independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 20th Apr 2019 7:56am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Purple Rain Deluxe Tracklist CONFIRMED by APPLE. [Plus - Electric Intercourse available to stream/buy]
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 20 of 33 « First<161718192021222324>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #570 posted 04/29/17 12:30am

ForceofNature

That clip sounds great, it also makes me excited for the potential upgrade in sound quality for the Syracuse show as well

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #571 posted 04/29/17 12:44am

SanDiegoFunkDa
ddy

It’s missing the unedited versions of Take Me With U, The Beautiful Ones, and Darlin Nikki. They could have dumped all the single edits and put them on that CD.

[Edited 4/29/17 0:44am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #572 posted 04/29/17 12:48am

SomeSoldier

Sifi said:

Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.



Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.


It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.



[Snip - luv4u]




That looks and sound amazing. And it SHOULD be part of this release. Thanks for sharing though, much, much appreciated.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #573 posted 04/29/17 12:52am

jaawwnn

avatar

My god, well now look at that. Tell them to delay the damn thing and get it done, thats quality worth waiting for!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #574 posted 04/29/17 12:56am

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

SanDiegoFunkDaddy said:

It’s missing the unedited versions of Take Me With U, The Beautiful Ones, and Darlin Nikki. They could have dumped all the single edits and put them on that CD.

and alt versions of When does cry (with bassline) I would die for you (alt) purple rain with out strings

the countless other versions of computer blue

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #575 posted 04/29/17 1:05am

MiceElfAgin

Sifi said:

Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.

Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.

It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.

[Snip - luv4u]

.
Thanks, Sifi.
.
I can understand that remastering the First Avenue show takes longer than predicted.
.
What I absolutely cannot understand though is how come such an important release as this Purple Rain Deluxe set come out with a DVD in 2017 and not with a BluRay! I know that the Syracuse show wasn't recorded in HD, but I'm dreading to see and hear a PAL DVD with the 4% speed up. Even if the soundtrack is pitchshifted back to normal key, the tempo would still be 4% faster and these artifacts make me practically unable to enjoy the music. (If it comes out only on NTSC, then picture quality will suffer a bit.)
.
C'mon, Warners, it's 2017. We need a BluRay. Don't go so cheap on this one!
.
And don't even get me started on not having 24bit/96kHz versions included in the set. That is standard practice these days for a lot of deluxe editions, such as Steve Wilson's Jethro Tull and other remixes.
.

Oh yeah, and why on Earth did they have to mess with the artwork and rotate the main photo?
.


[Edited 4/29/17 2:59am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #576 posted 04/29/17 1:07am

mantaray31

Thanks Sifi for sharing that great sample!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #577 posted 04/29/17 1:08am

JudasLChrist

avatar

MiceElfAgin said:

Sifi said:

Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.

Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.

It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.

[Snip - luv4u]

.
Thanks, Sifi.
.
I can understand that remastering the First Avenue show takes longer than predicted.
.
What I absolutely cannot understand though is how come such an important release as this Purple Rain Deluxe set come out with a DVD in 2017 and not with a BluRay! I know that the Syracuse show wasn't recorded in HD, but I'm dreading to see and hear a PAL DVD with the 4% speed up. Even if the soundtrack is pitchshifted back to normal key, the tempo would still be 4% faster and these artifacts make me practically unable to enjoy the music. (If it comes out only on NTSC, then picture quality will suffer a bit.)
.
C'mon, Warners, it's 2017. We need a BluRay. Don't go so cheap on this one!
.
And don't even get me started on not having 24bit/96kHz versions included in the set. That is standard practice these days for a lot of deluxe editions, such as Steve Wilson's Jethro Tull and other remixes.
.


I don't have any love for Blueray. It makes films look like video. It's discomfiting! Honestly, just give it to us in high quality MP4 and it will be cool!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #578 posted 04/29/17 1:11am

MiceElfAgin

JudasLChrist said:

MiceElfAgin said:

.
Thanks, Sifi.
.
I can understand that remastering the First Avenue show takes longer than predicted.
.
What I absolutely cannot understand though is how come such an important release as this Purple Rain Deluxe set come out with a DVD in 2017 and not with a BluRay! I know that the Syracuse show wasn't recorded in HD, but I'm dreading to see and hear a PAL DVD with the 4% speed up. Even if the soundtrack is pitchshifted back to normal key, the tempo would still be 4% faster and these artifacts make me practically unable to enjoy the music. (If it comes out only on NTSC, then picture quality will suffer a bit.)
.
C'mon, Warners, it's 2017. We need a BluRay. Don't go so cheap on this one!
.
And don't even get me started on not having 24bit/96kHz versions included in the set. That is standard practice these days for a lot of deluxe editions, such as Steve Wilson's Jethro Tull and other remixes.
.


I don't have any love for Blueray. It makes films look like video.

.
If it does on certain releases, then that's a mastering issue – not the characteristics of the BluRay format itself.
.
And even with that slight artifact, would you really rather go for a PAL DVD that plays in the wrong key and with wrong tempo? I know I wouldn't.
.

[Edited 4/29/17 1:13am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #579 posted 04/29/17 1:12am

love2thenines2
003

I pray 4 a SUPERDELUXE EDITION a la u2 Achtung Baby or Pink Floyd Immersion with 1st Av 83. concert and the demo versions/alternate takes of the PURPLE RAIN ALBUM + goodies/memoralia....WB can do that.....Purple rain & Prince Legacy deserve this kind of release!

Pleaz Sifi....delive this INFO to WB....thanx in advance

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #580 posted 04/29/17 1:18am

love2thenines2
003

bfunk said:

Sifi said:

Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.

Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.

It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.

I am confident to say though, that our patience will be rewarded BIG TIME, based on this sample of Let’s Go Crazy https://we.tl/5lSgbuyLOy I cranked up the volume and was amazed!

OMFG, thank u so much.

Thank u 2 Times SIFI biggrin biggrin biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #581 posted 04/29/17 1:18am

Marco81

Sifi said:

Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.



Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.


It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.



[Snip - luv4u]




well that is interesting, could you ask them 2 questions? 1) how many times do they want fans to buy the deluxe package then and 2) where the hell is the 2nd disc of unearthed material?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #582 posted 04/29/17 1:37am

BoraBora


Maybe, simply to avoid more delays, WB decided to do 2 different releases, with the Avenue Show released later this years in a CD/DVD combo.

This would justify the low prices of the Purple Rain Anniversary Editions, the fact that we now have "Electric Intercourse (Studio Version)" and the fact that in the original press release there was the line "2 unreleased albums" ("From The Archive" and "Avenue Show").

We'll see it.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #583 posted 04/29/17 1:37am

jaawwnn

avatar

SanDiegoFunkDaddy said:

It’s missing the unedited versions of Take Me With U, The Beautiful Ones, and Darlin Nikki. They could have dumped all the single edits and put them on that CD.

[Edited 4/29/17 0:44am]


I see people elsewhere saying "thank you for including the 7" edits, pay attention other bands who don't respect the wishes of your fans, this is how its done". So yeah, clearly the correct request is for them to include both, we shouldn't be second guessing WB's budget.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #584 posted 04/29/17 2:18am

mrmaxwell

Sifi said:

Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.

Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.

It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.

I am confident to say though, that our patience will be rewarded BIG TIME, based on this sample of Let’s Go Crazy https://we.tl/5lSgbuyLOy I cranked up the volume and was amazed!



Amazing sample thank you!

The sound as expected is perfect - after all it was recorded via a 24 track mobile studio truck!

Regardless of how clean WB can get the footage they need to release this - besides the Small Club aftershow this is the holy grail of Prince bootlegs!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #585 posted 04/29/17 3:14am

KingSausage

avatar

My toddler woke me up at 5:00 a.m. because she was sick. I am now happy to be awake so damn early on Saturday because that sample clip is AMAZING. Holy crap.
"Drop that stereo before I blow your Goddamn nuts off, asshole!"
-Eugene Tackleberry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #586 posted 04/29/17 3:19am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

JudasLChrist said:

MiceElfAgin said:

.
Thanks, Sifi.
.
I can understand that remastering the First Avenue show takes longer than predicted.
.
What I absolutely cannot understand though is how come such an important release as this Purple Rain Deluxe set come out with a DVD in 2017 and not with a BluRay! I know that the Syracuse show wasn't recorded in HD, but I'm dreading to see and hear a PAL DVD with the 4% speed up. Even if the soundtrack is pitchshifted back to normal key, the tempo would still be 4% faster and these artifacts make me practically unable to enjoy the music. (If it comes out only on NTSC, then picture quality will suffer a bit.)
.
C'mon, Warners, it's 2017. We need a BluRay. Don't go so cheap on this one!
.
And don't even get me started on not having 24bit/96kHz versions included in the set. That is standard practice these days for a lot of deluxe editions, such as Steve Wilson's Jethro Tull and other remixes.
.


I don't have any love for Blueray. It makes films look like video. It's discomfiting! Honestly, just give it to us in high quality MP4 and it will be cool!

That's just not true, Blu-Ray is the physical format most able to reproduce films with its suport for 24fps, which matches movie format. For an NTSC DVD you get jerky motion due to the 3:2 pulldown in order for the framerate to match over a 2 second period, and with PAL they just double the frames up and play it back resulting in a 4% speed up of video and the assosciated pitch shift in the audio which comes from it playing faster. Both solutions are pretty nasty really.


RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #587 posted 04/29/17 3:32am

RODSERLING

TheEnglishGent said:

Se7en said:


Is there such a thing as remastering video tape (VHS)? I didn't think there was, at least not the extent of transferring it to HD/Blu-Ray.

There is if there is better source material than a VHS.

I suspect they don't have the original tape thiese morons.

Ptherwise, it would have been remastered in HD and released on blu ray at 25 $ alone. And this is pretty much the price of the entire set (!). So we can expect a very weak video material, just like the dvd transfert of THE HITS, DIAMONDS AND PEARLS. It took monts and a lot of money to remasterise 2 hours movie.

.

Remember the BAD 25 flop. MAinly because of the poor video quality of the live included. Worst than a VHS, frankly. Sony said to calm down fans, that it was remastered by the NASA, and they did as much as they could do. The truth is that they didn't have the original tapes. The ydon't know where they are, and don't want to spend money on it.

BAD 25 flopped so much, Sony didn't want to release DANGEROUS 25 last year.

.

This is what will happen with this PURPLE RAIN release, believe me.

[Edited 4/29/17 3:37am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #588 posted 04/29/17 3:39am

jjam

That clip of Let's Go Crazy sounds incredible!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #589 posted 04/29/17 3:47am

bluegangsta

avatar

RODSERLING said:

I suspect they don't have the original tape thiese morons.

Ptherwise, it would have been remastered in HD and released on blu ray at 25 $ alone. And this is pretty much the price of the entire set (!). So we can expect a very weak video material, just like the dvd transfert of THE HITS, DIAMONDS AND PEARLS. It took monts and a lot of money to remasterise 2 hours movie.

.

Remember the BAD 25 flop. MAinly because of the poor video quality of the live included. Worst than a VHS, frankly. Sony said to calm down fans, that it was remastered by the NASA, and they did as much as they could do. The truth is that they didn't have the original tapes. The ydon't know where they are, and don't want to spend money on it.

BAD 25 flopped so much, Sony didn't want to release DANGEROUS 25 last year.

.

This is what will happen with this PURPLE RAIN release, believe me.

[Edited 4/29/17 3:37am]

1. They're not morons for not owning a 30 year old tape that was probaly the property of Prince, who let his vault rot.
2. Remastering a VHS to HD? Ha!

3. "This is what will happen"? We know what's happening. No need for a facile prediction.

[Edited 4/29/17 3:48am]

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #590 posted 04/29/17 3:53am

connorhawke

avatar

Hi.

Not sure if this was already posted.

JBHi-Fi for the AU/NZ contingent:

Single vinyl:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/rock-pop/purple-rain-vinyl-remastered/442718/

Deluxe:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/rock-pop/purple-rain-deluxe-edition/442710/

Super Deluxe:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/rock-pop/purple-rain-superdeluxe-expanded-edition/442714/

"...and If all of this Love Talk ends with Prince getting married to someone other than me, all I would like to do is give Prince a life size Purple Fabric Cloud Guitar that I made from a vintage bedspread that I used as a Christmas Tree Skirt." Tame, Feb
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #591 posted 04/29/17 3:54am

MiceElfAgin

bluegangsta said:

RODSERLING said:

I suspect they don't have the original tape thiese morons.

Ptherwise, it would have been remastered in HD and released on blu ray at 25 $ alone. And this is pretty much the price of the entire set (!). So we can expect a very weak video material, just like the dvd transfert of THE HITS, DIAMONDS AND PEARLS. It took monts and a lot of money to remasterise 2 hours movie.

.

Remember the BAD 25 flop. MAinly because of the poor video quality of the live included. Worst than a VHS, frankly. Sony said to calm down fans, that it was remastered by the NASA, and they did as much as they could do. The truth is that they didn't have the original tapes. The ydon't know where they are, and don't want to spend money on it.

BAD 25 flopped so much, Sony didn't want to release DANGEROUS 25 last year.

.

This is what will happen with this PURPLE RAIN release, believe me.

[Edited 4/29/17 3:37am]

1. They're not morons for owning a 30 year old tae that was probaly the property of Prince, who let his vault rot.
2. Remastering a VHS to HD? Ha!

3. "This is what will happen"? We know what's happening. No need for a facile prediction.

.
Jeez, guys! Prince did not let his vault "rot". You (or me) don't even know if the video master for this show was stored at Paisley or perhaps at Warners.

Also: stop talking about "remastering from VHS". Just because it first came out on VHS, that doesn't mean it was recorded on VHS – quite obviously it wasn't! VHS is not a professional format (actually it was the worst of the consumer video formats too) therefore it wasn't ever used for professional recording. Probably it was recorded on U-matic (BVU) or Beta.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #592 posted 04/29/17 3:55am

connorhawke

avatar

Also, to confirm: this is the maximum for this release? 2xCD=1DVD? No bluray editions and no second concert?

If I lay down the AU$80 I'm not going to be confronted wuth a SuperMegaDeluxe or some crap in a couple of months?

"...and If all of this Love Talk ends with Prince getting married to someone other than me, all I would like to do is give Prince a life size Purple Fabric Cloud Guitar that I made from a vintage bedspread that I used as a Christmas Tree Skirt." Tame, Feb
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #593 posted 04/29/17 3:59am

SomeSoldier

What are the chances of a super deluxe set, including the First Avenue show and the vinyl being released at a later date? I wouldn't have any problems with that, as long as they annnounce it before the others are released!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #594 posted 04/29/17 4:03am

MiceElfAgin

SomeSoldier said:

What are the chances of a super deluxe set, including the First Avenue show and the vinyl being released at a later date? I wouldn't have any problems with that, as long as they annnounce it before the others are released!

.
Announcing it before these are released? smile I think that would surely result in WB firing its entire marketing department! smile

Don't count on it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #595 posted 04/29/17 4:18am

darkroman

I find it a little odd that the two disc edition has the vault tracks as disc 2 rather than the remixes / edit.

.

lol lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #596 posted 04/29/17 4:27am

jaypotton

MiceElfAgin said:



bluegangsta said:




RODSERLING said:


I suspect they don't have the original tape thiese morons.


Ptherwise, it would have been remastered in HD and released on blu ray at 25 $ alone. And this is pretty much the price of the entire set (!). So we can expect a very weak video material, just like the dvd transfert of THE HITS, DIAMONDS AND PEARLS. It took monts and a lot of money to remasterise 2 hours movie.


.


Remember the BAD 25 flop. MAinly because of the poor video quality of the live included. Worst than a VHS, frankly. Sony said to calm down fans, that it was remastered by the NASA, and they did as much as they could do. The truth is that they didn't have the original tapes. The ydon't know where they are, and don't want to spend money on it.


BAD 25 flopped so much, Sony didn't want to release DANGEROUS 25 last year.


.


This is what will happen with this PURPLE RAIN release, believe me.


[Edited 4/29/17 3:37am]



1. They're not morons for owning a 30 year old tae that was probaly the property of Prince, who let his vault rot.
2. Remastering a VHS to HD? Ha!


3. "This is what will happen"? We know what's happening. No need for a facile prediction.



.
Jeez, guys! Prince did not let his vault "rot". You (or me) don't even know if the video master for this show was stored at Paisley or perhaps at Warners.

Also: stop talking about "remastering from VHS". Just because it first came out on VHS, that doesn't mean it was recorded on VHS – quite obviously it wasn't! VHS is not a professional format (actually it was the worst of the consumer video formats too) therefore it wasn't ever used for professional recording. Probably it was recorded on U-matic (BVU) or Beta.



1. Actually WE all actually KNOW nothing when it comes to the vault. None of us have seen it or been in it. The one thing we do know is that back in the 90s HM Buff (pretty sure it was him) said in an interview that the vault was in a bad way and that many of the tapes were deteriorating and needed to be baked and also digitised but that Prince wasn't that interested (at the time).

2. Professional video formats...I already said this on bottom of page 17 but clearly nobody reads so you need to repeat!
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #597 posted 04/29/17 4:29am

jaypotton

MiceElfAgin said:



SomeSoldier said:


What are the chances of a super deluxe set, including the First Avenue show and the vinyl being released at a later date? I wouldn't have any problems with that, as long as they annnounce it before the others are released!

.
Announcing it before these are released? smile I think that would surely result in WB firing its entire marketing department! smile

Don't count on it.



Said it before, I will lay money on their being further Purple Rain releases at some point. 40th anniversary anyone?

As long as there is a market and the revenue opportunity outstrips the cost and effort, they will do it.
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #598 posted 04/29/17 4:37am

MiceElfAgin

jaypotton said:


MiceElfAgin said:

stop talking about "remastering from VHS". Just because it first came out on VHS, that doesn't mean it was recorded on VHS – quite obviously it wasn't! VHS is not a professional format (actually it was the worst of the consumer video formats too) therefore it wasn't ever used for professional recording. Probably it was recorded on U-matic (BVU) or Beta.

I already said this on bottom of page 17 but clearly nobody reads so you need to repeat!

.
I beg your pardon for not reading back dozens of pages every time before I reply to someone! smile (Especially when there are lunatics around who just have to produce 300 posts daily... Not referring to you.)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #599 posted 04/29/17 4:41am

bluegangsta

avatar

jaypotton said:

MiceElfAgin said:

.
Jeez, guys! Prince did not let his vault "rot". You (or me) don't even know if the video master for this show was stored at Paisley or perhaps at Warners.

Also: stop talking about "remastering from VHS". Just because it first came out on VHS, that doesn't mean it was recorded on VHS – quite obviously it wasn't! VHS is not a professional format (actually it was the worst of the consumer video formats too) therefore it wasn't ever used for professional recording. Probably it was recorded on U-matic (BVU) or Beta.

1. Actually WE all actually KNOW nothing when it comes to the vault. None of us have seen it or been in it. The one thing we do know is that back in the 90s HM Buff (pretty sure it was him) said in an interview that the vault was in a bad way and that many of the tapes were deteriorating and needed to be baked and also digitised but that Prince wasn't that interested (at the time). 2. Professional video formats...I already said this on bottom of page 17 but clearly nobody reads so you need to repeat!

We've had confirmation from engineers that the environmental control in the vault was broken down for an extended period.

You can tell from the snippet that upscaling the video (whatever format...) would be next to useless. The only benifit for a Blu Ray release would be lossless sound.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 20 of 33 « First<161718192021222324>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Purple Rain Deluxe Tracklist CONFIRMED by APPLE. [Plus - Electric Intercourse available to stream/buy]