independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 21st Sep 2018 7:16am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > A Thank You to the leaker(s)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/19/17 11:08am

smokeverbs

avatar

A Thank You to the leaker(s)

NO ASKING FOR LEAKS IN ANY VARIATION. THE RULES OF THE ORG APPLY:

NO TROLL THREADS! NO SOLICITING FOR BOOTLEGS! Discussion is fine, so long as the bootleg is not being promoted e.g. pre-release; requests/offers to share or copy, and links to download or bootleg sites are not. Posting Prince and associated artist videos from sites such as YouTube is also not allowed. Posts of this nature will be deleted and repeat offenders will be first warned, and then banned. Troll threads, fake tracklists, and attention seeking rumor threads will be also be swiftly dealt with. These rules are strictly enforced! - luv4u

*****************

Putting the politics and behind the scenes drama of the upcoming BFTP releases aside for a moment, I'd just like to say Thank You to the folk(s) responsible for freeing all of these tracks over the last week, as well as specifically to Bluegangsta, who's been quick to alert all of us here as each cut has been made available. A lot of the discussion here quickly evolves into analysis of the source tapes, and I think we come off as ungrateful at times. I'll dissect a track all night if necessary, but I want to say that ANY leaked studio outtakes, or upgrades to previously heard stuff, etc is Really Appreciated. As someone who's collected boots since the late '80s, it's been a hell of a ride, from the days of "Chocolate Box" and "Charade" up till now. And while a lot of tracks are already known to those of us who are more connected than the average fan here, it's always exciting to me to see someone hear a joint for their first time, or to see Holy Grail recordings start to circulate more generally. And even for myself, a cat who's not THAT plugged in (I know what back alleys to go down when a leak happens, but I don't have any uncirculated material in my pocket), it's such a trip to finally get to hear things that I've only read about in Uptown Magazine, Per Nilsen's books, and Princevault. I just think that the message gets lost sometimes amongst the complaining that, for example that certain tracks are Mono. (And hey, for the record, I don't like that either, but whatareyougonnado?).

Prince-mas in July for real. Once again it's on. Cheers to the tapeholders who stepped up to stick it to Eye and hook us up with that dope for free. That's all.

Edit, side thought: That bullshit about "3 Nigs Watching A Kung Fu Movie" yesterday made me realize that we're pretty close to being able to construct a version of Crystal Ball II, lacking only things like the aforementioned "3 Nigs", the "Never B4 Released" extended version of "Kiss", "American Jam", and a couple others. That's Cool.

[Edited 7/19/17 11:15am]

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/19/17 11:18am

BlueShakooo

Well said!
Merry Princemas, everybody.
And big thanks to the leakers.
And Eye-Records. wink
"Don't get too serious, it's just a dream."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/19/17 11:28am

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Yup big thanks to all

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/19/17 11:28am

7teenz

avatar

I concur. Thank you. My gratitude has no bounds.
IF LOVE WAS A DRUG WOULD YOU OVERDOSE?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/19/17 11:34am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

clapping I absolutely agree and I am quite grateful to everyone involved, as well. clapping

"Too bad for Hell...too good to let Heaven raise him."

He's Mine!
[youtube] https://youtu.be/zJhadIvu9QA [/youtube]

Always has been...always will be!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/19/17 11:40am

MIRvmn

Thank u leakers cool
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/19/17 11:57am

Doozer

avatar

bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/19/17 11:57am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

Co-sign.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/19/17 12:16pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Wholeheartedly agree. Thanks to all who have put stuff out there.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/19/17 12:22pm

thx185

avatar

Absolutely agreed. Huge thanks to everyone involved. biggrin bow bow bow

"..free to change your mind"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/19/17 12:55pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

smokeverbs said:

Putting the politics and behind the scenes drama of the upcoming BFTP releases aside for a moment, I'd just like to say Thank You to the folk(s) responsible for freeing all of these tracks over the last week, as well as specifically to Bluegangsta, who's been quick to alert all of us here as each cut has been made available. A lot of the discussion here quickly evolves into analysis of the source tapes, and I think we come off as ungrateful at times. I'll dissect a track all night if necessary, but I want to say that ANY leaked studio outtakes, or upgrades to previously heard stuff, etc is Really Appreciated. As someone who's collected boots since the late '80s, it's been a hell of a ride, from the days of "Chocolate Box" and "Charade" up till now. And while a lot of tracks are already known to those of us who are more connected than the average fan here, it's always exciting to me to see someone hear a joint for their first time, or to see Holy Grail recordings start to circulate more generally. And even for myself, a cat who's not THAT plugged in (I know what back alleys to go down when a leak happens, but I don't have any uncirculated material in my pocket), it's such a trip to finally get to hear things that I've only read about in Uptown Magazine, Per Nilsen's books, and Princevault. I just think that the message gets lost sometimes amongst the complaining that, for example that certain tracks are Mono. (And hey, for the record, I don't like that either, but whatareyougonnado?).

Prince-mas in July for real. Once again it's on. Cheers to the tapeholders who stepped up to stick it to Eye and hook us up with that dope for free. That's all.

Edit, side thought: That bullshit about "3 Nigs Watching A Kung Fu Movie" yesterday made me realize that we're pretty close to being able to construct a version of Crystal Ball II, lacking only things like the aforementioned "3 Nigs", the "Never B4 Released" extended version of "Kiss", "American Jam", and a couple others. That's Cool.

[Edited 7/19/17 11:15am]


yeahthat Thanks to Prince, the leakers and the linkers. The mo' funk, the better! music

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/19/17 1:01pm

206Michelle

Yes, thank you!

.

It sounds like some of these leaks are "out there" on the web for the first time, and I'm a bit confused as to how people are getting their hands on these tracks, but thank you.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/19/17 1:05pm

djdaffy1227

avatar

Ditto! I bought my first boot in 1987. I have my fair share of boots but no uncirculating stuff so I feel I am in the exact spot the original poster is on this. Thank you! The last week or so has been fun!

EDIT:

I'm even thankful for the estate, as much as Prince fans complained about disc 2 of the deluxe Purple Rain, I thought it was GREAT!

[Edited 7/19/17 13:07pm]

Making love and music are the only things worth fighting for.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/19/17 1:09pm

IstenSzek

avatar

oh yes nod

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/19/17 1:14pm

sulls

avatar

Yes! Thank you very, very much! CHEERS!!!
"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/19/17 1:14pm

rdhull

avatar

Word up. In the tragedy that is ongoing youve made us all feel somewhat giddy again. Not just any material but the material that made us die-hards anot not casual fans. Drinks are on me whenever , if ever, you show yourselves.

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/19/17 2:25pm

smokeverbs

avatar

rdhull said:

Word up. In the tragedy that is ongoing youve made us all feel somewhat giddy again. Not just any material but the material that made us die-hards anot not casual fans. Drinks are on me whenever , if ever, you show yourselves.

THIS TOO.

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/19/17 2:28pm

love2thenines2
003

Great thank u 2 the leakers.....u are almost perfect but if u want to be 100% perfect....u need 2 leak another song 》 1983 version of She's always in my hair is missing. ....so please. ..leak the song !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/19/17 2:34pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

+1

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/19/17 3:30pm

peedub

avatar

word up. thank you! it's like being a prince fan again!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/19/17 3:31pm

JohnShaft

avatar

Three cheers and a raising of the glass to all that were involved with the Prince-mas (sorry, I know that's terrible but I just couldn't resist) in July! I'm sure plenty of feathers were ruffled and a big noise made in the back room about the release of these gems but, in the end, we're all fans and it's the music that matters. Thank you again to all of you! Cheers! smile

Who's the private d*ck that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
Who's the man that would risk his neck for his brother man?
Who's the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?
John Shaft ... Damn Right!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/19/17 3:34pm

TonyWilliams

avatar

bravo! well said.

Love...thy will b done
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/19/17 4:08pm

2020

avatar

Here! Here!

And Prince-mas in July smile Thats a good one and so true. How lucky r we?

The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/19/17 4:18pm

sonshine

avatar

:yeahthat:

Merci, grazie, and danke!!!

Finally something uplifting on the org. Finally its about the MUSIC!!!!!
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/19/17 4:34pm

Freek99999

from me also, thanks a huge lot for all the leaks, and all the energy needed to get this music to us fans. really grateful!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/19/17 4:54pm

Musze

avatar

Eternal thanks!

I Love U, But I Don't Trust U Anymore...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/20/17 12:40am

Rebeljuice

It is great to be able to get excited about the music again after a pretty horrible year or so. With the estate in the state it is in, there no prospect of any releases from there for a long while. And WB probably have another 5 greatest hits packages planned for the next decade, so hearing unheard music for the forseeable future is a slim prospect. Leaks like these is all we have. Thank you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/20/17 12:55am

Lovejunky

avatar

smokeverbs said:

Putting the politics and behind the scenes drama of the upcoming BFTP releases aside for a moment, I'd just like to say Thank You to the folk(s) responsible for freeing all of these tracks over the last week, as well as specifically to Bluegangsta, who's been quick to alert all of us here as each cut has been made available. A lot of the discussion here quickly evolves into analysis of the source tapes, and I think we come off as ungrateful at times. I'll dissect a track all night if necessary, but I want to say that ANY leaked studio outtakes, or upgrades to previously heard stuff, etc is Really Appreciated. As someone who's collected boots since the late '80s, it's been a hell of a ride, from the days of "Chocolate Box" and "Charade" up till now. And while a lot of tracks are already known to those of us who are more connected than the average fan here, it's always exciting to me to see someone hear a joint for their first time, or to see Holy Grail recordings start to circulate more generally. And even for myself, a cat who's not THAT plugged in (I know what back alleys to go down when a leak happens, but I don't have any uncirculated material in my pocket), it's such a trip to finally get to hear things that I've only read about in Uptown Magazine, Per Nilsen's books, and Princevault. I just think that the message gets lost sometimes amongst the complaining that, for example that certain tracks are Mono. (And hey, for the record, I don't like that either, but whatareyougonnado?).

Prince-mas in July for real. Once again it's on. Cheers to the tapeholders who stepped up to stick it to Eye and hook us up with that dope for free. That's all.

Edit, side thought: That bullshit about "3 Nigs Watching A Kung Fu Movie" yesterday made me realize that we're pretty close to being able to construct a version of Crystal Ball II, lacking only things like the aforementioned "3 Nigs", the "Never B4 Released" extended version of "Kiss", "American Jam", and a couple others. That's Cool.

[Edited 7/19/17 11:15am]

I am also very grateful..

and Pardon my Ignorance....

BUT

What is the difference between a BOOTLEG and a LEAK ?

Where do these copies originate from ?

How did people get their hands on them?

I have asked a couple of people these questions now..

and no one seems to be able to give a proper explanation..

Anybody ????????????????????????????????????

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/20/17 1:04am

smokeverbs

avatar

A bootleg generally means a pressed CD. When we speak of leaks, that's stuff that's circulating online for download - mp3, Flac if we're lucky. Can't talk about where to find leaked material here. Google is your friend.

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/20/17 1:10am

Lovejunky

avatar

smokeverbs said:

A bootleg generally means a pressed CD. When we speak of leaks, that's stuff that's circulating online for download - mp3, Flac if we're lucky. Can't talk about where to find leaked material here. Google is your friend.

Thanks That answers one of the questions..

BUT WHERE do the leaks come from ? WHo got their hands on them in the first place.

DId some one in Princes Inner Circle technicaly STEAL something that was not intended to be released...?

Dont need google...have enough Friends who make sure they share anything new with me..but thanks..

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > A Thank You to the leaker(s)