independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 25th Oct 2014 9:46am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince and Sheila E. -Strange relationship? Dating?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/12/06 1:34pm

sharonbell

Prince and Sheila E. -Strange relationship? Dating?

Maybe I'm uninformed but I was wondering if Prince and Shelia ever dated each other? I heard a story about Shelia going to visit Prince when he was dating Mayte and being sent away. Did anyone hear about that? Was there any competition between Cat and Sheila during the Lovesexy tour? Do you think they're just friends now, or dating. Seems like they always end up back together in some form or the other. She also seems to be the one who's stuck with him the longest.

Did anyone hear the story of Miko (I think it him, the guitar player during Lovesexy) who said he was going to write a book about Prince and Shelia?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/12/06 1:39pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

I get the feeling he and Shelia were only friends

Thus, they are still buddies now, unlike he and his past girlfriends


[Edited 11/12/06 13:47pm]
It'ssss showtime!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/12/06 1:40pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

They are just friends
Edmonton, AB - canada

"hush nubbits" !
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/12/06 2:02pm

namepeace

I remember when Ebony ran a story years ago on "Prince's women" and IIRC, Sheila indicated that they had a relationship of some sort. Of course, that could have just been PR, like Vanity.
Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/12/06 2:33pm

theoriginalQue
enB

sharonbell said:

Maybe I'm uninformed but I was wondering if Prince and Shelia ever dated each other? I heard a story about Shelia going to visit Prince when he was dating Mayte and being sent away. Did anyone hear about that? Was there any competition between Cat and Sheila during the Lovesexy tour? Do you think they're just friends now, or dating. Seems like they always end up back together in some form or the other. She also seems to be the one who's stuck with him the longest.

Did anyone hear the story of Miko (I think it him, the guitar player during Lovesexy) who said he was going to write a book about Prince and Shelia?


lightning rainbo drawing from my experiences N radioland & having the opportunity 2 B 'up close & personal' around them 2gether 1 or 2 times eye must honestly tell U.....Prince ain't Shelia's.....'type'...respect prohibits B from saying more....altho some folks can see & know what eye 'm saying cool

queen B
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/12/06 2:33pm

ufoclub

avatar

I always was under the impression that they originally dated around Purple Rain, then remained friends. I could be wrong. "Wrong Roy"
30 seconds of spooky music with a real harp and banging pots and pans: https://soundcloud.com/uf...-phenomena

VIDEO WORK: http://sharadkantpatel.com
MUSIC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ufoclub1977
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/12/06 4:01pm

metalorange

avatar

The Vault indicated that their relationship blossomed into a romance during the recording of her first album I think it was, but doesn't give any more details.

Seems for the longer time thought that they have just been good friends, one of the few people who has left Prince's camp and been allowed back on regular occasions, a testament to Shiela's strong character I reckon. I've never heard that story about her being sent away, find it hard to believe but you never know.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/12/06 4:30pm

PurpleKnight

avatar

It's definitely unusual for one of Prince's ex-gfs to stay with him as a friend all these years, but this is Sheila E. we're talking about. I guess even Prince realizes he'd be a fool to let things with her go sour. The woman's too damn cool.
The world is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.

"You still wanna take me to prison...just because I won't trade humanity for patriotism."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/12/06 4:42pm

LleeLlee

avatar

PurpleKnight said:

It's definitely unusual for one of Prince's ex-gfs to stay with him as a friend all these years, but this is Sheila E. we're talking about. I guess even Prince realizes he'd be a fool to let things with her go sour. The woman's too damn cool.



I agree, it seems that the friendship outlasted the romance which is unusual for him, but didn't he also date Lisa and Jill at one point, both of them stuck around after the romance died too, but not as long as Sheila..
hammer
rolleyes



http://orgerswithoutborders.ning.com/
"Playing electric guitar your whole life does something to you. I'm convinced all that electricity racing through my body made me keep my hair."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/12/06 9:21pm

Silkilove

avatar

I read a magazine interview (Essence or Ebony) where they quoted Sheila saying they were engaged around 1988, Wish I could remember which magazine, I was as shocked to read that as I was to read Nona Gaye and he were an item.
-Silk
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/12/06 9:29pm

luv2luvya

avatar

Silkilove said:

I read a magazine interview (Essence or Ebony) where they quoted Sheila saying they were engaged around 1988, Wish I could remember which magazine, I was as shocked to read that as I was to read Nona Gaye and he were an item.



All the other kids would luv2luvya...but you're my little private joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/13/06 12:16am

ufoclub

avatar

ENGAGED?!
30 seconds of spooky music with a real harp and banging pots and pans: https://soundcloud.com/uf...-phenomena

VIDEO WORK: http://sharadkantpatel.com
MUSIC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ufoclub1977
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/13/06 1:01am

prodigalfan

avatar

looks like Sheila is married. check out the rock and wedding band on her finger!!
So... maybe she likes to keep things private.
"Remember, one man's filler is another man's killer" -- Haystack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/13/06 1:50am

sj1600

avatar

She always looks so lovely, and she always comes across as such a hard worker. She deserves all her success - love her!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/13/06 1:53am

lonelygurl8305

luv2luvya said:

Silkilove said:

I read a magazine interview (Essence or Ebony) where they quoted Sheila saying they were engaged around 1988, Wish I could remember which magazine, I was as shocked to read that as I was to read Nona Gaye and he were an item.








Wow, Shelia is such a purty woman!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/13/06 4:29am

PricelessHo

avatar

wow she's so pretty
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/13/06 5:02am

SoulAlive

Sheila E. and Prince were engaged in 1988.She said so herself.According to her,she broke off the engagement because Prince had too many other women in his life.He wasn't ready to settle down.


.
[Edited 11/13/06 5:02am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/13/06 5:05am

SoulAlive

sharonbell said:

I heard a story about Shelia going to visit Prince when he was dating Mayte and being sent away. Did anyone hear about that?



Are you sure you're not referring to Cat? In 1994,she spotted Prince and Mayte at Glam Slam in Los Angeles.She went up to them,looked at Prince and said "I like the two of you dancing together,but it will never compare to what you and I had".Prince took offense at this comment and Cat was escorted away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/14/06 7:14am

reina30

PurpleKnight said:

It's definitely unusual for one of Prince's ex-gfs to stay with him as a friend all these years, but this is Sheila E. we're talking about. I guess even Prince realizes he'd be a fool to let things with her go sour. The woman's too damn cool.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/14/06 7:15am

reina30

Only Sheila and Prince really know what is going on between them, the rest is pure especulation and wishful thinking... eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/14/06 7:46am

irrisistableB

avatar

No one can say but them but I never thought they screwed around. Who has she dated? I think she is the one person that has worked with him the longest. Who else had stayed as long? Even though she does her own thing too I like them together. She's talented and most of all she seems the most supportive and positive. She's just marvelous. thumbs up!
Don't take life too seriously, noone gets out alive.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/14/06 7:58am

wlcm2thdwn

The only reason they stayed friends this long is because they're not lovers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/14/06 7:59am

thekidsgirl

avatar

Sheila looks JUST LIKE Halle Berry when she was making Catwoman in that picture!! eek
It'ssss showtime!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/14/06 8:49am

sinisterpentat
onic

COME ON NOW!!! They at least fucked after making Erotic City. nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/14/06 8:52am

DanceWme

Sheila is Beautiful
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/14/06 9:09am

reina30

They probably had a thing going on at some point but still managed to remain friends which goes to show there is no bitterness between them. I think Prince has a lot of respect for Sheila and viceversa. Sheila is an excellent musician so they complement each other well . I like to see them playing together..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/14/06 9:54am

hokie1

theoriginalQueenB said:

sharonbell said:

Maybe I'm uninformed but I was wondering if Prince and Shelia ever dated each other? I heard a story about Shelia going to visit Prince when he was dating Mayte and being sent away. Did anyone hear about that? Was there any competition between Cat and Sheila during the Lovesexy tour? Do you think they're just friends now, or dating. Seems like they always end up back together in some form or the other. She also seems to be the one who's stuck with him the longest.

Did anyone hear the story of Miko (I think it him, the guitar player during Lovesexy) who said he was going to write a book about Prince and Shelia?


lightning rainbo drawing from my experiences N radioland & having the opportunity 2 B 'up close & personal' around them 2gether 1 or 2 times eye must honestly tell U.....Prince ain't Shelia's.....'type'...respect prohibits B from saying more....altho some folks can see & know what eye 'm saying cool

queen B



understand perfectly
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/14/06 9:58am

vinaysfunk

Like many of you have mentioned at various times there are certain artists that bring out the best in P. I would agree that Wendy did this and I would certainly say that Sheila E brings out the best. I am so glad there still involved with each other, don't U agree? As far as a strange relationship is concerned I think most of P's realtionships with woman are strange to begin with, they usually end with finding God, or going for rock musicians.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/14/06 1:42pm

ufoclub

avatar

theoriginalQueenB said:

sharonbell said:

Maybe I'm uninformed but I was wondering if Prince and Shelia ever dated each other? I heard a story about Shelia going to visit Prince when he was dating Mayte and being sent away. Did anyone hear about that? Was there any competition between Cat and Sheila during the Lovesexy tour? Do you think they're just friends now, or dating. Seems like they always end up back together in some form or the other. She also seems to be the one who's stuck with him the longest.

Did anyone hear the story of Miko (I think it him, the guitar player during Lovesexy) who said he was going to write a book about Prince and Shelia?


lightning rainbo drawing from my experiences N radioland & having the opportunity 2 B 'up close & personal' around them 2gether 1 or 2 times eye must honestly tell U.....Prince ain't Shelia's.....'type'...respect prohibits B from saying more....altho some folks can see & know what eye 'm saying cool

queen B



that's what I thought now, but not back then in the early 80's.
30 seconds of spooky music with a real harp and banging pots and pans: https://soundcloud.com/uf...-phenomena

VIDEO WORK: http://sharadkantpatel.com
MUSIC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ufoclub1977
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/14/06 2:52pm

theoriginalQue
enB

PurpleKnight said:

It's definitely unusual for one of Prince's ex-gfs to stay with him as a friend all these years, but this is Sheila E. we're talking about. I guess even Prince realizes he'd be a fool to let things with her go sour. The woman's too damn cool.


lightning rainbo so true PurpleKnight....its Beauteous that he allows one around who brings the grace 2 'speak Truth 2 power' & not get banished cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince and Sheila E. -Strange relationship? Dating?