independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 21st May 2019 7:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Poll: Are YOU planning a trip to Paisley Park?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/03/16 12:14pm

sro100

avatar

Poll: Are YOU planning a trip to Paisley Park?

Not a discussion about the place or such...

Just simply:

Are YOU planning to go to the museum and when?

Me:

I'm hoping to check it out around Thanksgiving.

And Y'ALL?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/03/16 12:20pm

fishwillbite

avatar

Yes.

I'm planning to head out to Paisley Park from the UK within a year, before the public's interest wanes and the tours close down.

PIPS! Eurgh...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/03/16 12:43pm

Guitarhero

Am in the UK , so next spring for me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/03/16 12:46pm

disch

Yes possibly as soon as late October.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/03/16 1:05pm

Izzybee20

Yes, bought my ticket for Friday Oct 14th, since I plan on hopefully travelling to Minneapolis for the tribute concert; Coming from WV and don't know when I'll get the chance to come back, so even though some may feel it's too soon, it just makes sense for my situation.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/03/16 1:12pm

theartistirl

Yes, but not until next year when I would have funds.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/03/16 1:33pm

rainbowchild

avatar

No, not in the near future anyway. Maybe in another year or two or five or ten. Depending on how I feel. Nothing I will ever do can bring Prince back. sad
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."

"Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?"

"We had fun, didn't we?"
-Prince (1958-2016) 4ever in my life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/03/16 1:35pm

Morningstarlet

avatar

Next July, Lord willing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/03/16 1:41pm

NorthC

No. First I'd need to get the €€ for a jet ticket 2 the flag. And once I'd have that, I would have to make it part of a bigger vacation to the US because I sure as hell ain't gonna visit your country just to see Paisley Park and go back. And I'm sorry for all you Americans, but there's more interesting countries in the world to visit than the land of Coca Cola... Right now I'm undecided between Colombia and Ethiopia... So... No way I'm going to spend €€€ on a trip to the land of fat people (once again, sorry, Americans, but that's the image you have in the rest of the world.)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/03/16 1:51pm

traceyp23

sro100 said:

Not a discussion about the place or such...



Just simply:



Are YOU planning to go to the museum and when?



Me:



I'm hoping to check it out around Thanksgiving.



And Y'ALL?


Yes. As soon as I can be anywhere near that elevator without getting physically ill.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/03/16 1:54pm

mikeyaddict

avatar

No. And even if I lived in the USA I wouldn't want to. I know I'm in the minority.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/03/16 1:57pm

NorthC

mikeyaddict said:

No. And even if I lived in the USA I wouldn't want to. I know I'm in the minority.

You're not alone, Mike. And this says nothing about Prince nor the good intentions of Tyka. It just means that not every Prince fan has a need to visit PP. hug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/03/16 2:14pm

ScarLett

avatar

Nope... I'm good
~Live Free ... Be Wyld~AlwaysOnlyMakeBelieve - LiveUrLyfe... laissez le bon temps rouler...vivre sans être sauvage...हमेशा ही बना विश्वास ~Change and do so CONSTANTLY...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/03/16 2:18pm

BillieBalloon

I've been.
It's in my heart.

biggrin
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/03/16 2:22pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

NorthC said:

No. First I'd need to get the €€ for a jet ticket 2 the flag. And once I'd have that, I would have to make it part of a bigger vacation to the US because I sure as hell ain't gonna visit your country just to see Paisley Park and go back. And I'm sorry for all you Americans, but there's more interesting countries in the world to visit than the land of Coca Cola... Right now I'm undecided between Colombia and Ethiopia... So... No way I'm going to spend €€€ on a trip to the land of fat people (once again, sorry, Americans, but that's the image you have in the rest of the world.)

omg drink

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/03/16 2:23pm

least87

I've just recently joined prince.org and this is my first post. Yes, I am planning to visit PP on October 9.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/03/16 2:47pm

Angelsoncrack

avatar

Yup, but it won't be for a while. Got a lot of stuff to save up for otherwise and coming from the UK will be very costly, but I hope I make it before I turn 25.

✿Prince and lawsuits. Still a better love-story than Twilight. ✿

@Spoookyelectric ← Follow me on Twitter!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/03/16 2:50pm

BillieBalloon

NorthC said:

No. First I'd need to get the €€ for a jet ticket 2 the flag. And once I'd have that, I would have to make it part of a bigger vacation to the US because I sure as hell ain't gonna visit your country just to see Paisley Park and go back. And I'm sorry for all you Americans, but there's more interesting countries in the world to visit than the land of Coca Cola... Right now I'm undecided between Colombia and Ethiopia... So... No way I'm going to spend €€€ on a trip to the land of fat people (once again, sorry, Americans, but that's the image you have in the rest of the world.)



Don't hold back now, tell em what you really think.

BTW, Prince was from fatsville too as you put it.
[Edited 9/3/16 14:51pm]
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/03/16 2:55pm

Doozer

avatar

NorthC said:

No. First I'd need to get the €€ for a jet ticket 2 the flag. And once I'd have that, I would have to make it part of a bigger vacation to the US because I sure as hell ain't gonna visit your country just to see Paisley Park and go back. And I'm sorry for all you Americans, but there's more interesting countries in the world to visit than the land of Coca Cola... Right now I'm undecided between Colombia and Ethiopia... So... No way I'm going to spend €€€ on a trip to the land of fat people (once again, sorry, Americans, but that's the image you have in the rest of the world.)

Hahaha good grief.

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/03/16 2:57pm

Doozer

avatar

Yes, going on Nov 4, VIP tour in the morning and on the last GA tour of the day. Have tickets for the tours, flight and hotel, and am going to toodle around Minneapolis while there for 2 days.

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/03/16 2:57pm

GimmeThat

Yes, next spring.
2 sevens together
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/03/16 2:57pm

NorthC

purplethunder3121 said:



NorthC said:


No. First I'd need to get the €€ for a jet ticket 2 the flag. And once I'd have that, I would have to make it part of a bigger vacation to the US because I sure as hell ain't gonna visit your country just to see Paisley Park and go back. And I'm sorry for all you Americans, but there's more interesting countries in the world to visit than the land of Coca Cola... Right now I'm undecided between Colombia and Ethiopia... So... No way I'm going to spend €€€ on a trip to the land of fat people (once again, sorry, Americans, but that's the image you have in the rest of the world.)

omg drink


Actually "the land of Coca Cola" is a Bob Dylan quote from When I Paint My Masterpiece.
[Edited 9/3/16 14:59pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/03/16 3:00pm

Mumio

avatar

Doozer said:

NorthC said:

No. First I'd need to get the €€ for a jet ticket 2 the flag. And once I'd have that, I would have to make it part of a bigger vacation to the US because I sure as hell ain't gonna visit your country just to see Paisley Park and go back. And I'm sorry for all you Americans, but there's more interesting countries in the world to visit than the land of Coca Cola... Right now I'm undecided between Colombia and Ethiopia... So... No way I'm going to spend €€€ on a trip to the land of fat people (once again, sorry, Americans, but that's the image you have in the rest of the world.)

Hahaha good grief.


Good grief is right neutral Uh, that's pretty rude NorthC confused Should I make assumptions about you based on hearsay?

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/03/16 3:02pm

Mumio

avatar

I am hoping for next spring...we'll see how I am then. I have no intentions of going if all I'm going to do is cry, which is about where I am right now.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/03/16 3:13pm

Guitarhero

Mumio said:

I am hoping for next spring...we'll see how I am then. I have no intentions of going if all I'm going to do is cry, which is about where I am right now.

hug A lot of people seem to be getting rude hunni , i have noticed it from a few i would not expect it from. Just ignore xxx

[Edited 9/3/16 15:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/03/16 3:46pm

1contessa

No.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/03/16 3:47pm

Elodie

avatar

Went in June. Very bittersweet experience. Was lovely to finally go to the place I'd heard about for years. Went to a tribute by the NPG (sobbed my heart out when they played Sometimes It Snows In April), met the band, caught some of them again in Bunkers (Dr Mambo's Combo are amazing), went to a Prince Transmission night in First Avenue, did a massive Prince tour (driven round Minneapolis for 7 hours by a woman I'd met in First Avenue (while I was crying my eyes out), went to Electric Fetus a few times and saw a show in the Dakota jazz club (was given Prince's table(s). I met so many lovely, lovely people. I quickly understood why Prince never left. I arrived knowing no one and left having connected with some truly beautiful people. All the shows were sold out but I managed to find tickets. There was lots of hugging in the streets, conversations with random strangers, lots of laughing and crying. After a few days I plucked up the courage to go to Paisley Park to leave my tribute. I walked from the bus station in Chanhassen in the pouring down rain but I played '17 days' and some other Prince songs and didn't care about the rain one bit. In fact it felt rather symbolic. The trees smelt lovely. Typical, I thought! I met another lovely woman outside PP. we chatted about Prince for about an hour in the pouring down rain. We hugged random people who looked like their world had just fallen apart. This woman I met gave me a lift back to Minneapolis, even though she'd only just met me. I went back to Paisley on his birthday (driven by another woman I'd met in Bunkers a few nights before). The whole experience was beautiful. The only thing that would have made it better is if someone had told me it was all a lie and that Prince was safe and well in inside, polishing his vault tapes! Still can't get my head around it. I know he's gone. I've been to Minneapolis, I've seen some of the tributes but my heart just doesn't want to accept it. I thank the people of Minneapolis, including Prince for looking after me during my visit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/03/16 3:53pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Right now I have mixed feelings about that............ eventually I will for sure.

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/03/16 4:07pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Elodie said:

Went in June. Very bittersweet experience. Was lovely to finally go to the place I'd heard about for years. Went to a tribute by the NPG (sobbed my heart out when they played Sometimes It Snows In April), met the band, caught some of them again in Bunkers (Dr Mambo's Combo are amazing), went to a Prince Transmission night in First Avenue, did a massive Prince tour (driven round Minneapolis for 7 hours by a woman I'd met in First Avenue (while I was crying my eyes out), went to Electric Fetus a few times and saw a show in the Dakota jazz club (was given Prince's table(s). I met so many lovely, lovely people. I quickly understood why Prince never left. I arrived knowing no one and left having connected with some truly beautiful people. All the shows were sold out but I managed to find tickets. There was lots of hugging in the streets, conversations with random strangers, lots of laughing and crying. After a few days I plucked up the courage to go to Paisley Park to leave my tribute. I walked from the bus station in Chanhassen in the pouring down rain but I played '17 days' and some other Prince songs and didn't care about the rain one bit. In fact it felt rather symbolic. The trees smelt lovely. Typical, I thought! I met another lovely woman outside PP. we chatted about Prince for about an hour in the pouring down rain. We hugged random people who looked like their world had just fallen apart. This woman I met gave me a lift back to Minneapolis, even though she'd only just met me. I went back to Paisley on his birthday (driven by another woman I'd met in Bunkers a few nights before). The whole experience was beautiful. The only thing that would have made it better is if someone had told me it was all a lie and that Prince was safe and well in inside, polishing his vault tapes! Still can't get my head around it. I know he's gone. I've been to Minneapolis, I've seen some of the tributes but my heart just doesn't want to accept it. I thank the people of Minneapolis, including Prince for looking after me during my visit.

That's beautiful. yes

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/03/16 4:09pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

NorthC said:

purplethunder3121 said:

omg drink

Actually "the land of Coca Cola" is a Bob Dylan quote from When I Paint My Masterpiece. [Edited 9/3/16 14:59pm]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Poll: Are YOU planning a trip to Paisley Park?