independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 23rd Aug 2017 4:15pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > BE CAREFUL: THE ESTATE IS COMING AFTER PEOPLE
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/21/17 6:30pm

interrorgator

BE CAREFUL: THE ESTATE IS COMING AFTER PEOPLE

Peace to all,

Just notice at another forum that I belong to that the Prince Estate seems to be aware of the leaks & are going after people. Just want everyone to be careful.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/21/17 6:39pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Not surprised

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/21/17 7:02pm

rogifan

avatar

I noticed on YouTube some takedowns are now coming from something/someone called PRN Estate, in addition to NPG Music Publishing and Web Sheriff.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/21/17 7:08pm

Lovejunky

avatar

I wouldnt be too worried...The Estate is going to exhaust their Funds trying to do this.....

As soon as they remove one video three more of the same pop up...

THey dont understand WHY Prince kept his stuff off You tube THEN

and that now he wouldnt mind....

Good Luck to them...But if they think they can Hold Back the Purple Reign...they are mistaken...



“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/21/17 9:11pm

djdaffy1227

avatar

What took them so long? It's not like this was a big secret lol lol
Making love and music are the only things worth fighting for.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/21/17 9:13pm

green2

Really an exercise in futility. These lawyers are clueless and behind the times. The internet is faster than any of the old law books they use. One site down=controversy=10 new sites pop up = losing battle. Law is only as good as it can be enforced....just sayin.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/21/17 9:14pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Just when you thought it was safe....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/21/17 9:22pm

airth

avatar

I think in this case, they're going after someone who has been actively promoting the sale of the EYE boot. But definitely good advice to be careful; I've been in groups that have got shut down in the past.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/21/17 11:07pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Just when you thought it was safe....



eek

Welcome to "the org", Mumio… they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/22/17 12:24am

Astasheiks

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Just when you thought it was safe....

eye crysball

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/22/17 12:29am

bluegangsta

avatar

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/22/17 1:09am

morningsong

avatar

Who snitched?
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/22/17 1:17am

BlueShakooo

It's not surprising at all that they don't want bootlegs to be sold openly.
And when it comes to YouTube-Videos: We all know that those who upload something like Prince's Superbowl-performance surely make some money, too.
So it's understandable that they'll be deleting the "big things".

We can only hope that they will make a difference between devoted fans who share some hard2get-stuff and those who want to make some money.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/22/17 1:23am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

Perhaps they should try organising or releasing something themselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/22/17 1:25am

TheVaultKeeper

morningsong said:

Who snitched?

The elite leaker [NFT] mentioned 2 people he was particularly pissed off at in one of the leaks meta data, and now those same two people were just contacted by a lawyer representing the Prince estate, so I'm gonna say it's pretty obvious that [NFT] is the snitch.

[Edited 7/22/17 1:27am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/22/17 2:41am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

TheVaultKeeper said:

morningsong said:

Who snitched?

The elite leaker [NFT] mentioned 2 people he was particularly pissed off at in one of the leaks meta data, and now those same two people were just contacted by a lawyer representing the Prince estate, so I'm gonna say it's pretty obvious that [NFT] is the snitch.

[Edited 7/22/17 1:27am]

Aww, poor NFT and the decreased vlaue of their precious.

Just put everything out there and Eye can't put out any more 'exclusives'

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/22/17 4:17am

FunkyStrange

avatar

airth said:

I think in this case, they're going after someone who has been actively promoting the sale of the EYE boot. But definitely good advice to be careful; I've been in groups that have got shut down in the past.



If his name starts with L and ends with E than about damn time smile
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/22/17 4:23am

airth

avatar

FunkyStrange said:

airth said:

I think in this case, they're going after someone who has been actively promoting the sale of the EYE boot. But definitely good advice to be careful; I've been in groups that have got shut down in the past.

If his name starts with L and ends with E than about damn time smile


You must mean Lionel Richie, right? I can just imagine him peddling Prince boots.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/22/17 4:31am

NouveauDance

avatar

They're not coming after people just downloading links from the interwebs, no one has to be careful.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/22/17 4:44am

rogifan

avatar

BlueShakooo said:

It's not surprising at all that they don't want bootlegs to be sold openly.
And when it comes to YouTube-Videos: We all know that those who upload something like Prince's Superbowl-performance surely make some money, too.
So it's understandable that they'll be deleting the "big things".

We can only hope that they will make a difference between devoted fans who share some hard2get-stuff and those who want to make some money.

The stuff I’ve seen removed from YouTube are cell phone videos from concerts. Not long videos either. And with YouTube when a video is removed you have no way of knowing what video it was, the only information you get is it was deleted and who requested it.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/22/17 5:46am

laurarichardso
n

Lovejunky said:

I wouldnt be too worried...The Estate is going to exhaust their Funds trying to do this.....



As soon as they remove one video three more of the same pop up...






THey dont understand WHY Prince kept his stuff off You tube THEN


and that now he wouldnt mind....



Good Luck to them...But if they think they can Hold Back the Purple Reign...they are mistaken...








They will not exhust their funds. I suspect contacting YouTube to take stuff down is not a million dollar cost. Prince used Web Sheriff for years Realize this is what UMG is suppose to be doing as the admin and the rumor is this one of the things they were not doing when they were the admin before.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/22/17 6:22am

MoBettaBliss

*grabs laptop and headphones... hides under the bed*

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/22/17 6:50am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

FunkyStrange said:

airth said:

I think in this case, they're going after someone who has been actively promoting the sale of the EYE boot. But definitely good advice to be careful; I've been in groups that have got shut down in the past.

If his name starts with L and ends with E than about damn time smile


Just a matter of time lol

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/22/17 7:45am

monkeytennis

The estate could do the same thing that Frank Zappa did with his 'Beat the boots' series.
He took all the bootleggers material, then released it himself. Essentially bootlegging the bootleggers.
Grits and gravy, cheese eggs and jam...
Butterscotch clouds, a tangerine and a side order of ham.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/22/17 8:17am

PURPLEMAN31217
77

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Just when you thought it was safe....


wink good one
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/22/17 9:01am

TrivialPursuit

In reality, they'll never stop YouTube videos, and they'll never stop leaks coming out. Prince couldn't (or didn't care too much), and the estate will do no better. If any of them have ever been on this end of things, or are a fan in the way we're fans, they know what to find in the vault, what to digitize, clean up (keep Welton away from all of it) and what to put out in as best of quality as possible.

Go ahead estate - I dare you. Clean up our collections of 3rd and 4th generation bootlegs. Give us a reason, every year like Prince did, to buy as-yet-unreleased music from the annals of Prince's mind and vault.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/22/17 9:29am

darkroman

TrivialPursuit said:

In reality, they'll never stop YouTube videos, and they'll never stop leaks coming out. Prince couldn't (or didn't care too much), and the estate will do no better. If any of them have ever been on this end of things, or are a fan in the way we're fans, they know what to find in the vault, what to digitize, clean up (keep Welton away from all of it) and what to put out in as best of quality as possible.

Go ahead estate - I dare you. Clean up our collections of 3rd and 4th generation bootlegs. Give us a reason, every year like Prince did, to buy as-yet-unreleased music from the annals of Prince's mind and vault.


Exactly!

If this stuff was for sale then people would buy it!


lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/22/17 9:33am

darkroman

The fact that this forum is open makes it easy for anyone using Google to find references to leaks and boots.

This forum should be locked down with additional 'no bot' tags added.

There is no point drawing attention to such things - let the estate waste their time chasing YouTube users.


smile

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/22/17 9:46am

heymistermusic

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

TheVaultKeeper said:

The elite leaker [NFT] mentioned 2 people he was particularly pissed off at in one of the leaks meta data, and now those same two people were just contacted by a lawyer representing the Prince estate, so I'm gonna say it's pretty obvious that [NFT] is the snitch.

[Edited 7/22/17 1:27am]

Aww, poor NFT and the decreased vlaue of their precious.

Just put everything out there and Eye can't put out any more 'exclusives'

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/22/17 9:50am

NouveauDance

avatar

monkeytennis said:

The estate could do the same thing that Frank Zappa did with his 'Beat the boots' series. He took all the bootleggers material, then released it himself. Essentially bootlegging the bootleggers.

Prince tried that with Crystal Ball, it was a train wreck.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > BE CAREFUL: THE ESTATE IS COMING AFTER PEOPLE