independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Sep 2018 1:21pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Can we get a Vanity 6 reissue or "anthology"?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 07/10/18 4:02am

Vashtix

Cinny said:

Genesia said:

How are you going to do an anthology when they only had one album? The album is the anthology.


Because they could include single mixes and vault stuff, and expand on the promotional photos taken after original album art was released. Did you read Duane Tudahl's book? This is also getting me interested.

1. Nasty Girl (5:10)
2. Wet Dream (4:12)
3. Drive Me Wild (2:31)
4. He's So Dull (2:32)
5. If A Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up) (5:34)

6. Make-Up (2:40)
7. Bite The Beat (3:12)
8. 3 X 2 = 6 (5:24)
---------------------------------------------------------
9. Nasty Girl (Single Version) (2:55)
10. Drive Me Wild (Extended Version) (7:08)

And then whatever stuff from when they were The Hookers, to the stuff recorded for Purple Rain before Apollonia was cast and the songs trashed.


Yep the V6 version of Sex Shooter alone would make it worth the effort

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 07/10/18 8:38am

Genesia

avatar

Vashtix said:

Cinny said:


Because they could include single mixes and vault stuff, and expand on the promotional photos taken after original album art was released. Did you read Duane Tudahl's book? This is also getting me interested.

1. Nasty Girl (5:10)
2. Wet Dream (4:12)
3. Drive Me Wild (2:31)
4. He's So Dull (2:32)
5. If A Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up) (5:34)

6. Make-Up (2:40)
7. Bite The Beat (3:12)
8. 3 X 2 = 6 (5:24)
---------------------------------------------------------
9. Nasty Girl (Single Version) (2:55)
10. Drive Me Wild (Extended Version) (7:08)

And then whatever stuff from when they were The Hookers, to the stuff recorded for Purple Rain before Apollonia was cast and the songs trashed.


Yep the V6 version of Sex Shooter alone would make it worth the effort


Yeah...no, it wouldn't. It's identical to the A6 version - out-of-key vocals and all.

[Edited 7/10/18 8:38am]

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 07/10/18 2:24pm

sexton

avatar

Cinny said:

Genesia said:

How are you going to do an anthology when they only had one album? The album is the anthology.


Because they could include single mixes and vault stuff, and expand on the promotional photos taken after original album art was released. Did you read Duane Tudahl's book? This is also getting me interested.

1. Nasty Girl (5:10)
2. Wet Dream (4:12)
3. Drive Me Wild (2:31)
4. He's So Dull (2:32)
5. If A Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up) (5:34)

6. Make-Up (2:40)
7. Bite The Beat (3:12)
8. 3 X 2 = 6 (5:24)
---------------------------------------------------------
9. Nasty Girl (Single Version) (2:55)
10. Drive Me Wild (Extended Version) (7:08)

And then whatever stuff from when they were The Hookers, to the stuff recorded for Purple Rain before Apollonia was cast and the songs trashed.



There is also a long verison of "He's So Dull" that was officially released.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 07/10/18 2:32pm

sexton

avatar

Genesia said:

Vashtix said:

Yep the V6 version of Sex Shooter alone would make it worth the effort


Yeah...no, it wouldn't. It's identical to the A6 version - out-of-key vocals and all.

[Edited 7/10/18 8:38am]


I do like Vanity's countdown-rap in the Vanity 6 version though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 07/10/18 4:54pm

Vashtix

Genesia said:

Vashtix said:

Yep the V6 version of Sex Shooter alone would make it worth the effort


Yeah...no, it wouldn't. It's identical to the A6 version - out-of-key vocals and all.

[Edited 7/10/18 8:38am]

It is not identical- and for that reason alone I want the V6 version as I liked it and it was not out of key and all- but gee . . . tell me how you really feel about V6- lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 07/10/18 4:55pm

Vashtix

sexton said:

Genesia said:


Yeah...no, it wouldn't. It's identical to the A6 version - out-of-key vocals and all.

[Edited 7/10/18 8:38am]


I do like Vanity's countdown-rap in the Vanity 6 version though.

Me too it is fun!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 07/16/18 8:18am

Cinny

avatar

sexton said:

Cinny said:


Because they could include single mixes and vault stuff, and expand on the promotional photos taken after original album art was released. Did you read Duane Tudahl's book? This is also getting me interested.

1. Nasty Girl (5:10)
2. Wet Dream (4:12)
3. Drive Me Wild (2:31)
4. He's So Dull (2:32)
5. If A Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up) (5:34)

6. Make-Up (2:40)
7. Bite The Beat (3:12)
8. 3 X 2 = 6 (5:24)
---------------------------------------------------------
9. Nasty Girl (Single Version) (2:55)
10. Drive Me Wild (Extended Version) (7:08)

And then whatever stuff from when they were The Hookers, to the stuff recorded for Purple Rain before Apollonia was cast and the songs trashed.



There is also a long verison of "He's So Dull" that was officially released.

Oh! I thought the only mix was the same as the LP. Sweet! biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 07/18/18 7:22am

kitbradley

avatar

Warner Brothers has made it crystal clear they don't give a rat's behind about Prince-related artists. They know how much Vanity 6 and particularly Apollonia 6 CDs sell for on ebay, Amazon, etc and they continue to pass on reissues. Yet, they continue to reissue the same titles by other artists over and over again in the Japanese market, as well as titles by far more obcsure artitsts. I'm done with waiting on Vanity 6 and Apollonia 6 reissues. I own the original Japan pressings of both titles so I have just learned to be happy with those because those bonus track editions that some of us are (were) hoping for ain't never gonna happen.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 07/19/18 3:31pm

luvsexy4all

theres a bootleg with these:


01 Nasty Girl
02 Wet Dream
03 Drive Me Wild
04 He's So Dull
05 If A Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up)
06 Make-up
07 Bite The Beat
08 3 x 2 = 6
09 Drive Me Wild (Extended Mix)
10 Nasty Girl (Single Edit)
11 Drive Me Wild (Single Mix)
12 Sex Shooter (Demo)
13 Vibrator
14 Vibrator (Vanity and Jill Jones Vocal Session)
15 Vibrator (Vanity and Prince Vocal Session)
16 Wet Dream cousin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 07/19/18 7:15pm

GaryMF

avatar

Genesia said:

Vashtix said:

Yep the V6 version of Sex Shooter alone would make it worth the effort


Yeah...no, it wouldn't. It's identical to the A6 version - out-of-key vocals and all.

[Edited 7/10/18 8:38am]

You must've not have listened to them.

.

.

The music is totally different.....V6 is all about the guitar riff.....

.

.

A6 has the signature synth riff and synth hits on the 3 and 4. Completely changes hte song. .

.

.

Plus. Vanity actually sings it way better than Apples and ca carry off the atittude. When A6 says "all the Nasty people sihg it" it sounds like a joke.

.

.

MY DREAM: The A6 instrumental track with the synth parts and Vanity's vocals!!

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 07/22/18 11:54am

Vashtix

GaryMF said:

Genesia said:


Yeah...no, it wouldn't. It's identical to the A6 version - out-of-key vocals and all.

[Edited 7/10/18 8:38am]

You must've not have listened to them.

.

.

The music is totally different.....V6 is all about the guitar riff.....

.

.

A6 has the signature synth riff and synth hits on the 3 and 4. Completely changes hte song. .

.

.

Plus. Vanity actually sings it way better than Apples and ca carry off the atittude. When A6 says "all the Nasty people sihg it" it sounds like a joke.

.

.

MY DREAM: The A6 instrumental track with the synth parts and Vanity's vocals!!

Vanity totally brought an edge with her - she was believable with the attitude of a true femme fatale.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 07/25/18 11:32am

Cinny

avatar

kitbradley said:

Warner Brothers has made it crystal clear they don't give a rat's behind about Prince-related artists. They know how much Vanity 6 and particularly Apollonia 6 CDs sell for on ebay, Amazon, etc and they continue to pass on reissues. Yet, they continue to reissue the same titles by other artists over and over again in the Japanese market, as well as titles by far more obcsure artitsts. I'm done with waiting on Vanity 6 and Apollonia 6 reissues. I own the original Japan pressings of both titles so I have just learned to be happy with those because those bonus track editions that some of us are (were) hoping for ain't never gonna happen.


Letting bootleggers make the money I guess. shrug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Can we get a Vanity 6 reissue or "anthology"?