independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 20th Aug 2017 3:50pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Sometimes It Snows In April - - pt 2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 07/03/16 11:41am

ACharmed1

purplethunder3121 said:

LuxLove said:

Ahhhh this is so cool! What a great story. Prince would absolutely love that, you just know he would!!!

Honk if you love Prince! cool

Aww thank U Lux, that's a sweet thought. mushy

Beep beep purplethunder!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 07/06/16 10:20am

LBrent

OzlemUcucu said:

I find it harder everyday. I miss him and I am going crazy and I feel like I am alone with this. Has everyone already moved on? sad



I haven't "moved on". I doubt I ever will.

I greedily and guilty watch and re-watch every official video, every unofficial recorded whatever, every live performance, every interview, every prank, every rehearsal, anything and everything YouTube suddenly has to offer.

I hope he understands my obsession with not losing him entirely.

I sing (I think I have an awful voice, but I sing loud anyway), I cry, I laugh, I love, I long, and I remember.

I'm an emotional mess sometimes and sometimes I'm not.

I grieve and mourn, but mostly I remember. I just remember.
[Edited 7/6/16 10:27am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 07/06/16 8:03pm

free2bfreeda

today i said to myself, :i'm not logging in to prince.org, i've got to move on". then i find myself thinking about him.

i remember in the past (before he passed on) wondering and hoping that he'd see my post and read my opinions on various topics and threads.

can you believe that many times i thought i felt his presence? i mean sometimes i'd imagine his just stopping by the org to read all our post.

yes, i even dreamed about Prince over the years. not often and never sexual in content. dreams like meeting him, he'd invite me to ride down highway 1 on the cali coast and we'd just talk about mundane topics.

this site bonded many of us orgers together in his name. i guess i'm hooked. but i've just got to let go and let his spirit travel on.

I really still miss him being alive on this earth in my/our space in time, i never really knew how much until this moment.

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated image

i guess i really loved Prince on a multi-dimensional level.

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 07/07/16 7:16pm

nursev

free2bfreeda said:

today i said to myself, :i'm not logging in to prince.org, i've got to move on". then i find myself thinking about him.

i remember in the past (before he passed on) wondering and hoping that he'd see my post and read my opinions on various topics and threads.

can you believe that many times i thought i felt his presence? i mean sometimes i'd imagine his just stopping by the org to read all our post.

yes, i even dreamed about Prince over the years. not often and never sexual in content. dreams like meeting him, he'd invite me to ride down highway 1 on the cali coast and we'd just talk about mundane topics.

this site bonded many of us orgers together in his name. i guess i'm hooked. but i've just got to let go and let his spirit travel on.

I really still miss him being alive on this earth in my/our space in time, i never really knew how much until this moment.

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated image

i guess i really loved Prince on a multi-dimensional level.

Beautiful...needs to be on the front page of the Org.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 07/07/16 8:26pm

free2bfreeda

nursev said:

free2bfreeda said:

Related image

Beautiful...needs to be on the front page of the Org.

hug ur words r so kind & beautiful nursev hug

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 07/07/16 9:22pm

nursev

free2bfreeda said:

nursev said:

Beautiful...needs to be on the front page of the Org.

hug ur words r so kind & beautiful nursev hug

hug Let me ask Luv and see if they can put it on there

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 07/07/16 9:51pm

nursev

Freeda look at the front page razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 07/07/16 10:06pm

free2bfreeda

nursev said:

Freeda look at the front page razz

prince rainbow a very humble thx 2 U nursev

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 07/08/16 5:47pm

Purplestar88

It's been hard but it's getting better. I finally see the dark clouds lifting up. Prince is one of a kind.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 07/10/16 10:52am

Wlcm2thdwn3

avatar

Maybe he's better off than he was before,
a whole lot better off than the fools he left here.
Sometimes it snows in April___Prince. neutral

How long do you wanna be loved. Is forever enough, is forever enough?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 07/10/16 3:09pm

anangellooksdo
wn

Thought I'd post this here.

I was wondering today if people have stopped crying.

I'm not sobbing like I was for the first 6 weeks but I still cry and just can't believe this all when I really think about it.

a few of you mentioned something really important that I've been thinking about too. I feel guilty because I'm not "letting him go". I have apologized to him many times for this. I want to do what he wants but I guess I'm frikkin selfish.

I got the idea that he wants us to let him go from one of the posts here, a video of a psychic or medium that seemed extremely accurate. I love whad she said, that he is happier where he is...she also said that he hasn't had "that kind of love" in a long long time, which made me sad. But she also said he wants us to let him go.

Did you all get the idea of "letting him go" from that video, or somewhere else?
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 07/10/16 8:06pm

free2bfreeda

anangellooksdown said:

Thought I'd post this here. I was wondering today if people have stopped crying. I'm not sobbing like I was for the first 6 weeks but I still cry and just can't believe this all when I really think about it. a few of you mentioned something really important that I've been thinking about too. I feel guilty because I'm not "letting him go". I have apologized to him many times for this. I want to do what he wants but I guess I'm frikkin selfish. I got the idea that he wants us to let him go from one of the posts here, a video of a psychic or medium that seemed extremely accurate. I love whad she said, that he is happier where he is...she also said that he hasn't had "that kind of love" in a long long time, which made me sad. But she also said he wants us to let him go. Did you all get the idea of "letting him go" from that video, or somewhere else?

the idea of "letting him go," is from listening to adults i was around while growing up. i was taught that the grieving process should not extend too long because the spirit/soul of the person that has passed on out of this realm lingers because they want to comfort those in sorrow. in doing so it slows down the progression and the new path that they are on.

it's so difficult to let go, but necessary (or so it's been said).

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 07/11/16 4:44am

Boriqua1130

avatar

Prince, I will never forget you, nor your music. I celebrate your life.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿 dove 🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿



🌿🌹🌿 Peace be upon all who love you 🌿🌹🌿 hug


Dearest Org
I have never mourn for an artist as I have for Mr. Nelson. Becoming a fan of his music at age 31. I wrote this man a letter (fam much?) as if I was a school girl ("OH PRINNNNCCCE!" lol ) (fam much?!) Fast forward to April 21st 2016...I am now 62 years experienced. My soulmate of 32 years died on my mom's birthday last year & two Songwriters (Glenn Frey & Prince Rogers Nelson) whom helped me love my beloved through his bitterness, passed months within each other. Life is what it is. Death is an appointment we all have. I refuse to allow sorrow take my recall of the beauty in the music created by these gifted men, especially Prince's music. No disrespect to Mr. Frey nor to The Eagles. I choose to move forward no matter how much the sum of five months of agony of not knowing if my beloved "LemonDrop" was alive or part of eternity. (I left him in 2010 but we remained good friends.). There is no doubt I will cry from time to time. And Lord God Jesus help me! When Prince's music & falsetto catches me by surprise...and I recall "He too has died." This age & white hair will also remember with gratefulness "I witness this time of great talent & what a ride it was!" woot!
[Edited 7/11/16 14:34pm]
I'll 💚 "LemonDrop" 2DN 💋 your "Sugar"

Prince: TY! 🌹 🎶🎸🎶 💜 Rex
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 07/11/16 5:23am

anangellooksdo
wn

free2bfreeda said:



anangellooksdown said:


Thought I'd post this here. I was wondering today if people have stopped crying. I'm not sobbing like I was for the first 6 weeks but I still cry and just can't believe this all when I really think about it. a few of you mentioned something really important that I've been thinking about too. I feel guilty because I'm not "letting him go". I have apologized to him many times for this. I want to do what he wants but I guess I'm frikkin selfish. I got the idea that he wants us to let him go from one of the posts here, a video of a psychic or medium that seemed extremely accurate. I love whad she said, that he is happier where he is...she also said that he hasn't had "that kind of love" in a long long time, which made me sad. But she also said he wants us to let him go. Did you all get the idea of "letting him go" from that video, or somewhere else?

the idea of "letting him go," is from listening to adults i was around while growing up. i was taught that the grieving process should not extend too long because the spirit/soul of the person that has passed on out of this realm lingers because they want to comfort those in sorrow. in doing so it slows down the progression and the new path that they are on.


it's so difficult to let go, but necessary (or so it's been said).



Thanks doll. This sounds right to me.
Helped me a lot yesterday and last night.
I feel my sadness getting better.
I'm mostly thinking about wanting our man's spirit to be happy and at peace.
And praying for that a lot last night.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 07/13/16 5:26pm

CalhounSq

avatar

anangellooksdown said:

Thought I'd post this here. I was wondering today if people have stopped crying. I'm not sobbing like I was for the first 6 weeks but I still cry and just can't believe this all when I really think about it. a few of you mentioned something really important that I've been thinking about too. I feel guilty because I'm not "letting him go". I have apologized to him many times for this. I want to do what he wants but I guess I'm frikkin selfish. I got the idea that he wants us to let him go from one of the posts here, a video of a psychic or medium that seemed extremely accurate. I love whad she said, that he is happier where he is...she also said that he hasn't had "that kind of love" in a long long time, which made me sad. But she also said he wants us to let him go. Did you all get the idea of "letting him go" from that video, or somewhere else?

It still swells up & comes out of my eyes, especially when I get to thinking I'm over it. About an hour ago I was catching up on some magazines I've been ignoring. Read the Chris Rock interview in an issue of Essence that's a few months old. He mentions how he tries to stay current with the music he listens to so he can relate to his teen daughters, & that they refer to his Prince tracks as "daddy music". THAT made me tear up falloff I had Future Soul Song playing at the time, so it just gutted me for a second. & that's not the only time today that it hit me. I dunno man, this process is so long. I feel like there won't be a time when I don't mourn him on some level. I need enjoyment of him to kick in again, I fucking NEED that. Thank God for 20TEN - somehow I'm able to listen to that & mostly just enjoy it. There are times I skip Future Soul Song & Walk In Sand because they hit me too deep, but it's what I've been able to enjoy lately. I want the whole catalogue back in my life, but I'm still not ready. Maybe I need to just cry through it all, I dunno. I don't really have time to do that right now confused fuck sad

heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 07/13/16 6:03pm

free2bfreeda

anangellooksdown said:

free2bfreeda said:

the idea of "letting him go," is from listening to adults i was around while growing up. i was taught that the grieving process should not extend too long because the spirit/soul of the person that has passed on out of this realm lingers because they want to comfort those in sorrow. in doing so it slows down the progression and the new path that they are on.

it's so difficult to let go, but necessary (or so it's been said).

Thanks doll. This sounds right to me. Helped me a lot yesterday and last night. I feel my sadness getting better. I'm mostly thinking about wanting our man's spirit to be happy and at peace. And praying for that a lot last night.

hug your welcome. thx 4 ur kind words. dove

Related imageRelated imageRelated image Related image

>

eye hope the pain will continue 2 subside hug

[Edited 7/13/16 18:09pm]

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 07/15/16 5:23am

LBrent

OzlemUcucu said:

I find it harder everyday. I miss him and I am going crazy and I feel like I am alone with this. Has everyone already moved on? sad



I haven't. I cry, then I'll see a funny P moment and laugh.

I'm not going anywhere. Ever.

hug
[Edited 7/15/16 5:30am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 07/15/16 3:50pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Just tried opening up and discussing what Prince's music meant to me and trying to understand why the loss of someone I never met personally has hit me so hard with someone I've known for years... The response was very negative and discouraging. She seemed to be under the impression that Prince was a long-time drug user (abuser) and gave me a side-eye when I tried to discuss the fact that for the majority of Prince's life he was known to be anti-drugs and that something must have driven him to start taking prescription pain killers in the first place. She said yeah, Fentanyl was the cause of his passing but he was on other drugs. I stated again that there had to be a reason for Prince taking painkillers in the first place. Again, the old-fashioned look as if I was ignorant or naive. I knew better but then I stated that it must be in recent years that the addiction took hold, bringing up the example of the last performance I saw in 2014. All she said was: "Yeah, but you know he was on drugs then, too, don't you?" I gave up. I should have known better than to discuss Prince with someone who doesn't "get it." It still breaks my heart though that now he is thought of as "oh, yeah, that drug addict." sad The sum of one's life isn't some of it's parts. BTW this is someone in the health field. sigh

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 07/15/16 4:10pm

CalhounSq

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

Just tried opening up and discussing what Prince's music meant to me and trying to understand why the loss of someone I never met personally has hit me so hard with someone I've known for years... The response was very negative and discouraging. She seemed to be under the impression that Prince was a long-time drug user (abuser) and gave me a side-eye when I tried to discuss the fact that for the majority of Prince's life he was known to be anti-drugs and that something must have driven him to start taking prescription pain killers in the first place. She said yeah, Fentanyl was the cause of his passing but he was on other drugs. I stated again that there had to be a reason for Prince taking painkillers in the first place. Again, the old-fashioned look as if I was ignorant or naive. I knew better but then I stated that it must be in recent years that the addiction took hold, bringing up the example of the last performance I saw in 2014. All she said was: "Yeah, but you know he was on drugs then, too, don't you?" I gave up. I should have known better than to discuss Prince with someone who doesn't "get it." It still breaks my heart though that now he is thought of as "oh, yeah, that drug addict." sad The sum of one's life isn't some of it's parts. BTW this is someone in the health field. sigh


People are fucking DUMB. Anyone with any sense KNOWS damn well that dude was not some dopehead. I don't know how this shit got hold of him, but I know it had to be fairly recent. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise. hug
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 07/15/16 4:18pm

roxy831

avatar

Yeah, it's been a 'relapse' day for me...listening to the last two year's of his music has got me feelin' some kinda way. The tone seems different from the past 10 years. The beauty of him combining hard rock with funk was so beautiful to hear, almost like there was finally...."balance." Yeah, that's the only way I can describe it. Anyway, I guess the 'ebb and flow' will last for quite a while. I'm so grateful to be able to dialogue with you all cuz there is NOBODY in my circle of influence I can talk to about this....especially after 2.5 months AND not knowing him AND not being able to explain the way he passed OR be able to help others understand how he influenced my life in ways that are really tangible. You're definitely not alone, purplethunder3121.

Welcome home class. We've come a long way. - RIP Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 07/15/16 4:30pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

CalhounSq said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Just tried opening up and discussing what Prince's music meant to me and trying to understand why the loss of someone I never met personally has hit me so hard with someone I've known for years... The response was very negative and discouraging. She seemed to be under the impression that Prince was a long-time drug user (abuser) and gave me a side-eye when I tried to discuss the fact that for the majority of Prince's life he was known to be anti-drugs and that something must have driven him to start taking prescription pain killers in the first place. She said yeah, Fentanyl was the cause of his passing but he was on other drugs. I stated again that there had to be a reason for Prince taking painkillers in the first place. Again, the old-fashioned look as if I was ignorant or naive. I knew better but then I stated that it must be in recent years that the addiction took hold, bringing up the example of the last performance I saw in 2014. All she said was: "Yeah, but you know he was on drugs then, too, don't you?" I gave up. I should have known better than to discuss Prince with someone who doesn't "get it." It still breaks my heart though that now he is thought of as "oh, yeah, that drug addict." sad The sum of one's life isn't some of it's parts. BTW this is someone in the health field. sigh

People are fucking DUMB. Anyone with any sense KNOWS damn well that dude was not some dopehead. I don't know how this shit got hold of him, but I know it had to be fairly recent. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise. hug

AMEN to that! Thank God, Prince.org is still here with people who "get it." Get Prince and what he meant AND STILL MEANS to us. grouphug The first day that I've cried in a while. Thank you all for sticking around. touched

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 07/15/16 4:34pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

roxy831 said:

Yeah, it's been a 'relapse' day for me...listening to the last two year's of his music has got me feelin' some kinda way. The tone seems different from the past 10 years. The beauty of him combining hard rock with funk was so beautiful to hear, almost like there was finally...."balance." Yeah, that's the only way I can describe it. Anyway, I guess the 'ebb and flow' will last for quite a while. I'm so grateful to be able to dialogue with you all cuz there is NOBODY in my circle of influence I can talk to about this....especially after 2.5 months AND not knowing him AND not being able to explain the way he passed OR be able to help others understand how he influenced my life in ways that are really tangible. You're definitely not alone, purplethunder3121.

Neither are you, roxy831! Trying to verbalize what Prince's music meant to my life and got me through so many hard knock AND good times was difficult. And I feel bad that I was unable to make someone understand (or even be open to understanding) what that entailed. To echo your words, Prince brought BALANCE into my life when I most needed it. I totally "get" where you are coming from. :hugs:

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 07/15/16 4:59pm

free2bfreeda

purplethunder3121 said:

Just tried opening up and discussing what Prince's music meant to me and trying to understand why the loss of someone I never met personally has hit me so hard with someone I've known for years... The response was very negative and discouraging. She seemed to be under the impression that Prince was a long-time drug user (abuser) and gave me a side-eye when I tried to discuss the fact that for the majority of Prince's life he was known to be anti-drugs and that something must have driven him to start taking prescription pain killers in the first place. She said yeah, Fentanyl was the cause of his passing but he was on other drugs. I stated again that there had to be a reason for Prince taking painkillers in the first place. Again, the old-fashioned look as if I was ignorant or naive. I knew better but then I stated that it must be in recent years that the addiction took hold, bringing up the example of the last performance I saw in 2014. All she said was: "Yeah, but you know he was on drugs then, too, don't you?" I gave up. I should have known better than to discuss Prince with someone who doesn't "get it." It still breaks my heart though that now he is thought of as "oh, yeah, that drug addict." sad The sum of one's life isn't some of it's parts. BTW this is someone in the health field. sigh

there are those that are attracted to the cyber gossip cites along with those that embrace the raggish gossip magazines.

thus the embellishing gossip mongers with no mind of their own. obviously she was never n 2 Prince.

oh well, that's her loss.

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 07/15/16 5:03pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

free2bfreeda said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Just tried opening up and discussing what Prince's music meant to me and trying to understand why the loss of someone I never met personally has hit me so hard with someone I've known for years... The response was very negative and discouraging. She seemed to be under the impression that Prince was a long-time drug user (abuser) and gave me a side-eye when I tried to discuss the fact that for the majority of Prince's life he was known to be anti-drugs and that something must have driven him to start taking prescription pain killers in the first place. She said yeah, Fentanyl was the cause of his passing but he was on other drugs. I stated again that there had to be a reason for Prince taking painkillers in the first place. Again, the old-fashioned look as if I was ignorant or naive. I knew better but then I stated that it must be in recent years that the addiction took hold, bringing up the example of the last performance I saw in 2014. All she said was: "Yeah, but you know he was on drugs then, too, don't you?" I gave up. I should have known better than to discuss Prince with someone who doesn't "get it." It still breaks my heart though that now he is thought of as "oh, yeah, that drug addict." sad The sum of one's life isn't some of it's parts. BTW this is someone in the health field. sigh

there are those that are attracted to the cyber gossip cites along with those that embrace the raggish gossip magazines.

thus the embellishing gossip mongers with no mind of their own. obviously she was never n 2 Prince.

oh well, that's her loss.

Indeed. But, not our's. And in defiance of that distasteful conversation--I am playing my favorite Prince tunes full blast. Starting with the epic America 12 inch!!! hmph!

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 07/15/16 5:17pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Speaking of "getting" Prince and his music, I am so happy to see so many young people discovering and appreciating Prince's music for the first time. I don't think my son would have understood what Prince's music meant to my life (despite having heard it many times as he grew up) if we hadn't shared going to many Prince concerts together, including the last two we went to in 2014. After those, he told me, "Mom, thanks for taking me to see Prince. That was the best concert I've ever been to." This, after having seen Prince before... He "gets" it. wink

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 07/15/16 5:18pm

CalhounSq

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

free2bfreeda said:

there are those that are attracted to the cyber gossip cites along with those that embrace the raggish gossip magazines.

thus the embellishing gossip mongers with no mind of their own. obviously she was never n 2 Prince.

oh well, that's her loss.

Indeed. But, not our's. And in defiance of that distasteful conversation--I am playing my favorite Prince tunes full blast. Starting with the epic America 12 inch!!! hmph!

HELL YEA!!! headbang

heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 07/15/16 5:53pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

CalhounSq said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Indeed. But, not our's. And in defiance of that distasteful conversation--I am playing my favorite Prince tunes full blast. Starting with the epic America 12 inch!!! hmph!

HELL YEA!!! headbang

Right now on play--my song of the day--LETITGO!!! Ironic that the lyrics contain "Everybody's high except for me..." confused Hello!!! All you ignorant people out there!

[Edited 7/15/16 18:04pm]

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 07/15/16 5:53pm

roxy831

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

roxy831 said:

Yeah, it's been a 'relapse' day for me...listening to the last two year's of his music has got me feelin' some kinda way. The tone seems different from the past 10 years. The beauty of him combining hard rock with funk was so beautiful to hear, almost like there was finally...."balance." Yeah, that's the only way I can describe it. Anyway, I guess the 'ebb and flow' will last for quite a while. I'm so grateful to be able to dialogue with you all cuz there is NOBODY in my circle of influence I can talk to about this....especially after 2.5 months AND not knowing him AND not being able to explain the way he passed OR be able to help others understand how he influenced my life in ways that are really tangible. You're definitely not alone, purplethunder3121.

Neither are you, roxy831! Trying to verbalize what Prince's music meant to my life and got me through so many hard knock AND good times was difficult. And I feel bad that I was unable to make someone understand (or even be open to understanding) what that entailed. To echo your words, Prince brought BALANCE into my life when I most needed it. I totally "get" where you are coming from. :hugs:

grouphug thank you!! This means much to me...

Welcome home class. We've come a long way. - RIP Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 07/15/16 5:56pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

roxy831 said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Neither are you, roxy831! Trying to verbalize what Prince's music meant to my life and got me through so many hard knock AND good times was difficult. And I feel bad that I was unable to make someone understand (or even be open to understanding) what that entailed. To echo your words, Prince brought BALANCE into my life when I most needed it. I totally "get" where you are coming from. :hugs:

grouphug thank you!! This means much to me...

To all of us in the same boat. May you have a great weekend. And for the first time in a long time, I am having a full Prince music evening. And enjoying every last note. wink May his music continue to be the soundtrack of our lives for as long as we are here! yes prince

[Edited 7/15/16 17:57pm]

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 07/15/16 6:03pm

roxy831

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

Speaking of "getting" Prince and his music, I am so happy to see so many young people discovering and appreciating Prince's music for the first time. I don't think my son would have understood what Prince's music meant to my life (despite having heard it many times as he grew up) if we hadn't shared going to many Prince concerts together, including the last two we went to in 2014. After those, he told me, "Mom, thanks for taking me to see Prince. That was the best concert I've ever been to." This, after having seen Prince before... He "gets" it. wink

o somuch appeciate you. Thank you for sharing!

Welcome home class. We've come a long way. - RIP Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Sometimes It Snows In April - - pt 2