independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd May 2019 2:37am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Video: JILL JONES speaks about PRINCE during new interview & has written liner notes for "Piano & A Microphone 1983"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 09/10/18 10:27pm

CatB

endiadj said:

Some of you are making it sound like these women were kept in the dark and didn't know about Prince's philandering ways. I beg to differ. If the fans knew then these women who were in the middle of it knew, so they were walking into the situation with eyes wide open. Many were willing to go along with it for the ride. Nothing bad about it, but let's not make this out to be that Prince was some monster.



Exactly. Win-win. I don't even wanna know how many of them took advantage of him and walked into the situation with that very intent. And like one of the girls said - by playing them he played himself.


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 09/10/18 11:13pm

Latin

Jill Jones posted the following today:

"My Monday Morning Motivation Mode. Coming off of a weekend I get myself into work mode by easing myself into the transition. Lemon water room temperature, Shower, meditation, I brew one of my favorite teas or coffee , read an inspirational page from one of my many spiritual books around here, I put on the Calm rainstorm app and listen to some mantras from my tidal or Spotify playlist. In the middle of the afternoon I will have another inner sanctuary moment & do some yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️ poses; treat myself to another cup of tea ( Today’s treat was my ultimate favorite; Lapsang Souchang) 🍵 & maybe a sweet. Re-center & finish the day. #mondaymotivation #always #selfcare #ifnotmethanwhoelse"

https://www.instagram.com...jx_soDgqZ/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 09/11/18 2:24am

databank

avatar

SkipperLove said:

Very respectful (and sweet) interview. But I don't think the interviewer was right that Prince never gave consent for remakes of his songs other than Jill. Chaka Khan and Alicia Keyes were allowed with his consent, were they not? I know Alicia asked first.

Latin said:

Here is a new interview with Jill Jones produced by Good Day Sacramento CBS: https://gooddaysacramento...ill-jones/

[Edited 8/25/18 12:59pm]

I've read somewhere that in the 80's Warner Chapell was trying to shop around Prince albums songs they thought had potential for covers, to generate income, and were partly responsible for early covers such maybe as the 2 Private Joy covers (La Toya and Cheyne) or the 2 I Feel For You covers (Chaka and Rebbie).

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 09/11/18 4:28am

PennyPurple

avatar

Latin said:

Jill Jones posted the following today: "My Monday Morning Motivation Mode. Coming off of a weekend I get myself into work mode by easing myself into the transition. Lemon water room temperature, Shower, meditation, I brew one of my favorite teas or coffee , read an inspirational page from one of my many spiritual books around here, I put on the Calm rainstorm app and listen to some mantras from my tidal or Spotify playlist. In the middle of the afternoon I will have another inner sanctuary moment & do some yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️ poses; treat myself to another cup of tea ( Today’s treat was my ultimate favorite; Lapsang Souchang) 🍵 & maybe a sweet. Re-center & finish the day. #mondaymotivation #always #selfcare #ifnotmethanwhoelse" https://www.instagram.com...jx_soDgqZ/

Thanks Latin.

You always find the most interesting things!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 09/11/18 5:03am

violetcrush

CatB said:

endiadj said:

Some of you are making it sound like these women were kept in the dark and didn't know about Prince's philandering ways. I beg to differ. If the fans knew then these women who were in the middle of it knew, so they were walking into the situation with eyes wide open. Many were willing to go along with it for the ride. Nothing bad about it, but let's not make this out to be that Prince was some monster.



Exactly. Win-win. I don't even wanna know how many of them took advantage of him and walked into the situation with that very intent. And like one of the girls said - by playing them he played himself.


I don't think anyone here is implying that Prince was some kind pf "monster" when it came to women. Not at all. Despite his complexities most have stated he was very respectful and good to them. However, it is definitely true that as he got older he preferred younger women, 18-22 age range. He was a smart guy, and I'm sure he knew that they were much more impressionable and easier to control. There is a high degree of naivitey and gullibility with this age group. They don't yet have wisdom from life experiences, and are more likely to defer to his decisions and choices over their own. I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group. And no doubt he was just more physically attracted to the younger women vs women his own age as he got older.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 09/11/18 5:06am

violetcrush

PennyPurple said:

Latin said:

Jill Jones posted the following today: "My Monday Morning Motivation Mode. Coming off of a weekend I get myself into work mode by easing myself into the transition. Lemon water room temperature, Shower, meditation, I brew one of my favorite teas or coffee , read an inspirational page from one of my many spiritual books around here, I put on the Calm rainstorm app and listen to some mantras from my tidal or Spotify playlist. In the middle of the afternoon I will have another inner sanctuary moment & do some yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️ poses; treat myself to another cup of tea ( Today’s treat was my ultimate favorite; Lapsang Souchang) 🍵 & maybe a sweet. Re-center & finish the day. #mondaymotivation #always #selfcare #ifnotmethanwhoelse" https://www.instagram.com...jx_soDgqZ/

Thanks Latin.

You always find the most interesting things!

Yoga, meditation and lemon water are quite common morning routines smile Nice to see that she is taking care of herself physically and emotionally though. Very important these days...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 09/11/18 5:30am

violetcrush

databank said:

SkipperLove said:

Very respectful (and sweet) interview. But I don't think the interviewer was right that Prince never gave consent for remakes of his songs other than Jill. Chaka Khan and Alicia Keyes were allowed with his consent, were they not? I know Alicia asked first.

[Edited 8/25/18 12:59pm]

I've read somewhere that in the 80's Warner Chapell was trying to shop around Prince albums songs they thought had potential for covers, to generate income, and were partly responsible for early covers such maybe as the 2 Private Joy covers (La Toya and Cheyne) or the 2 I Feel For You covers (Chaka and Rebbie).

I'm sure he had no problem with Chaka taking I Feel For You. He was always a huge fan of hers, and she had a big hit with that song. I used to blast it on the radio in my car back in the day smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 09/11/18 5:43am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

violetcrush said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Are U an actor or talent agent? If not........

All of them were chosen because of devine intervention. They ALL were touched by an angel not of this earth who christened them into stardom. Now Prince is on his path into a better spiritual existence.That includes a life of never ending happiness.

LOL. I think many of those associates would describe their time with him differently than being touched by an Angel or divine intervention. This goes back to the MPLS crew. They all recognize his genius and talent, but all have discussed the issues as well. His controlling nature and social/communication issues caused conflicts, even with those close to him. He was complicated. Many extremely talented artists are complicated.

Either way Prince still made them well known entertainers. The entertaiment industry is not without it's conflicts whomever is at the helm. STOP singling out Prince!

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 09/11/18 5:48am

CatB

violetcrush said:



CatB said:




endiadj said:


Some of you are making it sound like these women were kept in the dark and didn't know about Prince's philandering ways. I beg to differ. If the fans knew then these women who were in the middle of it knew, so they were walking into the situation with eyes wide open. Many were willing to go along with it for the ride. Nothing bad about it, but let's not make this out to be that Prince was some monster.



Exactly. Win-win. I don't even wanna know how many of them took advantage of him and walked into the situation with that very intent. And like one of the girls said - by playing them he played himself.





I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group.



See my reply #85 in this thread wink
"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 09/11/18 5:54am

violetcrush

ChocolateBox3121 said:

violetcrush said:

ChocolateBox3121 said: LOL. I think many of those associates would describe their time with him differently than being touched by an Angel or divine intervention. This goes back to the MPLS crew. They all recognize his genius and talent, but all have discussed the issues as well. His controlling nature and social/communication issues caused conflicts, even with those close to him. He was complicated. Many extremely talented artists are complicated.

Either way Prince still made them well known entertainers. The entertaiment industry is not without it's conflicts whomever is at the helm. STOP singling out Prince!

Uh, the last time I checked, this is a site about ALL things PRINCE related, correct?? This is Prince.org right? Or am I on the wrong site??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 09/11/18 5:59am

violetcrush

CatB said:

violetcrush said:

I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group.

See my reply #85 in this thread wink

Yes, I know - already knew this, it's all in his lyrics....

*

101

"Nothing on TV, my girlfriends bore me. They try to please me, but I need my baby. You and me, need to be, together physically"

*

Empty Room

"Found a strand of your hair
By the bathroom window
How am I ever gonna get you off my mind?

In my bed, in my head
Every word you've spoken
Now how am I gonna fill this empty room?"

*

It's all in the songs. He needed emotional and intellectual stimulation - not just physcial

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 09/11/18 6:06am

CatB

violetcrush said:



CatB said:


violetcrush said:



I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group.



See my reply #85 in this thread wink


Yes, I know - already knew this, it's all in his lyrics....


*


101



"Nothing on TV, my girlfriends bore me. They try to please me, but I need my baby. You and me, need to be, together physically"


*


Empty Room



"Found a strand of your hair
By the bathroom window
How am I ever gonna get you off my mind?


In my bed, in my head
Every word you've spoken
Now how am I gonna fill this empty room?"


*


It's all in the songs. He needed emotional and intellectual stimulation - not just physcial



My reply was a response to the one in which you quoted me wink which looked to me like you think that I didn't know.
"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 09/11/18 6:10am

violetcrush

CatB said:

violetcrush said:

Yes, I know - already knew this, it's all in his lyrics....

*

101

"Nothing on TV, my girlfriends bore me. They try to please me, but I need my baby. You and me, need to be, together physically"

*

Empty Room

"Found a strand of your hair
By the bathroom window
How am I ever gonna get you off my mind?

In my bed, in my head
Every word you've spoken
Now how am I gonna fill this empty room?"

*

It's all in the songs. He needed emotional and intellectual stimulation - not just physcial

My reply was a response to the one in which you quoted me wink which looked to me like you think that I didn't know.

No, didn't quote you at all. Those were my own words and thoughts, as I could not possibly keep track of every post on this thread smile I have written the same on many other threads with regard to discusssions about what he seemed to want in relationships with women.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 09/11/18 6:15am

violetcrush

violetcrush said:

CatB said:

violetcrush said: My reply was a response to the one in which you quoted me wink which looked to me like you think that I didn't know.

No, didn't quote you at all. Those were my own words and thoughts, as I could not possibly keep track of every post on this thread smile I have written the same on many other threads with regard to discusssions about what he seemed to want in relationships with women.

This was my response (#71) prior to yours regarding Prince needing more intellectual stimulation...

Yes, Susannah was smarter, more cultured, and had musical knowledge and knew the business more than the others. I think they just bonded in many ways, and he took inspirations and advice from her. She taught him things, as opposed tohim teaching the others. Troy may have had a better head on her shoulders than some of the others, but I think he still "sexualized" her - based on the Sexy MF video. Per a discussion about that time period, she was very young and did not have the most stable upbringing. She said Prince gave her confidence and also encouraged her to go back to school to get her degree, which she did do.

*

Your comment about his boredom with the various girls reminds me of his song "101", which I think was inspired by Susannah, as she had left not long before he recorded it - "Nothing on TV, my girlfriends bore me, they try to please me, but I need my baby. You and me, need to be together, physically. Why can't you come and see about me?"

[Edited 9/10/18 18:03pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 09/11/18 6:22am

rednblue

violetcrush said:

CatB said:



Exactly. Win-win. I don't even wanna know how many of them took advantage of him and walked into the situation with that very intent. And like one of the girls said - by playing them he played himself.


I don't think anyone here is implying that Prince was some kind pf "monster" when it came to women. Not at all. Despite his complexities most have stated he was very respectful and good to them. However, it is definitely true that as he got older he preferred younger women, 18-22 age range. He was a smart guy, and I'm sure he knew that they were much more impressionable and easier to control. There is a high degree of naivitey and gullibility with this age group. They don't yet have wisdom from life experiences, and are more likely to defer to his decisions and choices over their own. I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group. And no doubt he was just more physically attracted to the younger women vs women his own age as he got older.


Appreciate following statement and above replies to it:


endiadj said:

"Some of you are making it sound like these women were kept in the dark and didn't know about Prince's philandering ways. I beg to differ. If the fans knew then these women who were in the middle of it knew, so they were walking into the situation with eyes wide open. Many were willing to go along with it for the ride. Nothing bad about it, but let's not make this out to be that Prince was some monster."



It's a very rare person that is nothing but a monster.

To be fair to the women, P too "went for the ride," yet P sometimes flipped out if he thought the women were seeing other people. If he was seeing other women, it was completely unreasonable and silly to expect the women to be faithful.

Yes, P was a rock star, but he was smart enough to know that he was nonetheless carrying out a painful double standard re: faithfulness. His eyes were wide open to that.

Whatever the area of the hurt...

If P was unreasonalby hurtful to people, that's lousy and sad.

If people were unreasonably hurtful to P, that's lousy and sad.



-- end grumpy comment --






[Edited 9/11/18 6:53am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 09/11/18 6:27am

Krystalkisses

avatar

Maybe he felt entitled to have a harem.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 09/11/18 6:31am

violetcrush

rednblue said:

violetcrush said:

I don't think anyone here is implying that Prince was some kind pf "monster" when it came to women. Not at all. Despite his complexities most have stated he was very respectful and good to them. However, it is definitely true that as he got older he preferred younger women, 18-22 age range. He was a smart guy, and I'm sure he knew that they were much more impressionable and easier to control. There is a high degree of naivitey and gullibility with this age group. They don't yet have wisdom from life experiences, and are more likely to defer to his decisions and choices over their own. I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group. And no doubt he was just more physically attracted to the younger women vs women his own age as he got older.


Appreciate following statement and above replies to it:


endiadj said:

"Some of you are making it sound like these women were kept in the dark and didn't know about Prince's philandering ways. I beg to differ. If the fans knew then these women who were in the middle of it knew, so they were walking into the situation with eyes wide open. Many were willing to go along with it for the ride. Nothing bad about it, but let's not make this out to be that Prince was some monster."



It's a very rare person that is nothing but a monster.

To be fair to the women, P too "went for the ride," yet P sometimes flipped out if he thought the women were seeing other people. If he was seeing other women, it was completely unreasonable and silly to expect the women to be faithful.

Yes, P was a rock star, but he was smart enough to know that he was nonetheless carrying out a painful double standard re: faithfulness. His eyes were wide open to that.

Whatever the area of the hurt...

If P was unreasonalby hurtful to people, that's lousy and sad.

If people were unreasonably hurtful to P, that's lousy and sad.



-- end grumpy comment --






Right, it has been stated that Prince, although not monogamous, expected women to be faithful to him. Wendy was quoted as saying, "He would be out womanizing, and expect Susannah to be complletely faithful to him". It was quite hypocritical. It seems, at tleast based on some of his lyrics, he would conisder himself the victim if he found that his girlfriend was with someone else. Lyrics to the song "Go":

*

"You promised me baby, that you would never cheat, but you did it anyway and now you want to leave me"....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 09/11/18 6:35am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

violetcrush said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Either way Prince still made them well known entertainers. The entertaiment industry is not without it's conflicts whomever is at the helm. STOP singling out Prince!

Uh, the last time I checked, this is a site about ALL things PRINCE related, correct?? This is Prince.org right? Or am I on the wrong site??

rolleyes

I will FOREVER defend Prince's legacy. MOST of U weren't loyal to him when he was alive anyway. So why am I NOT surprised your throwing him under the bus now in his afterlife? disbelief

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 09/11/18 6:41am

violetcrush

Krystalkisses said:

Maybe he felt entitled to have a harem.

Right. I think it was the "I'm a rock star, so I can do this" mindset. Also, generally speaking, men seem to be able to separate the sexual encounters from those that they actually love, wheras, women typically have a more difficult time doing that.

*

Someone posted a quote from Chris Rock on another thread - "Men are only as faithful as their options". There is some truth to that. Prince was like a kid in a candy store when it came to women.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 09/11/18 6:49am

violetcrush

ChocolateBox3121 said:

violetcrush said:

Uh, the last time I checked, this is a site about ALL things PRINCE related, correct?? This is Prince.org right? Or am I on the wrong site??

rolleyes

I will FOREVER defend Prince's legacy. MOST of U weren't loyal to him when he was alive anyway. So why am I NOT surprised your throwing him under the bus now in his afterlife? disbelief

Prince was not a perfect human being. He had flaws and complexities like every other human. He was extremely gifted and we all celebrate his musical talent and the amazing music he left to us. However, it is also okay to discuss other aspects of his life - both positive and negative. It all made him who he was, both as a musician and a person. He expressed much of it wihtin his own songs too.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 09/11/18 6:54am

violetcrush

violetcrush said:

Krystalkisses said:

Maybe he felt entitled to have a harem.

Right. I think it was the "I'm a rock star, so I can do this" mindset. Also, generally speaking, men seem to be able to separate the sexual encounters from those that they actually love, wheras, women typically have a more difficult time doing that.

*

Someone posted a quote from Chris Rock on another thread - "Men are only as faithful as their options". There is some truth to that. Prince was like a kid in a candy store when it came to women.

Oh, and he actually sings about it in his unreleased song "Player":

*

Player, if I had you girl I wouldn't be one

Player, if you let me in the mix we could have fun

I knew that you heard all the stories about all the friends that I've got,

But if you give me seven years of your time, all the friends I would have not."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 09/11/18 7:05am

CatB

violetcrush said:

CatB said:

violetcrush said: My reply was a response to the one in which you quoted me wink which looked to me like you think that I didn't know.

No, didn't quote you at all. Those were my own words and thoughts, as I could not possibly keep track of every post on this thread smile I have written the same on many other threads with regard to discusssions about what he seemed to want in relationships with women.




You did quote me in this reply (#94):



violetcrush said:

CatB said:



Exactly. Win-win. I don't even wanna know how many of them took advantage of him and walked into the situation with that very intent. And like one of the girls said - by playing them he played himself.


I don't think anyone here is implying that Prince was some kind pf "monster" when it came to women. Not at all. Despite his complexities most have stated he was very respectful and good to them. However, it is definitely true that as he got older he preferred younger women, 18-22 age range. He was a smart guy, and I'm sure he knew that they were much more impressionable and easier to control. There is a high degree of naivitey and gullibility with this age group. They don't yet have wisdom from life experiences, and are more likely to defer to his decisions and choices over their own. I'm sure he did like to be the "teacher" to some degree, but he also needed the intellectual and creative stimulation, which he probably did not get from this group. And no doubt he was just more physically attracted to the younger women vs women his own age as he got older.



your reply showing that you are telling me that he also needed intellectual and creative stimulation - making it sound like I did not know about it whereas I already said this myself in an earlier post in this thread, reply #85 even using nearly the same wording that you used in your later reply:


CatB said:

Prince needed intelligent people in his life for he was highly intelligent and to some degree even an intellectual. He needed that kind of stimulus, and as I said in a previous post, he needed to teach. He loved to teach and to see people, including loves, develop their potential and to be instrumental in it.

However, he was also competitive and when you got too good he did not like that. And I think that dichotomy was what made people, not just women, leave his life. At some point you want to be your own man/woman and you can't live your life between having someone wanting you to reach for your goals and be your best and at the same time not wanting you to go out and pursue it. It had to happen with him. For a while that's tempting, it's always a good feeling to have someone believing in you. Especially when others don't.




Just to clarify as it makes no sense to me. Why tell me something I have said myself?


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 09/11/18 7:06am

rednblue

violetcrush said:

violetcrush said:

Right. I think it was the "I'm a rock star, so I can do this" mindset. Also, generally speaking, men seem to be able to separate the sexual encounters from those that they actually love, wheras, women typically have a more difficult time doing that.

*

Someone posted a quote from Chris Rock on another thread - "Men are only as faithful as their options". There is some truth to that. Prince was like a kid in a candy store when it came to women.

Oh, and he actually sings about it in his unreleased song "Player":

*

Player, if I had you girl I wouldn't be one

Player, if you let me in the mix we could have fun

I knew that you heard all the stories about all the friends that I've got,

But if you give me seven years of your time, all the friends I would have not."


Krystal and Violet -- Great points around the whole harem business, and great related quotes from songs and people!

My predictable, grumpy comment is that rock star or not, it's hurtful and silly to expect faithfulness from people you treat as harem members.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 09/11/18 7:17am

rednblue

peggyon said:

violetcrush said:

peggyon said: I don't think the relationship with Anna G was important enough for her to hold a grudge. I think she was a fun diversion for awhile. Susannah and Prince had a rough patch around 2009/2010 when he refused to allow her to use The Family name on the group' new records. Sadly, they did not reconcile before his death, but she stated that he had his Engineer call her two weeks before Moline to tell her he wanted to write and record with her again. So she's got his lyrics - probably some of the last he had written, in her possession. Very sad. It seems Jill was more of a "friend with benefits" to him, which may be some of the reason for her grudge. * It seems Susannah was able to be a friend and a lover in that relationship, but he also wanted to control her. The songs Wally and Empty Room sort of speak to how he connected with her. [Edited 9/10/18 21:18pm]

Susannah and prince had a rough patch moreso in 1986-1987 with his infidelity, she was only 21- 22. Anna was 18 and living with him while he was with Kim and Robin etc. Jill was kept in a contract that she wanted out of and was strung along in other ways.(romantically)There are significant patterns to Prince's behavior and it isn't pretty. How about Vanity? Rosie?Kim? Nona? Mayte? Bria? Just sayin. His behavior is what largely made these women leave. I don't like to romanticise that part of his personality. I think most forgave him but he caused all of them significant pain. So many of them were so young( Mayte, Susannah, Anna, Jill) and others were emotionally fragile (Nona, Kim, Vanity). It was his treatment of young and/or vulnerable women that I find uncool.

Anna seemed strongest but was only 18. I am not clear about Bria.

[Edited 9/10/18 21:52pm]

[Edited 9/10/18 21:58pm]


Thank you for noting this. Jill also said that years before, Prince told her that he would never hold her to such a contract.

In the end, it seems she had regrets about signing that contract, just as Prince had regrets about contracts he'd signed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 09/11/18 7:19am

CatB

Krystalkisses said:

Maybe he felt entitled to have a harem.



That's why "If I had a Harem" always makes me go: Really...? lol

Seriously, he was not like other men who juggle women for one purpose only. Prince had so much to GIVE. Might sound corny or like I applaud the general notion but he was different. There's a reason why there are many fond memories and gratefulness for him out there and not many grudges.

I'm a feminist and if it wasn't about Prince I would talk differently, believe me. And like I said - how many of the girls walked into the situation not being so innocent and clueless either.


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 09/11/18 7:21am

violetcrush

CatB said:

violetcrush said:

Prince needed intelligent people in his life for he was highly intelligent and to some degree even an intellectual. He needed that kind of stimulus, and as I said in a previous post, he needed to teach. He loved to teach and to see people, including loves, develop their potential and to be instrumental in it.

However, he was also competitive and when you got too good he did not like that. And I think that dichotomy was what made people, not just women, leave his life. At some point you want to be your own man/woman and you can't live your life between having someone wanting you to reach for your goals and be your best and at the same time not wanting you to go out and pursue it. It had to happen with him. For a while that's tempting, it's always a good feeling to have someone believing in you. Especially when others don't.




Just to clarify as it makes no sense to me. Why tell me something I have said myself?


No need to clarify. Neither one of us are the "creators" of that thought. I'm sure many others have stated the same opinionof his mindset during other discussions on this site smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 09/11/18 7:24am

CatB

violetcrush said:

CatB said:



Just to clarify as it makes no sense to me. Why tell me something I have said myself?


No need to clarify. Neither one of us are the "creators" of that thought. I'm sure many others have stated the same opinionof his mindset during other discussions on this site smile



? I don't know about you but my thoughts are all created by me. And I'd still like to understand why you felt the need to explain something to me that I had previously stated myself?


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 09/11/18 7:29am

violetcrush

rednblue said:

peggyon said:

Susannah and prince had a rough patch moreso in 1986-1987 with his infidelity, she was only 21- 22. Anna was 18 and living with him while he was with Kim and Robin etc. Jill was kept in a contract that she wanted out of and was strung along in other ways.(romantically)There are significant patterns to Prince's behavior and it isn't pretty. How about Vanity? Rosie?Kim? Nona? Mayte? Bria? Just sayin. His behavior is what largely made these women leave. I don't like to romanticise that part of his personality. I think most forgave him but he caused all of them significant pain. So many of them were so young( Mayte, Susannah, Anna, Jill) and others were emotionally fragile (Nona, Kim, Vanity). It was his treatment of young and/or vulnerable women that I find uncool.

Anna seemed strongest but was only 18. I am not clear about Bria.

[Edited 9/10/18 21:52pm]

[Edited 9/10/18 21:58pm]


Thank you for noting this. Jill also said that years before, Prince told her that he would never hold her to such a contract.

In the end, it seems she had regrets about signing that contract, just as Prince had regrets about contracts he'd signed.

Right. This is where the gullibility and naivety at a younger age comes in to play. She shouldn't have signed the contract. It's a shame that he did not keep to his word. However, if she had been able to leave sooner, there was no guarantee that she would have had success with a record lsewhere.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 09/11/18 7:30am

rednblue

CatB said:

peggyon said:

Susannah and prince had a rough patch moreso in 1986-1987 with his infidelity, she was only 21- 22. Anna was 18 and living with him while he was with Kim and Robin etc. Jill was kept in a contract that she wanted out of and was strung along in other ways.(romantically)There are significant patterns to Prince's behavior and it isn't pretty. How about Vanity? Rosie?Kim? Nona? Mayte? Bria? Just sayin. His behavior is what largely made these women leave. I don't like to romanticise that part of his personality. I think most forgave him but he caused all of them significant pain. So many of them were so young( Mayte, Susannah, Anna, Jill) and others were emotionally fragile (Nona, Kim, Vanity). It was his treatment of young and/or vulnerable women that I find uncool.

Anna seemed strongest but was only 18. I am not clear about Bria.



This is something important you say here.

They say like attracts like. Prince himself had been that young and vulnerable one and to a degree stayed that all through his life. That's the angle from where you need to look at the picture.

And when you leave their age aside, some of those women don't seem to have been so innocent either. That is not an excuse to take advantage of it. But again, like attracts like. I called it his orphan detector.



Thanks for another great post Latin!

Speaking of liner notes, above subject made me think of something Lisa Coleman said in an interview about this project:

" 'Even though he’s got the prowess of a' – she laughs – 'love god, an incredible kind of fantasy person, at the same time he was like a deer in headlights, a very vulnerable person. Those big brown eyes would kill you. But he struggled with his success. One of the reasons he stayed in Minnesotaall his life is that it allowed him a little bit of freedom. It was hard after Purple Rain, because it was limos and planes and thousands of people, all the time. I think it was hard for him to decide when he could just be Prince, the guy, and when he had to become Prince the superstar. He gave himself so thoroughly to it.' ”


https://www.theguardian.c...usive-demo

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 09/11/18 7:37am

violetcrush

CatB said:

violetcrush said:

No need to clarify. Neither one of us are the "creators" of that thought. I'm sure many others have stated the same opinionof his mindset during other discussions on this site smile



? I don't know about you but my thoughts are all created by me. And I'd still like to understand why you felt the need to explain something to me that I had previously stated myself?


CatB - I absolutely and quite honestly had no recollection of any similar comment you had made prior. If you take a look at my post #71 I am describing this opinion in detail with regard to his relationship with Susannah.

*

I think the bigger question is....why is this such an issue for yoU?? We are on the same page with opinions/ideas here. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Video: JILL JONES speaks about PRINCE during new interview & has written liner notes for "Piano & A Microphone 1983"