independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 24th May 2018 2:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > no murder charge likely in prince's death CBS news
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 28 of 44 « First<242526272829303132>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #810 posted 02/13/18 3:53pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Mumio said:

cloveringold85 said:

I remember reading this blog not long after Prince had passed. The writer makes some very good points, although I don't agree with everything he said. This part seems on-point, and describes the way a lot of us felt when the devestating news surfaced......

.

Prince’s last Instagram really doesn’t sound like a man in any eminent drug or medical crisis. More and more, it seems as if Prince died all alone underneath a freeway overpass in Los Angeles instead of his castle. All the people surrounding Prince, his music and millions suddenly have no names or faces. They want us to believe that Prince, a giant in the American music industry for decades, took off into the ocean on a rowboat without a paddle, or took off on the interstate highway on a skateboard.

.

But Prince was no more protected in his home and castle then a man living underneath the freeway. If you believe the corporate mass mediaPrince Storyline, then you will fall for anything, and that endangers this nation’sdemocracy. The public has a right to answers in a case of homicide, a possible crime against SOCIETY. Right now, Prince’s death is a puzzle wrapped up inside an enigma. This is the time to stop crying with the doves whatever that means, stop partying like its 1999, ask and demand answers, and make this system act like its a democracy versus a secret society and an island for the few.

.

......He goes on to talk about the day Prince died and the Kornfelds, etc. He has a lot of different theories (as we all do).

.

http://www.blakkpepper.co...ood-stars/


Omg, this website and this person wacky nuts Sounds straight out of the FB murder groups, maybe even a friend of crazy Abigail. There's info there that's not even accurate ffs lol



.

IKR? lol

.

And the part where he says that "Andrew was part of a death squad". eek

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #811 posted 02/13/18 4:26pm

Mumio

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

Mumio said:


Omg, this website and this person wacky nuts Sounds straight out of the FB murder groups, maybe even a friend of crazy Abigail. There's info there that's not even accurate ffs lol



.

IKR? lol

.

And the part where he says that "Andrew was part of a death squad". eek



Yeah, what the hell is up with that?

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #812 posted 02/13/18 4:29pm

PeteSilas

I didn't waste my time reading that crap.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #813 posted 02/13/18 5:36pm

cloveringold85

avatar

PeteSilas said:

I didn't waste my time reading that crap.

.

Most of it was a little too much, but he did make some good points in regards to how half-ass the investigation has been handled, and how they didn't get Prince immediate help. Perhaps Dr. Shulemberg did not do anything wrong, but both Dr. Kornfeld and Shulemberg did not conduct themselves in a professional manner. A lot of it is perplexing -- you can't deny that.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #814 posted 02/13/18 6:43pm

sonshine

avatar

PeteSilas said:

I didn't waste my time reading that crap.



Me neither. I'm willing to consider other circumstances may have been a factor, but these loonies don't help with their extreme opinions. It does just the opposite. It makes me not want to believe anything else other than what's been officially reported.
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #815 posted 02/13/18 7:50pm

laurarichardso
n

sonshine said:

PeteSilas said:

I didn't waste my time reading that crap.



Me neither. I'm willing to consider other circumstances may have been a factor, but these loonies don't help with their extreme opinions. It does just the opposite. It makes me not want to believe anything else other than what's been officially reported.

—Not much has been officially reported. So what do we to believe.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #816 posted 02/13/18 8:06pm

PeteSilas

laurarichardson said:

sonshine said:
Me neither. I'm willing to consider other circumstances may have been a factor, but these loonies don't help with their extreme opinions. It does just the opposite. It makes me not want to believe anything else other than what's been officially reported.
—Not much has been officially reported. So what do we to believe.

not that bullshit

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #817 posted 02/14/18 1:25am

laurarichardso
n

PeteSilas said:



laurarichardson said:


sonshine said:
Me neither. I'm willing to consider other circumstances may have been a factor, but these loonies don't help with their extreme opinions. It does just the opposite. It makes me not want to believe anything else other than what's been officially reported.

—Not much has been officially reported. So what do we to believe.

not that bullshit


—-Exactly, but the lack of info and sloopy investigation causes this type of speculation. At the end of the day Andrew had no business possessing those drugs he broke the law and his still free. One of many messed up things going on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #818 posted 02/14/18 4:46am

1Sasha

I posted here a long time ago that I believed the local authorities thought this was a "simple" death. Heart attack, aneurysm ... something like that. Then the ME got involved and the authorities had their holy s--- moment when they knew this would be bigger than they could have possibly imagined and they hadn't acted appropriately. They were in over their heads and they blew it. JMO but that investigation ... There is more here than an accidental drug overdose. I don't think anyone walked in and killed him. I think he planned it. But why are people around him skating free and not talking?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #819 posted 02/14/18 6:41am

disch

I'm pretty sure that local authorities knew very, very quickly that this was a likely OD. I think simply their conversations with the witnesses on the scene (as documented on the warrants) would have pointed them in that direction right away.

-

ODs are an extremely common thing that law enforcement sees every day; they are not, in and of themselves, complex or rare. I don't think an OD is an overwhelming situation for any law enforcement agency at this point, unfortunately. Not that they can root out all the drug sources and "win the drug war" (obviously, after decades of trying, no law enforcement agency has been able to do that). But I think ODs are actually one of the first things they consider when someone drops dead suddenly and unexpectedly.

1Sasha said:

I posted here a long time ago that I believed the local authorities thought this was a "simple" death. Heart attack, aneurysm ... something like that. Then the ME got involved and the authorities had their holy s--- moment when they knew this would be bigger than they could have possibly imagined and they hadn't acted appropriately. They were in over their heads and they blew it. JMO but that investigation ... There is more here than an accidental drug overdose. I don't think anyone walked in and killed him. I think he planned it. But why are people around him skating free and not talking?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #820 posted 02/14/18 6:58am

laurarichardso
n

If they knew they sure did not act like it. They did not even take Prince's laptop until days later and it had been moved. We all know overdose's are common and police departments see them everyday.

Why is this case still open? If he died from an overdose just call it an accident and say you do not know where the drugs came from and close it.

disch said:

I'm pretty sure that local authorities knew very, very quickly that this was a likely OD. I think simply their conversations with the witnesses on the scene (as documented on the warrants) would have pointed them in that direction right away.

-

ODs are an extremely common thing that law enforcement sees every day; they are not, in and of themselves, complex or rare. I don't think an OD is an overwhelming situation for any law enforcement agency at this point, unfortunately. Not that they can root out all the drug sources and "win the drug war" (obviously, after decades of trying, no law enforcement agency has been able to do that). But I think ODs are actually one of the first things they consider when someone drops dead suddenly and unexpectedly.

1Sasha said:

I posted here a long time ago that I believed the local authorities thought this was a "simple" death. Heart attack, aneurysm ... something like that. Then the ME got involved and the authorities had their holy s--- moment when they knew this would be bigger than they could have possibly imagined and they hadn't acted appropriately. They were in over their heads and they blew it. JMO but that investigation ... There is more here than an accidental drug overdose. I don't think anyone walked in and killed him. I think he planned it. But why are people around him skating free and not talking?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #821 posted 02/14/18 7:16am

disch

Well, as far as keeping the case open: Because they think a crime was involved, which would definitely be the case if the drugs in his possession were illegal, which we pretty well know they were (he got those drugs from somewhere, after all). That would be true of anyone, not just Prince.

-

We've already discussed this many, many times here, so I won't rehash the whole thing, but an ME's determination of "accident" does not mean that there can't be criminal charges (and an ME's determination of "homicide" doesn't mean there would be criminal charges, either. The ME uses these terms in different way than law enforcement does.)

-

And this case is very high-profile with lots of media attention, so it's possible it was handled differently than a low-profile OD.

-

It sounds like you have data on how OD deaths on illegal drugs are typically handled by law enforcement. Care to share?

laurarichardson said:

If they knew they sure did not act like it. They did not even take Prince's laptop until days later and it had been moved. We all know overdose's are common and police departments see them everyday.

Why is this case still open? If he died from an overdose just call it an accident and say you do not know where the drugs came from and close it.

disch said:

I'm pretty sure that local authorities knew very, very quickly that this was a likely OD. I think simply their conversations with the witnesses on the scene (as documented on the warrants) would have pointed them in that direction right away.

-

ODs are an extremely common thing that law enforcement sees every day; they are not, in and of themselves, complex or rare. I don't think an OD is an overwhelming situation for any law enforcement agency at this point, unfortunately. Not that they can root out all the drug sources and "win the drug war" (obviously, after decades of trying, no law enforcement agency has been able to do that). But I think ODs are actually one of the first things they consider when someone drops dead suddenly and unexpectedly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #822 posted 02/14/18 7:58am

laurarichardso
n

Live in the land of realitiy for just once. If they had enough evidence they would have moved this on to the prosecutor a long time ago. We all know a crime was committed as it has been discussed over and over again.

I have family members and friends who work in law enforcement so I do know a few things.

I suspect you do as well but will never admit that something is going on with this case that has made the investigaton drag on much too long.

I guess you also know the longer a case is open the less likely it will be solved.

disch said:

Well, as far as keeping the case open: Because they think a crime was involved, which would definitely be the case if the drugs in his possession were illegal, which we pretty well know they were (he got those drugs from somewhere, after all). That would be true of anyone, not just Prince.

-

We've already discussed this many, many times here, so I won't rehash the whole thing, but an ME's determination of "accident" does not mean that there can't be criminal charges (and an ME's determination of "homicide" doesn't mean there would be criminal charges, either. The ME uses these terms in different way than law enforcement does.)

-

And this case is very high-profile with lots of media attention, so it's possible it was handled differently than a low-profile OD.

-

It sounds like you have data on how OD deaths on illegal drugs are typically handled by law enforcement. Care to share?

laurarichardson said:

If they knew they sure did not act like it. They did not even take Prince's laptop until days later and it had been moved. We all know overdose's are common and police departments see them everyday.

Why is this case still open? If he died from an overdose just call it an accident and say you do not know where the drugs came from and close it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #823 posted 02/14/18 7:58am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

The police are going to forever keep this case open so that others will never see what their investigaton unfolded.





[Edited 2/14/18 8:37am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #824 posted 02/14/18 8:05am

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The police are going to forever keep this case open so that others will never see would their investigaton unfolded.

That is an interesting theory. sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #825 posted 02/14/18 8:17am

disch

Laura, the nasty comment ("Live in the land of reality for once") is uncalled for. I simply answered your question and I didn't add any similar insults at your capabilities, and if you're interested in engaging with me, you'll need to show me the same respect.

laurarichardson said:

Live in the land of realitiy for just once. If they had enough evidence they would have moved this on to the prosecutor a long time ago. We all know a crime was committed as it has been discussed over and over again.

I have family members and friends who work in law enforcement so I do know a few things.

I suspect you do as well but will never admit that something is going on with this case that has made the investigaton drag on much too long.

I guess you also know the longer a case is open the less likely it will be solved.

disch said:

Well, as far as keeping the case open: Because they think a crime was involved, which would definitely be the case if the drugs in his possession were illegal, which we pretty well know they were (he got those drugs from somewhere, after all). That would be true of anyone, not just Prince.

-

We've already discussed this many, many times here, so I won't rehash the whole thing, but an ME's determination of "accident" does not mean that there can't be criminal charges (and an ME's determination of "homicide" doesn't mean there would be criminal charges, either. The ME uses these terms in different way than law enforcement does.)

-

And this case is very high-profile with lots of media attention, so it's possible it was handled differently than a low-profile OD.

-

It sounds like you have data on how OD deaths on illegal drugs are typically handled by law enforcement. Care to share?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #826 posted 02/14/18 8:28am

laurarichardso
n

I apologize if you were offended. I simply cannot see how anyone who is being realistic cannot see how messed up this case is.

disch said:

Laura, the nasty comment ("Live in the land of reality for once") is uncalled for. I simply answered your question and I didn't add any similar insults at your capabilities, and if you're interested in engaging with me, you'll need to show me the same respect.

laurarichardson said:

Live in the land of realitiy for just once. If they had enough evidence they would have moved this on to the prosecutor a long time ago. We all know a crime was committed as it has been discussed over and over again.

I have family members and friends who work in law enforcement so I do know a few things.

I suspect you do as well but will never admit that something is going on with this case that has made the investigaton drag on much too long.

I guess you also know the longer a case is open the less likely it will be solved.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #827 posted 02/14/18 8:48am

disch

It's definitely too bad they don't seem to have been able to determine where the illegal drugs came from, and/or if anyone else facilitated his addiction though some illegal action. I don't know why they haven't been able to figure this out -- I don't know if the investigation into this case deviated from how other illegal ODs are typically investigated, for example.

-

laurarichardson said:

I apologize if you were offended. I simply cannot see how anyone who is being realistic cannot see how messed up this case is.

disch said:

Laura, the nasty comment ("Live in the land of reality for once") is uncalled for. I simply answered your question and I didn't add any similar insults at your capabilities, and if you're interested in engaging with me, you'll need to show me the same respect.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #828 posted 02/14/18 9:50am

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The police are going to forever keep this case open so that others will never see what their investigaton unfolded.





[Edited 2/14/18 8:37am]



Completely agree with all of this nod

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #829 posted 02/14/18 10:17am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

disch said:

It's definitely too bad they don't seem to have been able to determine where the illegal drugs came from, and/or if anyone else facilitated his addiction though some illegal action. I don't know why they haven't been able to figure this out -- I don't know if the investigation into this case deviated from how other illegal ODs are typically investigated, for example.

-

laurarichardson said:

I apologize if you were offended. I simply cannot see how anyone who is being realistic cannot see how messed up this case is.


The illegal drugs most likely came from China, ordered over the dark web. As for the inordinate length of the investigation, we're talking Prince here - a well known 'celebrity'. They've

uncovered virtually nothing here, that's the problem.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #830 posted 02/14/18 10:20am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The police are going to forever keep this case open so that others will never see what their investigaton unfolded.





[Edited 2/14/18 8:37am]


No. As in no logic or sense whatsoever.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #831 posted 02/14/18 10:30am

laurarichardso
n

fortuneandserendipity said:

disch said:

It's definitely too bad they don't seem to have been able to determine where the illegal drugs came from, and/or if anyone else facilitated his addiction though some illegal action. I don't know why they haven't been able to figure this out -- I don't know if the investigation into this case deviated from how other illegal ODs are typically investigated, for example.

-


The illegal drugs most likely came from China, ordered over the dark web. As for the inordinate length of the investigation, we're talking Prince here - a well known 'celebrity'. They've

uncovered virtually nothing here, that's the problem.

If the drugs came from China why is the case still open. They will never get anyone from China.

I also do not think Prince brought anything over the internet to ingest. This is a guy who had his silverware shrink wrapped as stipulated in his contract rider.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #832 posted 02/14/18 10:48am

disch

Yeah it's very likely the pills were manufactured in China but have had intermediate steps between China and Prince.

-

The problem is much bigger than just Prince. Wherever his drugs originated, thousands of other people's came from the same place. I certainly don't think they'll bust the entire international counterfeit opioid trade just via one person's (Prince's) case. But perhaps if he had a human dealer who supplied him directly, they could find that person.

-

I don't know if the investigation is inordinate. I don't know what is typical for how long illegal OD cases are kept open. I don't know that keeping it open means that it's being actively worked on (the last we heard, the police "passed the evidence" to the prosecutor, which sounds like a way of saying they're not actively doing any more investigating, but who knows).

fortuneandserendipity said:

disch said:

It's definitely too bad they don't seem to have been able to determine where the illegal drugs came from, and/or if anyone else facilitated his addiction though some illegal action. I don't know why they haven't been able to figure this out -- I don't know if the investigation into this case deviated from how other illegal ODs are typically investigated, for example.

-


The illegal drugs most likely came from China, ordered over the dark web. As for the inordinate length of the investigation, we're talking Prince here - a well known 'celebrity'. They've

uncovered virtually nothing here, that's the problem.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #833 posted 02/14/18 10:48am

Menes

Mumio said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The police are going to forever keep this case open so that others will never see what their investigaton unfolded.





[Edited 2/14/18 8:37am]



Completely agree with all of this nod

And what is the excuse for the family waiting so long to express themselves about what they think happened? Are they waiting for Mulefunk's final report ?


On a side note, quite a nice chunck of "entertatinment fees" for entertatainment lawyers. Someone , somewhere, is racking it up. Names are all blacked out. So if the famiy isn't "working" , how are they surviving?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #834 posted 02/14/18 11:05am

laurarichardso
n

Menes said:

Mumio said:



Completely agree with all of this nod

And what is the excuse for the family waiting so long to express themselves about what they think happened? Are they waiting for Mulefunk's final report ?


On a side note, quite a nice chunck of "entertatinment fees" for entertatainment lawyers. Someone , somewhere, is racking it up. Names are all blacked out. So if the famiy isn't "working" , how are they surviving?

The family is asking for information so I do not think all of them know anything about what the investigation uncovered. I also do not expect them to have a press conference to discuss Prince's health. I doubt he would have wanted that and let us be honest they do not handle press well.

Comerica is charging them a flat fee and the fees for the entertainment lawyers is the cost of doing business. If the estate were settle lawyers would still have to be paid. Even Prince had lawyers.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #835 posted 02/14/18 11:06am

laurarichardso
n

If they sent it to the prosecutor then what are they still investigating?

disch said:

Yeah it's very likely the pills were manufactured in China but have had intermediate steps between China and Prince.

-

The problem is much bigger than just Prince. Wherever his drugs originated, thousands of other people's came from the same place. I certainly don't think they'll bust the entire international counterfeit opioid trade just via one person's (Prince's) case. But perhaps if he had a human dealer who supplied him directly, they could find that person.

-

I don't know if the investigation is inordinate. I don't know what is typical for how long illegal OD cases are kept open. I don't know that keeping it open means that it's being actively worked on (the last we heard, the police "passed the evidence" to the prosecutor, which sounds like a way of saying they're not actively doing any more investigating, but who knows).

fortuneandserendipity said:


The illegal drugs most likely came from China, ordered over the dark web. As for the inordinate length of the investigation, we're talking Prince here - a well known 'celebrity'. They've

uncovered virtually nothing here, that's the problem.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #836 posted 02/14/18 11:07am

Mumio

avatar

Menes said:

Mumio said:



Completely agree with all of this nod

And what is the excuse for the family waiting so long to express themselves about what they think happened? Are they waiting for Mulefunk's final report ?


On a side note, quite a nice chunck of "entertatinment fees" for entertatainment lawyers. Someone , somewhere, is racking it up. Names are all blacked out. So if the famiy isn't "working" , how are they surviving?


I don't know but it's entirely possible the family doesn't think they need to say anything? No idea how they are surviving but didn't someone say somewhere they might be able to "borrow" against their inheritance?

No doubt there's plenty of money being spent but I don't have any knowledge at all of dealing with entertainment deals and fees so it may not be out of line with what is should be to do these things.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #837 posted 02/14/18 11:12am

Menes

laurarichardson said:

Menes said:

And what is the excuse for the family waiting so long to express themselves about what they think happened? Are they waiting for Mulefunk's final report ?


On a side note, quite a nice chunck of "entertatinment fees" for entertatainment lawyers. Someone , somewhere, is racking it up. Names are all blacked out. So if the famiy isn't "working" , how are they surviving?

The family is asking for information so I do not think all of them know anything about what the investigation uncovered. I also do not expect them to have a press conference to discuss Prince's health. I doubt he would have wanted that and let us be honest they do not handle press well.

Comerica is charging them a flat fee and the fees for the entertainment lawyers is the cost of doing business. If the estate were settle lawyers would still have to be paid. Even Prince had lawyers.

Definitely not a press conference, but they could rebut some of the claims like Tyka alluded to that she wanted to clear up in her book. Now "snaggles", ( I mean Chazz) although all over the map, is at least saying something publicly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #838 posted 02/14/18 11:15am

laurarichardso
n

Menes said:

laurarichardson said:

The family is asking for information so I do not think all of them know anything about what the investigation uncovered. I also do not expect them to have a press conference to discuss Prince's health. I doubt he would have wanted that and let us be honest they do not handle press well.

Comerica is charging them a flat fee and the fees for the entertainment lawyers is the cost of doing business. If the estate were settle lawyers would still have to be paid. Even Prince had lawyers.

Definitely not a press conference, but they could rebut some of the claims like Tyka alluded to that she wanted to clear up in her book. Now "snaggles", ( I mean Chazz) although all over the map, is at least saying something publicly.

Well Tyka wants to put it in her book ( which will be her second one) that is better then a press conference and I am sorry if people who had no communication with Prince for years can write books I am not sure why his sister cannot write one.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #839 posted 02/14/18 11:31am

Menes

laurarichardson said:

Menes said:

Definitely not a press conference, but they could rebut some of the claims like Tyka alluded to that she wanted to clear up in her book. Now "snaggles", ( I mean Chazz) although all over the map, is at least saying something publicly.

Well Tyka wants to put it in her book ( which will be her second one) that is better then a press conference and I am sorry if people who had no communication with Prince for years can write books I am not sure why his sister cannot write one.

I understand her having the right to write a book, but come on now, what is stopping the family members from saying something as simple as: "No, our brother was not a drug addict, or " Our brother was terminally ill" , in a public setting? You don't find that strange? What is the logical reason for this tight-lipped, buttoned down secrecy?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 28 of 44 « First<242526272829303132>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > no murder charge likely in prince's death CBS news