independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 24th Jun 2018 2:09am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Guitar - Love It or Hate It
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 16 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 02/02/07 5:50pm

prettymansson

told y'all it would suck !!!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 02/02/07 5:51pm

Moonbeam

avatar

Wall said:

Moonbeam said:



"Neon Telephone" is one of my favorite Prince songs ever! I have to figure out how to sign up and get the track. It won't let me log in at 3121.com. sad


I'd put Neon Telephone a few leagues above this one. I wouldn't say they sound too much alike, just similar tempos. The lyrics in this song could have been drafted by a 13 year old whereas Neon Telephone, while hardly Keats, had a personal charm and humor this song is sorely lacking (imho, of course).


Feel free to join in the Prince Song Poll 2016! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince songs, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 02/02/07 5:51pm

Genesia

avatar

Pr1nce3411 said:

zxcvbnmmnbvcxz said:

I want my 2 bucks back!


Thank u, finally an honest Prince fan. I find it funny how everybody's response 2 the song is about 3 words, i like it, it sounds great. Rewind 1 hour ago, responses were I think it will b a mixture of, i hope it is blah blah blah. If u guys don't like the song don't b afraid 2 say it. If Andre 3000 came out with this song u would bash this song 2 death. I love the, "i listened 2 this song 20 times and now i like it." Isn't that what is going on n the pop world now, the companies give us garbage (not saying the song is garbage bcuz it is not) but they give us garbage 2 listen 2 over and over again until we r forced 2 like it or just tolerate it. I really love the, " i like this song, but it would sound great live with..... ( a list of additions and corrections). I wish every1 would critic songs like the do songs of the past. Prince fans r getting soft.
[Edited 2/2/07 17:40pm]


What makes you think people who like it aren't being honest? I don't reflexively approve of everything Prince does (I hated the hell out of Song of the Heart), but I think this song is light and catchy and fun.

My opinion may change over time, of course. But that doesn't mean I'm being dishonest now.
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 02/02/07 5:54pm

livewire

avatar

I've probably paid for this stupid song three times already and I still haven't gotten it. mad

What's supposed to happen after you enter all of your personal and Credit Card info and hit "Purchase"? All I've gotten so far is the same page reloading but with the word "Duplicate" across the bottom. No link to download, no instructions on how to proceed. Can someone please tell me how this is supposed to work.

Thanks.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 02/02/07 5:54pm

Wall

avatar

Does it seem hard to believe for anyone else that the man who put on the guitar display yesterday at the press conference is the same man who released this track? I wasn't expecting Highway to Hell like riffs, but I also was hoping for more than a simplistic by-the-numbers pop song with juvenille lyrics and a few short guitar solos (which granted are technically sound, they just lack urgency and emotion imho).
No hard feelings.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 02/02/07 5:55pm

NEFRETIRI

I Like it, very catchy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 02/02/07 5:58pm

777Zannalee

avatar

livewire said:

I've probably paid for this stupid song three times already and I still haven't gotten it. mad

What's supposed to happen after you enter all of your personal and Credit Card info and hit "Purchase"? All I've gotten so far is the same page reloading but with the word "Duplicate" across the bottom. No link to download, no instructions on how to proceed. Can someone please tell me how this is supposed to work.

Thanks.

After you put in all your info. and hit purchase it should go to a new screen with a download button then that was all. Hope this helps.
Recheck all your info. maybe somethings not right?
[Edited 2/2/07 18:00pm]
Stop worryin' bout' what people say,
Ain't gonna stop em' anyway! Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 02/02/07 5:58pm

Moonbeam

avatar

I've got and now I've heard it. And my reaction is:

Feel free to join in the Prince Song Poll 2016! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince songs, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 02/02/07 6:02pm

realm

I like it..and sometimes I love my guitar more than my girl.

I relate! biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 02/02/07 6:03pm

777Zannalee

avatar

It's really not bad but I thought it would be more rock n roll. But I'm listening on my laptop. On a cd it might be much better. Sounds kinda like a tin can here!!
Stop worryin' bout' what people say,
Ain't gonna stop em' anyway! Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 02/02/07 6:04pm

doeineffect

avatar

Not what I expected, but I like it. You never know what you're gonna get with this guy, and I appreciate that. That's what has kept me coming back for 26 years.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 02/02/07 6:04pm

paisley16

avatar

I like it even though it was much different than my expectations. And I 100% DISAGREE with the Lolita comparison. That was one of my least liked songs on that album- the song where I chose to go have smoke during the Vegas show. This is a song I wouldn't leave the room for...
Ask where they're going, they'll tell U – "Nowhere"
They've taken a lifetime lease on Paisley Park ...music
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 02/02/07 6:07pm

livewire

avatar

It's just not going to let me download it I guess... of course, my Credit Card will show all these "purchases" on the next bill, I'm sure! mad

This sucks!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 02/02/07 6:10pm

princeiscool

avatar

the general bassline and stuff going on in the back reminds me of "I feel 4 U"- i think "Guitar" sounds kinda like P's old school stuff...the basics of the song remind me of something you would hear on Dirty Mind, mixed with some little pixie keyboard type action from Around The World in a Day and the drumbeat and handclaps like something off of Parade. The more I hear this..I'm on like my 5th listen, I really think this is a good song.
"this is where the PURPLE PARTY PEOPLE be"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 02/02/07 6:10pm

Genesia

avatar

777Zannalee said:

It's really not bad but I thought it would be more rock n roll. But I'm listening on my laptop. On a cd it might be much better. Sounds kinda like a tin can here!!


It definitely sounds better through actual speakers. I listened the first couple times with my laptop sound only -- and then I plugged in my speakers. Huge difference! lol
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 02/02/07 6:14pm

Imago

Ok, so where the hell is the song.

I'm on the 3121 page, but I guess I'm just stupid. sigh
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 02/02/07 6:16pm

777Zannalee

avatar

livewire said:

It's just not going to let me download it I guess... of course, my Credit Card will show all these "purchases" on the next bill, I'm sure! mad

This sucks!!!

Maybe because it was saying duplicate it won't charge you every time?
Sorry you're having problems.
Stop worryin' bout' what people say,
Ain't gonna stop em' anyway! Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 02/02/07 6:18pm

babynoz

livewire said:

It's just not going to let me download it I guess... of course, my Credit Card will show all these "purchases" on the next bill, I'm sure! mad

This sucks!!!




The exact same thing happened to me. I had to clear the browser cache then go back to the page and login again. Then go to my account and the download button finally showed up.
Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 02/02/07 6:20pm

dartluv5

avatar

sad sounds like the pop version of Black Sweat to me

3121 outtake!!

The All Along The Watchtower / Best of You melody spoiled it for me...should of rocked it out in such a manner, but this is Prince we're talking about

ALWAYS expect the unexpected confused
[Edited 2/2/07 18:24pm]
follow me on twitter - Lovenharmony1 aka @DAPfan2c
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 02/02/07 6:20pm

liltalkm

doeineffect said:

Not what I expected, but I like it. You never know what you're gonna get with this guy, and I appreciate that. That's what has kept me coming back for 26 years.



Me too.

Later
Cause tomorrow is taking too long
and yesterday's too far away
and the reality that you believe in begins to bind.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 02/02/07 6:22pm

adoreupurpleon
e

anyone else having a hard time registering to download song??? Can't get past the password....HELP
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 02/02/07 6:24pm

Handclapsfinga
snapz

Haystack said:

Pr1nce3411 said:



Thank u, finally an honest Prince fan. I find it funny how everybody's response 2 the song is about 3 words, i like it, it sounds great. Rewind 1 hour ago, responses were I think it will b a mixture of, i hope it is blah blah blah. If u guys don't like the song don't b afraid 2 say it. If Andre 3000 came out with this song u would bash this song 2 death. I love the, "i listened 2 this song 20 times and now i like it." Isn't that what is going on n the pop world now, the companies give us garbage (not saying the song is garbage bcuz it is not) but they give us garbage 2 listen 2 over and over again until we r forced 2 like it or just tolerate it. I really love the, " i like this song, but it would sound great live with..... ( a list of additions and corrections). I wish every1 would critic songs like the do songs of the past. Prince fans r getting soft.


Hey, don't generalise. I like it and I've posted my honest feelings about the song here. I'd certainly say if I didn't like it - my Prince fandom isn't that blind that I just claim to like everything he does even when I don't, and I doubt anybody else does that either. Maybe the people who are saying they like it really do (food for thought for you). Just because someone says that they don't like it doesn't make them the only honest person here. They're entitled to not like it, just as you are, but don't assume that everybody who disagrees with your view on the song is being 'dishonest'. It seems that a number of people like the song. It's a shame that that is upsetting you.

you stole the words outta my head...i was just gonna say that! thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 02/02/07 6:25pm

Handclapsfinga
snapz

Moonbeam said:

I've got and now I've heard it. And my reaction is:


lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 02/02/07 6:30pm

Jestyr

livewire said:

It's just not going to let me download it I guess... of course, my Credit Card will show all these "purchases" on the next bill, I'm sure! mad

This sucks!!!


'wire:

Click on 'my account' at the top and then click on the link to the order, then let it guide you back to the download screen from there.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 02/02/07 6:37pm

Accujack

adoreupurpleone said:

anyone else having a hard time registering to download song??? Can't get past the password....HELP

When setting a password use one symbol such as #, *, etc., along with a word.
He is exactly who we thought he was
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 02/02/07 6:38pm

veronikka

adoreupurpleone said:

anyone else having a hard time registering to download song??? Can't get past the password....HELP



Aside from letters and numbers you need to include a symbol as well like !@#$, hope this helps I had a hard time figuring this out too, someone on her posted it and it worked for me.


I love the song, "I love you baby but not like I love my guitar" biggrin
[Edited 2/2/07 18:41pm]
Rhythm floods my heart♥The melody it feeds my soul
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 02/02/07 6:40pm

Jestyr

adoreupurpleone said:

anyone else having a hard time registering to download song??? Can't get past the password....HELP



You have to include a character in your password that is neither a number nor a letter....like ! or @.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 02/02/07 6:41pm

Imago




OMG, I love this song! lol


It lends itself to remixing like a motherfucker. Probably makes a great live song too.

It's simple, catchy, not-over-the-top, and poppy. It sounds like mixing "Shake" from Graffit Bridge, "Do it All Night" from Dirty Mind, and something the B-52s would release. Really fun.

I normally hate his choice of singles, but this one is kind of fun. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 02/02/07 6:41pm

tomato

Hell, I love the song --I shall prepare myself now for the label of ass-kisser or brainwashed or whatever. I don't care. If I like the song, why should I pretend that I don't. It has a cool little melody, a lot of energy, witty vibe. Love the layered sounds, great on the headphones. Hope P plays it at the Superbowl.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 02/02/07 6:42pm

Imago

tomato said:

Hell, I love the song --I shall prepare myself now for the label of ass-kisser or brainwashed or whatever. I don't care. If I like the song, why should I pretend that I don't. It has a cool little melody, a lot of energy, witty vibe. Love the layered sounds, great on the headphones. Hope P plays it at the Superbowl.




Yes! But not because you love the song or anything. shrug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 16 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Guitar - Love It or Hate It