independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 12th Dec 2017 2:31am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia, Jill Jones, Brenda and Susan banned from Paisley Park?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 14 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/14/17 4:38pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Apples wasn't in the movie because she was something special. P needed someone to take Vanity's place ASAP. It wasn't because she was a great actress, or had a great singing voice, because she was neither of those. She was just in the right place at the right time, and P was in a pinch.

Vashtix said:

malbena said:

Vashtix said: Surely you are entitled to your opinion. I don't find Appolonia attractive because I prefer natural aging as opposed to plastic and I am sorry to say she is old and patched up. Desperately trying. I have nothing against Brenda and Susan. Jill could use some love. Appolonia has made poor decisions when she decided to gang up against Mayte. She lost my respect for her ever since. [Edited 8/14/17 16:25pm]

That does not mean she is patched up and not part of an important time in the Purple History.

.

Apples was in the movie; Apples is singing Take Me With You Apples is the one in Appolonia 6 in the movie.

I may not be a fan but that is just as true as all M1 was in the 90s . I do not have to be a fan but their contributions cannot be denied.

.

They all deserve to validated for their part over the years and that includes Apples. Especially because she was in the iconic movie. It was Apples as the beautiful love interest.

[Edited 8/14/17 16:35pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/14/17 4:43pm

Strawberrylova
123

malbena said:

PennyPurple said:

This is what she (Jill) posted on her facebook:







Yes it's true. We were banned from Paisley Park. However, I was not present during this time that Apollonia took the photo. I was in fact airborne on my way to Mpls arriving at midnight. 2 hours after this hoopla occurred. Lol. Drama. I was informed the next day that I could not attend any events at Paisley. Me, Apollonia,Susan & Brenda. Do I care? No. Does it make me angry that I was also told that Hucky called a meeting prior to all of this informing our security that the Revolution wanted to make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event at Paisley? Not really it makes me laugh. I had no idea I rattled people as much as I do. Do I care? Not really. They can play the game. But I want to make it clear, I was never in it for the game. I am for real. I don't front. For the record joel weinshanker and shannon Pratt and scott march are behind the ban. Scott, they made him the face of the ban.




Oh that explains why she got kicked out. The Revolution wanted her away from them. Ouch! Nothing worse than being out of one of the most important band in Prince's world.

The Rev members are turning out to be a bunch of Assholes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/14/17 4:44pm

malbena

Strawberrylova123 said:

malbena said:



Oh that explains why she got kicked out. The Revolution wanted her away from them. Ouch! Nothing worse than being out of one of the most important band in Prince's world.

The Rev members are turning out to be a bunch of Assholes


What did they do? I'm not following news about them?
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/14/17 4:46pm

Vashtix

PennyPurple said:

Apples wasn't in the movie because she was something special. P needed someone to take Vanity's place ASAP. It wasn't because she was a great actress, or had a great singing voice, because she was neither of those. She was just in the right place at the right time, and P was in a pinch.

Vashtix said:

That does not mean she is patched up and not part of an important time in the Purple History.

.

Apples was in the movie; Apples is singing Take Me With You Apples is the one in Appolonia 6 in the movie.

I may not be a fan but that is just as true as all M1 was in the 90s . I do not have to be a fan but their contributions cannot be denied.

.

They all deserve to validated for their part over the years and that includes Apples. Especially because she was in the iconic movie. It was Apples as the beautiful love interest.

[Edited 8/14/17 16:35pm]

No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/14/17 4:51pm

PennyPurple

avatar

One of the comments under Jill's FB posts states that they were banned because they helped sneak Apples phone out of the case so she could take a selfie in front of her mural on the wall. They were all banned because the rules apply to all.

Who knows?? Jill has been bitching for months now, want's credit for this, credit for that, possibly releasing some songs she shouldn't have.


Wendy and Lisa is wanting a say in the vault.


Eric Benet thinks he's Prince... and his wife wants him to be.

Sheila E is selling items with P's symbol but added a butterfly.


Several books have been written and several more are being written.

It's a never ending circus. Everyone thinks they are entitled to a piece of the Prince pie.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/14/17 4:52pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Vashtix said:

PennyPurple said:

Apples wasn't in the movie because she was something special. P needed someone to take Vanity's place ASAP. It wasn't because she was a great actress, or had a great singing voice, because she was neither of those. She was just in the right place at the right time, and P was in a pinch.

No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.

Actually IMO none of them deserve anything & what makes them think that they do?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/14/17 5:00pm

laurarichardso
n

malbena said:

Strawberrylova123 said:
The Rev members are turning out to be a bunch of Assholes
What did they do? I'm not following news about them?

They banned Jill, Brenda and Susan despite the fact that they did not take any pictures. I am puzzled as to why Brenda and Susan were banned what did they do to the Revoulution has Susan not even been in the entertainment business for over 30 years. Are bitches holding grudges from 30 years ago?

Many of us have been trying to tell orgers for years about the Melvoins. They are throwing their weight around and I expect the other associates will be banned from Paisley Park events anytime the Revolution is around.

All this from a band that was not even touring until a few months ago.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/14/17 5:01pm

laurarichardso
n

PennyPurple said:

Vashtix said:

No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.

Actually IMO none of them deserve anything & what makes them think that they do?

What does deserve have to do with wanting to come and visit? Are they giving out golden eggs at the end of the tour.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/14/17 5:01pm

malbena

PennyPurple said:



Vashtix said:




PennyPurple said:


Apples wasn't in the movie because she was something special. P needed someone to take Vanity's place ASAP. It wasn't because she was a great actress, or had a great singing voice, because she was neither of those. She was just in the right place at the right time, and P was in a pinch.




No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.



Actually IMO none of them deserve anything & what makes them think that they do?



lol There! lol
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/14/17 5:04pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I guess after that kind of attack, if it is true, I could understand it.
Not the best way to air greivences, even though it was about Prince.

But tired about what?
Just don't click on it sister

PennyPurple said:

I'm getting tired of the Revolution too.

malbena said:

PennyPurple said: Oh that explains why she got kicked out. The Revolution wanted her away from them. Ouch! Nothing worse than being out of one of the most important band in Prince's world.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/14/17 5:05pm

bondno9

avatar

Vashtix said:

PennyPurple said:

Apples wasn't in the movie because she was something special. P needed someone to take Vanity's place ASAP. It wasn't because she was a great actress, or had a great singing voice, because she was neither of those. She was just in the right place at the right time, and P was in a pinch.

No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.

When Prince posted that video on YT of the private concert he gave her back in 2014 at Paisley and ened it with a public thank you to her ... that told me all I needed to know. To publically say thank you to her meant she was something special to HIM. Apollonia has shown noting but respect to Prince even in death. So what that she went after Mayte. We all know P would have done the same if he were alive and that the book would have never seen the light of day. Let's face it. Ain't nobody fighting for this man, I mean truly fighting for him. It's all about the $$$. But hey, Apples don't seem to upset about the "ban". She hasn't talked about it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/14/17 5:06pm

malbena

laurarichardson said:



malbena said:


Strawberrylova123 said:
The Rev members are turning out to be a bunch of Assholes

What did they do? I'm not following news about them?

They banned Jill, Brenda and Susan despite the fact that they did not take any pictures. I am puzzled as to why Brenda and Susan were banned what did they do to the Revoulution has Susan not even been in the entertainment business for over 30 years. Are bitches holding grudges from 30 years ago?



Many of us have been trying to tell orgers for years about the Melvoins. They are throwing their weight around and I expect the other associates will be banned from Paisley Park events anytime the Revolution is around.



All this from a band that was not even touring until a few months ago.





I knew they disliked Jill but not sure why they have anything to o do with the ban since they were at First Avenue with the Revolution. I understand they asked not to have Jill but not the other ones. Maybe the management did?
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/14/17 5:06pm

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:

laurarichardson said:

Militant said: --I love your faith in Kirk. It is hysterical.



What on earth are you talking about? He works there, doesn't he?





Because he works there it does not mean he has any pull. The facilty is managed by Graceland and Kirk is on a contract per the court docs. I am not even so sure he employed by Graceland and I doubt he would be making any management decisions.

I do not think based on his performance on CBS News that he is capable of any executive decisions. I am still trying to figure out how a whole church got stolen while he was running L4OA.

But you keep the faith.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/14/17 5:08pm

laurarichardso
n

Do you really think she is going to slack off on them now?

OldFriends4Sale said:

I guess after that kind of attack, if it is true, I could understand it

PennyPurple said:

I'm getting tired of the Revolution too.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/14/17 5:09pm

malbena

laurarichardson said:



PennyPurple said:




Vashtix said:



No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.



Actually IMO none of them deserve anything & what makes them think that they do?



What does deserve have to do with wanting to come and visit? Are they giving out golden eggs at the end of the tour.



lol at Golden eggs.
I think though that PennyPurple is referring to not deserving privileges such as breaking the rules.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/14/17 5:09pm

bondno9

avatar

PennyPurple said:

One of the comments under Jill's FB posts states that they were banned because they helped sneak Apples phone out of the case so she could take a selfie in front of her mural on the wall. They were all banned because the rules apply to all.

Who knows?? Jill has been bitching for months now, want's credit for this, credit for that, possibly releasing some songs she shouldn't have.


Wendy and Lisa is wanting a say in the vault.


Eric Benet thinks he's Prince... and his wife wants him to be.

Sheila E is selling items with P's symbol but added a butterfly.


Several books have been written and several more are being written.

It's a never ending circus. Everyone thinks they are entitled to a piece of the Prince pie.

Wait a minute. This whole thing makes no sense. Brenda was present??? At that one event back in April ('17) it was JJ, Apples, Susan, and Omar. Brenda was no where to be seen?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/14/17 5:12pm

malbena

bondno9 said:



Vashtix said:




PennyPurple said:


Apples wasn't in the movie because she was something special. P needed someone to take Vanity's place ASAP. It wasn't because she was a great actress, or had a great singing voice, because she was neither of those. She was just in the right place at the right time, and P was in a pinch.




No matter why. Apples was in the movie as it ended up. Sure she was playing Vanity but it does not matter. In the end Apples was on the big screen. That reason alone she deserves to be part of any celebration just as much as the others.




When Prince posted that video on YT of the private concert he gave her back in 2014 at Paisley and ened it with a public thank you to her ... that told me all I needed to know. To publically say thank you to her meant she was something special to HIM. Apollonia has shown noting but respect to Prince even in death. So what that she went after Mayte. We all know P would have done the same if he were alive and that the book would have never seen the light of day. Let's face it. Ain't nobody fighting for this man, I mean truly fighting for him. It's all about the $$$. But hey, Apples don't seem to upset about the "ban". She hasn't talked about it.



Please! Prince thanks a whole lot of artists.
If Appolonia is respectful, why this whole sneaky picture taking at Paisley as well as bashing the mother of his son.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/14/17 5:13pm

bondno9

avatar

malbena said:

laurarichardson said:

They banned Jill, Brenda and Susan despite the fact that they did not take any pictures. I am puzzled as to why Brenda and Susan were banned what did they do to the Revoulution has Susan not even been in the entertainment business for over 30 years. Are bitches holding grudges from 30 years ago?

Many of us have been trying to tell orgers for years about the Melvoins. They are throwing their weight around and I expect the other associates will be banned from Paisley Park events anytime the Revolution is around.

All this from a band that was not even touring until a few months ago.

I knew they disliked Jill but not sure why they have anything to o do with the ban since they were at First Avenue with the Revolution. I understand they asked not to have Jill but not the other ones. Maybe the management did?

And that's why I"m wondering if this whole thing really has to do with Jill and not some "alleged" photo Apples took. It's really because of Jill that the rest of them were banned due to their association with her, especially Apples.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/14/17 5:13pm

laurarichardso
n

malbena said:

laurarichardson said:

What does deserve have to do with wanting to come and visit? Are they giving out golden eggs at the end of the tour.

lol at Golden eggs. I think though that PennyPurple is referring to not deserving privileges such as breaking the rules.

Jill said she was in the air when all this happened.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/14/17 5:14pm

malbena

laurarichardson said:



malbena said:


laurarichardson said:


What does deserve have to do with wanting to come and visit? Are they giving out golden eggs at the end of the tour.



lol at Golden eggs. I think though that PennyPurple is referring to not deserving privileges such as breaking the rules.

Jill said she was in the air when all this happened.



Right. But not the rest of the group. Rules apply for them all.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/14/17 5:16pm

bondno9

avatar

malbena said:

bondno9 said:

When Prince posted that video on YT of the private concert he gave her back in 2014 at Paisley and ened it with a public thank you to her ... that told me all I needed to know. To publically say thank you to her meant she was something special to HIM. Apollonia has shown noting but respect to Prince even in death. So what that she went after Mayte. We all know P would have done the same if he were alive and that the book would have never seen the light of day. Let's face it. Ain't nobody fighting for this man, I mean truly fighting for him. It's all about the $$$. But hey, Apples don't seem to upset about the "ban". She hasn't talked about it.

Please! Prince thanks a whole lot of artists. If Appolonia is respectful, why this whole sneaky picture taking at Paisley as well as bashing the mother of his son.

Oh please. How did she bash Mayte? Get out of here. She didn't do anything Prince wouldn't have done if he were alive. We all know that book wouldn't have been published if he were alive. Mayte was kicked to the curb by Prince and he had zero contact with her. Those are the facts.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 08/14/17 5:16pm

malbena

bondno9 said:



malbena said:


laurarichardson said:


They banned Jill, Brenda and Susan despite the fact that they did not take any pictures. I am puzzled as to why Brenda and Susan were banned what did they do to the Revoulution has Susan not even been in the entertainment business for over 30 years. Are bitches holding grudges from 30 years ago?



Many of us have been trying to tell orgers for years about the Melvoins. They are throwing their weight around and I expect the other associates will be banned from Paisley Park events anytime the Revolution is around.



All this from a band that was not even touring until a few months ago.





I knew they disliked Jill but not sure why they have anything to o do with the ban since they were at First Avenue with the Revolution. I understand they asked not to have Jill but not the other ones. Maybe the management did?


And that's why I"m wondering if this whole thing really has to do with Jill and not some "alleged" photo Apples took. It's really because of Jill that the rest of them were banned due to their association with her, especially Apples.




They showed up at other Revolution concerts since the ban. I think it is management related.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 08/14/17 5:18pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

malbena said:

Strawberrylova123 said: What did they do? I'm not following news about them?

They banned Jill, Brenda and Susan despite the fact that they did not take any pictures. I am puzzled as to why Brenda and Susan were banned what did they do to the Revoulution has Susan not even been in the entertainment business for over 30 years. Are bitches holding grudges from 30 years ago?

Many of us have been trying to tell orgers for years about the Melvoins. They are throwing their weight around and I expect the other associates will be banned from Paisley Park events anytime the Revolution is around.

All this from a band that was not even touring until a few months ago.

Oh boy here goes Laura exaggerating

the Revolution did not ban anyone.
It reads they just didn't want any confrontations with Jill as a result of her FB rant last year.

They had Apollonia at their show last year for all 3 nights, and Brenda was there for 2. Susan couldn't make it.
Not to mention BobbyZ Fink Dez Andre had Apollonia @ the 2nd or 3rd My Purple Heart event

Apollonia tried to get Apollonia 6 on the October 2016 Tribute show but they were rejected from that. I don't the Revolution had anything to do with that

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, standing and playing a musical instrument

Image may contain: 2 people, people on stage, night and concert

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, crowd and night

Image may contain: 2 people, people on stage, people playing musical instruments, people standing, concert and night

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people on stage, people playing musical instruments and indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, concert and night

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 08/14/17 5:18pm

malbena

bondno9 said:



malbena said:


bondno9 said:



When Prince posted that video on YT of the private concert he gave her back in 2014 at Paisley and ened it with a public thank you to her ... that told me all I needed to know. To publically say thank you to her meant she was something special to HIM. Apollonia has shown noting but respect to Prince even in death. So what that she went after Mayte. We all know P would have done the same if he were alive and that the book would have never seen the light of day. Let's face it. Ain't nobody fighting for this man, I mean truly fighting for him. It's all about the $$$. But hey, Apples don't seem to upset about the "ban". She hasn't talked about it.



Please! Prince thanks a whole lot of artists. If Appolonia is respectful, why this whole sneaky picture taking at Paisley as well as bashing the mother of his son.


Oh please. How did she bash Mayte? Get out of here. She didn't do anything Prince wouldn't have done if he were alive. We all know that book wouldn't have been published if he were alive. Mayte was kicked to the curb by Prince and he had zero contact with her. Those are the facts.



Oh you must have missed the Facebook posts Appolonia later removed due to the Mayte crusaders coming to the .. rescue. Appolonia got eaten alive.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 08/14/17 5:23pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

why would she keep going?

4 what?

Her issues in 2016, which were really about Prince, she vented.

Is there an issue between Kirk & Jill?

laurarichardson said:

Do you really think she is going to slack off on them now?

OldFriends4Sale said:

I guess after that kind of attack, if it is true, I could understand it

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 08/14/17 5:26pm

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

Graceland management lets you take all the photos you want at elvis's place...I totally understand why prince did not want photos taken while he was alive as paisley park was his sanctuary. But i don't see the sense of it now, as it is open to the public, I would think now with social media, paisley park would be getting massive free advertising if all the people that visited posted about it. It's no secret what they have on display so what's the deal? once you open a space up to the public what is the point of the hardcore photo stance?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 08/14/17 5:27pm

SoulAlive

malbena said:

SoulAlive said:

This is ridiculous.PP should be asking these ladies to appear at special events.How cool would it be to see an Apollonia 6 reunion performance at a future event?



Cool??? Appolonia is falling apart physically and mentally.


oh I get it....you're judging somebody because they had plastic surgery rolleyes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 08/14/17 5:28pm

malbena

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:

Graceland management lets you take all the photos you want at elvis's place...I totally understand why prince did not want photos taken while he was alive as paisley park was his sanctuary. But i don't see the sense of it now, as it is open to the public, I would think now with social media, paisley park would be getting massive free advertising if all the people that visited posted about it. It's no secret what they have on display so what's the deal? once you open a space up to the public what is the point of the hardcore photo stance?


Maybe because they charge for photos at Paisley?
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 08/14/17 5:30pm

Zannaloaf

PennyPurple said:

I'm getting tired of the Revolution too.

malbena said:

PennyPurple said: Oh that explains why she got kicked out. The Revolution wanted her away from them. Ouch! Nothing worse than being out of one of the most important band in Prince's world.

but not tired enough to stop talking about them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 08/14/17 5:31pm

malbena

SoulAlive said:

malbena said:



Cool??? Appolonia is falling apart physically and mentally.


oh I get it....you're judging somebody because they had plastic surgery rolleyes


Keep putting words in my mouth so people can see.
I am not judging based on plastic surgery especially if for medical reasons. I am judging Appolonia for bashing other people, being sneaky, and more. I don't like her look period. Plastic surgery for one does not look good on some people especially when overdine AND trying to look sexy at 69years old is ugly. This is my opinion.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 14 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia, Jill Jones, Brenda and Susan banned from Paisley Park?