independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 31st Oct 2014 7:57am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Who gave Andy the 1973 Fender Strat?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/01/11 10:59pm

NelsonR

Who gave Andy the 1973 Fender Strat?

eye noticed on Facebook and Twitter that Andy mentioned that she woke up with a new guitar lying next to her. My immediate thoughts were, "that sounds like a Princely thing to have happen."

eek

Why? Well...I'm not a mind-reader nor do eye claim 2 c into places where eye am not...but two thoughts:

- in Under the Cherry Moon, When Mrs. Wellington biggrin woke up (some1 help me out) she had a note next to her which read, eye think:

"Life is a Parade" (similiar stylee)

also

- Prince and Andy did a unofficially released version of "Guitar." they obviously share this (1) passion with each other

lol

eye normally don't post such personal thangs, but could not help but wonder...& if Prince is the guitar giver, he shonuff is Blessed 2 get in dem drawls

razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/01/11 11:45pm

serenade

avatar

Prince did , along with a little tag, that said : 'remember 2 write it on facebook'

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/02/11 12:44am

SashaNicole

she got a Stratocaster not a telecaster

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/02/11 1:29am

blueharmony84

serenade said:

Prince did , along with a little tag, that said : 'remember 2 write it on facebook'

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/02/11 2:20am

bobbyperu

Let's hope he will give her some guitar lessons too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/02/11 2:32am

erik319

avatar

NelsonR said:

eye noticed on Facebook and Twitter that Andy mentioned that she woke up with a new guitar lying next to her. My immediate thoughts were, "that sounds like a Princely thing to have happen."

eek

Why? Well...I'm not a mind-reader nor do eye claim 2 c into places where eye am not...but two thoughts:

- in Under the Cherry Moon, When Mrs. Wellington biggrin woke up (some1 help me out) she had a note next to her which read, eye think:

"Life is a Parade" (similiar stylee)

also

- Prince and Andy did a unofficially released version of "Guitar." they obviously share this (1) passion with each other

lol

eye normally don't post such personal thangs, but could not help but wonder...& if Prince is the guitar giver, he shonuff is Blessed 2 get in dem drawls

razz

fro + present = tonk

blah blah blah
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/02/11 3:47am

Whitnail

avatar

bobbyperu said:

Let's hope he will give her some guitar lessons too.

biggrin

If it were not for insanity, I would be sane.

"True to his status as the last enigma in music, Prince crashed into London this week in a ball of confusion" The Times 2014
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/02/11 5:52am

NelsonR

SashaNicole said:

she got a Stratocaster not a telecaster

thx 4 the correction

highfive

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/02/11 5:59am

NelsonR

dig if u will a positive pic of dem

[Edited 10/2/11 6:08am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/02/11 6:18am

dJJ

What I like about Prince & Andy is that they seem to have fun together making music and perform.

Prince has song about buying all kind of gifts for his girl(s). I also like to be given gifts, however, it is not the gifts that make me love somebody. It's the behaviour and the sharing of passions and fun that make me love somebody. I've allways found the Prince songs about all his materialistic stuff and the things he buys for women very superficial and I don't like to listen to them.

However, buying a special guitar for Andy seems to overcome that superficial I'll buy you a dress and I'll wear a matching suit (allthough that is fun, I have to admit).

I don't think I have worded it right, I do hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/02/11 6:22am

teiemka

erik319 said:

NelsonR said:

eye noticed on Facebook and Twitter that Andy mentioned that she woke up with a new guitar lying next to her. My immediate thoughts were, "that sounds like a Princely thing to have happen."

eek

Why? Well...I'm not a mind-reader nor do eye claim 2 c into places where eye am not...but two thoughts:

- in Under the Cherry Moon, When Mrs. Wellington biggrin woke up (some1 help me out) she had a note next to her which read, eye think:

"Life is a Parade" (similiar stylee)

also

- Prince and Andy did a unofficially released version of "Guitar." they obviously share this (1) passion with each other

lol

eye normally don't post such personal thangs, but could not help but wonder...& if Prince is the guitar giver, he shonuff is Blessed 2 get in dem drawls

razz

fro + present = tonk

falloff Not the first guy in history or the last......

Prince is a musician not a lifestyle.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/02/11 7:14am

NelsonR

dJJ said:

What I like about Prince & Andy is that they seem to have fun together making music and perform.

Prince has song about buying all kind of gifts for his girl(s). I also like to be given gifts, however, it is not the gifts that make me love somebody. It's the behaviour and the sharing of passions and fun that make me love somebody. I've allways found the Prince songs about all his materialistic stuff and the things he buys for women very superficial and I don't like to listen to them.

However, buying a special guitar for Andy seems to overcome that superficial I'll buy you a dress and I'll wear a matching suit (allthough that is fun, I have to admit).

I don't think I have worded it right, I do hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol

i hear ya...they def have a fun connection biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/02/11 7:38am

dJJ

NelsonR said:

dJJ said:

What I like about Prince & Andy is that they seem to have fun together making music and perform.

Prince has song about buying all kind of gifts for his girl(s). I also like to be given gifts, however, it is not the gifts that make me love somebody. It's the behaviour and the sharing of passions and fun that make me love somebody. I've allways found the Prince songs about all his materialistic stuff and the things he buys for women very superficial and I don't like to listen to them.

However, buying a special guitar for Andy seems to overcome that superficial I'll buy you a dress and I'll wear a matching suit (allthough that is fun, I have to admit).

I don't think I have worded it right, I do hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol

i hear ya...they def have a fun connection biggrin

Yeah, and a special guitar exceeds 'empty stupid' gifts as jewelry or clothes.

Albeit I love getting jewelry from artists or clothes that convey something. I can't find the words for that thin line between empty meaningless materialistic way to try to fill the emptiness inside and the true love and passion for art & music.

Maybe the line isn't there? Or maybe Prince has shown us both?

I see that Andy can have an attitude and come across as arrogant. Or say, she seems to have a solid, well developed self esteem. However, I doubt that's wrong, because that's needed to perform and make it out there. She just doesn't come across as empty as some former protegees did.

I really liked the same passion and fire that I saw in Misty.

Misty and Andy are inspiring protegees.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/02/11 7:55am

eelco

dJJ said:

NelsonR said:

i hear ya...they def have a fun connection biggrin

Yeah, and a special guitar exceeds 'empty stupid' gifts as jewelry or clothes.

Albeit I love getting jewelry from artists or clothes that convey something. I can't find the words for that thin line between empty meaningless materialistic way to try to fill the emptiness inside and the true love and passion for art & music.

Maybe the line isn't there? Or maybe Prince has shown us both?

I see that Andy can have an attitude and come across as arrogant. Or say, she seems to have a solid, well developed self esteem. However, I doubt that's wrong, because that's needed to perform and make it out there. She just doesn't come across as empty as some former protegees did.

I really liked the same passion and fire that I saw in Misty.

Misty and Andy are inspiring protegees.

Have you seen the ''Nothing More'' performance from the 2nd NSJ show? She comes over as quite insecure yet manages to pull it off very well(albeit with some help of Maceo).

As far as Prince and Andy are concerned; they had a nice interaction on stage and seemed to have genuine fun together. that might be all there is to it, it may not be. We'll see, maybe

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/02/11 9:02am

dJJ

eelco said:

dJJ said:

Yeah, and a special guitar exceeds 'empty stupid' gifts as jewelry or clothes.

Albeit I love getting jewelry from artists or clothes that convey something. I can't find the words for that thin line between empty meaningless materialistic way to try to fill the emptiness inside and the true love and passion for art & music.

Maybe the line isn't there? Or maybe Prince has shown us both?

I see that Andy can have an attitude and come across as arrogant. Or say, she seems to have a solid, well developed self esteem. However, I doubt that's wrong, because that's needed to perform and make it out there. She just doesn't come across as empty as some former protegees did.

I really liked the same passion and fire that I saw in Misty.

Misty and Andy are inspiring protegees.

Have you seen the ''Nothing More'' performance from the 2nd NSJ show? She comes over as quite insecure yet manages to pull it off very well(albeit with some help of Maceo).

As far as Prince and Andy are concerned; they had a nice interaction on stage and seemed to have genuine fun together. that might be all there is to it, it may not be. We'll see, maybe

That might have been her reaction to the friday night performance. NPG got a lot of feedback on that performance, that saturday they did show us what they are made of. And yes, I can imagine she was a little bit tense during that performance.

However, in general she portrays a solid, 'care free' ,fun, attitude. Self esteem without the fear of criticasters. I like that.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/02/11 11:26am

thebanishedone

I can't believe how some of you are unrealistick and sucking up to andy.andy don't have a clue about guitar playing.her "playing" is not even basic it is sub par,amateurish,she is not capable of playing any prince song.her "singing' is always out of key.every member of vanity 6 sound like opera singers compared to andy.andy is good at playing skin flute or prince's organ and thats the only reason she is there and prince is having middle life crisis and having andy on stage proves itand having andy on stage proves it
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/02/11 11:30am

NelsonR

if the music makes ya feel like dancin'...it's alright

wink

Andy adds a positive vibration 2 Prince's sound y'all

[Edited 10/2/11 11:31am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/02/11 11:33am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I like them 2gether, like the playfullness

She seems to be playing more tambourine than guitar though

Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed 2 be
Our clothes, our hair, we don't care
It's all about being there...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/02/11 11:41am

thebanishedone

Andy adds nothing except being a nice ass to funk
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/02/11 11:43am

NelsonR

thebanishedone said:

Andy adds nothing except being a nice ass to funk

be nice, now

priest

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/02/11 12:18pm

pfan1978

dJJ said:

What I like about Prince & Andy is that they seem to have fun together making music and perform.

Prince has song about buying all kind of gifts for his girl(s). I also like to be given gifts, however, it is not the gifts that make me love somebody. It's the behaviour and the sharing of passions and fun that make me love somebody. I've allways found the Prince songs about all his materialistic stuff and the things he buys for women very superficial and I don't like to listen to them.

However, buying a special guitar for Andy seems to overcome that superficial I'll buy you a dress and I'll wear a matching suit (allthough that is fun, I have to admit).

I don't think I have worded it right, I do hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol

the 1 u wanna c,u will b with me & future baby mama, all seem 2 suggest i think the miseducated view that money & things will win the day. 1stly, he must realize that countless women want 2 be around him 4 being handsome,famous & insanely talented as much as being rich. whatever the attraction, he has 2 figure out a way 2 eliminate those in it 4 the wrong reasons 2 find the righteous 1. but then if jill jones would have stayed with prince even if he was flat broke & was a gigilo all his life like the songs 'baby ure a trip"(her song about him) & "shes always in my hair"(his song about her) suggest, then maybe he had the righteous 1. jill, like the waitress in purple rain was always there-a princess waiting in vain that 1 day her prince would come take her away.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/02/11 12:18pm

dJJ

thebanishedone said:

I can't believe how some of you are unrealistick and sucking up to andy.andy don't have a clue about guitar playing.her "playing" is not even basic it is sub par,amateurish,she is not capable of playing any prince song.her "singing' is always out of key.every member of vanity 6 sound like opera singers compared to andy.andy is good at playing skin flute or prince's organ and thats the only reason she is there and prince is having middle life crisis and having andy on stage proves itand having andy on stage proves it

Maybe I'm just smitten. Struck by her presence.

That's more fun and positive energy than negativity shrug

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/02/11 12:28pm

NelsonR

the girl's 2 fine 2 teach, she's a peach y'all

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/02/11 12:30pm

Dewrede

avatar

thebanishedone said:

I can't believe how some of you are unrealistick and sucking up to andy.andy don't have a clue about guitar playing.her "playing" is not even basic it is sub par,amateurish,she is not capable of playing any prince song.her "singing' is always out of key.every member of vanity 6 sound like opera singers compared to andy.andy is good at playing skin flute or prince's organ and thats the only reason she is there and prince is having middle life crisis and having andy on stage proves itand having andy on stage proves it

Bullshit !

She sings well , not off key at all

She sounds good on More Than This and When We're Dancing ... on the 2nd NSJ show

I too was sceptical of her before i heard that

[Edited 10/2/11 12:32pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/02/11 12:33pm

serenade

avatar

NelsonR said:

the girl's 2 fine 2 teach, she's a peach y'all

Cute photo of them singing in one mic and captured in the grand eye.

Prince looks good and Andy looks alot like his love.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/02/11 12:41pm

pfan1978

thebanishedone said:

I can't believe how some of you are unrealistick and sucking up to andy.andy don't have a clue about guitar playing.her "playing" is not even basic it is sub par,amateurish,she is not capable of playing any prince song.her "singing' is always out of key.every member of vanity 6 sound like opera singers compared to andy.andy is good at playing skin flute or prince's organ and thats the only reason she is there and prince is having middle life crisis and having andy on stage proves itand having andy on stage proves it

u never know. the rolling stones crowd was a knowledgeable fanbase but they didnt understand what they were seeing when they booed prince off the stage & 4 years later the revolution was ruling the world. andy might not be billie holliday but she is better than some singers dominating the pop charts. why can't she get her beak wet?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/02/11 12:45pm

NelsonR

serenade said:

NelsonR said:

the girl's 2 fine 2 teach, she's a peach y'all

Cute photo of them singing in one mic and captured in the grand eye.

Prince looks good and Andy looks alot like his love.

yeahthat

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/02/11 2:13pm

babyjubilation

NelsonR said:

the girl's 2 fine 2 teach, she's a peach y'all

she's probably the only prince girl besides Mayte that I actually like and makes me a little jealous

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/02/11 2:35pm

mzsadii

avatar

NelsonR said:

serenade said:

Cute photo of them singing in one mic and captured in the grand eye.

Prince looks good and Andy looks alot like his love.

yeahthat

DITTO

Prince's Sarah
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/02/11 5:10pm

SodaShoes

NelsonR said:

eye noticed on Facebook and Twitter that Andy mentioned that she woke up with a new guitar lying next to her. My immediate thoughts were, "that sounds like a Princely thing to have happen."

eek

Why? Well...I'm not a mind-reader nor do eye claim 2 c into places where eye am not...but two thoughts:

- in Under the Cherry Moon, When Mrs. Wellington biggrin woke up (some1 help me out) she had a note next to her which read, eye think:

"Life is a Parade" (similiar stylee)

also

- Prince and Andy did a unofficially released version of "Guitar." they obviously share this (1) passion with each other

lol

eye normally don't post such personal thangs, but could not help but wonder...& if Prince is the guitar giver, he shonuff is Blessed 2 get in dem drawls

razz

.

[Edited 10/2/11 17:37pm]

It's an uphill climb to the finish line.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Who gave Andy the 1973 Fender Strat?