independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 21st Jul 2017 9:55pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince4Everyone 'June' Campaign
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/31/17 3:06pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

Prince4Everyone 'June' Campaign

**Edit: This campaign is now going ahead. If you wish to take part, all you have to do is download the song 'June' between June 1st - 14th from the official music outlets (SEE DOWNLOAD LINKS FURTHER DOWN).**

Original post:

Is anyone up for a 'June' campaign?

If so, please click like/love & share!

And if enough of us are willing, we will then get going with our new purple campaign!!! 💜💜💜

Note: This campaign is based on downloading/streaming the song 'June' from the album HITNRUN Phase One between 1-14 June 2017. Should the sales for this song go up, it might start appearing in the charts of your respective countries or could simply draw the general public's attention towards the song and corresponding album. In any case, it is a good opportunity for the fans to unite and celebrate Prince's memory whilst honoring his legacy. And just like Prince did, our campaigns bring people together, which in itself is a positive and valuable outcome!

Please like our page if you haven't already so you can get regular updates.

Thank you for your support!

Prince4Everyone 💜

💜💜💜

Here are the *LINKS* to download 'June' by Prince, from the album HITNRUN Phase One, and in support of the campaign below. And don't forget you can also purchase the album at the good ol' wrecka stow! 💜

HMVDigital.com - https://www.hmvdigital.co...es/4746408
7Digital.com - https://goo.gl/6BH14X

Amazon UK - https://goo.gl/yzdOdl
iTunes UK - https://goo.gl/r5NCGT

Amazon US - https://goo.gl/dlEXwC
iTunes US - https://goo.gl/NaoZ8k

Amazon FR - https://goo.gl/W6PfXD
iTunes FR - https://goo.gl/X1ZiRV

Streaming is currently available on Tidal only, due to ongoing music rights issues with Universal Music: https://listen.tidal.com/album/50767183

If you have any questions, please ask in a comment box below.

Happy downloading everyone!!!
[Edited 6/5/17 0:18am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/31/17 7:40pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

I think there may be a slight problem here.



Is "June" even generally available on streaming services right now? Just checked Spotify and HITNRUN ain't there. It's on my personal Google Play Music cloud but not their database. iTunes appear to have it though.

It's all tied up with the Universal Music deal which went to court yesterday to get cancelled completely.

Right now, all of the post-96 music rights are completely up in the air.




 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/31/17 10:47pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

Thank you for the update militant. I don't have much time right now but I will have a look into it later this morning. We might still be able to continue with the campaign but we will have to amend our post to guide people towards the right online stores.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/01/17 2:05am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Militant said:

I think there may be a slight problem here.



Is "June" even generally available on streaming services right now? Just checked Spotify and HITNRUN ain't there. It's on my personal Google Play Music cloud but not their database. iTunes appear to have it though.

It's all tied up with the Universal Music deal which went to court yesterday to get cancelled completely.

Right now, all of the post-96 music rights are completely up in the air.





As far as I can see, the song is still available for streaming on Tidal and for download on Amazon and iTunes, which are the main places where people will go to. As long as this availability stands between June 1st - 14th, then the campaign should not be affected by the ongoing issues with the Universal deal.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/01/17 2:06am

McD

avatar

I'd just kill the idea, frankly. It's a bad one.

Not only have you not even considered the song availability before outlining your plan, your consideration of the song June as a celebration of Prince seems like a bullet fired right at one's own metatarsals.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/01/17 2:35am

CherryMoon57

avatar

McD said:

I'd just kill the idea, frankly. It's a bad one. Not only have you not even considered the song availability before outlining your plan, your consideration of the song June as a celebration of Prince seems like a bullet fired right at one's own metatarsals.



I can assure you that I have and what militant has pointed out is a fairly recent possible change which is not yet affecting the stores availability for Prince's music any differently than it always was.

Despite all the intricacies of Prince's music distribution deals, and as mentioned in my above response, this song is currently still available from most oulets and your comment is out of place.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/01/17 5:38am

CherryMoon57

avatar

I will post the direct links to download / stream the song.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/01/17 8:41am

Militant

avatar

moderator

Without Spotify, seriously, this will struggle. I'd like to be supportive but I don't want you to waste your efforts.



 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/01/17 9:01am

CherryMoon57

avatar

eek

Wow, that's big lol!!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/01/17 9:08am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Please do not bump threads - thank you


lange bleu - moderator

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/01/17 9:09am

McD

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:



McD said:


I'd just kill the idea, frankly. It's a bad one. Not only have you not even considered the song availability before outlining your plan, your consideration of the song June as a celebration of Prince seems like a bullet fired right at one's own metatarsals.



I can assure you that I have and what militant has pointed out is a fairly recent possible change which is not yet affecting the stores availability for Prince's music any differently than it always was.

Despite all the intricacies of Prince's music distribution deals, and as mentioned in my above response, this song is currently still available from most oulets and your comment is out of place.




'Most outlets?' That bit of spin over an amateur screwup is Spicer-esque.

The song is inappropriate.

And it isn't available to stream on Spotify which makes an impossible mission comically harder. The fact that you hadn't even researched this before posting, and seem oblivious to the issues around the song, suggest this was just an illthought-out attempt to go viral.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/01/17 9:12am

CherryMoon57

avatar

McD said:

CherryMoon57 said:



I can assure you that I have and what militant has pointed out is a fairly recent possible change which is not yet affecting the stores availability for Prince's music any differently than it always was.

Despite all the intricacies of Prince's music distribution deals, and as mentioned in my above response, this song is currently still available from most oulets and your comment is out of place.


'Most outlets?' That bit of spin over an amateur screwup is Spicer-esque. The song is inappropriate. And it isn't available to stream on Spotify which makes an impossible mission comically harder. The fact that you hadn't even researched this before posting, and seem oblivious to the issues around the song, suggest this was just an illthought-out attempt to go viral.

Please read all my posts before making any further vitriol-esque assumptions, thanks!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/01/17 9:18am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Peace y'all !

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/01/17 9:33am

feeluupp

CherryMoon57 said:

**Note to moderators: Can this please be made a news thread or sticky as mainly created to inform the fans that this campaign is currently happening via Facebook.** If you wish to take part in the campaign, all you need to do is download/stream the song 'June' from the album HITNRUN Phase One between 1-14 June 2017 from any official online music outlets. Should the sales for this song go up, it might start appearing in the charts of your respective countries or could simply draw the general public's attention towards the song and related album. In any case, it is a good opportunity for the fans to unite and celebrate Prince's memory whilst honoring his legacy. And just like Prince did, our campaigns bring people together, which in itself is a positive and valuable outcome! Please like our FB page if you haven't already so you can get regular updates. Thank you for your support! Prince4Everyone 💜

so stupid

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/01/17 9:34am

McD

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:



McD said:


CherryMoon57 said:




I can assure you that I have and what militant has pointed out is a fairly recent possible change which is not yet affecting the stores availability for Prince's music any differently than it always was.

Despite all the intricacies of Prince's music distribution deals, and as mentioned in my above response, this song is currently still available from most oulets and your comment is out of place.




'Most outlets?' That bit of spin over an amateur screwup is Spicer-esque. The song is inappropriate. And it isn't available to stream on Spotify which makes an impossible mission comically harder. The fact that you hadn't even researched this before posting, and seem oblivious to the issues around the song, suggest this was just an illthought-out attempt to go viral.

Please read all my posts before making any further vitriol-esque assumptions, thanks!



Stop playing the victim card in lieu of any kinda sensible response to anything raised.

It's a stupid idea. The lack of streaming support isn't even the worst aspect but... streaming is the way to win, especially with an audience who already have purchased said track, and you didn't know you were up against a 99% market shutout. D'oh.

Not to mention that even if you succeeded and no one questioned what the song was about... June? Really? Can't imagine that type of track exciting a new generation of Prince followers.

All I can see is a desire to go viral and you working out that we're in the month of June. And so far the song has more streaming support than the campaign it seems.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/01/17 9:40am

feeluupp

McD said:

CherryMoon57 said:

Please read all my posts before making any further vitriol-esque assumptions, thanks!

Stop playing the victim card in lieu of any kinda sensible response to anything raised. It's a stupid idea. The lack of streaming support isn't even the worst aspect but... streaming is the way to win, especially with an audience who already have purchased said track, and you didn't know you were up against a 99% market shutout. D'oh. Not to mention that even if you succeeded and no one questioned what the song was about... June? Really? Can't imagine that type of track exciting a new generation of Prince followers. All I can see is a desire to go viral and you working out that we're in the month of June. And so far the song has more streaming support than the campaign it seems.

Agreed... Tired of these pointless threads...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/01/17 9:58am

LonelyStarfish

I have to echo what most have said already; if you're going to run a campaign, the song should be available on ALL major steaming sites & it should be a single (preferably uptempo) so it can be requested on radio too (many stations take requests via twitter & Facebook). Little red corvette would have been a good choice seeing as it just went viral + with the upcoming PRD release, would be perfect imo.
Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c...pp=desktop
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/01/17 10:18am

CherryMoon57

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

💜💜💜



Here are the *LINKS* to download 'June' by Prince, from the album HITNRUN Phase One, and in support of our campaign.



HMVDigital.com - https://www.hmvdigital.co...igital.com - https://goo.gl/6BH14X



Amazon UK - https://goo.gl/yzdOdl


iTunes UK - https://goo.gl/r5NCGT



Amazon US - https://goo.gl/dlEXwC


iTunes US - https://goo.gl/NaoZ8k



Amazon FR - https://goo.gl/W6PfXD


iTunes FR - https://goo.gl/X1ZiRV



Streaming is currently available on Tidal only, due to ongoing rights issues with Universal Music: https://listen.tidal.com/album/50767183



If you have any questions, please ask by posting a reply below.




Happy downloading everyone!!



💜💜💜




18740584_1902811729932328_6960797482755077674_n.jpg?oh=6925db2e6e9911d48920ecc7ae7ee33e&oe=59ADDA71

[Edited 6/1/17 9:09am]


[Edited 6/5/17 0:23am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/01/17 10:21pm

Wlcm2thdwn3

avatar

Just like being with FAMILY. smile

How long do you wanna be loved. Is forever enough, is forever enough?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/02/17 1:12am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Some reasons to follow this campaign:

    It is a much cheaper way to celebrate his music than the cost of a PP celebration ticket.

    HITNRUN Phase One is a great album that deserves more attention than it has got so far.

    The pie chart posted above by militant is based on usual music downloads and does not represent any eventual Prince / Campaign related downloads.

    However small, and despite the numerous naysayers on here, the campaign for 'The Cross' back in December had a significant impact on the sales for that song, which was recognised by many participants and non-participants alike. This was achieved at a time when Prince's music was still out of Spotify and the majority of other digital music websites. PLUS it was when Prince4Everone only had under 500 page followers (we now have over 4,000 keeping in mind that each 'share' of our post reaches an average of 50 more views...).


I'll let y'all ponder over this.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/02/17 3:14am

McD

avatar

Comments deleted.

You made your point more than once - you disagree with the idea.

Thanks

lange bleu - moderator
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/02/17 3:42am

CherryMoon57

avatar

-
[Edited 6/2/17 9:17am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/02/17 3:52am

CherryMoon57

avatar

I just wanted to say thank you to Wendy & Lisa and to Taja Sevelle for their support! 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/02/17 4:34am

Moonbeam

avatar

Keep up the good work, Cherry! Try to tune out the negativity - what you are doing is a touching way to try to bring the community together and give us something to rally behind.
Feel free to join in the Prince Song Poll 2016! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince songs, as decided by you!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/02/17 4:42am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Moonbeam said:

Keep up the good work, Cherry! Try to tune out the negativity - what you are doing is a touching way to try to bring the community together and give us something to rally behind.

Thanks moonbeam! touched
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/05/17 12:26am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Edits made to the original post.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince4Everyone 'June' Campaign