independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Aug 2014 7:22pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > does still have his Paisley Park studios?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/24/11 11:56am

TurnItUp

does still have his Paisley Park studios?

It's been a long time since I've heard anything about him recording, doing shows or anything there. He said Minneapolis would always be home though I haven't heard about Prince, Minneapolis or Paisley Park. I hope he does because he poured his blood, sweat, and tears to build that place back in the 80s and plus I thought it was an escape from all the madness when he wanted to get away?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/24/11 11:57am

Genesia

avatar

Yes, he still has Paisley Park.

I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/24/11 11:57am

cbarnes3121

he owns paisley park 100% unless he decides to sell

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/24/11 12:00pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

TurnItUp said:

It's been a long time since I've heard anything about him recording, doing shows or anything there. He said Minneapolis would always be home though I haven't heard about Prince, Minneapolis or Paisley Park. I hope he does because he poured his blood, sweat, and tears to build that place back in the 80s and plus I thought it was an escape from all the madness when he wanted to get away?

And $10 million.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/24/11 12:01pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

yeah, he has been seen there in the last few months.

Musicology, 3121, Planet earth, Lotusflow3r, and MPLSound were recorded (in part) at PP.

not sure about 20ten

FYI: there are some Orgers I ignore. So when I do not reply to them... that is why.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/24/11 6:22pm

HornyPony

avatar

Yes, Prince still owns Paisley Park... it remains dark most of the time, but he recorded "2010" there and had been spotted around the city fairly recently. Probably for some rehearsals for "Welcome to America" tour. The last time he performed there as far as I know was October 24th, 2009. I drive by Paisley a lot since I live close by, and every time I make a wish that he will come home soon. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/25/11 4:58am

errant

avatar

TurnItUp said:

It's been a long time since I've heard anything about him recording, doing shows or anything there. He said Minneapolis would always be home though I haven't heard about Prince, Minneapolis or Paisley Park. I hope he does because he poured his blood, sweat, and tears to build that place back in the 80s and plus I thought it was an escape from all the madness when he wanted to get away?

really now. rolleyes

"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/25/11 5:10am

TheDigitalGard
ener

errant said:

TurnItUp said:

It's been a long time since I've heard anything about him recording, doing shows or anything there. He said Minneapolis would always be home though I haven't heard about Prince, Minneapolis or Paisley Park. I hope he does because he poured his blood, sweat, and tears to build that place back in the 80s and plus I thought it was an escape from all the madness when he wanted to get away?

really now. rolleyes

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/25/11 6:59am

TurnItUp

TheDigitalGardener said:

errant said:

really now. rolleyes

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

This is what I'm talking about ignorant comments. You know good and damn well I didn't mean he was the doing the physical work! But he came up with idea, the plan and used his money to build it. Stay off my tread if you got more idiotic comments. mad

[Edited 3/25/11 7:02am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/25/11 7:01am

TurnItUp

HornyPony said:

Yes, Prince still owns Paisley Park... it remains dark most of the time, but he recorded "2010" there and had been spotted around the city fairly recently. Probably for some rehearsals for "Welcome to America" tour. The last time he performed there as far as I know was October 24th, 2009. I drive by Paisley a lot since I live close by, and every time I make a wish that he will come home soon. smile

That's great to hear. I just wanted to know because I hadn't even heard a mere mention of it. To be truthful I haven't heard about Paisley Park studios since Prince got big again with Musicology back in 2004.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/25/11 7:10am

Militant

avatar

moderator

TurnItUp said:

To be truthful I haven't heard about Paisley Park studios since Prince got big again with Musicology back in 2004.

Most of Musicology was actually recorded at Metalworks Studios in Mississauga just outside of Toronto, Canada. My cousin and I were there last summer as he was mixing our new album there, so I saw all the plaques they have up for Musicology which was cool.

But yeah, Prince still records at PP most of the time. Actually there was a big redesign of Paisley Park done recently.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/25/11 7:19am

errant

avatar

TurnItUp said:

TheDigitalGardener said:

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

This is what I'm talking about ignorant comments. You know good and damn well I didn't mean he was the doing the physical work! But he came up with idea, the plan and used his money to build it. Stay off my tread if you got more idiotic comments. mad

[Edited 3/25/11 7:02am]

so basically you're just saying that you were being overly dramatic with your wording in the original post. ok then smile

"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/25/11 8:10am

Graycap23

Prince records at PP on a regular basis.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/25/11 11:51am

TurnItUp

Militant said:

TurnItUp said:

To be truthful I haven't heard about Paisley Park studios since Prince got big again with Musicology back in 2004.

Most of Musicology was actually recorded at Metalworks Studios in Mississauga just outside of Toronto, Canada. My cousin and I were there last summer as he was mixing our new album there, so I saw all the plaques they have up for Musicology which was cool.

But yeah, Prince still records at PP most of the time. Actually there was a big redesign of Paisley Park done recently.

That's wonderful and that's great you get to see all the Musicology plaques. Thanks for sharing that and mostly thanks for giving me a simple answer. As you see you don't always get that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/25/11 11:53am

TheDigitalGard
ener

TurnItUp said:

TheDigitalGardener said:

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

This is what I'm talking about ignorant comments. You know good and damn well I didn't mean he was the doing the physical work! But he came up with idea, the plan and used his money to build it. Stay off my tread if you got more idiotic comments. mad

[Edited 3/25/11 7:02am]

Get a fucking grip, and you do not decide where I post, understand?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/25/11 11:53am

TurnItUp

errant said:

TurnItUp said:

This is what I'm talking about ignorant comments. You know good and damn well I didn't mean he was the doing the physical work! But he came up with idea, the plan and used his money to build it. Stay off my tread if you got more idiotic comments. mad

[Edited 3/25/11 7:02am]

so basically you're just saying that you were being overly dramatic with your wording in the original post. ok then smile

you know I'm not gon' even waste my time with you. You knew what I meant.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/26/11 10:26am

paisleypark4

avatar

TurnItUp said:

Militant said:

Most of Musicology was actually recorded at Metalworks Studios in Mississauga just outside of Toronto, Canada. My cousin and I were there last summer as he was mixing our new album there, so I saw all the plaques they have up for Musicology which was cool.

But yeah, Prince still records at PP most of the time. Actually there was a big redesign of Paisley Park done recently.

That's wonderful and that's great you get to see all the Musicology plaques. Thanks for sharing that and mostly thanks for giving me a simple answer. As you see you don't always get that.

Yeah..as far as I know a wall section was taken out of the grage and the bathrooms were redone in the performing area. They dont have the tvs and couches set up anymore.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/28/11 9:56am

TurnItUp

TheDigitalGardener said:

TurnItUp said:

This is what I'm talking about ignorant comments. You know good and damn well I didn't mean he was the doing the physical work! But he came up with idea, the plan and used his money to build it. Stay off my tread if you got more idiotic comments. mad

[Edited 3/25/11 7:02am]

Get a fucking grip, and you do not decide where I post, understand?

you get a fuckin grip and a brain and I'll decide whatever I want to decide with my tread! like I said stay off of it with your idiotic comments!! do you understand?!!!! we can keep going back and forth if you want to!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/28/11 12:27pm

abigail05

TheDigitalGardener said:

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

I've got tears. thank you for that visual lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/28/11 5:32pm

lPoeticl

avatar

TheDigitalGardener said:

errant said:

really now. rolleyes

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

I do recall him being out there in his sexy hard hat and chaps... eek I think I shot a nail into a co-workers buttocks that day accidently.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/28/11 8:16pm

rap

Anyone know if the remodelling is complete?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/28/11 9:18pm

ecstasy

avatar

Yup, trust and believe that if any separation from Prince with Paisley Park occurred, it would be all over the news. That's his musical and personal hermitage & headquarters.

And I feel u with the blood, sweat, & tears metaphor. In early stages, it was a simple design of his, but then it went corporation-mode, lol. Idea blew up to something bigger and better, thanks to the funding from the Purple Rain tour wink

Yes, at 19, I finally saw the Revolution, a legendary band. And I talked to Wendy!!! biggrin In addition to seeing Prince, I have now lived life. Thank you Purple People!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/28/11 9:33pm

Chiquetet

avatar

TheDigitalGardener said:

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

Oh, what I would give to see that biggrin

But you're right...I'm sure bricks were the last thing Prince was laying at the time (unless that was a nickname).

UNOFFICIAL Prince Website Survey - RESULTS - http://prince.org/msg/13/393074

New Prince fansite - http://tilthedawn.org/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/29/11 6:47am

Trickology

TheDigitalGardener said:

errant said:

really now. rolleyes

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

Oh yes, he was. Paisley Park was constructed with Bob Vila and Tim Allen. lol lol

Prince bought all the tools and he set out making a studio in the cornfield. It was his "Field of Dreams" moment. Sometimes he would get sidetracked & start dancing or preaching about god. But the building was completed in record time. He may have had some help installing the wiring. That can be tricky. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/29/11 6:55am

TurnItUp

Trickology said:

TheDigitalGardener said:

lol I know right?

It's not as if he was on the building site during construction, stripped to the waist laying bricks, wearing his hard hat with the symbol on the front.

Oh yes, he was. Paisley Park was constructed with Bob Vila and Tim Allen. lol lol

Prince bought all the tools and he set out making a studio in the cornfield. It was his "Field of Dreams" moment. Sometimes he would get sidetracked & start dancing or preaching about god. But the building was completed in record time. He may have had some help installing the wiring. That can be tricky. wink

thank you for shutting the two individuals above up. ha

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > does still have his Paisley Park studios?