independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 24th Sep 2017 1:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > What is Wendy's problem! [BBC4 Rock n Roll Guns for hire]
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/08/17 1:12am

PURPLEIZED3121

What is Wendy's problem! [BBC4 Rock n Roll Guns for hire]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xdlts

FFS...what is it with her. She is a total contrast to Lisa. Lisa has the best stories & everything she says comes from a place of deep love & respect...meanwhile Wendy!! She came across as vindictive, a spurned lover, ungrateful & frankly desperate. This theme seems to be a constant with her. We all 100% know what their contribuion was [& it was immense], they added colours & textures with trademark flourishes to all the albums we know & love. He gave them a massive spotlight that inevitably helped their own careers BUT this is clearly not enough..he rightly moved on to his next phase but Wendy is still stuck with a HUUUUUUUUUGE chip on her shoulder.

Pathetic!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/08/17 5:16am

cbarnes3121

wendy wasnt even with prince that long she came in right before purple rain and was gone before sign o the times .i mean damn i can see somebody like morris hayes and dr. fink being pissed they served so many years. lisa has always had this cool vibe about her .wendy i like her as well but sometimes she says stuff that makes me sideeye her

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/08/17 5:33am

BillieBalloon

Clearly theres still issues Wendy has with Prince and i dont think they will ever be resolved. I think she doesnt like being referred to as a side man to Prince. She feels it belittles her in the pecking order. She says she never got validation from Prince when he put her and Lisa on a pedestal, even allowing it to be said in the film that they wrote Purple Rain when they did not. This is never going to end..she will go on and on trying to climb the ladder until shes standing beside him in music history. However, that isnt going to happen because everybody knows who the head chef was. What do you want from Prince Wendy?
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/08/17 8:27am

rogifan

avatar

Is this a new peogram?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/08/17 8:47am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xdlts

FFS...what is it with her. She is a total contrast to Lisa. Lisa has the best stories & everything she says comes from a place of deep love & respect...meanwhile Wendy!! She came across as vindictive, a spurned lover, ungrateful & frankly desperate. This theme seems to be a constant with her. We all 100% know what their contribuion was [& it was immense], they added colours & textures with trademark flourishes to all the albums we know & love. He gave them a massive spotlight that inevitably helped their own careers BUT this is clearly not enough..he rightly moved on to his next phase but Wendy is still stuck with a HUUUUUUUUUGE chip on her shoulder.

Pathetic!

what year is this?

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/08/17 8:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

cbarnes3121 said:

wendy wasnt even with prince that long she came in right before purple rain and was gone before sign o the times .i mean damn i can see somebody like morris hayes and dr. fink being pissed they served so many years. lisa has always had this cool vibe about her .wendy i like her as well but sometimes she says stuff that makes me sideeye her

yeah but she new Prince since 1980/81 and remained friends with him throughout his lifetime.
As well as performed with him between 2004-2007

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/08/17 10:58am

tmo1965

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xdlts

FFS...what is it with her. She is a total contrast to Lisa. Lisa has the best stories & everything she says comes from a place of deep love & respect...meanwhile Wendy!! She came across as vindictive, a spurned lover, ungrateful & frankly desperate. This theme seems to be a constant with her. We all 100% know what their contribuion was [& it was immense], they added colours & textures with trademark flourishes to all the albums we know & love. He gave them a massive spotlight that inevitably helped their own careers BUT this is clearly not enough..he rightly moved on to his next phase but Wendy is still stuck with a HUUUUUUUUUGE chip on her shoulder.

Pathetic!

The video is only playable in the UK.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/08/17 11:41am

moonsister

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xdlts



FFS...what is it with her. She is a total contrast to Lisa. Lisa has the best stories & everything she says comes from a place of deep love & respect...meanwhile Wendy!! She came across as vindictive, a spurned lover, ungrateful & frankly desperate. This theme seems to be a constant with her. We all 100% know what their contribuion was [& it was immense], they added colours & textures with trademark flourishes to all the albums we know & love. He gave them a massive spotlight that inevitably helped their own careers BUT this is clearly not enough..he rightly moved on to his next phase but Wendy is still stuck with a HUUUUUGE chip on her shoulder.


Pathetic!


Can you give us the gist? A few quotes?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/08/17 2:22pm

PURPLEIZED3121

tmo1965 said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xdlts

FFS...what is it with her. She is a total contrast to Lisa. Lisa has the best stories & everything she says comes from a place of deep love & respect...meanwhile Wendy!! She came across as vindictive, a spurned lover, ungrateful & frankly desperate. This theme seems to be a constant with her. We all 100% know what their contribuion was [& it was immense], they added colours & textures with trademark flourishes to all the albums we know & love. He gave them a massive spotlight that inevitably helped their own careers BUT this is clearly not enough..he rightly moved on to his next phase but Wendy is still stuck with a HUUUUUUUUUGE chip on her shoulder.

Pathetic!

The video is only playable in the UK.

damn it will try to get you a link.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/08/17 2:25pm

PURPLEIZED3121

moonsister said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xdlts

FFS...what is it with her. She is a total contrast to Lisa. Lisa has the best stories & everything she says comes from a place of deep love & respect...meanwhile Wendy!! She came across as vindictive, a spurned lover, ungrateful & frankly desperate. This theme seems to be a constant with her. We all 100% know what their contribuion was [& it was immense], they added colours & textures with trademark flourishes to all the albums we know & love. He gave them a massive spotlight that inevitably helped their own careers BUT this is clearly not enough..he rightly moved on to his next phase but Wendy is still stuck with a HUUUUUUUUUGE chip on her shoulder.

Pathetic!

Can you give us the gist? A few quotes?

will do later on, trying to hunt out the video. Needless to say that she had real venom...she admits he gave them a spotlight BUT never said how grateful he was for their contribution!! [or words to that effect] Of course there was the usual 'i made purple rain a better song' type comments..whihc may well be true BUTits the way she said it..jeeeeezus! Bloody awful woman & so ungrateful.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/08/17 2:28pm

PURPLEIZED3121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmADNwD_44

really hope this link works for you!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/08/17 3:54pm

kookooman73

This Wendy baiting is bullshit. I was there at the Celebration this year & saw her perform & I also saw two of her discussion panels. She has nothing but love & praise for P & it was heartfelt & genuine. When Lisa & her sang Sometimes It Snows In April it was totally moving & beautiful. Her voice cracked several times & there wasn't a dry eye in the Park at that point!! 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/08/17 4:36pm

PURPLEIZED3121

kookooman73 said:

This Wendy baiting is bullshit. I was there at the Celebration this year & saw her perform & I also saw two of her discussion panels. She has nothing but love & praise for P & it was heartfelt & genuine. When Lisa & her sang Sometimes It Snows In April it was totally moving & beautiful. Her voice cracked several times & there wasn't a dry eye in the Park at that point!! 💜

Not baiting at all..just stating facts...watch the TV show. No doubting her love BUT she has a dark side too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/08/17 6:57pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmADNwD_44

really hope this link works for you!

Ok this link as well does not work either

I think there is another 'I hate Wendy' thread live and open we can direct you to

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/08/17 7:12pm

Marrk

avatar

Well he seemingly hurt her and her twin and now she makes a living off that very same person. The immediate shock of a former friend is over. I don't think her heart is in it somehow.

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/08/17 8:27pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Marrk said:

Well he seemingly hurt her and her twin and now she makes a living off that very same person. The immediate shock of a former friend is over. I don't think her heart is in it somehow.

that is all in the past

“She plays acoustic guitar with me better than almost anyone. The opportunity came up and her name was the first to come to mind. I’m looking for things to juice me, too.” -Prince

Then the next day, I get this call: “Prince would like you to come and rehearse with him on acoustic guitar for `The Tavis Smiley Show’ he’s doing.” Curiosity got the best of me. I went down, and he was remarkably kind and open, and gave me a huge hug. He had me sit in with his band, and I hung with him for two hours.

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument and on stage

The next day, it was just him and me, and he was gorgeous. He was the guy I knew when I first met him. He was the guy who spent the night at my and Lisa’s house on our pullout bed. I held on to him and kept kissing him and hugging him and telling him I loved him. I don’t know what to think of it. He knows we all love him.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/09/17 6:00am

BillieBalloon

OldFriends4Sale said:



Marrk said:


Well he seemingly hurt her and her twin and now she makes a living off that very same person. The immediate shock of a former friend is over. I don't think her heart is in it somehow.




that is all in the past



“She plays acoustic guitar with me better than almost anyone. The opportunity came up and her name was the first to come to mind. I’m looking for things to juice me, too.” -Prince



Then the next day, I get this call: “Prince would like you to come and rehearse with him on acoustic guitar for `The Tavis Smiley Show’ he’s doing.” Curiosity got the best of me. I went down, and he was remarkably kind and open, and gave me a huge hug. He had me sit in with his band, and I hung with him for two hours.




Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument and on stage



The next day, it was just him and me, and he was gorgeous. He was the guy I knew when I first met him. He was the guy who spent the night at my and Lisa’s house on our pullout bed. I held on to him and kept kissing him and hugging him and telling him I loved him. I don’t know what to think of it. He knows we all love him.






I dont doubt Wendy loved him and he loved her but even the above quote tells us that she found it tough to handle Prince evolving as a person.

Wendy says she was disappointed she never bacame a huge star after she struck out on her own with Lisa. I think Lisa was never into being a big rockstar.

.
[Edited 7/9/17 6:06am]
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/09/17 6:31am

cbarnes3121

OldFriends4Sale said:

cbarnes3121 said:

wendy wasnt even with prince that long she came in right before purple rain and was gone before sign o the times .i mean damn i can see somebody like morris hayes and dr. fink being pissed they served so many years. lisa has always had this cool vibe about her .wendy i like her as well but sometimes she says stuff that makes me sideeye her

yeah but she new Prince since 1980/81 and remained friends with him throughout his lifetime.
As well as performed with him between 2004-2007

some of yall will bend over backwards making excuses for wendy and lisa when it comes to prince

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/09/17 10:46am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

https://www.facebook.com/...yne.102977

Here are two clips from Rock n Roll Guns for Hire.


I dont think Wendy sounds like sour grapes if you put her words in context.

FYI I am not a Wendy apologist and find some of the things she says in interviews annoying.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/09/17 8:26pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

cbarnes3121 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

yeah but she new Prince since 1980/81 and remained friends with him throughout his lifetime.
As well as performed with him between 2004-2007

some of yall will bend over backwards making excuses for wendy and lisa when it comes to prince

yeah you need to calm down

tumblr_lwagddZgNF1qaxurwo1_250.gif

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/09/17 8:27pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

BillieBalloon said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

that is all in the past

“She plays acoustic guitar with me better than almost anyone. The opportunity came up and her name was the first to come to mind. I’m looking for things to juice me, too.” -Prince

Then the next day, I get this call: “Prince would like you to come and rehearse with him on acoustic guitar for `The Tavis Smiley Show’ he’s doing.” Curiosity got the best of me. I went down, and he was remarkably kind and open, and gave me a huge hug. He had me sit in with his band, and I hung with him for two hours.

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument and on stage

The next day, it was just him and me, and he was gorgeous. He was the guy I knew when I first met him. He was the guy who spent the night at my and Lisa’s house on our pullout bed. I held on to him and kept kissing him and hugging him and telling him I loved him. I don’t know what to think of it. He knows we all love him.

I dont doubt Wendy loved him and he loved her but even the above quote tells us that she found it tough to handle Prince evolving as a person. Wendy says she was disappointed she never bacame a huge star after she struck out on her own with Lisa. I think Lisa was never into being a big rockstar. . [Edited 7/9/17 6:06am]

Can you share the link or where that came from? I never really heard them talk about wanting to be big stars. As far back as 1985 she talked about not wanting that level of stardom.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/09/17 8:29pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

BillieBalloon said:

OldFriends4Sale said: I dont doubt Wendy loved him and he loved her but even the above quote tells us that she found it tough to handle Prince evolving as a person. Wendy says she was disappointed she never bacame a huge star after she struck out on her own with Lisa. I think Lisa was never into being a big rockstar. . [Edited 7/9/17 6:06am]

Can you share the link or where that came from? I never really heard them talk about wanting to be big stars. As far back as 1985 she talked about not wanting that level of stardom.

I gave the link above to the part of the show that featured Wendy and Lisa. ^^^

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/10/17 5:34am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Can you share the link or where that came from? I never really heard them talk about wanting to be big stars. As far back as 1985 she talked about not wanting that level of stardom.

I gave the link above to the part of the show that featured Wendy and Lisa. ^^^

ok. thanx

Yeah she/they are just talking about the life story.

They and others are going to be interviewed.

They only talk about Prince for a small portion.
People should seperate it there, when listening.
They are really talking about the industry.

.

'when your a woman in the music industry you have to be fuckable'

.

and this is and has been true for a long time.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/10/17 12:47pm

jungleluv

The programme Rock n Roll Guns for hire was broadcast on 7th July 2017 on BBC 4 in the UK. Wendy is VERY INTENSE when she speaks, it's almost too much. She sounded a bit angry. Wendy relax! Lisa is more laid back and easy going.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/10/17 1:01pm

moonsister

jungleluv said:

The programme Rock n Roll Guns for hire was broadcast on 7th July 2017 on BBC 4 in the UK. Wendy is VERY INTENSE when she speaks, it's almost too much. She sounded a bit angry. Wendy relax! Lisa is more laid back and easy going.

But maybe it is important to her to get people to realize Prince was a human with super human talent, and not a fictional figure who didn't have faults.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/10/17 1:26pm

rogifan

avatar

moonsister said:



jungleluv said:


The programme Rock n Roll Guns for hire was broadcast on 7th July 2017 on BBC 4 in the UK. Wendy is VERY INTENSE when she speaks, it's almost too much. She sounded a bit angry. Wendy relax! Lisa is more laid back and easy going.



But maybe it is important to her to get people to realize Prince was a human with super human talent, and not a fictional figure who didn't have faults.


Who ever said that???
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/10/17 4:56pm

BillieBalloon

OldFriends4Sale said:



BillieBalloon said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



that is all in the past



“She plays acoustic guitar with me better than almost anyone. The opportunity came up and her name was the first to come to mind. I’m looking for things to juice me, too.” -Prince



Then the next day, I get this call: “Prince would like you to come and rehearse with him on acoustic guitar for `The Tavis Smiley Show’ he’s doing.” Curiosity got the best of me. I went down, and he was remarkably kind and open, and gave me a huge hug. He had me sit in with his band, and I hung with him for two hours.




Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument and on stage



The next day, it was just him and me, and he was gorgeous. He was the guy I knew when I first met him. He was the guy who spent the night at my and Lisa’s house on our pullout bed. I held on to him and kept kissing him and hugging him and telling him I loved him. I don’t know what to think of it. He knows we all love him.





I dont doubt Wendy loved him and he loved her but even the above quote tells us that she found it tough to handle Prince evolving as a person. Wendy says she was disappointed she never bacame a huge star after she struck out on her own with Lisa. I think Lisa was never into being a big rockstar. . [Edited 7/9/17 6:06am]


Can you share the link or where that came from? I never really heard them talk about wanting to be big stars. As far back as 1985 she talked about not wanting that level of stardom.





Well she seems to have changed her mind then. She says (paraphrasing) when asked about not becoming big stars after they split from Prince that she was disappointed. She says, she wanted to be as big/important as the people she liked and respected.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/10/17 5:19pm

122884

rogifan said:

moonsister said:

But maybe it is important to her to get people to realize Prince was a human with super human talent, and not a fictional figure who didn't have faults.

Who ever said that???

Seriously? confused You honestly think moonsister's comment is off base? Read thru the threads around here. Quite a surprising number of people seem to be under the impression Prince had no faults, never did/said anything less than perfect, or had none of the usual 'weaknesses' that every human on earth grapples with during their life, and they'll get defensive and angry if anything is said that suggests otherwise. Some even actually think he was a kind of god or something, no joke. (I'm refering to those people who claim he had telepathic powers, could levitate, disappear at will, etc. nuts)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/10/17 6:37pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

BillieBalloon said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Can you share the link or where that came from? I never really heard them talk about wanting to be big stars. As far back as 1985 she talked about not wanting that level of stardom.

Well she seems to have changed her mind then. She says (paraphrasing) when asked about not becoming big stars after they split from Prince that she was disappointed. She says, she wanted to be as big/important as the people she liked and respected.

It didn't seem like she meant it that way. When I watched that she was more or less showing a side to the music industry and just the rollercoaster they went through and the 'role' they were assumed to play

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/10/17 9:29pm

CharismaDove

Wendy's a talented musician and a core part of Purple Rain - SOTT era but I can see why Prince dipped when he did. I don't think a lot of people could consistently handle her personality ill leave it at that

I guess you know me well, I dont like winter, but I seem to get a kick outta doing you cold
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > What is Wendy's problem! [BBC4 Rock n Roll Guns for hire]