independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 23rd Apr 2014 3:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Thanks You! Promises 2013 Will Be Big
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 8 12345678>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/01/13 6:21am

treb

Prince Thanks You! Promises 2013 Will Be Big

http://www.drfunkenberry....ll-be-big/

Prince promises big things to come. Let the speculations begin!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/01/13 6:58am

TikiColadas

avatar

I can not wait! Looking forward PRINCE music for 2013!

TIKI COLADAS the Web Comic
Get Your Laugh On Monday-Friday
www.tikicoladas.com
www.purpleboxstudios.com


Emancipation Radio DJ - "Tiki Central Live" - Friday Nights 7PM Central - www.emancipationradio.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/01/13 7:11am

Fonkyman

I've just had a massive shit. yes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/01/13 7:14am

treb

I guess that he plans something bigger than just a new album. Maybe the first remastered albums in a box set? Or some new special internet activities? More NPG Festivals like the one in Denmark in 2010? I hope for the release of old live/studio material since his announcement in the short "Screwdriver" rehearsal clip. To me this seems most likely.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/01/13 7:25am

XxAxX

avatar

eek biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/01/13 7:40am

funkomatic

Fonkyman said:

I've just had a massive shit. yes

New shit... is coming! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/01/13 7:57am

OnlyNDaUsa

he already said something about bootlegs for days and the valut. Maybe that question he was asked about all the songs in the valut made him think.

Living with a disability is not the Wurst thing in the word: Knowingly Mocking someone with one is far Wurst!.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/01/13 8:13am

funkomatic

OnlyNDaUsa said:

he already said something about bootlegs for days and the valut. Maybe that question he was asked about all the songs in the valut made him think.

Good joke! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/01/13 8:19am

udo

avatar

Mr P settles tax thing?

See http://welcome2thedawn.bl...awyer.html

So he can return to France again....

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/01/13 8:19am

metallicjigolo

avatar

This has to do with vault material, remasters (he's worked out a deal with WB and has gained control of his babies) and touring, starting U.S. New Orleans of course. With a 3 hour after show .

I had a Prince dream last night. Came out of nowhere. Well maybe it was the radio station playing 1999 at midnight. He came to my house to play a private concert for me and 100 of my closest friends.. When he arrived, he was a rude little shit, no surprises there. I said welcome to my home Prince. He gave me that " Why is this little man speaking to me look". And asked me, where is my band?..... fast forward in my dream. Gerome on my telephone and Prince walks over and hands him a new album. ( I'm trying my hardest to remember the title but can't. lol ) Gerome is telling Morris that this new album is fonkayy, and that he should go to the wrekka stow to get a copy.....

Fast forward... Prince and the band tears my house up. New jams, treasures, and gems from the vault.
Right before I woke up wink , Prince walks over to me and hands me a paper bag with his new album, some unreleased stuff from his vault and works from various artists he's produced this year.
He says I'm sorry, we must go now.

This is a True story ya'll. I'm sitting here wring it all down before I forget.
Happy New Year Orgers. Looking forward to the goodies in 2013.
Prince did an interview with a woman at Record World. They talked about whatever, then he asked her: "Does your pubic hair go up to your navel?" At that moment, we thought maybe we shouldn't encourage him to do interviews.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/01/13 8:32am

GottaLetitgo

I so wish for a year like 2004, where Prince went from being completely off the cultural radar to majorly relevant again. I don't expect that but that was just such a fun year. We'll see...

Official The Breakdown Chartologist
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/01/13 9:01am

2020

avatar

Bring it on P! We're ready for #Prince2013
Check out MyMusicMix New Music Blog!!!

http://mymusicmixtv.blogspot.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/01/13 9:15am

lastdecember

avatar

GottaLetitgo said:

I so wish for a year like 2004, where Prince went from being completely off the cultural radar to majorly relevant again. I don't expect that but that was just such a fun year. We'll see...

i agree that was a great year but if he tours and plays those hits again and again, he has become nothing more than nostaglia


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/01/13 9:18am

rdhull

avatar

Show & prove nukka...show and prove.

Roger Ebert:rest in peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/01/13 9:42am

2elijah

avatar

woot! woot!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/01/13 9:46am

purpleshadow

coooool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/01/13 10:14am

Jerky

avatar

I wrote this 6 months ago: http://prince.org/msg/7/383422

Maybe my wish will come true in 2013!
TEN MO!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/01/13 10:59am

SometimesIwond
er

TikiColadas said:

I can not wait! Looking forward PRINCE music for 2013!


Absolutely fabulous news!!! Loving this pic big time! Prince looks so beautiful here. Really hope it is a new album pray & hopefully a tour somewhere near the UK cuz I am so ready for a Prince show this year! But Prince, please beware & keep a bucket of iced water on stage 2 throw every so often on me, as I'll have flames of love shooting outta me & I don't wanna burn nobody! Ha ha Apologies to anyone who stands next to me at a concert for I shall be offensively hot to the touch! lol The man just send me wild! wink
[Edited 1/1/13 11:00am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/01/13 11:18am

IstenSzek

avatar

rdhull said:

Show & prove nukka...show and prove.

indeed. 'something big' has been promised before.

i'll just wait and see, thank you.

remasters and vault tracks, that's all i really want

at this point.

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/01/13 11:55am

eyewishuheaven

avatar

IstenSzek said:

rdhull said:

Show & prove nukka...show and prove.

indeed. 'something big' has been promised before.

i'll just wait and see, thank you.

remasters and vault tracks, that's all i really want

at this point.

I'm linin' up behind you. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/01/13 12:00pm

rdhull

avatar

IstenSzek said:

rdhull said:

Show & prove nukka...show and prove.

indeed. 'something big' has been promised before.

i'll just wait and see, thank you.

remasters and vault tracks, that's all i really want

at this point.

Yeah I think the most one can hope for thats different is a new cd that he will actually play live and what you mentioned.

I mean a tour has to be part of it because the posted band tryout of the song Scewdriver.

Roger Ebert:rest in peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/01/13 12:00pm

Elle85n09

avatar

metallicjigolo said:

This has to do with vault material, remasters (he's worked out a deal with WB and has gained control of his babies) and touring, starting U.S. New Orleans of course. With a 3 hour after show . I had a Prince dream last night. Came out of nowhere. Well maybe it was the radio station playing 1999 at midnight. He came to my house to play a private concert for me and 100 of my closest friends.. When he arrived, he was a rude little shit, no surprises there. I said welcome to my home Prince. He gave me that " Why is this little man speaking to me look". And asked me, where is my band?..... fast forward in my dream. Gerome on my telephone and Prince walks over and hands him a new album. ( I'm trying my hardest to remember the title but can't. lol ) Gerome is telling Morris that this new album is fonkayy, and that he should go to the wrekka stow to get a copy........ Fast forward... Prince and the band tears my house up. New jams, treasures, and gems from the vault. Right before I woke up wink , Prince walks over to me and hands me a paper bag with his new album, some unreleased stuff from his vault and works from various artists he's produced this year. He says I'm sorry, we must go now. This is a True story ya'll. I'm sitting here wring it all down before I forget. Happy New Year Orgers. Looking forward to the goodies in 2013.

I've had one dream about Prince since 1979, and I can't remember a thing about it except that it was weird (like most dreams, I suppose). If you're not kidding around, the one you had last night was awesome and most of it was pretty positive. I'm a bit jaded when it comes to Prince's promises, but I hope he does something that satisfies most of us this year. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your dream, and Happy New Year to you and everyone else as well! hug party

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/01/13 12:06pm

rdhull

avatar

Whats with all this teenage girl dream shit?

Roger Ebert:rest in peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/01/13 12:22pm

paisleysoul

Wow, I love the photo,great news, can't wait biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/01/13 12:33pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

!

I'm sure whatever Prince does in two thousand thirteen. It'll be nothing more than a Grammy Award winning "MasterPiece"...........

[Edited 1/1/13 13:50pm]

"A brand-new studio album is on the way and both Warner Bros. Records & Eye are quite pleased with the results of the negotiations & look 4ward 2 a fruitful working relationship," prince said n a news release! All prince needs 2 do 2 take over the world again
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/01/13 12:54pm

rdhull

avatar

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

I'm sure whatever Prince does in two thousand thirteen. I'tll be nothing more than a Grammy Award winning "MasterPiece"...........

Hopefully, in 2013 your keyboard gets smashed to master pieces.

Roger Ebert:rest in peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/01/13 1:06pm

SometimesIwond
er

Saw this on fb purpleland:


'Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige and Prince played at Amanyara, Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Island for the New Year's Eve'

Wow!!! Just wow!! Bet all who were there had such a great time!

The photos of that place are incredible!

Lucky, lucky things who saw Prince perform in paradise! biggrin
[Edited 1/1/13 13:06pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/01/13 1:07pm

Elle85n09

avatar

rdhull said:

Whats with all this teenage girl dream shit?

batting eyes rd, I love you. Flattery will get you everywhere. heart

*If you were refering to anyone else, I'll be crushed but I'll survive. Happy fishslap New Year! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/01/13 1:36pm

2elijah

avatar

SometimesIwonder said:

Saw this on fb purpleland: 'Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige and Prince played at Amanyara, Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Island for the New Year's Eve' Wow!!! Just wow!! Bet all who were there had such a great time! The photos of that place are incredible! Lucky, lucky things who saw Prince perform in paradise! biggrin [Edited 1/1/13 13:06pm]

Cool...a Caribbean New Years! woot! dancing jig

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/01/13 1:38pm

RobotDevil

avatar

OMG! What exciting 'news'!!!!!!! I've never ever heard him make promises or say anything like THIS before, so he must be really serious!!!!! WOWWEEWOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Less talk, more action.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Thanks You! Promises 2013 Will Be Big