independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 19th Oct 2018 4:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Love4oneanother Trademark ???
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/13/18 12:15pm

luv4life

avatar

Love4oneanother Trademark ???

Tomorrow is Valenties Day and as many of us know the day Prince and Mayte were married. Along with 100s of beautiful songs written from he's deep love for her a charity was also born. Love4oneanother. This was and always be the charity that Prince and Mayte started together to make a long lasting impact in this world created out of love. I recently noticed Manuela Testolini using the hashtag Love4oneanother on her personal media pages and her charity's page. I was curious and did some deeper digging for the truth. It seems Manuela TRADEMARKED the LOve4oneanother name!!!!! She trademarked it 6 days after Prince passed! What reason would she have to steal the name other than to profit? She is all about the profit and control. If Princes family or Mayte wanted to work on growing the charity they would have to PAY Manuela for using what was rightfully Maytes to start with!!!! This opened the door to my infuriation. If Prince wanted Manuela to be part of the charity she would have been left on the board. But she is not!!! So now I did a little digging around Manuelas charity In a Perfect World.

Manuela gives less than 1 percent of money "in a perfect world" away to other charities she is involved with. The homes and school she said she builds is a partnered endeavor with Buildon. Check the facts out. Her 990 tax form is public information. Read through the documents and you will see she has over 3 million in assets building interest. So why does she need to make money off Love4oneanother???

I want to be part of a change in world for better. Not to make someone richer. I sure hope Mayte is still involved someway in love4oneanother. Maybe then the charity will be used for good and not a way to build ones own personal bank account and ego. Each time I have reached out to Manuela my comments were deleted and blocked. Help me stand up for what is right!!!!! Love4oneanother is the only way.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/13/18 2:34pm

langebleu

avatar

moderator

The issue was discussed here last month: http://prince.org/msg/5/449652

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/13/18 7:17pm

Mumio

avatar

langebleu said:

The issue was discussed here last month: http://prince.org/msg/5/449652


Wow, the thread is already closed.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/13/18 8:04pm

luv4life

avatar

Mumio said:



langebleu said:


The issue was discussed here last month: http://prince.org/msg/5/449652




Wow, the thread is already closed.


I know! Glad they pointed out the previous thread but what has been done to stop her?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/13/18 8:12pm

purplemist7777

luv4life said:

Mumio said:



langebleu said:


The issue was discussed here last month: http://prince.org/msg/5/449652




Wow, the thread is already closed.


I know! Glad they pointed out the previous thread but what has been done to stop her?

The old thread has been locked since 1/30. Not sure why. The first post here sums up what has been happening and what may happen tomorrow. It will show the true character of M2 if she announces the rebirth of Love 4 One Another on the anniversary date of Prince and Mayte’s wedding.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/13/18 8:20pm

Susu1976

purplemist7777 said:

luv4life said:


I know! Glad they pointed out the previous thread but what has been done to stop her?

The old thread has been locked since 1/30. Not sure why. The first post here sums up what has been happening and what may happen tomorrow. It will show the true character of M2 if she announces the rebirth of Love 4 One Another on the anniversary date of Prince and Mayte’s wedding.

Yeah, Manuela started putting the hashtag on her charity IG. She got a lot of shit (rightfully) and started blocking responses.
[Edited 2/13/18 20:22pm]
[Edited 2/13/18 20:25pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/13/18 8:30pm

purplemist7777

Susu1976 said:

purplemist7777 said:


The old thread has been locked since 1/30. Not sure why. The first post here sums up what has been happening and what may happen tomorrow. It will show the true character of M2 if she announces the rebirth of Love 4 One Another on the anniversary date of Prince and Mayte’s wedding.

Yeah, Manuela started putting the hashtag on her charity IG. She got a lot of shit (rightfully) and started blocking responses.
[Edited 2/13/18 20:22pm]
[Edited 2/13/18 20:25pm]

Also on her personal IG
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/13/18 8:52pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Susu1976 said:

purplemist7777 said:
The old thread has been locked since 1/30. Not sure why. The first post here sums up what has been happening and what may happen tomorrow. It will show the true character of M2 if she announces the rebirth of Love 4 One Another on the anniversary date of Prince and Mayte’s wedding.
Yeah, Manuela started putting the hashtag on her charity IG. She got a lot of shit (rightfully) and started blocking responses.

lol lol lol

Blocking responses on her Instagram?

I hope she gets some punching

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/14/18 5:40am

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Susu1976 said:

purplemist7777 said: Yeah, Manuela started putting the hashtag on her charity IG. She got a lot of shit (rightfully) and started blocking responses.

lol lol lol

Blocking responses on her Instagram?

I hope she gets some punching

I hope so as well. I recently found out many former employees of Prince work for her charity.

I do not understand why the estate is letting her do this? Who let's an ex-wife worm her way back in like this.

The only thing I can think is that the fam is going to get some finacial incentive from it, don't care, or that this was something that Prince left as a task for her.

The whole thing is so crazy especially after the property and money were stolen.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/14/18 8:41am

purplemist7777

laurarichardson said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




Susu1976 said:


purplemist7777 said: Yeah, Manuela started putting the hashtag on her charity IG. She got a lot of shit (rightfully) and started blocking responses.

lol lol lol


Blocking responses on her Instagram?


I hope she gets some punching



I hope so as well. I recently found out many former employees of Prince work for her charity.


I do not understand why the estate is letting her do this? Who let's an ex-wife worm her way back in like this.



The only thing I can think is that the fam is going to get some finacial incentive from it, don't care, or that this was something that Prince left as a task for her.



The whole thing is so crazy especially after the property and money were stolen.




Do you think it was possible Prince left specific instructions re L4OA and if so this would indicate he knew his time was limited. He always talked and started making PP a museum so those instructions were not a surprise. He had other associates that ran nonprofits, so I cannot believe he would have thought of M2 to take over L4OA.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/14/18 10:38am

laurarichardso
n

purplemist7777 said:

laurarichardson said:

I hope so as well. I recently found out many former employees of Prince work for her charity.

I do not understand why the estate is letting her do this? Who let's an ex-wife worm her way back in like this.

The only thing I can think is that the fam is going to get some finacial incentive from it, don't care, or that this was something that Prince left as a task for her.

The whole thing is so crazy especially after the property and money were stolen.

Do you think it was possible Prince left specific instructions re L4OA and if so this would indicate he knew his time was limited. He always talked and started making PP a museum so those instructions were not a surprise. He had other associates that ran nonprofits, so I cannot believe he would have thought of M2 to take over L4OA.

He may have left some instructions because the church was purchased in the name of the Charity and was being refurbusish to turn into a community center. The property taxes were being paid by Prince from another account.

I just do not think M2 was involved or maybe they had patched things up but I would think he would have just put on name on and reactived it.

On the overhand if he did then that it might have tipped some people off that something was wrong. Keeping things off the books is one to get your way if people honor your wishes.

I can only see someone reaching out to the ex that sued them and kept motions going four years after the divorce papers were signed if they really really needed their help. Like desperate. I will say she does seem to still be heavily invested in him and with her being remarried it is strange.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/14/18 11:03am

meltedman

laurarichardson said:



purplemist7777 said:


laurarichardson said:


I hope so as well. I recently found out many former employees of Prince work for her charity.


I do not understand why the estate is letting her do this? Who let's an ex-wife worm her way back in like this.



The only thing I can think is that the fam is going to get some finacial incentive from it, don't care, or that this was something that Prince left as a task for her.



The whole thing is so crazy especially after the property and money were stolen.





Do you think it was possible Prince left specific instructions re L4OA and if so this would indicate he knew his time was limited. He always talked and started making PP a museum so those instructions were not a surprise. He had other associates that ran nonprofits, so I cannot believe he would have thought of M2 to take over L4OA.

He may have left some instructions because the church was purchased in the name of the Charity and was being refurbusish to turn into a community center. The property taxes were being paid by Prince from another account.



I just do not think M2 was involved or maybe they had patched things up but I would think he would have just put on name on and reactived it.



On the overhand if he did then that it might have tipped some people off that something was wrong. Keeping things off the books is one to get your way if people honor your wishes.



I can only see someone reaching out to the ex that sued them and kept motions going four years after the divorce papers were signed if they really really needed their help. Like desperate. I will say she does seem to still be heavily invested in him and with her being remarried it is strange.





Just a quick FYI....Manuela has absolutely nothing to do with the love4oneanother charity. She saw a trademark had lapsed and filed for it. The foundation still exists as it always has with the original board members still in place. Just because she owns the trademark does not mean she is part of the charity. If the iPhone trademark had lapsed, and I jumped in and filed it, then I could use the iPhone trademark...but Apple had it first so they can use it too....same here. She cannot name her organization love 4 one another, but she can make shirts and other apparel using the name....which is deceiving.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/14/18 11:07am

Genesia

avatar

meltedman said:

laurarichardson said:

He may have left some instructions because the church was purchased in the name of the Charity and was being refurbusish to turn into a community center. The property taxes were being paid by Prince from another account.

I just do not think M2 was involved or maybe they had patched things up but I would think he would have just put on name on and reactived it.

On the overhand if he did then that it might have tipped some people off that something was wrong. Keeping things off the books is one to get your way if people honor your wishes.

I can only see someone reaching out to the ex that sued them and kept motions going four years after the divorce papers were signed if they really really needed their help. Like desperate. I will say she does seem to still be heavily invested in him and with her being remarried it is strange.

Just a quick FYI....Manuela has absolutely nothing to do with the love4oneanother charity. She saw a trademark had lapsed and filed for it. The foundation still exists as it always has with the original board members still in place. Just because she owns the trademark does not mean she is part of the charity. If the iPhone trademark had lapsed, and I jumped in and filed it, then I could use the iPhone trademark...but Apple had it first so they can use it too....same here. She cannot name her organization love 4 one another, but she can make shirts and other apparel using the name....which is deceiving.


If she noticed that the trademark had lapsed, why didn't she just call her bosom pal Mayte and say, "Hey, sis - you might want to take care of that" instead of filing for it, herself.

I'm sorry - but that's shady AF.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/14/18 11:10am

laurarichardso
n

meltedman said:

laurarichardson said:

He may have left some instructions because the church was purchased in the name of the Charity and was being refurbusish to turn into a community center. The property taxes were being paid by Prince from another account.

I just do not think M2 was involved or maybe they had patched things up but I would think he would have just put on name on and reactived it.

On the overhand if he did then that it might have tipped some people off that something was wrong. Keeping things off the books is one to get your way if people honor your wishes.

I can only see someone reaching out to the ex that sued them and kept motions going four years after the divorce papers were signed if they really really needed their help. Like desperate. I will say she does seem to still be heavily invested in him and with her being remarried it is strange.

Just a quick FYI....Manuela has absolutely nothing to do with the love4oneanother charity. She saw a trademark had lapsed and filed for it. The foundation still exists as it always has with the original board members still in place. Just because she owns the trademark does not mean she is part of the charity. If the iPhone trademark had lapsed, and I jumped in and filed it, then I could use the iPhone trademark...but Apple had it first so they can use it too....same here. She cannot name her organization love 4 one another, but she can make shirts and other apparel using the name....which is deceiving.

If she is going to make shirts then she is making it appear as if she is a part of the charity. The charity was not active so what board of directors are you speaking of?

If it was inactive per the court docs what have these directors been doing all this time? Why did they let a church get stolen and 8 million go missing? Why did they not stop M2. In fact why would you even be friends with M2?

If I were one of those people on the board I will dial it down before someone starts looking for that money. Oh that is right someone is looking right now.

[Edited 2/14/18 11:12am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/14/18 11:13am

laurarichardso
n

Genesia said:

meltedman said:

laurarichardson said: Just a quick FYI....Manuela has absolutely nothing to do with the love4oneanother charity. She saw a trademark had lapsed and filed for it. The foundation still exists as it always has with the original board members still in place. Just because she owns the trademark does not mean she is part of the charity. If the iPhone trademark had lapsed, and I jumped in and filed it, then I could use the iPhone trademark...but Apple had it first so they can use it too....same here. She cannot name her organization love 4 one another, but she can make shirts and other apparel using the name....which is deceiving.


If she noticed that the trademark had lapsed, why didn't she just call her bosom pal Mayte and say, "Hey, sis - you might want to take care of that" instead of filing for it, herself.

I'm sorry - but that's shady AF.

Because pal Mayte was not on the board of the inactive foundation. If she was well she needs to retire because she fell down on the job.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/14/18 11:26am

morningsong

This is just too messy, and I don't want to touch it. It's obvious Comerica saw what she did, they took action and then...just stopped. Not one thing since has been in plain english on what is going on. Now, suddenly some random tidbit never uttered before has been thrown in after, what, 10+ years of all of this. Personally I find it annoying and uncalled for in the whole potstirring thing. People are going to talk about whoever they want to talk about, for whatever reason they want to talk about them. Not my cup o' tea but kind of sad to keep watching with absolutely no context.

Personally, I'm not interested enough to do a ton of researching, but it seems to me, if owning a trademark isn't all that much a big deal, an awful lot of laws are attached to something that isn't a big deal.


https://www.uspto.gov/sites/default/files/documents/tmlaw.pdf


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/14/18 11:32am

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:

This is just too messy, and I don't want to touch it. It's obvious Comerica saw what she did, they took action and then...just stopped. Not one thing since has been in plain english on what is going on. Now, suddenly some random tidbit never uttered before has been thrown in after, what, 10+ years of all of this. Personally I find it annoying and uncalled for in the whole potstirring thing. People are going to talk about whoever they want to talk about, for whatever reason they want to talk about them. Not my cup o' tea but kind of sad to keep watching with absolutely no context.

Personally, I'm not interested enough to do a ton of researching, but it seems to me, if owning a trademark isn't all that much a big deal, an awful lot of laws are attached to something that isn't a big deal.


https://www.uspto.gov/sites/default/files/documents/tmlaw.pdf


I would love to know why they did not stop her. Do just think it is not important? I mean if the estate had the trademark the estate could be making shirts and merchandise.

What she is doing is disrespecful and the fact that she has quite a lot of old Prince employees working for IAPW to me is not a conicedence. They are all blood suckers and I question if they are even serious about charity.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/14/18 11:58am

meltedman

laurarichardson said:



Genesia said:




meltedman said:


laurarichardson said: Just a quick FYI....Manuela has absolutely nothing to do with the love4oneanother charity. She saw a trademark had lapsed and filed for it. The foundation still exists as it always has with the original board members still in place. Just because she owns the trademark does not mean she is part of the charity. If the iPhone trademark had lapsed, and I jumped in and filed it, then I could use the iPhone trademark...but Apple had it first so they can use it too....same here. She cannot name her organization love 4 one another, but she can make shirts and other apparel using the name....which is deceiving.


If she noticed that the trademark had lapsed, why didn't she just call her bosom pal Mayte and say, "Hey, sis - you might want to take care of that" instead of filing for it, herself.

I'm sorry - but that's shady AF.



Because pal Mayte was not on the board of the inactive foundation. If she was well she needs to retire because she fell down on the job.



Mayte is on the board of directors and was never removed. She was unaware of it till he passed as she assumed she was removed until recently.

As for what Mr. Cousins has done, it is still under investigation. But the charity is in the process of being re-activated. Can’t say much else at this time but Love 4 One Another will carry on what Prnce and Mayte started.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/14/18 12:06pm

morningsong

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said:

This is just too messy, and I don't want to touch it. It's obvious Comerica saw what she did, they took action and then...just stopped. Not one thing since has been in plain english on what is going on. Now, suddenly some random tidbit never uttered before has been thrown in after, what, 10+ years of all of this. Personally I find it annoying and uncalled for in the whole potstirring thing. People are going to talk about whoever they want to talk about, for whatever reason they want to talk about them. Not my cup o' tea but kind of sad to keep watching with absolutely no context.

Personally, I'm not interested enough to do a ton of researching, but it seems to me, if owning a trademark isn't all that much a big deal, an awful lot of laws are attached to something that isn't a big deal.


https://www.uspto.gov/sites/default/files/documents/tmlaw.pdf


I would love to know why they did not stop her. Do just think it is not important? I mean if the estate had the trademark the estate could be making shirts and merchandise.

What she is doing is disrespecful and the fact that she has quite a lot of old Prince employees working for IAPW to me is not a conicedence. They are all blood suckers and I question if they are even serious about charity.



Others have been stopped, so there must be a reason and it's obvious not a reason that's being shared with the general public. I don't know what else there is to say. I know I'm not buying a bunch of stuff randomly just because of some Prince-ish logo on it, tons of people are doing that already, have been doing it since day one. I'm just rolling with he knew the people he was dealing with so if he left it opened for all of that then so be it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/14/18 12:12pm

purplemist7777

meltedman said:

laurarichardson said:



purplemist7777 said:


laurarichardson said:


I hope so as well. I recently found out many former employees of Prince work for her charity.


I do not understand why the estate is letting her do this? Who let's an ex-wife worm her way back in like this.



The only thing I can think is that the fam is going to get some finacial incentive from it, don't care, or that this was something that Prince left as a task for her.



The whole thing is so crazy especially after the property and money were stolen.





Do you think it was possible Prince left specific instructions re L4OA and if so this would indicate he knew his time was limited. He always talked and started making PP a museum so those instructions were not a surprise. He had other associates that ran nonprofits, so I cannot believe he would have thought of M2 to take over L4OA.

He may have left some instructions because the church was purchased in the name of the Charity and was being refurbusish to turn into a community center. The property taxes were being paid by Prince from another account.



I just do not think M2 was involved or maybe they had patched things up but I would think he would have just put on name on and reactived it.



On the overhand if he did then that it might have tipped some people off that something was wrong. Keeping things off the books is one to get your way if people honor your wishes.



I can only see someone reaching out to the ex that sued them and kept motions going four years after the divorce papers were signed if they really really needed their help. Like desperate. I will say she does seem to still be heavily invested in him and with her being remarried it is strange.





Just a quick FYI....Manuela has absolutely nothing to do with the love4oneanother charity. She saw a trademark had lapsed and filed for it. The foundation still exists as it always has with the original board members still in place. Just because she owns the trademark does not mean she is part of the charity. If the iPhone trademark had lapsed, and I jumped in and filed it, then I could use the iPhone trademark...but Apple had it first so they can use it too....same here. She cannot name her organization love 4 one another, but she can make shirts and other apparel using the name....which is deceiving.


But the trademark is an identifier of the charity and fans will think they are supporting Prince’s original charity when in fact they will be supporting Mani’s charity. Very deceiving
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/14/18 12:41pm

laurarichardso
n

meltedman said:

laurarichardson said:

Because pal Mayte was not on the board of the inactive foundation. If she was well she needs to retire because she fell down on the job.

Mayte is on the board of directors and was never removed. She was unaware of it till he passed as she assumed she was removed until recently. As for what Mr. Cousins has done, it is still under investigation. But the charity is in the process of being re-activated. Can’t say much else at this time but Love 4 One Another will carry on what Prnce and Mayte started.

So she was on a board of a charity that was inactive. How can she reactivate something when all of the money was stolen? Who is letting her reactivate a charity that may be a part of a criminal investigation? Who is letting it be reactived with all of this going on.

Do you need some information on the investigation? Do chief managers have the authority to sell real estate and take money from a charity?


SLS and Bremer:
I am attaching a title chain report for the property located at 1119 Morgan Ave. North, Minneapolis. This property has
been listed as Estate assets.
As of the date of Prince’s death, the property was owned by L4OA, LLC, which I understand was Prince's foundation. It is
currently not in good standing. As you can see from the report, the property was sold on or aboutJune 6, 2016 by L40A,
LLC to Reboot Charity, Inc., pursuant to deed signed by Patrick Cousins as Chief Manager. Though consideration was not
1isted, from the sales tax paid, it looks like the sale was for a nominal amount.
On or about August 5, 2016, the building with resold to Faith Deliverance Holiness Church. The deed was signed by
Jeremy Smith. From limited research, It appears that Mr. Cousins has an affiliation with Reboot Charity, Inc. and a
relationship with Mr. Smith.
Omarr worked on this building himself, and brought this strange sale to my attention.
Were these sales orchestrated by the Special Administrator and legal team? If so, what was the proceeds to the
estate. I have not seen any documents regarding the transfer of this property, though I did not join the case until after
June 6. That being said, the 1119 Morgan Property was listed as Estate property at the meeting at SLS’s office on August
15.
I would appreciate any light you could shed on this issue.
-----

We also have discovered that there was a Deutsche Bank/ Alex Brown (SW-017570) account in the name of Love For
One Another Charities. The account papemork indicates it was being sent to Mr. Cousins at his Florida address. At the
end ofJanuary, 2008, there is a Deutsche Bank account where stock is being purchased in the name of the charity at this
address in the amount of approximately $300,000. We have these bank statements too (end of January 2008). We do
not know whether it was funded, in part with the $8,200,000. We do not have any additional information regarding
these monies.
As part of our investigation, we have been working ctosely with Gina Detoncini at Fox Rothchild as well as Alyssa
LeTourneau and Dudley Ryan at CliftonLarsonAlIe-n. We have also requested information from Mr. Cousins. We have a
commitment from Mr. Cousins to provide us with approximately 70 boxes of materials that document his work with Mr.
Nelson.
In short, the Special Administrator still needs to run facts to ground before the estate takes any action. need additional
documentation before the estate can make a decision with respect to its legal options. It is important to remember that
the statute of limitations on any ciaim an estate may make is tolled for one (1) year.

[

[Edited 2/14/18 12:48pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/14/18 1:37pm

Strawberrylova
123

Follow
So excited to announce this! The 2 schools we built in Prince’s honor are overflowing with children. With seed money from Omarr, #NPGUK , et moi 😊 we’re building another school block for one of the villages. Join us to help build yet *another* school block for these kids! Check link in bio for more details☝🏽and to send an awesome Valentine to someone you love 💜 #Repost @perfectworldfdn ・・・ This Valentine's Day, we're proud to announce #L4OA, the Love 4 One Another Project, honoring the philanthropic legacy of our beloved friend @Prince.  We've already built two schools with the help of his fans worldwide, and invite you to join us as we extend his legacy of compassion. Donate today and we'll send someone you love a #ValentinesDay e-card!  Link in bio. #love4oneanother #IAPW #bethechange #love #7daysoflove .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ ⠀ #activist #advocate #education #socialchange #charity #nonprofit #socialgood #cause #aid #advocacy #change #activism #donate #foundation #childeducation #changemakers #humanrights #children #giveback⠀
LikeCommentSave

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/14/18 1:39pm

purplemist7777

laurarichardson said:



meltedman said:


laurarichardson said:


Because pal Mayte was not on the board of the inactive foundation. If she was well she needs to retire because she fell down on the job.



Mayte is on the board of directors and was never removed. She was unaware of it till he passed as she assumed she was removed until recently. As for what Mr. Cousins has done, it is still under investigation. But the charity is in the process of being re-activated. Can’t say much else at this time but Love 4 One Another will carry on what Prnce and Mayte started.

So she was on a board of a charity that was inactive. How can she reactivate something when all of the money was stolen? Who is letting her reactivate a charity that may be a part of a criminal investigation? Who is letting it be reactived with all of this going on.



Do you need some information on the investigation? Do chief managers have the authority to sell real estate and take money from a charity?






SLS and Bremer:
I am attaching a title chain report for the property located at 1119 Morgan Ave. North, Minneapolis. This property has
been listed as Estate assets.
As of the date of Prince’s death, the property was owned by L4OA, LLC, which I understand was Prince's foundation. It is
currently not in good standing. As you can see from the report, the property was sold on or aboutJune 6, 2016 by L40A,
LLC to Reboot Charity, Inc., pursuant to deed signed by Patrick Cousins as Chief Manager. Though consideration was not
1isted, from the sales tax paid, it looks like the sale was for a nominal amount.
On or about August 5, 2016, the building with resold to Faith Deliverance Holiness Church. The deed was signed by
Jeremy Smith. From limited research, It appears that Mr. Cousins has an affiliation with Reboot Charity, Inc. and a
relationship with Mr. Smith.
Omarr worked on this building himself, and brought this strange sale to my attention.
Were these sales orchestrated by the Special Administrator and legal team? If so, what was the proceeds to the
estate. I have not seen any documents regarding the transfer of this property, though I did not join the case until after
June 6. That being said, the 1119 Morgan Property was listed as Estate property at the meeting at SLS’s office on August
15.
I would appreciate any light you could shed on this issue.
-----

We also have discovered that there was a Deutsche Bank/ Alex Brown (SW-017570) account in the name of Love For
One Another Charities. The account papemork indicates it was being sent to Mr. Cousins at his Florida address. At the
end ofJanuary, 2008, there is a Deutsche Bank account where stock is being purchased in the name of the charity at this
address in the amount of approximately $300,000. We have these bank statements too (end of January 2008). We do
not know whether it was funded, in part with the $8,200,000. We do not have any additional information regarding
these monies.
As part of our investigation, we have been working ctosely with Gina Detoncini at Fox Rothchild as well as Alyssa
LeTourneau and Dudley Ryan at CliftonLarsonAlIe-n. We have also requested information from Mr. Cousins. We have a
commitment from Mr. Cousins to provide us with approximately 70 boxes of materials that document his work with Mr.
Nelson.
In short, the Special Administrator still needs to run facts to ground before the estate takes any action. need additional
documentation before the estate can make a decision with respect to its legal options. It is important to remember that
the statute of limitations on any ciaim an estate may make is tolled for one (1) year.

[

[Edited 2/14/18 12:48pm]



M2 charity just announced the Love for One Another Project...her and Omarr I guess. So is stone cold announcing it today.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/14/18 2:00pm

morningsong

So just to get it straight. There is, a "Love 4 One Another Foundation", which is under the umbrella of In A Perfect World" Mani , which is building schools in some country in Africa named after Prince starting from seed money from Omarr. Then there is "Love 4 One Another Charities" which is owned by the Estate, but doesn't have a tax exempt status so Prince had been paying the taxes on the Charity up until 2007, but now is being revived or some mess I can't make heads or tails of. I'm not sure what's been trademarked the name "Love 4 One Another" or that handprint, but it doesn't look like the handprint is being used, so I guess it's the name, so yeah that's going to be confusing. So now we are going to have "Love 4 One Another Foundation" and "Love 4 One Another Charities" neither have anything to do with the other but they both are working under the name "Prince".


Gawd, it got messy faster than I expected it to.

Sounds like that Pantone thing where they have an official Prince purple, but for some reason they ran a campaign using Prince's name but with a different shade of purple. So they make a profit from Prince enthusist but the Estate doesn't.



Yeah, I know what I'm going to do, exactly what I have been doing. Until it's crystal clear what's going on my money stays in my pocket. I'll make my own little specialty kniknaks. It's sad to see but it's the name of the beast and I knew it was coming.


Now that folks see there's a profit to be made it's been just a free for all. I'm glad I didn't buy into much of any of it from jumpstreet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/14/18 2:18pm

meltedman

morningsong said:

So just to get it straight. There is, a "Love 4 One Another Foundation", which is under the umbrella of In A Perfect World" Mani , which is building schools in some country in Africa named after Prince starting from seed money from Omarr. Then there is "Love 4 One Another Charities" which is owned by the Estate, but doesn't have a tax exempt status so Prince had been paying the taxes on the Charity up until 2007, but now is being revived or some mess I can't make heads or tails of. I'm not sure what's been trademarked the name "Love 4 One Another" or that handprint, but it doesn't look like the handprint is being used, so I guess it's the name, so yeah that's going to be confusing. So now we are going to have "Love 4 One Another Foundation" and "Love 4 One Another Charities" neither have anything to do with the other but they both are working under the name "Prince".


Gawd, it got messy faster than I expected it to.

Sounds like that Pantone thing where they have an official Prince purple, but for some reason they ran a campaign using Prince's name but with a different shade of purple. So they make a profit from Prince enthusist but the Estate doesn't.



Yeah, I know what I'm going to do, exactly what I have been doing. Until it's crystal clear what's going on my money stays in my pocket. I'll make my own little specialty kniknaks. It's sad to see but it's the name of the beast and I knew it was coming.


Now that folks see there's a profit to be made it's been just a free for all. I'm glad I didn't buy into much of any of it from jumpstreet.



There is only one Love 4 One Another started by Prince and Mayte. The one that actually had Princes blessing. Not the theft of the name. The upcoming Love 4 One Another charity, the official one...the one Prince actually endorsed is coming.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/14/18 2:30pm

morningsong

meltedman said:

morningsong said:

So just to get it straight. There is, a "Love 4 One Another Foundation", which is under the umbrella of In A Perfect World" Mani , which is building schools in some country in Africa named after Prince starting from seed money from Omarr. Then there is "Love 4 One Another Charities" which is owned by the Estate, but doesn't have a tax exempt status so Prince had been paying the taxes on the Charity up until 2007, but now is being revived or some mess I can't make heads or tails of. I'm not sure what's been trademarked the name "Love 4 One Another" or that handprint, but it doesn't look like the handprint is being used, so I guess it's the name, so yeah that's going to be confusing. So now we are going to have "Love 4 One Another Foundation" and "Love 4 One Another Charities" neither have anything to do with the other but they both are working under the name "Prince".


Gawd, it got messy faster than I expected it to.

Sounds like that Pantone thing where they have an official Prince purple, but for some reason they ran a campaign using Prince's name but with a different shade of purple. So they make a profit from Prince enthusist but the Estate doesn't.



Yeah, I know what I'm going to do, exactly what I have been doing. Until it's crystal clear what's going on my money stays in my pocket. I'll make my own little specialty kniknaks. It's sad to see but it's the name of the beast and I knew it was coming.


Now that folks see there's a profit to be made it's been just a free for all. I'm glad I didn't buy into much of any of it from jumpstreet.

There is only one Love 4 One Another started by Prince and Mayte. The one that actually had Princes blessing. Not the theft of the name. The upcoming Love 4 One Another charity, the official one...the one Prince actually endorsed is coming.



This may begin to explain some big question marks that's been dangling out there. Not quite answered yet, but less foggy.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/14/18 3:12pm

Mumio

avatar



popcorn lol lol This could get interesting nod

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/14/18 4:02pm

luv4life

avatar

Now we all see what she is about!!! Shady AF! If anyone has a instagram acct or fb linked to her I think we should all voice our opinions there! Let her spend her Valentines Day blocking all of us. This is one of the most disrespectful things she could have done. I have alway had respect for all of Princes exs but not anymore. Manuela has showed her true colors today. They are green with envy and the color of money she wishes to cash in on$$$$$$$$$$

mad mad

purplemist7777 said:

laurarichardson said:

So she was on a board of a charity that was inactive. How can she reactivate something when all of the money was stolen? Who is letting her reactivate a charity that may be a part of a criminal investigation? Who is letting it be reactived with all of this going on.

Do you need some information on the investigation? Do chief managers have the authority to sell real estate and take money from a charity?


SLS and Bremer:
I am attaching a title chain report for the property located at 1119 Morgan Ave. North, Minneapolis. This property has
been listed as Estate assets.
As of the date of Prince’s death, the property was owned by L4OA, LLC, which I understand was Prince's foundation. It is
currently not in good standing. As you can see from the report, the property was sold on or aboutJune 6, 2016 by L40A,
LLC to Reboot Charity, Inc., pursuant to deed signed by Patrick Cousins as Chief Manager. Though consideration was not
1isted, from the sales tax paid, it looks like the sale was for a nominal amount.
On or about August 5, 2016, the building with resold to Faith Deliverance Holiness Church. The deed was signed by
Jeremy Smith. From limited research, It appears that Mr. Cousins has an affiliation with Reboot Charity, Inc. and a
relationship with Mr. Smith.
Omarr worked on this building himself, and brought this strange sale to my attention.
Were these sales orchestrated by the Special Administrator and legal team? If so, what was the proceeds to the
estate. I have not seen any documents regarding the transfer of this property, though I did not join the case until after
June 6. That being said, the 1119 Morgan Property was listed as Estate property at the meeting at SLS’s office on August
15.
I would appreciate any light you could shed on this issue.
-----

We also have discovered that there was a Deutsche Bank/ Alex Brown (SW-017570) account in the name of Love For
One Another Charities. The account papemork indicates it was being sent to Mr. Cousins at his Florida address. At the
end ofJanuary, 2008, there is a Deutsche Bank account where stock is being purchased in the name of the charity at this
address in the amount of approximately $300,000. We have these bank statements too (end of January 2008). We do
not know whether it was funded, in part with the $8,200,000. We do not have any additional information regarding
these monies.
As part of our investigation, we have been working ctosely with Gina Detoncini at Fox Rothchild as well as Alyssa
LeTourneau and Dudley Ryan at CliftonLarsonAlIe-n. We have also requested information from Mr. Cousins. We have a
commitment from Mr. Cousins to provide us with approximately 70 boxes of materials that document his work with Mr.
Nelson.
In short, the Special Administrator still needs to run facts to ground before the estate takes any action. need additional
documentation before the estate can make a decision with respect to its legal options. It is important to remember that
the statute of limitations on any ciaim an estate may make is tolled for one (1) year.

[

[Edited 2/14/18 12:48pm]

M2 charity just announced the Love for One Another Project...her and Omarr I guess. So is stone cold announcing it today.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/14/18 4:26pm

Mumio

avatar

luv4life said:

Now we all see what she is about!!! Shady AF! If anyone has a instagram acct or fb linked to her I think we should all voice our opinions there! Let her spend her Valentines Day blocking all of us. This is one of the most disrespectful things she could have done. I have alway had respect for all of Princes exs but not anymore. Manuela has showed her true colors today. They are green with envy and the color of money she wishes to cash in on$$$$$$$$$$

mad mad



Well, the estate didn't stop her from getting the trademark so what does that say? I don't know if that means her action was supported but the estate knew what was going on and allowed it to go to her. Right now, it's hard to figure out what is going on involving all of the Love 4 One Another stuff. The estate didn't stop her, Omarr Baker supports her apparently, and then there was all of that shady stuff involving Patrick Cousins, $8+ million dollars tied to the charity, and the land across from PP. Sure sounded like Cousins got his hands on everything and is doing whatever, but we really don't know for sure. Still haven't heard a peep about those 70+ boxes of info that Cousins said he had re Prince. How was he able to just up and sell that church P owned? And an even bigger question I've seen elsewhere is why did it appear Prince seemed to disassociate himself from the charity and allowed the charity to lapse?

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/14/18 4:45pm

morningsong

Mumio said:

luv4life said:

Now we all see what she is about!!! Shady AF! If anyone has a instagram acct or fb linked to her I think we should all voice our opinions there! Let her spend her Valentines Day blocking all of us. This is one of the most disrespectful things she could have done. I have alway had respect for all of Princes exs but not anymore. Manuela has showed her true colors today. They are green with envy and the color of money she wishes to cash in on$$$$$$$$$$

mad mad



Well, the estate didn't stop her from getting the trademark so what does that say? I don't know if that means her action was supported but the estate knew what was going on and allowed it to go to her. Right now, it's hard to figure out what is going on involving all of the Love 4 One Another stuff. The estate didn't stop her, Omarr Baker supports her apparently, and then there was all of that shady stuff involving Patrick Cousins, $8+ million dollars tied to the charity, and the land across from PP. Sure sounded like Cousins got his hands on everything and is doing whatever, but we really don't know for sure. Still haven't heard a peep about those 70+ boxes of info that Cousins said he had re Prince. How was he able to just up and sell that church P owned? And an even bigger question I've seen elsewhere is why did it appear Prince seemed to disassociate himself from the charity and allowed the charity to lapse?



So I'm not the only one sitting here scratching my head about all this.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Love4oneanother Trademark ???