independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 28th Nov 2014 12:28am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Rock and Roll Love Affair to be released in Australia on Nov. 29th 2012
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 12/04/12 3:29pm

luvsexy4all

why doesnt best buy BUY these and resell em???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 12/07/12 2:47pm

AnXTheGirls

I purchased this on the Purple Music site and paid via Paypal. The money is gone from Paypal account but I got an email from Purple Music saying they can't ship until they get the money from Paypal. I've emailed Purple Music but never get a response. Anyone experiencing this?

Hope it's okay to post this here. But if not I'm sure someone will tell me.

Thanks!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 12/09/12 2:43am

toejam

avatar

AnXTheGirls said:

I purchased this on the Purple Music site and paid via Paypal. The money is gone from Paypal account but I got an email from Purple Music saying they can't ship until they get the money from Paypal. I've emailed Purple Music but never get a response. Anyone experiencing this? Hope it's okay to post this here. But if not I'm sure someone will tell me. Thanks!


I ordered as well on the 19th November, received a confirmation email, but have heard nothing since... After seeing your post, I've sent them an email too. Will let you know if I hear anything...

.

[Edited 12/9/12 2:47am]

Toejam @ Peach & Black Podcast: http://peachandblack.podbean.com
Toejam's band "Cheap Fakes": http://cheapfakes.com.au, http://www.facebook.com/cheapfakes
Toejam the solo artist: http://www.youtube.com/scottbignell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 12/09/12 6:19pm

AnXTheGirls

toejam said:



I ordered as well on the 19th November, received a confirmation email, but have heard nothing since... After seeing your post, I've sent them an email too. Will let you know if I hear anything...

.

[Edited 12/9/12 2:47am]



Cool. I'll let ya know if I get a response too. I hope I don't have to call them SMH.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 12/10/12 1:13am

Vict0r

AnXTheGirls said:

toejam said:


I ordered as well on the 19th November, received a confirmation email, but have heard nothing since... After seeing your post, I've sent them an email too. Will let you know if I hear anything...

.

[Edited 12/9/12 2:47am]

Cool. I'll let ya know if I get a response too. I hope I don't have to call them SMH.

I was in a similar situation to both of you, but I received my purchase today so maybe hopefully you'll receive yours soon as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 12/11/12 2:32am

toejam

avatar

Yep. Got mine today as well. All good. Still, a 'shipped' confirmation email would have been nice!

Toejam @ Peach & Black Podcast: http://peachandblack.podbean.com
Toejam's band "Cheap Fakes": http://cheapfakes.com.au, http://www.facebook.com/cheapfakes
Toejam the solo artist: http://www.youtube.com/scottbignell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 12/12/12 7:44am

AnXTheGirls

toejam said:

Yep. Got mine today as well. All good. Still, a 'shipped' confirmation email would have been nice!

Glad you got yours. On their site in the "my account" section my order stills says pending. So I have no idea what to do as I have emailed a few times and used their "contact us" form from the site.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 12/14/12 7:41am

1817

don't hav my billboard handy but can sum1 see how it doing on the charts?
Last I saw it hit 22 on the AC chart. Wondering if the video gave it an extra push up the charts.
luv life, luv god, lovesexey
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 12/14/12 7:46pm

AnXTheGirls

AnXTheGirls said:

toejam said:

Yep. Got mine today as well. All good. Still, a 'shipped' confirmation email would have been nice!

Glad you got yours. On their site in the "my account" section my order stills says pending. So I have no idea what to do as I have emailed a few times and used their "contact us" form from the site.

Just an update. Had to get PayPal involved and Purple Music canceled my order with no explanation. Nice customer service they have there. Is P running Purple Music? Because their customer service stinks! (Oooo did I just say that out loud? *snicker*) Anyway no communication on when I will get a refund. What a let down it, was a gift for a friend who is a collector. Ridiculous!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 12/15/12 3:12pm

Controversy

avatar

Anyone heard the single on Australian radio yet? Unikely the video will be played here. I don't understand how it can be classified as a worldwide release.
I just can't believe all the things people say !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 12/17/12 1:37am

MaxiMPact

Yay...I was able to download it off youtube.....................I think P is still a spunk....I have not seen the new CD in JB HIFI...it will probably be in the mark down bin after the post xmas sales....................................hopefully..........

Yeah..it sounds like Take Me With You gone countryfied.........................Im suprised P didnt do some good ole boot scootin with Andy pandy.............or whateva she calls herself.......................cute little purple guitar though..............................................

I think he wears too much makeup now...............

But I think he is still a spunk.....................yummy.........

cheers

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 12/17/12 6:28am

SPOOKYGAS

avatar

MaxiMPact said:

Yay...I was able to download it off youtube.....................I think P is still a spunk....I have not seen the new CD in JB HIFI...it will probably be in the mark down bin after the post xmas sales....................................hopefully..........

Yeah..it sounds like Take Me With You gone countryfied.........................Im suprised P didnt do some good ole boot scootin with Andy pandy.............or whateva she calls herself.......................cute little purple guitar though..............................................

I think he wears too much makeup now...............

But I think he is still a spunk.....................yummy.........

cheers

I cant see JB Hifi or anyone of the Wreka Stores in Oz getting down with the Purple Yoda. Still He is still a 'spunk' and that's all that should matter 2 u lass! Me, eye think that R & R is a smashing wee gem that is classic Prince! Perth eh?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 12/18/12 3:30am

MaxiMPact

SPOOKYGAS said:

MaxiMPact said:

Yay...I was able to download it off youtube.....................I think P is still a spunk....I have not seen the new CD in JB HIFI...it will probably be in the mark down bin after the post xmas sales....................................hopefully..........

Yeah..it sounds like Take Me With You gone countryfied.........................Im suprised P didnt do some good ole boot scootin with Andy pandy.............or whateva she calls herself.......................cute little purple guitar though..............................................

I think he wears too much makeup now...............

But I think he is still a spunk.....................yummy.........

cheers

I cant see JB Hifi or anyone of the Wreka Stores in Oz getting down with the Purple Yoda. Still He is still a 'spunk' and that's all that should matter 2 u lass! Me, eye think that R & R is a smashing wee gem that is classic Prince! Perth eh?

Yep Ozzie Perth not scottish Perth..........................I do love the new single and I love his look....................................Purple Yoda...thats just so lame..........Why does he call himself that....why not Bear Grylls...now that name is manly...................Real man Manly......Bear Grylls..Real Man...Real Toolllllllll.............Yeahhhhh......

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 12/18/12 6:38am

SPOOKYGAS

avatar

MaxiMPact said:

SPOOKYGAS said:

I cant see JB Hifi or anyone of the Wreka Stores in Oz getting down with the Purple Yoda. Still He is still a 'spunk' and that's all that should matter 2 u lass! Me, eye think that R & R is a smashing wee gem that is classic Prince! Perth eh?

Yep Ozzie Perth not scottish Perth..........................I do love the new single and I love his look....................................Purple Yoda...thats just so lame..........Why does he call himself that....why not Bear Grylls...now that name is manly...................Real man Manly......Bear Grylls..Real Man...Real Toolllllllll.............Yeahhhhh......

So eye am not the only person in the land of sandgropers who has a disposition to real music by real musician's and all that pish ! Bear Grylls...dont make me laugh, he is not a patch on Gordon Ramsay! Scottish Perth..huh they only named it after this one here in OZZtralia..nudge nudge wink wink...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 12/25/12 5:09pm

DIAMONDGEEZA

I still don't hate it on Christmas day.it is simply a light breezy little guitar road song I like but the other mixes have never convinced me they are value for money.I'm not really into house music.Download track 1 from iTunes and just forget the rest.Prince stop being such a technaphobe and give us the album we are eagerly waiting for.No USA extended edition of 20ten then this scrap that's too little,totally late.weak,really weak.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 12/28/12 5:08pm

MrMountains

I just downloaded rock and roll love affair The Ep from iTunes in Australia I love the original extended version excellent fantastic. It's under prince albums.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 12/28/12 5:10pm

MrMountains

naffi said:

Talking to a guy at JB, the only new Prince releases they have coming in at the moment, are the rereleases of his LPs, not the single at this stage.



I just downloaded it from iTunes it's under albums and it's an EP of around six songs all remixes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Rock and Roll Love Affair to be released in Australia on Nov. 29th 2012