independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 22nd Nov 2014 11:08pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Ryde Divine - Album
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/02/05 3:57am

dykie2000

Ryde Divine - Album

Has anyone got the listing for this album as I have just got the songs but not the song order....

The album is titled:

PRINCE & The new power generation- The Ryde Divine

eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/02/05 5:04am

ewald

avatar

[19 December, 1992] - United States/Minneapolis/Paisley Park
The Ryde Dyvine [The Crayons], Everybody Get On Up [Carmen Electra] , Let's Get Satisfied [George Clinton] , Tender Heart [Rosie Gaines] , U Will Be Moved [Mavis Stapels] , Sexy MF/Love 2 The 9's/Damn U , Eye Wanna Melt With U/3 Chains O' Gold , The Sacrifice Of Victor
Thank God this ain't Monopoly
U'd make us all go back 2 start
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/02/05 6:04am

MetroArea

avatar

ewald said:

[19 December, 1992] - United States/Minneapolis/Paisley Park
The Ryde Dyvine [The Crayons], Everybody Get On Up [Carmen Electra] , Let's Get Satisfied [George Clinton] , Tender Heart [Rosie Gaines] , U Will Be Moved [Mavis Stapels] , Sexy MF/Love 2 The 9's/Damn U , Eye Wanna Melt With U/3 Chains O' Gold , The Sacrifice Of Victor


That's not an album it's the TV performance.

There is no 'Ryde Dyvyne' - I'm saying that not checking any references, but other than an early version of what became 1800 NF, I don't think there was.
Don't worry, I can't get pregnant - my ovaries are diseased......
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/02/05 7:28am

shaomi

dykie2000 said:

Has anyone got the listing for this album as I have just got the songs but not the song order....

The album is titled:

PRINCE & The new power generation- The Ryde Divine

eek


There was no other tracks recorded by The Crayons/MPLS than The Ryde Divine & MPLS (+ the ext version of MPLS). The project was canceled after a tape release of the above tracks. It more or less became NPG's Exodus in that sense that Sonny T's on vocals, & all this material has a rough, P-funk sound.
There WAS a TV show called The Ryde Divine, tracklist above.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/02/05 8:00am

BorisFishpaw

avatar

There was no 'Ryde Dyvine' album.
There was a TV special with that name which ewald listed, and I'm sure there
have been many bootlegs of this show, so I expect that's what you're refering
to.

the track 'The Ryde Dyvine' was originally attributed to 'The Crayons' and
was their one and only recording under this name. The track later surfaced
officially as the b-side to 'MPLS' by 'Minneapolis'. There was going to be
an album by 'Minneapolis' but it got shelved and morphed into the released
1-800-NEW-FUNK album. 'Minneapolis' wasn't a band with a definite fixed
line-up, and the album was going to feature several local musicians and
lead vocalists.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/03/05 1:43am

ewald

avatar

MetroArea said:

ewald said:

[19 December, 1992] - United States/Minneapolis/Paisley Park
The Ryde Dyvine [The Crayons], Everybody Get On Up [Carmen Electra] , Let's Get Satisfied [George Clinton] , Tender Heart [Rosie Gaines] , U Will Be Moved [Mavis Stapels] , Sexy MF/Love 2 The 9's/Damn U , Eye Wanna Melt With U/3 Chains O' Gold , The Sacrifice Of Victor


That's not an album it's the TV performance.

There is no 'Ryde Dyvyne' - I'm saying that not checking any references, but other than an early version of what became 1800 NF, I don't think there was.

`

Its an album made from the TV performance..... wink
Thank God this ain't Monopoly
U'd make us all go back 2 start
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/03/05 9:05am

MetroArea

avatar

ewald said:

MetroArea said:



That's not an album it's the TV performance.

There is no 'Ryde Dyvyne' - I'm saying that not checking any references, but other than an early version of what became 1800 NF, I don't think there was.

`

Its an album made from the TV performance..... wink


So, it's a bootleg as we said, not an album... wink
[Edited 4/3/05 9:05am]
Don't worry, I can't get pregnant - my ovaries are diseased......
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Ryde Divine - Album