independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 17th Aug 2017 2:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Dowloadable Patch for Prince Interactive
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/24/13 9:04pm

ArtRockFAN

Dowloadable Patch for Prince Interactive

Is there a patch where I can play Interactive in XP without glitches? Thank you
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/24/13 9:10pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

From the bowels of the org:

Try http://prince.org/msg/7/262976


http://prince.org/msg/7/141590


In the Google custom search box (upper right of your screen) type in Prince interactive xp. Search should come up with a slew of threads. Hopes this helps.

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/24/13 9:39pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Make an .INI file

Name it INTRACTV.INI

Place it in C:\WINDOWS



Copy and paste the text below in the .INI file


[ZIPPER]
CDROMDRIVE=C:\INTRACTV:
WORKINGDIRECTORY=C:\INTRACTV
SOURCEDIRECTORY=C:\INTRACTV
BUFFERSIZE=20000


Notice i have mine directed to the C: Drive
*This is because i copied the game folder directly to my computer*
Change the drive lefter to that of your CD Rom Drive. Or copy it to your computer like i did


Open the game folder, run the program PROGRAM.EXE and the game should run straight with out installation
Good luck biggrin

[Edited 9/24/13 22:03pm]

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/24/13 9:41pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Awesome! I didn't know this was playable on newer computers.

Thanks for the heads up!

wink

Bass U Shoulda Played
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/25/13 1:20am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Awesome! I didn't know this was playable on newer computers.

Thanks for the heads up!

wink

It was terrible enough at the time of it's release, playing it now is even more wrong.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/25/13 1:46am

Ymaginatif

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

Make an .INI file

Name it INTRACTV.INI

Place it in C:\WINDOWS



Copy and paste the text below in the .INI file


[ZIPPER]
CDROMDRIVE=C:\INTRACTV:
WORKINGDIRECTORY=C:\INTRACTV
SOURCEDIRECTORY=C:\INTRACTV
BUFFERSIZE=20000


Notice i have mine directed to the C: Drive
*This is because i copied the game folder directly to my computer*
Change the drive lefter to that of your CD Rom Drive. Or copy it to your computer like i did


Open the game folder, run the program PROGRAM.EXE and the game should run straight with out installation
Good luck biggrin

[Edited 9/24/13 22:03pm]

In total ignorance: how do you make an 'ini' file?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/25/13 8:24am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

djThunderfunk said:

Awesome! I didn't know this was playable on newer computers.

Thanks for the heads up!

wink

It was terrible enough at the time of it's release, playing it now is even more wrong.

falloff

"Style is loving yourself 'til everyone else does too."
You certainly proved that Prince, beyond any doubt.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/25/13 10:39am

Ymaginatif

avatar

Ymaginatif said:

FragileUndertow said:

Make an .INI file

Name it INTRACTV.INI

Place it in C:\WINDOWS



Copy and paste the text below in the .INI file


[ZIPPER]
CDROMDRIVE=C:\INTRACTV:
WORKINGDIRECTORY=C:\INTRACTV
SOURCEDIRECTORY=C:\INTRACTV
BUFFERSIZE=20000


Notice i have mine directed to the C: Drive
*This is because i copied the game folder directly to my computer*
Change the drive lefter to that of your CD Rom Drive. Or copy it to your computer like i did


Open the game folder, run the program PROGRAM.EXE and the game should run straight with out installation
Good luck biggrin

[Edited 9/24/13 22:03pm]

In total ignorance: how do you make an 'ini' file?

Apparantly: an ini file is just a plaintext file with the extension .ini instead of .txt. You can create one in notepad.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/25/13 11:27am

lennyc

is there a way to play it on OSX???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/25/13 11:43am

Ymaginatif

avatar

Ymaginatif said:

Ymaginatif said:

In total ignorance: how do you make an 'ini' file?

Apparantly: an ini file is just a plaintext file with the extension .ini instead of .txt. You can create one in notepad.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

No, it doesn't work sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/25/13 11:47am

Giovanni777

avatar

I never had this, but I just "Googled" it, and found this:

"...The CD-ROM also features six complete songs, including several which were previously unreleased, 52 song clips, four full-length music videos, 31 video clips, and nine morphs.[2] The private club contains clips of musicians, including Eric Clapton, Little Richard, George Clinton, and Miles Davis discussing Prince."

WOW.

"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/25/13 2:24pm

errant

avatar

Why would you bother?
"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/25/13 7:27pm

lust

avatar

I paid 50 quid for one of those when it came out neutral

If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/25/13 7:30pm

lust

avatar

Now if Prince hooked up with the makers of GTA6 for an oversized easter egg where you can go to Minneapolis, steal his chopper and all his cars, go to PP and First Avenue and free roam about in the vault......... biggrin

What would you do?

If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/28/13 6:01pm

Cinny

avatar

I have the CD-ROM but it's so old, OSX won't open the Installer. lol

I just went into the MEDIA folder.

I was curious about it at the time, but wasn't quite a fan enough to cop it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/28/13 6:13pm

Cinny

avatar

I see there is a Karaoke .mov file that has the real instrumental to "Kiss", although I don't know what it has been compressed to sound-wise.

There is a video of a woman saying "touch me!!" Damn what kind of game was this razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/28/13 6:36pm

Cinny

avatar

I just watched the grainy videos to "Interactive" and "Endorphinmachine", and Cat rolling around on a bed moaning in ecstacy. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/28/13 8:15pm

steakfinger

Cinny said:

I see there is a Karaoke .mov file that has the real instrumental to "Kiss", although I don't know what it has been compressed to sound-wise.

There is a video of a woman saying "touch me!!" Damn what kind of game was this razz

Kiss sucks. It's super-low quality AND mono.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/28/13 8:16pm

steakfinger

I think if you go to the media folder you can find all the videos and music without having to play the game. If I remember correctly, that is.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/29/13 8:40am

Cinny

avatar

steakfinger said:

I think if you go to the media folder you can find all the videos and music without having to play the game. If I remember correctly, that is.

Yep, that's what I was doing! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/30/13 9:48pm

ArtRockFAN

I got it working! But I have trouble with the safe in recording studio and putting CD into machine in the lounge! Is there a way to correct these? I've already have scratches removed from the CD so the game will smoothly without skipping!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/30/13 10:41pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Question did u get it running following my instructions? lol



ArtRockFAN said:

But I have trouble with the safe in recording studio
I believe its because of the screen resolution, I could never open it myself confused
and putting CD into machine in the lounge! Is there a way to correct these? '
I think only some cds work and they only play a 10/20 second music clip
I've already have scratches removed from the CD so the game will smoothly without skipping!

I copied the game to my hard drive and i run it fine with the info posted above

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Dowloadable Patch for Prince Interactive