independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 18th Apr 2014 11:12am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > what a dick!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/25/05 4:56am

blackboab

what a dick!

just saw this and remembered that i sold my extra sealed copy for £3.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/...68522&rd=1
....

....WHAT A DICK! doh!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/25/05 5:22am

treb

Be happy you got 3 pounds. I gave my extra copy to a friend of mine - for free.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/25/05 5:37am

kidcreole

It takes a hard lesson like this to become a true Prince collector. I knew this was a collectible the day I got it. That is why I never opened my second copy. It is also why I bought 3 copies of NEWS (it was only $10). People will be searching for these in a few months. I keep spares of several items like this. I also buy everything that is released. I did this back int he 80s when people were not paying attention to the Paisley Park artists like Mazarati, Jill Jones, Madhouse, Ingrid Chavez - now those CDs go for a ransom. Have you seen what a Vanity 6 CD goes for on eBay??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/25/05 8:53am

8up

avatar

How did you extra copies? The day mine came in the mail I attacked it. I miss getting stuff in the mail. Are those days over?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/25/05 9:54am

Eroticist

avatar

Reminds of when I saw The Family's album on CD back in 93...a Japanese import in the USED CDs bin...I passed on it cuz I didn't wanna get anything else that day and told myself "I'll come get it tomorrow"...shit was LONG GONE by the time I got there...Fuck.
Desire, it covers our faces
It happens in curious places
Your body, it covers my tower
Ecstasy is ours
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/25/05 9:57am

TheFrogSpawn

kidcreole said:

It takes a hard lesson like this to become a true Prince collector. I knew this was a collectible the day I got it. That is why I never opened my second copy. It is also why I bought 3 copies of NEWS (it was only $10). People will be searching for these in a few months. I keep spares of several items like this. I also buy everything that is released. I did this back int he 80s when people were not paying attention to the Paisley Park artists like Mazarati, Jill Jones, Madhouse, Ingrid Chavez - now those CDs go for a ransom. Have you seen what a Vanity 6 CD goes for on eBay??


omg

the rest i can see...this i seriously doubt.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/25/05 10:13am

muirdo

avatar

i think he is being a little greedy at £70.
The going rate seems to be from £40 - £50
i cant see many people bidding for it.
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/25/05 11:01am

dazedawhile

saw a war cd on ebay go for over $200.!!!!! thats a lot for one song. i just burned a copy from the cassette to cd. the cassette is actually good quality tape even though its not metal.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/25/05 12:38pm

sextonseven

avatar

kidcreole said:

Have you seen what a Vanity 6 CD goes for on eBay??


Yes, between $25 and $50 on ebay which is relatively cheap compared to CDs by The Family, Mazarati and Apollonia 6. Expect to pay at least $100 each for those.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/25/05 2:11pm

softandwet

i doubt NEWS will be that collectable simply because you can buy it on amazon and the npgmc, and ONA might go down in price for the cd once everyone realises its available for $10 as a download.

casual fans will suffice for that i'd have thought, then again its not exactly casual fans paying £70 for a cd so what do i know?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/25/05 3:24pm

sextonseven

avatar

softandwet said:

i doubt NEWS will be that collectable simply because you can buy it on amazon and the npgmc, and ONA might go down in price for the cd once everyone realises its available for $10 as a download.

casual fans will suffice for that i'd have thought, then again its not exactly casual fans paying £70 for a cd so what do i know?


Collectors will always prefer a physical CD. Remember those NPG singles (Peace, Underneath The Cream, The Daisychain) that were only sold at shows a few years ago and are now out of print? Even though they have all been available as downloads for awhile now (as part of 'The Chocolate Invasion' and 'The Slaughterhouse' comps), whenever one of those original CD singles appear on ebay, they still sell for lots of money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/25/05 7:44pm

cinnamonjo

avatar

There are no bids, mind you.
Dynamic Savior Said:


Also, do you think that ugly people are God's cruel joke on humanity (like the platypus and the heterosexual) or another form of population control?


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/25/05 7:48pm

Neversin

avatar

TheFrogSpawn said:

kidcreole said:

It takes a hard lesson like this to become a true Prince collector. I knew this was a collectible the day I got it. That is why I never opened my second copy. It is also why I bought 3 copies of NEWS (it was only $10). People will be searching for these in a few months. I keep spares of several items like this. I also buy everything that is released. I did this back int he 80s when people were not paying attention to the Paisley Park artists like Mazarati, Jill Jones, Madhouse, Ingrid Chavez - now those CDs go for a ransom. Have you seen what a Vanity 6 CD goes for on eBay??


omg

the rest i can see...this i seriously doubt.

Unless it's the initial version without barcode and slightly different artwork on the CD...

Neversin.
O(+>NIN<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/25/05 7:50pm

Crappallonia

avatar

sextonseven said:

kidcreole said:

Have you seen what a Vanity 6 CD goes for on eBay??


Yes, between $25 and $50 on ebay which is relatively cheap compared to CDs by The Family, Mazarati and Apollonia 6. Expect to pay at least $100 each for those.


Dude, I've seen A6 bids for like $250! eek
horns ...come on Alfred... pack ya shit... horns


Csquare
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/26/05 6:23am

kidcreole

Eroticist said:

Reminds of when I saw The Family's album on CD back in 93...a Japanese import in the USED CDs bin...I passed on it cuz I didn't wanna get anything else that day and told myself "I'll come get it tomorrow"...shit was LONG GONE by the time I got there...Fuck.



Thats a brutal story - that disc goes for 3 figures on eBay.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/26/05 6:25am

kidcreole

TheFrogSpawn said:

kidcreole said:

It takes a hard lesson like this to become a true Prince collector. I knew this was a collectible the day I got it. That is why I never opened my second copy. It is also why I bought 3 copies of NEWS (it was only $10). People will be searching for these in a few months. I keep spares of several items like this. I also buy everything that is released. I did this back int he 80s when people were not paying attention to the Paisley Park artists like Mazarati, Jill Jones, Madhouse, Ingrid Chavez - now those CDs go for a ransom. Have you seen what a Vanity 6 CD goes for on eBay??


omg

the rest i can see...this i seriously doubt.



Doubt on - this album is an oddity and Prince fans will want to hear it. not enough people did because the genre is too advanced for the average hip hop and pop music listener. Real jazz heads appreciate more, I think.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/26/05 6:27am

kidcreole

Neversin said:

TheFrogSpawn said:



omg

the rest i can see...this i seriously doubt.

Unless it's the initial version without barcode and slightly different artwork on the CD...

Neversin.



Right there you have a collectible that is relevant to real collectors: oddities, limited editions, album that will be out of print soon or are out of print. Who the hell was rushing out to buy Apollonis 6 on CD when it was released in Japan? Now the disc goes for $300 on eBay.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/26/05 6:50am

destinyismine

avatar

mad that's way too much considering you can just download it.
How can I live 4 love? I'm calling!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/26/05 7:39am

sextonseven

avatar

Crappallonia said:

sextonseven said:



Yes, between $25 and $50 on ebay which is relatively cheap compared to CDs by The Family, Mazarati and Apollonia 6. Expect to pay at least $100 each for those.


Dude, I've seen A6 bids for like $250! eek


Yeah, that's probably the rarest one of all.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/26/05 8:40am

Neversin

avatar

sextonseven said:

Crappallonia said:



Dude, I've seen A6 bids for like $250! eek


Yeah, that's probably the rarest one of all.

The "Mazarati" CD is rarest one of all, back when these Japanese releases came all Prince fans knew who A6 was and bought it but only the hardcore collectors knew about "Mazarati"... The last time I sold one of those it went for $500+ whereas the A6 album goes for max. the half of that...

Neversin.
O(+>NIN<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/26/05 10:56am

Eroticist

avatar

Neversin said:

sextonseven said:



Yeah, that's probably the rarest one of all.

The "Mazarati" CD is rarest one of all, back when these Japanese releases came all Prince fans knew who A6 was and bought it but only the hardcore collectors knew about "Mazarati"... The last time I sold one of those it went for $500+ whereas the A6 album goes for max. the half of that...

Neversin.


More rare than The Family?
Desire, it covers our faces
It happens in curious places
Your body, it covers my tower
Ecstasy is ours
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/26/05 12:23pm

sextonseven

avatar

Eroticist said:

Neversin said:


The "Mazarati" CD is rarest one of all, back when these Japanese releases came all Prince fans knew who A6 was and bought it but only the hardcore collectors knew about "Mazarati"... The last time I sold one of those it went for $500+ whereas the A6 album goes for max. the half of that...

Neversin.


More rare than The Family?


Definitely. The last Mazarati CD I saw on ebay sold for over $300. I don't recall the Family CD ever selling for that much.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/26/05 12:51pm

purpledoveuk

I sold my spare copy for £70 on Ebay

To be honest I hate the album so I certainly didnt want 2 copies...but I like that money
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/26/05 4:33pm

Neversin

avatar

Eroticist said:

Neversin said:


The "Mazarati" CD is rarest one of all, back when these Japanese releases came all Prince fans knew who A6 was and bought it but only the hardcore collectors knew about "Mazarati"... The last time I sold one of those it went for $500+ whereas the A6 album goes for max. the half of that...

Neversin.


More rare than The Family?

The Family was released on CD both in Europe and Japan so there's alot of those going around...

Neversin.
O(+>NIN<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/26/05 5:17pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

sextonseven said:

softandwet said:

i doubt NEWS will be that collectable simply because you can buy it on amazon and the npgmc, and ONA might go down in price for the cd once everyone realises its available for $10 as a download.

casual fans will suffice for that i'd have thought, then again its not exactly casual fans paying £70 for a cd so what do i know?


Collectors will always prefer a physical CD. Remember those NPG singles (Peace, Underneath The Cream, The Daisychain) that were only sold at shows a few years ago and are now out of print? Even though they have all been available as downloads for awhile now (as part of 'The Chocolate Invasion' and 'The Slaughterhouse' comps), whenever one of those original CD singles appear on ebay, they still sell for lots of money.


True dat.
If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/01/05 11:07pm

muirdo

avatar

no one bought it.
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/02/05 12:29am

Eroticist

avatar

kidcreole said:

Eroticist said:

Reminds of when I saw The Family's album on CD back in 93...a Japanese import in the USED CDs bin...I passed on it cuz I didn't wanna get anything else that day and told myself "I'll come get it tomorrow"...shit was LONG GONE by the time I got there...Fuck.



Thats a brutal story - that disc goes for 3 figures on eBay.


ARRRRGH! Dont remind me! LOL!
Desire, it covers our faces
It happens in curious places
Your body, it covers my tower
Ecstasy is ours
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > what a dick!