independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 20th Jul 2017 3:47pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PURPLE RAIN DELUXE SALES/CHART UPDATES
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 07/13/17 3:36am

RODSERLING

http://www.mediatraffic.de/

Strange that MEDIATRAFFIC didn't report the sales of Purple Rain, whereas they report sales for other albums with only 7000 copies...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 07/13/17 7:43am

laurarichardso
n

RODSERLING said:

linus4000 said:

People here think the casual PR owner (20 million in the world ) wants to buy a deluxe version?

No, this is only for the hardcore fan or die hard Purple Rain Fan and many of them did buy the new set...

many fans here didn't buy and don't want to buy it. If even the fans don't buy it, hoiw could they sell 1999 or SOTT ? That's impossible.

.

The vault won't be open before years, and meanwhile the physical market would be more of a niche.

It will not take years to open the vault. Also remember WB has their own vault and they are going to try and make as much money as they can off this deal. At the cheapest that can just stream the material.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #242 posted 07/14/17 3:47pm

twinnies

avatar

Do you think a Prince song from the vault will ever be released as a single or an entire album of music from the vault? Do you think that will ever happen? It would be nice to see new Prince music climbing the charts and a brand new album to buy.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #243 posted 07/17/17 12:52am

RODSERLING

laurarichardson said:

RODSERLING said:

many fans here didn't buy and don't want to buy it. If even the fans don't buy it, hoiw could they sell 1999 or SOTT ? That's impossible.

.

The vault won't be open before years, and meanwhile the physical market would be more of a niche.

It will not take years to open the vault. Also remember WB has their own vault and they are going to try and make as much money as they can off this deal. At the cheapest that can just stream the material.

WB can't release their own vault without the estate's agreement. And the estate doesn't want it.

Moreover, the WB vault is heavily criticized because these are not the master tapes, so the songs sounds deteriorated.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #244 posted 07/17/17 4:30am

laurarichardso
n

RODSERLING said:

laurarichardson said:

It will not take years to open the vault. Also remember WB has their own vault and they are going to try and make as much money as they can off this deal. At the cheapest that can just stream the material.

WB can't release their own vault without the estate's agreement. And the estate doesn't want it.

Moreover, the WB vault is heavily criticized because these are not the master tapes, so the songs sounds deteriorated.

The estate agreed to let WB go into for vault for this project and in the court, papers an amendment has been made to the 2014 agreement. We should not assume that future projects will not have WB vault material.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #245 posted 07/17/17 6:31am

RODSERLING

laurarichardson said:

RODSERLING said:

WB can't release their own vault without the estate's agreement. And the estate doesn't want it.

Moreover, the WB vault is heavily criticized because these are not the master tapes, so the songs sounds deteriorated.

The estate agreed to let WB go into for vault for this project and in the court, papers an amendment has been made to the 2014 agreement. We should not assume that future projects will not have WB vault material.

You're maybe not aware of it, but as of now, the vault is still not open. WB did only with what they have (though Prince surely gave them Father's song and Electric Intercourse in 2014).

.

Considering the fact that the estate prevented WB to release more material n PR deluxe, that they sold the 1st avenue rights to another contractor, and that PR deluxe is a commercial failure selling barely 4000 ex in its 3rd week in the USA, I highly doubt therewill be more in the near future.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #246 posted 07/17/17 7:18am

PURPLEIZED3121

it's clearly a long term seller & will be a great catalogue album for years to come. Initial sales are by & larger irrelevant to the bigger picture.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #247 posted 07/17/17 9:54am

laurarichardso
n

RODSERLING said:

laurarichardson said:

The estate agreed to let WB go into for vault for this project and in the court, papers an amendment has been made to the 2014 agreement. We should not assume that future projects will not have WB vault material.

You're maybe not aware of it, but as of now, the vault is still not open. WB did only with what they have (though Prince surely gave them Father's song and Electric Intercourse in 2014).

.

Considering the fact that the estate prevented WB to release more material n PR deluxe, that they sold the 1st avenue rights to another contractor, and that PR deluxe is a commercial failure selling barely 4000 ex in its 3rd week in the USA, I highly doubt therewill be more in the near future.

I know the Prince's vault is not open but there was an admendment to the contract to allow WB to release what they had in their vault. If the estate allowed it once they will do it again especially while they look for another company to handle the post WB material. They have to find a way to keep revenue coming in.

In addtion, WB is going to get some revenue out of the 2014 agreement. If they plan to spend nothing to promote these projects then it is a finacial win for them.

Someone will put this stuff out. You keep acting as if this is the 80s No one is selling 10 milllion units of anything anymore unless it is a catalogue item.

Streaming the bulk of the material would be the least expensive manner of getting it out.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #248 posted 07/20/17 2:24am

RODSERLING

Best selling physical albums in 2017 the US in the 3rd week of PR deluxe (including more than 40k of the original edition) :

.

23 - 201,000 - SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND - Beatles ( 5,004,000 )

53 - 108,000 - PURPLE RAIN - Prince & the Revolution ( 3,677,000 )

77 - 85,000 - THE JOSHUA TREE - U2 ( 3,734,000 )

87 - 79,000 - 4EVER - Prince ( 146,000 )

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #249 posted 07/20/17 2:41am

RODSERLING

laurarichardson said:

RODSERLING said:

You're maybe not aware of it, but as of now, the vault is still not open. WB did only with what they have (though Prince surely gave them Father's song and Electric Intercourse in 2014).

.

Considering the fact that the estate prevented WB to release more material n PR deluxe, that they sold the 1st avenue rights to another contractor, and that PR deluxe is a commercial failure selling barely 4000 ex in its 3rd week in the USA, I highly doubt therewill be more in the near future.

I know the Prince's vault is not open but there was an admendment to the contract to allow WB to release what they had in their vault. If the estate allowed it once they will do it again especially while they look for another company to handle the post WB material. They have to find a way to keep revenue coming in.

In addtion, WB is going to get some revenue out of the 2014 agreement. If they plan to spend nothing to promote these projects then it is a finacial win for them.

Someone will put this stuff out. You keep acting as if this is the 80s No one is selling 10 milllion units of anything anymore unless it is a catalogue item.

Streaming the bulk of the material would be the least expensive manner of getting it out.

Every signs point out WB won't release anything else : low sales, contractual complications, complaints from the fan, not even a press communicate of WB saying they are happy with the sales.

.

The estate will always prevent WB to release interesting stuff that will sell, such as the 1st avenue live in PR deluxe. That means there won't even be a dvd live for 1999, as it wasn't officially released at the time, unlike the live at Syracuse.

.

If you were right, 1999 and SOTT deluxe would have already been announced by now, for respectively a september and december release, for instance, celebrating their 35th and 30th anniversary.

It would have helped to create some kind of hype that will have benefited to PR deluxe's sales.

.

And then, we could imagine that in 2018, they would re-release FOR YOU, celebrating the 40th anniversary of Prince's carreer, with a documentary about how he signed with WB, the unreleased stuff, etc.

And later the re-release of LOVESEXY, celebrating its 30 th anniversary with a HD live. etc.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #250 posted 07/20/17 3:52am

Adorecream

avatar

NZ - In at one week at #29, propmptly dropped out of Top 40 on July 3rd. Number one album is Divide by Ed Sheeran, and near the top is someone called DJ Khaled.

.

Music buyers here are 14 year old mouthbreeders, mostly 14 year old Pacific Islanders and wanna be wiggers listening to machine pumped junk like bieber, Arianna Grandy, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Drake, DJ Khaled. They have no musical taste and no brains. The worst song I saw is called Swalla by Nicki Minaj and some other shit hopper and it shows some big lips with semen dropping over them.

.

10 more generations and we will all be chimps again. Thank God I will be dead by then.

Where I come from, we don't give a damn, we do whatever we please!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #251 posted 07/20/17 6:25am

Linda1974

avatar

Adorecream said:

NZ - In at one week at #29, propmptly dropped out of Top 40 on July 3rd. Number one album is Divide by Ed Sheeran, and near the top is someone called DJ Khaled.

.

Music buyers here are 14 year old mouthbreeders, mostly 14 year old Pacific Islanders and wanna be wiggers listening to machine pumped junk like bieber, Arianna Grandy, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Drake, DJ Khaled. They have no musical taste and no brains. The worst song I saw is called Swalla by Nicki Minaj and some other shit hopper and it shows some big lips with semen dropping over them.

.

10 more generations and we will all be chimps again. Thank God I will be dead by then.

lol lol lol LOL....

The Music isn't getting better neutral Listen to the 70's and 80's music heart

How the hell did we end up with al those shitty entertainers and crappy songs mad

.

On Topic: The Dutch people are loyal to Prince PR:

.

1st week: 3

2d week: 14

3d week: 40

Forever in My Life....
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #252 posted 07/20/17 7:02am

RODSERLING

Linda1974 said:

Adorecream said:

NZ - In at one week at #29, propmptly dropped out of Top 40 on July 3rd. Number one album is Divide by Ed Sheeran, and near the top is someone called DJ Khaled.

.

Music buyers here are 14 year old mouthbreeders, mostly 14 year old Pacific Islanders and wanna be wiggers listening to machine pumped junk like bieber, Arianna Grandy, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Drake, DJ Khaled. They have no musical taste and no brains. The worst song I saw is called Swalla by Nicki Minaj and some other shit hopper and it shows some big lips with semen dropping over them.

.

10 more generations and we will all be chimps again. Thank God I will be dead by then.

lol lol lol LOL....

The Music isn't getting better neutral Listen to the 70's and 80's music heart

How the hell did we end up with al those shitty entertainers and crappy songs mad

.

On Topic: The Dutch people are loyal to Prince PR:

.

1st week: 3

2d week: 14

3d week: 40

This is of course by far the best chartrun of Deluxe, but nevertheless these are not really incredible numbers...

Let's hope the 1st avenue release will get more people into Purple Rain in the next few months. How ironic it would be.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PURPLE RAIN DELUXE SALES/CHART UPDATES