independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 17th Oct 2018 6:27pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > All these Women threads
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 16 of 16 « First<78910111213141516
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #450 posted 05/19/18 8:31am

pinkcashmere23

PennyPurple said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Pink comments on just about every thread on the Associated artists' forum. Why is it only a problem for you on Andy Allo threads, Penny? BTW, since you continue to ask, I, the OP, have heard not a word from the mods about the threads' removal, to begin with, nor its later move to General Discussion.




[Edited 5/19/18 7:29am]

What don't you understand? It's every thread in the assoc artists forum. Flood, Flood, Flood.

So you're saying that we should just ignore the threads and not comment? Nothing is stopping others from joining in.Other than at times conversing with someone,I typically make a single comment and move on.

[Edited 5/19/18 8:49am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #451 posted 05/19/18 8:35am

FlyOnTheWall

PennyPurple said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Pink comments on just about every thread on the Associated artists' forum. Why is it only a problem for you on Andy Allo threads, Penny? BTW, since you continue to ask, I, the OP, have heard not a word from the mods about the threads' removal, to begin with, nor its later move to General Discussion.




[Edited 5/19/18 7:29am]

What don't you understand? It's every thread in the assoc artists forum. Flood, Flood, Flood.

Penny, you continue to stun me with your recent comments directed toward me. And, btw, you're wrong yet again: The number of threads that I comment on, in any of the forums, is extremely limited. (And, I'm only responding to you now to defend myself against your lies.) But, even if I commented on every. single. thread., what would be wrong with that?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #452 posted 05/19/18 7:24pm

FlyOnTheWall

SoulAlive said:

Let's get some more threads about Morris Day and The Time,Mazarati,Jesse Johnson,etc......where their music is being discussed and analyzed! Isn't that better than focusing on all the women that Prince slept with? hmmm


While looking back at some old threads, SoulAlive, I happened to run across this thread, "Apollonia's FB post...very interesting." Based on your comments on this thread, I was stunned to see you speculating about Prince, Apples, and Vanity and their relationships (Replies 144-146). "So, let me get this straight"--to borrow your words (in red)--it's okay for you to do it, but not others?? Seems like you were having a good 'ole time, too. nod #Irony #Hypocrisy

http://prince.org/msg/5/452163?pr

Reply #144 posted 02/19/18 1:36pm


SoulAlive said:


cloveringold85 said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

She met Prince when she auditioned for the Purple Rain part at an open call in 1984. “I had his 1999 tape and thought it would be fun to work with him,” she says. But Prince, who had recently split from his previous protégée Vanity, “was looking for not just a leading lady in a film but a leading lady in his life.” Although she insists she and Prince “never had a relationship,” Apollonia admits she acquiesced to his demands that she break up with her then-boyfriend, Van Halen lead singer David Lee Roth. “Prince didn’t want me to be known for dating someone famous,” she says. “He made me promise I wouldn’t date anyone publicly during promotion of the film.”

.

David Lee Roth?? eek

hmmm so let me get this straight...Apollonia was married during that whole time (1980-1985) but she was also "dating" David Lee Roth in 1984 nuts she and Vanity have alot more in common than we realize,lol

Reply #145 posted 02/19/18 1:43pm

SoulAlive

ApolloniaandformerfirsthubbyGregPatschul.jpg



Reply #146 posted 02/19/18 1:46pm

SoulAlive

Apollonia with her second husband Kevin Bernhardt,an actor on General Hopsital

Apolloniaandherex-husbandKevin.jpg

[Edited 5/19/18 19:37pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #453 posted 05/20/18 7:56am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

PennyPurple said:

What don't you understand? It's every thread in the assoc artists forum. Flood, Flood, Flood.

So you're saying that we should just ignore the threads and not comment? Nothing is stopping others from joining in.Other than at times conversing with someone,I typically make a single comment and move on.

[Edited 5/19/18 8:49am]

yeahthat

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #454 posted 05/20/18 5:45pm

FlyOnTheWall

I also found this interesting thread on which several of the Orgers on this thread opining about how problematic are "all these women" and relationship threads were engaged in a discussion on a thread about one of JJ's social media posts called, "Jill Jones taking aim again." Personally, I am not judging the tone of the discussion; however, based on some of the comments on this thread, I am baffled why they are now suddenly SO troubled by "all these women threads" that devolve into bickering.

I'm still working my way through the eight pages of the thread, but, already, I find some of the language shocking and, arguably, debasing to both Jill AND Prince, like when they mentioned "sluts" "f**king in bathrooms" and the like. Things got pretty heated...and FAST. See for yourself.

I have copied and pasted Replies# 39-54. And, again, I'm not judging. I'm just saying...people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. #Irony #PotsMeetKettles

http://prince.org/msg/5/451169?&pg=8


Reply #39 posted 01/16/18 11:18am

malbena¤

Did Jill get to reflect on her role in Graffiti Bridge? That was rather objectify. And now, she is judging others for what she has done herself. Get a life!

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.

Reply #40 posted 01/16/18 11:18am

OldFriends4Sal
e
¤

42350.ava

mod.gifmoderator

jungleluv said:

I was expecting Laura Richardson to be all over this thread. She is usually so quick to defend Jill.

she thinks JJ is slut and cannot sing

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m



Reply #41 posted 01/16/18 11:22am

purplefam99

ThatWhiteDude said:

purplefam99 said:

well what is she selling. this person is in the business of selling music right. seems she is using

other tools to get you to the purchase counter. Her right to do so and others right to point out

it's possible consequences. Every mouth has a right to speak and everyone has free will.

Just an observation that i have had recently. I see musicians taking more care to put their instruments

away in there cases after use, away from humidity and heat, than i see dancers taking the care with their

instruments after a grueling dance class. they aren't wrapping it up and shielding it from the harsh

effects of the environment post class. Why would they not see their bodies as instruments too and care for them the same. i don't get leaving the dance/yoga studio half naked. thx , just My opinion.

I never said that some women don't use thise tools to sell their stuff, I was talking about the judgement from people like Jill who claim to be "real" feminists, when they're judgement about other women's decisions is just as bad as the ones from the society and I still believe that women never intend to be viewed or degrade themselves to objects just because they make album covers like this we're talking about.

Yes, some use these tools to sell stuff, but doesn't give anyone the right to view them just as objects or call them sluts for doing it.

[Edited 1/16/18 11:02am]

i think ideally it does not give anyone the right. and when some people are no longer a visually motivated creatures then perhaps sitting with ones legs astride won't have a consequences

that reach far beyond this one person's choice. sorry Thewhitedude i am still stuck in my

annual listen to Dr MLK's dream speech, we all have a duty to each other. Especially to me

when we have been granted the good luck to be able to reach and touch so many. i am grateful for

for those that speak up and out, it isn't ever easy to do so. If this young girl's pose is meant to

empower young girls, then it is lost on me, but i will defend her right to pose but will also remind her of the consequences of her choice beyond the blanket right.

but we can say everyone is just beholden to their own choices, but that picture looks bleek and

lonely to me, i want community so i am willing to make choices that empower that community

than just empowering myself.

Reply #42 posted 01/16/18 11:23am

PennyPurple¤

43820.ava

OldFriends4Sale said:

jungleluv said:

I was expecting Laura Richardson to be all over this thread. She is usually so quick to defend Jill.

she thinks JJ is slut and cannot sing

faint

Reply #43 posted 01/16/18 11:23am

purplefam99

jungleluv said:

I was expecting Laura Richardson to be all over this thread. She is usually so quick to defend Jill.

see how the differing of opinion is missed when it is gone. LR hope you are well.

Reply #44 posted 01/16/18 11:24am

ThatWhiteDude¤

purplefam99 said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

I never said that some women don't use thise tools to sell their stuff, I was talking about the judgement from people like Jill who claim to be "real" feminists, when they're judgement about other women's decisions is just as bad as the ones from the society and I still believe that women never intend to be viewed or degrade themselves to objects just because they make album covers like this we're talking about.

Yes, some use these tools to sell stuff, but doesn't give anyone the right to view them just as objects or call them sluts for doing it.

[Edited 1/16/18 11:02am]

i think ideally it does not give anyone the right. and when some people are no longer a visually motivated creatures then perhaps sitting with ones legs astride won't have a consequences

that reach far beyond this one person's choice. sorry Thewhitedude i am still stuck in my

annual listen to Dr MLK's dream speech, we all have a duty to each other. Especially to me

when we have been granted the good luck to be able to reach and touch so many. i am grateful for

for those that speak up and out, it isn't ever easy to do so. If this young girl's pose is meant to

empower young girls, then it is lost on me, but i will defend her right to pose but will also remind her of the consequences of her choice beyond the blanket right.

but we can say everyone is just beholden to their own choices, but that picture looks bleek and

lonely to me, i want community so i am willing to make choices that empower that community

than just empowering myself.

It can empower young women to do whatever they want to without being called sluts for doing it.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."

Reply #45 posted 01/16/18 11:25am



purplefam99

ThatWhiteDude said:

purplefam99 said:

i think ideally it does not give anyone the right. and when some people are no longer a visually motivated creatures then perhaps sitting with ones legs astride won't have a consequences

that reach far beyond this one person's choice. sorry Thewhitedude i am still stuck in my

annual listen to Dr MLK's dream speech, we all have a duty to each other. Especially to me

when we have been granted the good luck to be able to reach and touch so many. i am grateful for

for those that speak up and out, it isn't ever easy to do so. If this young girl's pose is meant to

empower young girls, then it is lost on me, but i will defend her right to pose but will also remind her of the consequences of her choice beyond the blanket right.

but we can say everyone is just beholden to their own choices, but that picture looks bleek and

lonely to me, i want community so i am willing to make choices that empower that community

than just empowering myself.

It can empower young women to do whatever they want to without being called sluts for doing it.

ok


Reply #46 posted 01/16/18 11:39am


OldFriends4Sal
e
¤

42350.ava

mod.gifmoderator

PennyPurple said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

she thinks JJ is slut and cannot sing

faint

you read it, I reposted in a different debate, what Laura thought of her

a slut for letting Prince have sex with her in bathrooms and what not

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m



Reply #47 posted 01/16/18 11:42am


PennyPurple¤

43820.ava

OldFriends4Sale said:

PennyPurple said:

faint

you read it, I reposted in a different debate, what Laura thought of her

a slut for letting Prince have sex with her in bathrooms and what not

That is true.

Reply #48 posted 01/16/18 11:52am

poppys

PennyPurple said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

you read it, I reposted in a different debate, what Laura thought of her

a slut for letting Prince have sex with her in bathrooms and what not

That is true.

That makes Prince a slut too - so it's all good!

Reply #49 posted 01/16/18 11:56am

OldFriends4Sal
e
¤

42350.ava

mod.gifmoderator



poppys said:

PennyPurple said:

That is true.

That makes Prince a slut too - so it's all good!

get off the offense, PennyPurple isn't saying Jill is a slut, she is saying 'that is true' that Laurarichardson did say that about JJ

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m

Reply #50 posted 01/16/18 12:05pm

poppys

OldFriends4Sale said:

poppys said:

That makes Prince a slut too - so it's all good!

get off the offense, PennyPurple isn't saying Jill is a slut, she is saying 'that is true' that Laurarichardson did say that about JJ

I was not attacking Penny.



Reply #51 posted 01/16/18 12:08pm

ThatWhiteDude¤

poppys said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

get off the offense, PennyPurple isn't saying Jill is a slut, she is saying 'that is true' that Laurarichardson did say that about JJ

I was not attacking Penny.

But you've been attacking Prince because you assumed Penny called Jill a slut

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."



Reply #52 posted 01/16/18 12:14pm

poppys

ThatWhiteDude said:

poppys said:

I was not attacking Penny.

But you've been attacking Prince because you assumed Penny called Jill a slut

What are you talking about???

I also remember what Laura said and I'm not assuming anything about Penny. I'm pointing out whoever's in the bathroom fucking a slut, that makes them one too, no matter what sex they are. Personally, I could care less who gets off in any bathroom, including Prince. Good for them! I was half-joking, dang. icon_lol.gif


[Edited 1/16/18 12:22pm]


Reply #53 posted 01/16/18 12:16pm

PennyPurple¤

43820.ava

Sorry, I was agreeing that LR did say that.

Reply #54 posted 01/16/18 12:16pm

OldFriends4Sal
e
¤

42350.ava

mod.gifmoderator

poppys said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

get off the offense, PennyPurple isn't saying Jill is a slut, she is saying 'that is true' that Laurarichardson did say that about JJ

I was not attacking Penny.

you assumed she was calling JJ a slut, which is why your retort said "well Prince is too then"

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m

[Edited 5/20/18 18:17pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #455 posted 05/20/18 6:35pm

PennyPurple

avatar

OMG Fly. You have serious mental issues.


The topic was JJ, notice how it stayed on topic?


And it's not just 2 posters, posting NON-STOP like it is with you and pink. What you quoted was at least 7-8 DIFFERENT posters.


Nobody is bitching about the bickering. The problem is how YOU & PINK flood the threads and any thread that isn't about AA is turned into an AA thread by the 2 of you.


Don't worry, changes are a comin, any day now.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #456 posted 05/20/18 6:47pm

pinkcashmere23

PennyPurple said:

OMG Fly. You have serious mental issues.


The topic was JJ, notice how it stayed on topic?


And it's not just 2 posters, posting NON-STOP like it is with you and pink. What you quoted was at least 7-8 DIFFERENT posters.


Nobody is bitching about the bickering. The problem is how YOU & PINK flood the threads and any thread that isn't about AA is turned into an AA thread by the 2 of you.


Don't worry, changes are a comin, any day now.


Show me one recent thread that wasn't already about her where I have mentioned Andy. I did however accidentally end up turning the thread about U Will B into a discussion about Rita Ora and on the thread about IIWYGF being for Vanity,I ended up discussing Susannah and her relationship with Prince. I comment on the threads that interest me dig?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #457 posted 05/20/18 7:06pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Uh, no one said we cannot talk about these things. You seem to be really defensive and not comprehending. Creating multiple threads on the same person and turning threads that did not start out about someone ie Andy into another Andy Allo debate is something totally different.

FlyOnTheWall said:

I also found this interesting thread on which several of the Orgers on this thread opining about how problematic are "all these women" and relationship threads were engaged in a discussion on a thread about one of JJ's social media posts called, "Jill Jones taking aim again." Personally, I am not judging the tone of the discussion; however, based on some of the comments on this thread, I am baffled why they are now suddenly SO troubled by "all these women threads" that devolve into bickering.

I'm still working my way through the eight pages of the thread, but, already, I find some of the language shocking and, arguably, debasing to both Jill AND Prince, like when they mentioned "sluts" "f**king in bathrooms" and the like. Things got pretty heated...and FAST. See for yourself.

I have copied and pasted Replies# 39-54. And, again, I'm not judging. I'm just saying...people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. #Irony #PotsMeetKettles

http://prince.org/msg/5/451169?&pg=8


Reply #39 posted 01/16/18 11:18am

malbena¤

Did Jill get to reflect on her role in Graffiti Bridge? That was rather objectify. And now, she is judging others for what she has done herself. Get a life!

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.

Reply #40 posted 01/16/18 11:18am

OldFriends4Sal
e
¤

42350.ava

mod.gifmoderator

jungleluv said:

I was expecting Laura Richardson to be all over this thread. She is usually so quick to defend Jill.

she thinks JJ is slut and cannot sing

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m



Reply #41 posted 01/16/18 11:22am

purplefam99

I was not attacking Penny.

you assumed she was calling JJ a slut, which is why your retort said "well Prince is too then"

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m

[Edited 5/20/18 18:17pm]

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #458 posted 05/20/18 7:34pm

FlyOnTheWall

PennyPurple said:

OMG Fly. You have serious mental issues.


The topic was JJ, notice how it stayed on topic?


And it's not just 2 posters, posting NON-STOP like it is with you and pink. What you quoted was at least 7-8 DIFFERENT posters.


Nobody is bitching about the bickering. The problem is how YOU & PINK flood the threads and any thread that isn't about AA is turned into an AA thread by the 2 of you.


Don't worry, changes are a comin, any day now.



Penny, which threads have I "flooded"? And, is there a limit on the number of times that an Orger can respond to the same thread? If so, I was not aware of it, so, please share. Also, you are exaggerating once again when you say that "any thread that isn't about AA is turned into an AA thread by the 2 of you" (and that is putting it mildly). In fact, truth be told, you are flat-out lying.

In all the time I've been a member of Prince.org, I might have mentioned Andy once or twice on a thread about which she was not the subject. In fact, the only time I recall is when I posted a picture of her with similar composition to one of another singer posted recently on another thread here on the Org. I made that ONE post, after which, multiple Orgers jumped all over me and derailed the thread. I simply defended myself against the onslaught; however, if they had simply agreed or disagreed with my observation...or, here's a thought, just ignored it, that would have been the end of the discussion about Andy.

With regard to this claim of yours that, "Nobody is bitching about the bickering," once again you are wrong. Here are a few examples. In the OP, OF4S said, "...but this is getting out of hand. Just a lot of petty back in forth."

In Reply #9, disch said:

"Just create a new section entirely called "Prince's Lovers" where ostensibly adult people who have a LOT of time on their hands can get in touch with their inner seventh grader by bickering over who was prince's "soul mate," the hidden message of a tweet in 2014, the secret code in the shirt so-and-so was wearing on that one day 5 years ago, etc."


In Reply#28, SoulAlive said:

:clap:yeah, I'm tired of all these gossipy "women threads".Let's focus more on the music by associated artists.

In Reply#30, SoulAlive said:

Let's get some more threads about Morris Day and The Time,Mazarati,Jesse Johnson,etc......where their music is being discussed and analyzed! Isn't that better than focusing on all the women that Prince slept with? hmmm

In Reply#36, SoulAlive said:

This forum is a mess.There is too much focus on all the women that Prince slept with....too much tabloid garbage.

In Reply#51, babynoz said:

The only other time I saw this many damn catfights was when the biggest pimp in our old neighborhood died and his hoes were ALL trying to out-do each other at the funeral. True Story.


And, these are just a FEW examples from the first two pages. So, if you still don't get it, Penny, my point is that some people who are on this thread complaining about thread quality, too much about Prince's love life, and bickering, have been known to engage in the very. same. behavior about which they are complaining. That's all I'm saying. How does that translate to me having "serious mental issues"?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #459 posted 05/20/18 8:37pm

pinkcashmere23

PennyPurple said:

OMG Fly. You have serious mental issues.


The topic was JJ, notice how it stayed on topic?


And it's not just 2 posters, posting NON-STOP like it is with you and pink. What you quoted was at least 7-8 DIFFERENT posters.


Nobody is bitching about the bickering. The problem is how YOU & PINK flood the threads and any thread that isn't about AA is turned into an AA thread by the 2 of you.


Don't worry, changes are a comin, any day now.


I don't see anything wrong with two people discussing a topic of interest and engaging in conversation. It is a discussion board. It occurs often on the board with other posters as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #460 posted 05/20/18 8:49pm

SoulAlive

LOL....the difference is,I don't post ten thousand threads about it lol I made my comment on that thread and left it at that.My most recent threads in this forum were about Jesse Johnson's "Be Your Man" single,The Time headlining an upcoming Funk Fest show,and The Time's "Cool" single....ya know,topics that pertain to the actual music that these artists made.Not surprisingly,these threads were soon buried by all the gossipy-type threads rolleyes

FlyOnTheWall said:

SoulAlive said:

Let's get some more threads about Morris Day and The Time,Mazarati,Jesse Johnson,etc......where their music is being discussed and analyzed! Isn't that better than focusing on all the women that Prince slept with? hmmm


While looking back at some old threads, SoulAlive, I happened to run across this thread, "Apollonia's FB post...very interesting." Based on your comments on this thread, I was stunned to see you speculating about Prince, Apples, and Vanity and their relationships (Replies 144-146). "So, let me get this straight"--to borrow your words (in red)--it's okay for you to do it, but not others?? Seems like you were having a good 'ole time, too. nod #Irony #Hypocrisy

http://prince.org/msg/5/452163?pr

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #461 posted 05/20/18 8:53pm

PennyPurple

avatar

OMG, I'm getting so tired of Fly calling me a liar. She evidently doesn't comprehend what is being said, over and over again.


And PINK. Why are you writing your comments inside my quotes? You know darn good and well how quotes work. So knock it off. Don't act like you don't even know how to reply to somebody.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #462 posted 05/20/18 9:00pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

I use to like Andy and her music.

Fly and Pink have caused me to shudder when AA name comes up now.

I am no longer a fan of AA.

If that was your intent, it is working.


Thanks.

pimp2

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #463 posted 05/20/18 9:08pm

FlyOnTheWall

OldFriends4Sale said:

Uh, no one said we cannot talk about these things. You seem to be really defensive and not comprehending. Creating multiple threads on the same person and turning threads that did not start out about someone ie Andy into another Andy Allo debate is something totally different.

FlyOnTheWall said:

I also found this interesting thread on which several of the Orgers on this thread opining about how problematic are "all these women" and relationship threads were engaged in a discussion on a thread about one of JJ's social media posts called, "Jill Jones taking aim again." Personally, I am not judging the tone of the discussion; however, based on some of the comments on this thread, I am baffled why they are now suddenly SO troubled by "all these women threads" that devolve into bickering.

I'm still working my way through the eight pages of the thread, but, already, I find some of the language shocking and, arguably, debasing to both Jill AND Prince, like when they mentioned "sluts" "f**king in bathrooms" and the like. Things got pretty heated...and FAST. See for yourself.

I have copied and pasted Replies# 39-54. And, again, I'm not judging. I'm just saying...people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. #Irony #PotsMeetKettles

http://prince.org/msg/5/451169?&pg=8


Reply #39 posted 01/16/18 11:18am

malbena¤

Did Jill get to reflect on her role in Graffiti Bridge? That was rather objectify. And now, she is judging others for what she has done herself. Get a life!

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.

Reply #40 posted 01/16/18 11:18am

OldFriends4Sal
e
¤

42350.ava

mod.gifmoderator

she thinks JJ is slut and cannot sing

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m



Reply #41 posted 01/16/18 11:22am

purplefam99

I was not attacking Penny.

you assumed she was calling JJ a slut, which is why your retort said "well Prince is too then"

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m

[Edited 5/20/18 18:17pm]

Thanks for your comment, OF4S; however, I respectfully disagree.

Specifically, other than when I compared a photo of Andy to a recent one of another singer, when have I mentioned Andy on a thread about someone else? And, mind you, I didn't say anything negative. I just said that the photo composition was similar to one of AA from her Superconductor lyric book and I posted the photo to illustrate my point. At the time, I had NO idea that would be perceived as an attempt to "derail" that thread. And, BTW, the same person who started that thread has several other threads on that same singer, on which I have not mentioned AA. So, it's not like I was deliberately trying to do something underhanded. In fact, I even complimented that singer's voice and looks on at least one of those threads.

And, I'm not saying that I've never mentioned AA on a thread about another Prince Associate on any other occasion, but I really don't think that I have. If so, I have no specific recollection of any such thread. If you have examples, please share them. Quite honestly, I am just flabbergasted at this whole kerfluffle over Andy Allo posts. I mean, I just can't believe it.

Edit: I just remembered that on one of the threads about the aforementioned other singer, someone said that she had an Andy Allo vibe, musically (she also plays guitar) and visually (she is biracial and has curly hair), and I agreed.



[Edited 5/20/18 21:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #464 posted 05/20/18 9:09pm

pinkcashmere23

PennyPurple said:

OMG, I'm getting so tired of Fly calling me a liar. She evidently doesn't comprehend what is being said, over and over again.


And PINK. Why are you writing your comments inside my quotes? You know darn good and well how quotes work. So knock it off. Don't act like you don't even know how to reply to somebody.

I have been having trouble with posting quotes since the format of the board apparently changed for me. You'll see that it's been happening when I reply to other posters as well,if you check.It's been happening frequently and it's ticking me off too.

[Edited 5/20/18 21:10pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #465 posted 05/20/18 9:16pm

FlyOnTheWall

SoulAlive said:

LOL....the difference is,I don't post ten thousand threads about it lol I made my comment on that thread and left it at that.My most recent threads in this forum were about Jesse Johnson's "Be Your Man" single,The Time headlining an upcoming Funk Fest show,and The Time's "Cool" single....ya know,topics that pertain to the actual music that these artists made.Not surprisingly,these threads were soon buried by all the gossipy-type threads rolleyes

FlyOnTheWall said:


While looking back at some old threads, SoulAlive, I happened to run across this thread, "Apollonia's FB post...very interesting." Based on your comments on this thread, I was stunned to see you speculating about Prince, Apples, and Vanity and their relationships (Replies 144-146). "So, let me get this straight"--to borrow your words (in red)--it's okay for you to do it, but not others?? Seems like you were having a good 'ole time, too. nod #Irony #Hypocrisy

http://prince.org/msg/5/452163?pr

Yes, I love your Jesse Johnson and "Cool" threads. I even commented on both of them. Still, I think you get the point I'm making with my posts of old thread comments: That is, threads about Prince's women and relationships are not new to the Org...and MANY Orgers participate in what could be called "gossipy" threads. Whether on one or "ten thousand threads," even you have been known to engage in "tabloid" speculation. With regard to the frequency of my comments, isn't that my choice? I mean, I didn't realize I was violating an Org policy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #466 posted 05/20/18 9:21pm

pinkcashmere23

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I use to like Andy and her music.

Fly and Pink have caused me to shudder when AA name comes up now.

I am no longer a fan of AA.

If that was your intent, it is working.


Thanks.

pimp2

If two or three of us want to discuss Andy why is that a problem? There were multiple threads about her when she and Prince were collaborating. Probably a new one every few days.I don't see the problem if two or more posters want to engage in a conversation about a topic that interests them. If I see a post about a topic I have no interest in,I skip over it.

[Edited 5/20/18 21:34pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #467 posted 05/21/18 4:24am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I use to like Andy and her music.

Fly and Pink have caused me to shudder when AA name comes up now.

I am no longer a fan of AA.

If that was your intent, it is working.


Thanks.

pimp2

Make that 2 of us.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #468 posted 05/21/18 5:06am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

FlyOnTheWall said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Uh, no one said we cannot talk about these things. You seem to be really defensive and not comprehending. Creating multiple threads on the same person and turning threads that did not start out about someone ie Andy into another Andy Allo debate is something totally different.

you assumed she was calling JJ a slut, which is why your retort said "well Prince is too then"

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m

[Edited 5/20/18 18:17pm]

Thanks for your comment, OF4S; however, I respectfully disagree.

Specifically, other than when I compared a photo of Andy to a recent one of another singer, when have I mentioned Andy on a thread about someone else? And, mind you, I didn't say anything negative. I just said that the photo composition was similar to one of AA from her Superconductor lyric book and I posted the photo to illustrate my point. At the time, I had NO idea that would be perceived as an attempt to "derail" that thread. And, BTW, the same person who started that thread has several other threads on that same singer, on which I have not mentioned AA. So, it's not like I was deliberately trying to do something underhanded. In fact, I even complimented that singer's voice and looks on at least one of those threads.

And, I'm not saying that I've never mentioned AA on a thread about another Prince Associate on any other occasion, but I really don't think that I have. If so, I have no specific recollection of any such thread. If you have examples, please share them. Quite honestly, I am just flabbergasted at this whole kerfluffle over Andy Allo posts. I mean, I just can't believe it.

Edit: I just remembered that on one of the threads about the aforementioned other singer, someone said that she had an Andy Allo vibe, musically (she also plays guitar) and visually (she is biracial and has curly hair), and I agreed.



[Edited 5/20/18 21:30pm]

Why are you disagreeing, when I did not say you were the person or only person that did it? I used andy as an example, but it happens now with Vanity, and with 1 or two others.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 16 of 16 « First<78910111213141516
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > All these Women threads