independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 21st May 2019 12:42pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > My Purple Rain copy is here
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 12 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 06/20/17 4:59am

Dilan

Has it leaked?

I'm feeling a bit fammy™
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 06/20/17 5:13am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Dilan said:

Has it leaked?


If people are getting it, it'll leak.

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 06/20/17 5:43am

mediumdry

packaging seems ok, but it such a shame that this isn't the label:

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 06/20/17 6:13am

lyricsdaddy

avatar

FragileUndertow said:



lyricsdaddy said:


Silvertongue7 said:
What about Possessed? Is it the widely circulating version or a different one?

Unfortunately, can't give a qualified answer to that. Don't think I ever had a good enough boot of that one to say that I listened to it much. Here it sounds great

there is 2 versions which are musicly diffrent


1 instrumental, 1 vocal




now what we are wondering is it a volcal version with the instrumental music




but in short can u tell us if


its the instrumeltal? or a vocal version lol



Well, it's definitely with vocals. I can say that for sure.
If I want your opinion, I'll beat it outta ya!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 06/20/17 6:14am

feeluupp

avatar

MattyJam said:

It's a bit weird how they keep repeating the same photo from WDC in the booklet.

It's a shame, Matthew said there wouldbe some visual surprises in the booklet, it seems there aren't really any "new" photos besides that one photo from the WDC video set which leaked out already a few months ago...

Was hoping they would include more unseen photos from the film as well...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 06/20/17 6:14am

lyricsdaddy

avatar

fabriziovenerandi said:

Thank you for your message.


A question: in single pre-release I feel the "Our Destiny" sound quality not good. There are other songs with same sound quality?



Thank you


I think they sound much better directly on the CD here.
If I want your opinion, I'll beat it outta ya!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 06/20/17 6:56am

IstenSzek

avatar

lyricsdaddy said:

IstenSzek said:

in what way is 'katrina' out of place?

Well, I guess it definitely sounds of the era. Just not as creatively 'up to par'maybe. But this is all on first run through. May change my opinion quickly, usually happens after really analyzing [Edited 6/19/17 22:46pm]


i know what you mean. that's typical with prince stuff. sometimes the first impression is 'meh'
and a few spins later it's like 'this is the best thing EVER!!' biggrin

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 06/20/17 7:14am

Ramzoo

avatar

mediumdry said:

packaging seems ok, but it such a shame that this isn't the label:

Woaw beautiful & different from EU release. Glad that I ordered as well the Japanese version (as all my collection).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 06/20/17 7:30am

sulls

avatar

WHY didn't I pre-order?! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 06/20/17 7:46am

Loefie

avatar

Thanks for the clip!!! Ever since the announcement I was curious about the packaging. It looks great, but I am still a bit disappointed by the fact it is just a folded cardboard pack. An album like this, by an artist like Prince deserved something more..... as far as I am concerned that is. Still I cannot wait to pick it up at the record store this friday!!!

Enjoy and thanks again!!!!!
Produced, Arranged, Composed & Performed by PRINCE


"Rotterdam, we come to jam!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 06/20/17 8:18am

Silvertongue7

Loefie said:

Thanks for the clip!!! Ever since the announcement I was curious about the packaging. It looks great, but I am still a bit disappointed by the fact it is just a folded cardboard pack. An album like this, by an artist like Prince deserved something more..... as far as I am concerned that is. Still I cannot wait to pick it up at the record store this friday!!!

Enjoy and thanks again!!!!!

Judging from the video it looks very beautiful, it just doesn't look like the definite Purple Rain release. Maybe when the estate get themselves sorted...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 06/20/17 8:22am

Genesia

avatar

I thought I was doing the right thing by ordering from the official site. I'll probably get mine last. rolleyes

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 06/20/17 8:23am

Marco81

Has anyone else received it yet?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 06/20/17 8:25am

Tangerine17

feeluupp said:



MattyJam said:


It's a bit weird how they keep repeating the same photo from WDC in the booklet.




It's a shame, Matthew said there wouldbe some visual surprises in the booklet, it seems there aren't really any "new" photos besides that one photo from the WDC video set which leaked out already a few months ago...



Was hoping they would include more unseen photos from the film as well...



Hi. There are 9 never before seen photos from the When Doves Cry shoot. To me that was a big deal when I scanned them. I get that it's a bit repetitive to some people but it's not the same photo over and over as someone suggested.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 06/20/17 8:32am

rdhull

avatar

Genesia said:

I thought I was doing the right thing by ordering from the official site. I'll probably get mine last. rolleyes

Im going to go to a brick n mortar so there's that lol

lol it aint the estates fault you all devoured bootlegs and heard everything
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 06/20/17 8:40am

purplerabbitho
le

How does Dance Electric sound?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 06/20/17 9:06am

Genesia

avatar

rdhull said:

Genesia said:

I thought I was doing the right thing by ordering from the official site. I'll probably get mine last. rolleyes

Im going to go to a brick n mortar so there's that lol


Are you going to ride your bike to the wrecka stow and pedal back home as fast as you can with the CD in a bag, banging against the handle bars?

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 06/20/17 9:08am

rdhull

avatar

Genesia said:

rdhull said:

Im going to go to a brick n mortar so there's that lol


Are you going to ride your bike to the wrecka stow and pedal back home as fast as you can with the CD in a bag, banging against the handle bars?

lol in essence thats basically it only updated lol....with middle aged in-betweens

lol it aint the estates fault you all devoured bootlegs and heard everything
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 06/20/17 9:13am

paisleypark4

avatar

I pre ordred with Electric Fetus but obs they have to wait until it comes there.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 06/20/17 9:19am

rdhull

avatar

paisleypark4 said:

I pre ordred with Electric Fetus but obs they have to wait until it comes there.

you live in MN?

lol it aint the estates fault you all devoured bootlegs and heard everything
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 06/20/17 9:43am

Silvertongue7

Genesia said:

I thought I was doing the right thing by ordering from the official site. I'll probably get mine last. rolleyes


In the Spanish forum I read they were saying that Amazon Spain is going to deliver it on the 29th...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 06/20/17 9:55am

feeluupp

avatar

Tangerine17 said:

feeluupp said:

It's a shame, Matthew said there wouldbe some visual surprises in the booklet, it seems there aren't really any "new" photos besides that one photo from the WDC video set which leaked out already a few months ago...

Was hoping they would include more unseen photos from the film as well...

Hi. There are 9 never before seen photos from the When Doves Cry shoot. To me that was a big deal when I scanned them. I get that it's a bit repetitive to some people but it's not the same photo over and over as someone suggested.

We appreciate it don't get me wrong... Just know there is so much other unreleased pics from the Purple Rain era and film, wish we didn't have all 9 just from one shoot. But anyway thanks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 06/20/17 10:05am

Silvertongue7

Tangerine17 said:

feeluupp said:



MattyJam said:


It's a bit weird how they keep repeating the same photo from WDC in the booklet.




It's a shame, Matthew said there wouldbe some visual surprises in the booklet, it seems there aren't really any "new" photos besides that one photo from the WDC video set which leaked out already a few months ago...



Was hoping they would include more unseen photos from the film as well...



Hi. There are 9 never before seen photos from the When Doves Cry shoot. To me that was a big deal when I scanned them. I get that it's a bit repetitive to some people but it's not the same photo over and over as someone suggested.

I haven't got my copy yet, but judging from the video the booklet looks fantastic. And so does the silver effect. Whatever your involvement, well done, sir...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 06/20/17 10:10am

antonb

YES, had a email saying it has been despatched. So maybe tomorrow I will have it in my hands. I was having Friday off to listen to the whole thing.Might still wait till Friday to open it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 06/20/17 10:21am

ThirdStrike

avatar

antonb said:

YES, had a email saying it has been despatched. So maybe tomorrow I will have it in my hands. I was having Friday off to listen to the whole thing.Might still wait till Friday to open it.

From what retailer? I pre-ordfered mine from Amazon and haven't got any emails yet advising it's been dispatched (which, I'm told, is when it could show up in your library via the AutoRip feature).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 06/20/17 10:33am

antonb

H.M.V from england
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 06/20/17 10:46am

mikeyaddict

avatar

antonb said:

H.M.V from england



Yeah. They emailed me today. Hope it comes before I head to work! But if it does and I put the DVD in will I even make it out of the door.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 06/20/17 10:50am

ThirdStrike

avatar

No leak yet? Strange since it's been in circulation for some for a bit now...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 06/20/17 10:55am

Tangerine17

feeluupp said:



Tangerine17 said:


feeluupp said:



It's a shame, Matthew said there wouldbe some visual surprises in the booklet, it seems there aren't really any "new" photos besides that one photo from the WDC video set which leaked out already a few months ago...



Was hoping they would include more unseen photos from the film as well...



Hi. There are 9 never before seen photos from the When Doves Cry shoot. To me that was a big deal when I scanned them. I get that it's a bit repetitive to some people but it's not the same photo over and over as someone suggested.


We appreciate it don't get me wrong... Just know there is so much other unreleased pics from the Purple Rain era and film, wish we didn't have all 9 just from one shoot. But anyway thanks.



I totally understand but I am saving some real treasures for another project. Just wait. We couldn't just give it all up at once.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 06/20/17 11:01am

laurarichardso
n

Tangerine17 said:

feeluupp said:

We appreciate it don't get me wrong... Just know there is so much other unreleased pics from the Purple Rain era and film, wish we didn't have all 9 just from one shoot. But anyway thanks.

I totally understand but I am saving some real treasures for another project. Just wait. We couldn't just give it all up at once.

eek Lord. We will get PR pics in the 1999 remaster makes perfect sense.

[Edited 6/20/17 11:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 12 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > My Purple Rain copy is here