independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 25th Jun 2017 3:45am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Roc Nation, Tidal File Court Papers Claiming Exclusive Streaming Rights to Prince's Catalog
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 19 « First<2345678910>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 11/20/16 10:10pm

oliviacamron

avatar

djThunderfunk said:



oliviacamron said:


I wood like to buy the physical albums in CDs but I wonder if I can somehow record the songs from CD to sd card confuse


Rip the CDs (if your device does not have a CD drive you can get a portable USB unit for about $25 OR find a friend whose computer has a CD or DVD drive), copy paste digital files to SD card. Done.


Thanks for responding. So Tidal has 45 no actually 47 Prince albums on there service . It will cost me a lot to buy all of them.
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 11/20/16 10:19pm

oliviacamron

avatar

oliviacamron said:

djThunderfunk said:



oliviacamron said:


I wood like to buy the physical albums in CDs but I wonder if I can somehow record the songs from CD to sd card confuse


Rip the CDs (if your device does not have a CD drive you can get a portable USB unit for about $25 OR find a friend whose computer has a CD or DVD drive), copy paste digital files to SD card. Done.


Thanks for responding. So Tidal has 45 no actually 47 no actually 48 ( two are in he wrong place) Prince albums on there service . It will cost me a lot to buy all of them.

If you count Prince album with 94 east that makes 50 Prince albums on Tidal!
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 11/21/16 6:28am

djThunderfunk

avatar

oliviacamron said:

oliviacamron said:
Thanks for responding. So Tidal has 45 no actually 47 no actually 48 ( two are in he wrong place) Prince albums on there service . It will cost me a lot to buy all of them.
If you count Prince album with 94 east that makes 50 Prince albums on Tidal!


Hmm, I don't have Tidal so I'm guessing... some of those are singles?

Regardless, it would be a lot to have to purchase at once. I wasn't suggesting anybody stop using Tidal and instead buy all the albums at one time. I was commenting on those that used to have the CDs but got rid of them to go digital.

That said, if you want to build a physical collection, start with the affordably available and get them one or two at a time. Maybe by the time they're not on Tidal anymore you'll have started a decent collection. Keep in mind, some of the Prince's albums are not available on CD or are expensive on CD. I would buy digital copies of those from Tidal's download store. Just be sure to back them up to at least 2 places (device, flashdrive, cloud, burn a disc, whatever).

P.S. most of the old stuff will eventually be remastered and re-released, so for instance if you buy a Purple Rain CD now, you'll be looking at buying a second copy when the deluxe set gets released next year.


We were HERE, where were you?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 11/21/16 12:16pm

cloveringold85

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

cloveringold85 said:

DJThunder: I'm not sure if your post was referring to what I said about "we didn't know this would happen."

.

What I meant by my statement was that none of us knew that Prince's estate would be at battle with Tidal. I never said anything about Tidal being a "temporary source" for Prince's music. I never really knew much about Tidal, until all hell broke loose!

.

None of us could have possibly known that things would get this ugly.

.

[Edited 11/20/16 15:53pm]


Perhaps. However, many of us predicted Tidal's streaming license would last only as long as Prince was interested in working with them and/or as long as Tidal was willing to pay Prince what he thought the deal was worth. Knowing his history with labels and online services, the odds were always against their deal lasting more than a few years. Even if he was still with us, he would have eventually moved on from the service.

.

Yes, perhaps he would have. Prince was known to change his mind with the wind.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 11/21/16 5:13pm

PennyPurple

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

Ingela said:

cloveringold85 said: Kanye West urged a meeting with Apple demanding Apple buy Tidal. Apple said they have no interest in Tidal. The streaming market is saturated and even deep pockets tech companies are struggling against Spotify. It takes a lot of money and it's a long game. Tidal has been losing millions and who knows how long they can keep bleeding money and not die. They urgently need a cash infusion and everyone with money is weary in going against the big boys who themselves are losing money. [Edited 11/18/16 13:27pm]

.

Yes, I read about that story about Kanye -- he was so pissed at JayZ. I also read that Tidal owes a lot of money to people, and now they are being sued by Prince's estate....so, maybe its ADIOS for Tidal!! wave

Maybe that was what Kanye's rant was about this weekend with JayZ. He said JayZ had killers.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 11/21/16 9:16pm

mnfriend

Quote from laurarichardson:
"
--- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money. The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up. Can anyone explain this?"

I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW.
Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died
an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies,
but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked,
banking.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 11/21/16 11:53pm

oliviacamron

avatar

mnfriend said:

Quote from laurarichardson:
"
--- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money. The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up. Can anyone explain this?"

I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW.
Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died
an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies,
but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked,
banking.

Is it confirmed he went to Switzerland? I keep hearing about it but was there any proof? I remember the very first time I heard xxx went on vacation after the death, I said aloud to myself in a joking way " where Switzerland to open a Swiss bank account" . Now I actually keep hearing he really went there.
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 11/21/16 11:57pm

oliviacamron

avatar

djThunderfunk said:



oliviacamron said:


oliviacamron said:
Thanks for responding. So Tidal has 45 no actually 47 no actually 48 ( two are in he wrong place) Prince albums on there service . It will cost me a lot to buy all of them.

If you count Prince album with 94 east that makes 50 Prince albums on Tidal!


Hmm, I don't have Tidal so I'm guessing... some of those are singles?

Regardless, it would be a lot to have to purchase at once. I wasn't suggesting anybody stop using Tidal and instead buy all the albums at one time. I was commenting on those that used to have the CDs but got rid of them to go digital.

That said, if you want to build a physical collection, start with the affordably available and get them one or two at a time. Maybe by the time they're not on Tidal anymore you'll have started a decent collection. Keep in mind, some of the Prince's albums are not available on CD or are expensive on CD. I would buy digital copies of those from Tidal's download store. Just be sure to back them up to at least 2 places (device, flashdrive, cloud, burn a disc, whatever).

P.S. most of the old stuff will eventually be remastered and re-released, so for instance if you buy a Purple Rain CD now, you'll be looking at buying a second copy when the deluxe set gets released next year.



I didn't count the singles ( mostly live). I did count hitnrun as two albums though. I counted rave unto and into as one album.
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 11/22/16 12:43am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

oliviacamron said:

mnfriend said:
Quote from laurarichardson: " --- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money. The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up. Can anyone explain this?" I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW. Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked, banking.
Is it confirmed he went to Switzerland? I keep hearing about it but was there any proof? I remember the very first time I heard xxx went on vacation after the death, I said aloud to myself in a joking way " where Switzerland to open a Swiss bank account" . Now I actually keep hearing he really went there.

who is xxx?

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 11/22/16 1:15am

oliviacamron

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:



oliviacamron said:


mnfriend said:
Quote from laurarichardson: " --- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money. The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up. Can anyone explain this?" I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW. Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked, banking.

Is it confirmed he went to Switzerland? I keep hearing about it but was there any proof? I remember the very first time I heard xxx went on vacation after the death, I said aloud to myself in a joking way " where Switzerland to open a Swiss bank account" . Now I actually keep hearing he really went there.

who is xxx?


Kirk
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 11/22/16 3:55am

Lovejunky

avatar

mnfriend said:

Quote from laurarichardson: " --- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money.

I believe its very possible that Jayz Paid CA$H up front.

Prince made handshake agreements...I have read it a few times.

He prefered to work on TRUST.

The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up.Which is really puzzling, it means that JayZ must have some kind of PROOF thats keeping the music UP, otherwise it would be gone...wouldnt it ?

Can anyone explain this?" I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW. Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked, banking.Are you implying that Kirk went to switzerland to dump cash.?...If Kirk had cash its becasue Prince Trusted him to hold it, and If thats the case...that Money belongs to Kirk....Prince would have wanted him to have it..Thats who he was..He looked after his people and Kirk was certainly one of them.....I dont blame him for going to Switzerland..A) To escape the circus to Grieve..He would have been gutted..Kirk was with him for over 40 years...b) WHoever advised him to go to switzerland had his best interests at heart. Any of you who believe that Kirk would screw over Prince are idiots. Put yourself in Kirks place...PRiNCE has held YOu as a confidant for his entire Career...Are YOU going to betray him ???????? NO WAY..Kirk has a right to whatever cash he landed with....The estate and Heirs are still squabbling, The Music Execs are like hungry Piraanahs,no one can agree on anything.You can bet that Kirk is being involved in everything thats going on a lot more than we see. He was consistantly CLOSE to prince..he didnt drop in and go like so many others...Kirk was there until the end....Just becasue we havent heard anything from him, DONT assume that he is GUILTY of anything except maybe saving some of Princes CASH from being squandred away on Legal Bull shit.....


Prince Supported TIDAL and JAYz Deal with it !

Maybe Prince Music is THE Thing to get Tidal back into the Black ? smile

Maybe TIDAL is a good thing and JAYZ is inspired by the Good Heart of Prince ?

Maybe we have got it all worng...

Come what may I DO believe that all this will have a Good Outcome...

Prince is MAGIC and the Posative effect he has had on our Planet will continue to ripple outwards for always.

Time is a mind construct

[Edited 11/22/16 4:00am]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 11/22/16 4:44am

mnfriend

Lovejunky, from my outside view, I would offer an opinion that I hope a decades old, loyal, hardworking to the end friend and employee
would be compensated accordingly.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 11/22/16 5:06am

Lovejunky

avatar

mnfriend said:

Lovejunky, from my outside view, I would offer an opinion that I hope a decades old, loyal, hardworking to the end friend and employee would be compensated accordingly.

One would HOPE So..yes...

But the ways things have been going it doesnt look promising...6 siblings are first in line...

Some of them had nothing to with with Princes life at all..

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 11/22/16 5:14am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

oliviacamron said:

TheEnglishGent said:

who is xxx?

Kirk

Ah thanks. So why don't we write his name?

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 11/22/16 5:37am

TwiliteKid

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:



oliviacamron said:


TheEnglishGent said:


who is xxx?



Kirk

Ah thanks. So why don't we write his name?


Because they're batshit crazy?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 11/22/16 6:55am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

TwiliteKid said:

TheEnglishGent said:

Ah thanks. So why don't we write his name?

Because they're batshit crazy?

lol lol

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 11/22/16 7:29am

laurarichardso
n

mnfriend said:

Quote from laurarichardson: " --- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money. The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up. Can anyone explain this?" I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW. Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked, banking.

So does Turks and Cacios and buying real estate left and right. I would not be surprised if Prince was paid in cash and that money was stashed in some bank account the estate knows nothing about or spent in some real estate transaction. All Jay-Z has to do is show he paid it and since the music is still up despite a court order he must have some proof.

The estate screwed up by not sorting this out before going on about putting the music on other platforms which is only going to bring in pennies. Has anyone found 4ever on itunes today.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 11/22/16 12:25pm

Se7en

avatar

laurarichardson said:

mnfriend said:

Quote from laurarichardson: " --- Does anyone else believe that Prince actually gave Jay-Z files with no upfront money. The lawsuit has a court order to remove the music from Tidal and as of today the files are still up. Can anyone explain this?" I have a burning thought I haven't seen mentioned in my following of Prince death information. I am not an insider, just throwing this out FWIW. Did anyone find xxx's trip to Switzerland right after Prince died an odd choice to vacation? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but Switzerland reminds me of skiing, and easy, no questions asked, banking.

So does Turks and Cacios and buying real estate left and right. I would not be surprised if Prince was paid in cash and that money was stashed in some bank account the estate knows nothing about or spent in some real estate transaction. All Jay-Z has to do is show he paid it and since the music is still up despite a court order he must have some proof.

The estate screwed up by not sorting this out before going on about putting the music on other platforms which is only going to bring in pennies. Has anyone found 4ever on itunes today.



It's on iTunes, you just have to search for it. Although, for some reason it has a release date of tomorrow (11/23/16) on iTunes.

All of the tracks are listed as Album Only, but I'm not sure if that will change tomorrow.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 11/22/16 12:28pm

Se7en

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

oliviacamron said:

oliviacamron said: If you count Prince album with 94 east that makes 50 Prince albums on Tidal!


Hmm, I don't have Tidal so I'm guessing... some of those are singles?

Regardless, it would be a lot to have to purchase at once. I wasn't suggesting anybody stop using Tidal and instead buy all the albums at one time. I was commenting on those that used to have the CDs but got rid of them to go digital.

That said, if you want to build a physical collection, start with the affordably available and get them one or two at a time. Maybe by the time they're not on Tidal anymore you'll have started a decent collection. Keep in mind, some of the Prince's albums are not available on CD or are expensive on CD. I would buy digital copies of those from Tidal's download store. Just be sure to back them up to at least 2 places (device, flashdrive, cloud, burn a disc, whatever).

P.S. most of the old stuff will eventually be remastered and re-released, so for instance if you buy a Purple Rain CD now, you'll be looking at buying a second copy when the deluxe set gets released next year.




I downloaded a bunch of the NPGMC stuff from Tidal in FLAC quality. They were never released on CD, and I have a feeling that soon they won't even be on TIDAL anymore either.

As for the normal discography, you can get CDs for about $10 or so on Amazon. That's not too pricey. Then just rip the stuff on your computer and enjoy your own self-made MP3s or AACs. Don't buy MP3s, it's kind of a waste of money.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 11/22/16 12:54pm

oliviacamron

avatar

Se7en said:



djThunderfunk said:




oliviacamron said:


oliviacamron said: If you count Prince album with 94 east that makes 50 Prince albums on Tidal!


Hmm, I don't have Tidal so I'm guessing... some of those are singles?

Regardless, it would be a lot to have to purchase at once. I wasn't suggesting anybody stop using Tidal and instead buy all the albums at one time. I was commenting on those that used to have the CDs but got rid of them to go digital.

That said, if you want to build a physical collection, start with the affordably available and get them one or two at a time. Maybe by the time they're not on Tidal anymore you'll have started a decent collection. Keep in mind, some of the Prince's albums are not available on CD or are expensive on CD. I would buy digital copies of those from Tidal's download store. Just be sure to back them up to at least 2 places (device, flashdrive, cloud, burn a disc, whatever).

P.S. most of the old stuff will eventually be remastered and re-released, so for instance if you buy a Purple Rain CD now, you'll be looking at buying a second copy when the deluxe set gets released next year.






I downloaded a bunch of the NPGMC stuff from Tidal in FLAC quality. They were never released on CD, and I have a feeling that soon they won't even be on TIDAL anymore either.

As for the normal discography, you can get CDs for about $10 or so on Amazon. That's not too pricey. Then just rip the stuff on your computer and enjoy your own self-made MP3s or AACs. Don't buy MP3s, it's kind of a waste of money.




2 days ago there were 50 albums ,now there are 48 . I counted 3 times the other day to make sure. I don't know which ones are missing already or if sometimes they just don't show up
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 11/22/16 1:40pm

oliviacamron

avatar

I think it was on this thread somewhere someone said Tidal was in cahoots with Warners and someone else said not so. Well I tried to find the customer service number to Tidal and the only number I got was for the company Aspiro in Sweden . So on Aspiro's website they still have Tidal listed as there company. They sell shares , ( I don't really understand that crap and don't explain). So on Aspiro's website that owns Tidal ,they also have a list of other companies at the bottom of there webpage. Now they must be affiliated with these companies other wise why would these names be on there webpage. Warner Bros IS on Aspiro's webpage. There is also Sony music and about 5 other companies. Warners Bros, Tidal, Aspiro, are in cahoots!!!!!
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 11/22/16 3:28pm

Ingela

oliviacamron said:

I think it was on this thread somewhere someone said Tidal was in cahoots with Warners and someone else said not so. Well I tried to find the customer service number to Tidal and the only number I got was for the company Aspiro in Sweden . So on Aspiro's website they still have Tidal listed as there company. They sell shares , ( I don't really understand that crap and don't explain). So on Aspiro's website that owns Tidal ,they also have a list of other companies at the bottom of there webpage. Now they must be affiliated with these companies other wise why would these names be on there webpage. Warner Bros IS on Aspiro's webpage. There is also Sony music and about 5 other companies. Warners Bros, Tidal, Aspiro, are in cahoots!!!!!



Tidal was originally Swedish company owned by Aspiro. I'm not sure if JayZ and his investors bought it out completely or if Aspiro still owns part of it. I would asume that all the infrastructure stayed in Sweden rather than bring it all back to the States and start from scratch.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 11/22/16 4:57pm

mnfriend

TheEnglishGent said:



TwiliteKid said:


TheEnglishGent said:


Ah thanks. So why don't we write his name?



Because they're batshit crazy?

lol lol




To the contrary, it was addressed to people that would know, and I did not want to write the name and have it gossipy. Sorry if confusing, insults not necessary.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 11/22/16 6:03pm

803

I have been trying to track down Prince albums on tidal. I couldn't just type in Prince and pull them all up so every time someone mentions an album on Prince.org, I've been searching for it on tidal and this is the list of what I have been able to find..if anyone can give me additional albums that I don't have, I'd appreciate it...and Prince 4ever isn't on tidal. Or, at least I can't find it.
1. For you
2. Dirty mind
3. 1999
4. Purple rain
5. Sign o the times
6. 94 east
7. Hits side 1
8. Hits side 2
9. Hits the b side
10. Prince and new power generation
11. Diamonds and pearls
12.indigo nights
13. The vault
14. Lovesexy
15. Controversy
16. Prince
17. Chaos & disorder
18. Gold experience
19. Black album
20. Come
21. Gett off
22. Graffiti bridge
23.batman
24. Plectrum electrum
25. Around the world in a day
26. C note
27. Musicology
28. Chocolate invasion
29. News
30 xpectation
31 rave un2 the joy fantastic
32 rave in2 the joy fantastic
33 crystal ball
34 the truth
35 emancipation
3620ten
37 lotusflow3r vol. 1 & 2
38 planet earth
39 3121
40 ultimate Prince
41 slaughterhouse
42 exodus
43 girl6
44 new power soul
45 kamasutra
46 parade
47 hit and run 1 & 2
48 art official age
49 the after show
50 one night alone live
51 One night alone
52 Rainbow children
53 very best of Prince
54 1999:the new master
55. The war

I'm can't pull up the Syracuse live show that people were talking about recently...maybe it was only available in the uk???
[Edited 11/22/16 22:46pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 11/22/16 6:13pm

oliviacamron

avatar

803 said:

I have been trying to track down Prince albums on tidal. I couldn't just type in Prince and pull them all up so every time someone mentions an album on Prince.org, I've been searching for it on tidal and this is the list of what I have been able to find..if anyone can give me additional albums that I don't have, I'd appreciate it...and Prince 4ever isn't on tidal. Or, at least I can't find it.
1. For you
2. Dirty mind
3. 1999
4. Purple rain
5. Sign o the times
6. 94 east
7. Hits side 1
8. Hits side 2
9. Hits the b side
10. Prince and new power generation
11. Diamonds and pearls
12.indigo nights
13. The vault
14. Lovesexy
15. Controversy
16. Prince
17. Chaos & disorder
18. Gold experience
19. Black album
20. Come
21. Gett off
22. Graffiti bridge
23.batman
24. Plectrum electrum
25. Around the world in a day
26. C note
27. Musicology
28. Chocolate invasion
29. News
30 xpectation
31 rave un2 the joy fantastic
32 rave in2 the joy fantastic
33 crystal ball
34 the truth
35 emancipation
3620ten
37 lotusflow3r vol. 1 & 2
38 planet earth
39 3121
40 ultimate Prince
41 slaughterhouse
42 exodus
43 girl6
44 new power soul
45 kamasutra
46 parade
47 hit and run 1 & 2
48 art official age
49 the after show
50 one night alone live
51 One night alone
52 Rainbow children
53 very best of Prince

I'm can't pull up the Syracuse live show that people were talking about recently...maybe it was only available in the uk???

It's available on Tidal.com for purchase. It's not coming up in the Tidal app for Android. I'm in the US. I wanted to stream it but it's not up on the stream options
[Edited 11/22/16 18:14pm]
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 11/22/16 6:26pm

803

What are you typing into the search function? I typed Syracuse live and it didn't come up. Then I added Prince and it still doesn't come up..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 11/22/16 8:42pm

Namelessfan

Where should I purchase Prince's music in a way that will benefit his estate - since it's no longer possible to support him directly?

I bought cd's from Amazon but probably some are bootlegs; I subscribed to tidal because I thought

Prince had a deal with them.

I don't want to support anyone who is exploiting him.

Please advise!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 11/22/16 8:50pm

Ingela

Namelessfan said:

Where should I purchase Prince's music in a way that will benefit his estate - since it's no longer possible to support him directly?


I bought cd's from Amazon but probably some are bootlegs; I subscribed to tidal because I thought


Prince had a deal with them.


I don't want to support anyone who is exploiting him.



Please advise!







Send me your money with what you want and I'll place the proceeds in his urn myself personally. Western union only.
Totally legit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 11/22/16 8:58pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Namelessfan said:

Where should I purchase Prince's music in a way that will benefit his estate - since it's no longer possible to support him directly?

I bought cd's from Amazon but probably some are bootlegs; I subscribed to tidal because I thought

Prince had a deal with them.

I don't want to support anyone who is exploiting him.

Please advise!


Prince did indeed have a deal with Tidal, but, with the estate disputing the details of the deal, there's a good chance it won't last. You can purchase official digital copies from Tidal now while they're still available.

As for benefitting the estate, give it time, when they work out all the details and start releasing stuff you'll hear about it here on the org.



We were HERE, where were you?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 11/22/16 10:04pm

Namelessfan

Ingela said:

Namelessfan said:

Send me your money with what you want and I'll place the proceeds in his urn myself personally. Western union only. Totally legit.

Ok I'm sending you a bunch of money right now.

Or maybe you could consider that some people are sincere and just want to do the right thing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 19 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Roc Nation, Tidal File Court Papers Claiming Exclusive Streaming Rights to Prince's Catalog