URL: http://prince.org/msg/7/433038/Proposed-Wall-Around-Paisley-Park-Sparks-Prince-Fans-Outrage

Date printed: Sun 10th Dec 2017 4:22pm PST

independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 10th Dec 2017 4:22pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Proposed Wall Around Paisley Park Sparks Prince Fans’ Outrage
AuthorMessage
Thread started 09/29/16 7:17pm

luv4u

Moderator

moderator

Proposed Wall Around Paisley Park Sparks Prince Fans’ Outrage

This is about the petition started by Kim Huston.



http://minnesota.cbslocal...k.facebook

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Just a week before Prince's home opens to the public, a controversy is building among his faithful followers.


The music legend died at Paisley Park from an accidental painkiller overdose five months ago. Now, his estate is turning that complex in Chanhassen into a museum for tourists, but plans to build a fence or wall around the estate is hitting a sour note with some of Prince's most loyal fans.

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
Reply #1 posted 09/30/16 2:45am

brokenhearted1972

With all the memorabalia, instruments, and to say nothing about the music stored there, it makes sense to secure the facility. Even Graceland has a security fence.
Reply #2 posted 09/30/16 6:51am

rogifan

I'm going to predict right now that an opaque wall will not being going up at Paisley Park. The current chain link fence will most likely be replaced but not by a tall wall where you can't see inside. My guess is it was proposed by the city but not wit the full approval of the mayor or city council. In fact the mayor re-tweeted someone who said they didn't want a wall around PP. Londell McMillan also tweeted #NoWall. There will be a compromise and I'll bet the chain link fence is still there when PP opens next week.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
Reply #3 posted 09/30/16 8:42am

2freaky4church1

Trump infects even PP

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
Reply #4 posted 09/30/16 12:21pm

PurpleTrollster

**Fans** -- You're not building that FUCKING wall!
**Estate** -- That wall just got 10feet higher!
I'm not even a Trump fan, I actually think he's an idiot....I just find that funny

All jokes aside, I can see how theyre proposing it probably just for security reasons..... but don't Paisely Park already have a fence or something??? Either way it's probably not gonna be built because of the out-rage. There's other ways of using security without a giant wall in the way as rogifan said they can just replace the fence with a better fence if yhey are concerned with the fence that is already there

Someone needs to make a speech -- similar to Reagans -- and say, "DON'T BUILD THIS WALL".

4chans' ambassador to prince.org
Reply #5 posted 09/30/16 5:49pm

PennyPurple

Relax, Prince fans. Odds are there won't be a wall going up around Paisley Park after all.

Despite concerns that a rezoning plan for Prince's property mentioned the possibility of installing a perimeter fence that could block the view of the late musician's Chanhassen estate and studios, those converting the complex into a museum say they don't want to put one up.

Nor do museum operators intend to build or tear down any buildings on the 9-acre site, according to a source with the management company that will operate the Paisley Park museum.

Maybe they won't build the wall.

http://m.startribune.com/fear-not-prince-fans-paisley-park-wall-rumors-put-to-rest/395471351/

Reply #6 posted 09/30/16 6:50pm

rogifan

According to the Star Tribune the chain link fence will not be replaced by an opaque wall, provided people stop attaching things to the fence.

http://www.startribune.com/fear-not-prince-fans-paisley-park-wall-rumors-put-to-rest/395471351/

The tributes that were taken down will be photographed and digitized for an “online wall” that fans can use to post additional remembrances. The museum also will include a digital exhibit of fan artwork and other Prince tributes.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
Reply #7 posted 09/30/16 11:42pm

gollygirl

rogifan said:

According to the Star Tribune the chain link fence will not be replaced by an opaque wall, provided people stop attaching things to the fence. http://www.startribune.co...395471351/
The tributes that were taken down will be photographed and digitized for an “online wall” that fans can use to post additional remembrances. The museum also will include a digital exhibit of fan artwork and other Prince tributes.

Then I guess people really need to observe the request not to attach things to the fence if they dont want that wall - that would be the best outcome

How am I gonna fill this empty room? ☔️💜
Reply #8 posted 10/01/16 12:15am

Kara

rogifan said:

According to the Star Tribune the chain link fence will not be replaced by an opaque wall, provided people stop attaching things to the fence.

http://www.startribune.com/fear-not-prince-fans-paisley-park-wall-rumors-put-to-rest/395471351/

The tributes that were taken down will be photographed and digitized for an “online wall” that fans can use to post additional remembrances. The museum also will include a digital exhibit of fan artwork and other Prince tributes.

Good news. Let's hope fans respect that request now. I'm pleased that they've found another way to accommodate fans' tributes.
Reply #9 posted 10/01/16 1:51am

theartistirl

I don't know if it is a good idea but if they turn it into a wall it should become a prince graffiti mural for fans to share their prince art. That's what happened to u2's old studio in Dublin before money men redeveloped the area. Maybe that can be the compromise.
Reply #10 posted 10/01/16 8:12am

PennyPurple

theartistirl said:

I don't know if it is a good idea but if they turn it into a wall it should become a prince graffiti mural for fans to share their prince art. That's what happened to u2's old studio in Dublin before money men redeveloped the area. Maybe that can be the compromise.

The compromise is: don't put anything on the fence, and there won't be a wall. Sounds decent enough for me.

Reply #11 posted 10/01/16 12:09pm

FlyOnTheWall

rogifan said:

I'm going to predict right now that an opaque wall will not being going up at Paisley Park. The current chain link fence will most likely be replaced but not by a tall wall where you can't see inside. My guess is it was proposed by the city but not wit the full approval of the mayor or city council. In fact the mayor re-tweeted someone who said they didn't want a wall around PP. Londell McMillan also tweeted #NoWall. There will be a compromise and I'll bet the chain link fence is still there when PP opens next week.

I agree. The chain link fence will still be there next week, but I predict that its days are numbered. More than likely, it will be replaced with a nicer, more substantial fence, perhaps wrought iron, but I doubt that it will be opaque.

Reply #12 posted 10/01/16 12:12pm

Mumio

PennyPurple said:

The compromise is: don't put anything on the fence, and there won't be a wall. Sounds decent enough for me.

More than decent imo. They have put it out there, freaked everyone out about it, and now say it won't happen unless people don't mind the rules. That puts compliance on the fans to ensure the fence remains chain link. But you can rest assured that many of those who feel entitled to do whatever the hell they want in regard to all things Prince will defy those rules. The blame will land squarely on the fans when/if the fence is changed. Smart thinking from the powers that be to have dumped it squarely on the fans. I hope people do the right thing.

[Edited 10/1/16 12:14pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
Reply #13 posted 10/01/16 12:43pm

PurpleTrollster

If fans do break the rules and force them to replace the fence with a wall then they should name it THE GREAT WALL OF PAISLEY PARK

4chans' ambassador to prince.org
Reply #14 posted 10/01/16 1:06pm

Starrdust505

Mumio said:

PennyPurple said:

The compromise is: don't put anything on the fence, and there won't be a wall. Sounds decent enough for me.

More than decent imo. They have put it out there, freaked everyone out about it, and now say it won't happen unless people don't mind the rules. That puts compliance on the fans to ensure the fence remains chain link. But you can rest assured that many of those who feel entitled to do whatever the hell they want in regard to all things Prince will defy those rules. The blame will land squarely on the fans when/if the fence is changed. Smart thinking from the powers that be to have dumped it squarely on the fans. I hope people do the right thing.

[Edited 10/1/16 12:14pm]

I totally agree, I read somewhere, I can't remember where now as my brain has been purple overloaded nuts rolleyes that they have taken pictures of some of the items removed from the wall and that they are going to include them in the museum, but they are also going to incorporate them into some kind of virtual wall that fans can add memento's to. I'm hoping that in addition to this they also find a spot at Paisley too to avert those hard of hearing fans that won't stick to the rules.

[Edited 10/1/16 13:06pm]

Come now, isn't life a little better with a pair of good shoes? - Prince 1985
Reply #15 posted 10/02/16 5:21pm

Scarfo

2freaky4church1 said:

Trump infects even PP

HA! biggrin

Reply #16 posted 10/03/16 12:59am

rogifan

FlyOnTheWall said:

 



rogifan said:


I'm going to predict right now that an opaque wall will not being going up at Paisley Park. The current chain link fence will most likely be replaced but not by a tall wall where you can't see inside. My guess is it was proposed by the city but not wit the full approval of the mayor or city council. In fact the mayor re-tweeted someone who said they didn't want a wall around PP. Londell McMillan also tweeted #NoWall. There will be a compromise and I'll bet the chain link fence is still there when PP opens next week.

I agree. The chain link fence will still be there next week, but I predict that its days are numbered. More than likely, it will be replaced with a nicer, more substantial fence, perhaps wrought iron, but I doubt that it will be opaque.


Replacing it with a nicer fence that still lets people see inside is fine with me. We'll never know exactly how serious they were about this opaque wall but it seems they got the message.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
Reply #17 posted 10/04/16 8:57am

StopIt

Guess this means fans will patrol around whatever fence/wall ends up remaining to remove other fans' items.

There are a few org members who love to impose their faux-authority who could crown themselves with that duty.

Give me a break sheep.

Reply #18 posted 10/04/16 11:23am

morningsong

Looks like a wall is the least of their problems.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
Reply #19 posted 10/06/16 5:34am

FUNKNROLL

...
[Edited 10/6/16 5:38am]
Reply #20 posted 11/05/16 9:59am

Jon1967

A see thru wall .. it'll get scratched n water stained over time if its plastic.. glass will shatter so what are they thinking ?

URL: http://prince.org/msg/7/433038/Proposed-Wall-Around-Paisley-Park-Sparks-Prince-Fans-Outrage

Date printed: Sun 10th Dec 2017 4:22pm PST