prince. Of course, none of this explains why Prince was in this dark place to begin with. That is what Im more perplexed about than the actual events leading up to his death. Why was he seeking illigal drugs to begin with? That is the bigger mystery to me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 01/29/18 6:09am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

luv4u said:

It was the drugs plain and simple.

But there are those that won't gett off the "Prince was murdered" band wagon. Folks just looking for someone to blame and make them pay.

There is no foul play there was no murder so it it pointless for the police to consider that based on their investigation and the coroners report.

Some will find it hard to accept. Some will forever think he was murdered.





Please tell me, how exactly is it plain and simple, when Prince couldn't have possibly known that he was taking Fentanyl? The Fentanyl that he overdosed from was inside of pills that were clearly (mis)labeled as something else. Which means whomever put the Fentanyl in those pills is responsible for his death

What I cannot for the life of me understand, is why anyone that cared for him would rather believe Prince died a drug addict than think it's even remotely possible that he could have been murdered? disbelief

"Those that KNEW the number and didn't call...FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 01/29/18 6:36am

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:

bluegangsta said:

Yet, the NPG are still touring with this enabler.

Also, "knowledge" is an understatement, when your name is on the damn pill bottles.




What do you make of engineer Hans Martin-Buff's statement, saying that people shouldn't blame Kirk, because the reality is that anyone who was around could have had their name on those bottles, and that if he himself was still around, it could just as easily have been his name?

Ultimately if Prince wanted it this way, and someone wouldn't do it, then he'd find the next person to do it.

The NPG are good people. I have spent time with them all personally, and that they have put their support behind Kirk (as have many others) speaks volumes to me. Ultimately he was arond Prince for what - 30 years? Who else can you say that about?


There's a lot of pieces to this puzzle, many of which we don't have answers for. I wholeheartedly believe that P was ill and the whole overdose thing is misdirection, and he preferred it that way to wasting away. Blaming Kirk because his name is on a couple of pill bottles (which, also, had nothing to do with the Fentanyl) feels like a cop out, to me.


Sorry if Kirk obtained pill illegally he would be in trouble however, I have been saying as have others that Prince had another illness and if that illness is documented Kirk and Dr. S are going to be in the clear. They could be charged but no jury would blame then if they were helping a person with a real medical problem who was dying.

Sorry for some of you but this is adding up to being something that is going to remain private and closed.

If some of us are wrong and there was no other illness I would think the evidence is just not there to convict Kirk. It would not mean he was not responsible because Prince would have found someone else.

[Edited 1/29/18 6:38am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 01/29/18 6:39am

laurarichardso
n

milesb said:

Militant said:




What do you make of engineer Hans Martin-Buff's statement, saying that people shouldn't blame Kirk, because the reality is that anyone who was around could have had their name on those bottles, and that if he himself was still around, it could just as easily have been his name?

Ultimately if Prince wanted it this way, and someone wouldn't do it, then he'd find the next person to do it.

The NPG are good people. I have spent time with them all personally, and that they have put their support behind Kirk (as have many others) speaks volumes to me. Ultimately he was arond Prince for what - 30 years? Who else can you say that about?


There's a lot of pieces to this puzzle, many of which we don't have answers for. I wholeheartedly believe that P was ill and the whole overdose thing is misdirection, and he preferred it that way to wasting away. Blaming Kirk because his name is on a couple of pill bottles (which, also, had nothing to do with the Fentanyl) feels like a cop out, to me.


I can't see someone as physically fit and clean living as Prince suddenly becoming sick and wasting away. No family history of any illnesses that would fit that description either. I believe he had hip pain, and got addicted to the pain medication. That addiction spiralled to a life threatening addiction. The same thing as is affected so many in the US and around the world. These things need to be banned and any doctor prescribing them willy nilly should be struck off

How do you know his family health history?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 01/29/18 6:46am

laurarichardso
n

While criminal charges are possible in the case, they will likely be relatively minor unless new witnesses come forward.

Charges while minor may be forthcoming.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 01/29/18 7:32am

EyeJester7

luv4u said:

It was the drugs plain and simple.

But there are those that won't gett off the "Prince was murdered" band wagon. Folks just looking for someone to blame and make them pay.

There is no foul play there was no murder so it it pointless for the police to consider that based on their investigation and the coroners report.

Some will find it hard to accept. Some will forever think he was murdered.





yeahthat

It's Button Therapy, Baby!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 01/29/18 7:50am

laurarichardso
n

XxAxX said:

purplerabbithole said:

I would like to think he did but the reality is that his "bestie" left him alone that night, the reality is that his " bestie" has his name of pill bottles that Prince had around his house and his" bestie" gave inconsistent info to the cops. "His bestie" also had access to everything and was one of the few to know the ins and outs of Paisley" and yet didn't have the balls or determination to rid the joint of all those bottles. NO, Kirk just sounds like a 30 year yes man who didn't necessarily want to see the man die but put his job above saying "no" to the man...

Yes, Prince's choices killed him but enablers help addicts make bad choices easier and their presense make reality checks and real treatment nearly impossible.

[Edited 1/29/18 3:28am]



and why were the security cameras turned off? who turned them off and when? did the security company turn them off or was it done internally?

According to Prince's cousin the security cameras were removed not turned off.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 01/29/18 7:52am

laurarichardso
n

EyeJester7 said:

luv4u said:

It was the drugs plain and simple.

But there are those that won't gett off the "Prince was murdered" band wagon. Folks just looking for someone to blame and make them pay.

There is no foul play there was no murder so it it pointless for the police to consider that based on their investigation and the coroners report.

Some will find it hard to accept. Some will forever think he was murdered.





yeahthat

If the police really believed that nothing strange was going on with his stituation the case would have been closed a long time ago. Stop being naive. Anyone who helped him get those drugs being for a good reason or bad is liable for their actions.

Enablers are being charged all over this country.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 01/29/18 8:02am

jdcxc

Militant said:[quote]


I wholeheartedly believe that P was ill and the whole overdose thing is misdirection, and he preferred it that way to wasting away.

Huh? Please elaborate...suicide? “Misdirection”? Longtime illness? The ME ruling was definitively “Accidental” with mislabeled Fentanyl.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 01/29/18 8:05am

DarkKnight1

avatar

Of course Kirk, and anyone else super close to Prince knew that he had a drug problem. However, he was Prince, and what he wanted, wouldnt be denied. the same can be said for anyone with that kind of money/success/power.

Prince died of addiction. How this is still a conversation blows my mind.

(Insert something clever here)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 44 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > no murder charge likely in prince's death CBS news