independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 21st Aug 2017 5:10am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Jill Jones Instagram post about Wonderful Ass being about Vanity.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 08/11/17 6:51pm

Vashtix

Toban said:

purplegirl00 said:

Thank you for sharing this with us- TOB.

After looking at the Gestalt Prayer- you be who you are and I can be what I am-without expectations sounds simple in written word, but difficult played out in real life. Whomever hand wrote it, whether she did as a reminder to herself or if someone else did, it's deep and great model go by in relationships. One can be independent of one another, but yet still come together, find each other.

.

I'm glad you mentioned the mirroring effect in their lives having been more than just physical. They seemed to be moving in a parallel direction when it came to the spiritual changes that took place for them. You say coincidental and it was, but it was in sync. The most fascinating thing to me about this is that they could go from having been lovers in a romantic, tumultuous relationship to people with vastly different lifestyles sharing a deep friendship revolving around their spiritual faiths- which was also different from one another. In order to sustain that kind of friendship, they had to have had an understanding of being unconditional. I imagine there would've been disagreements and anyone could walk away at anytime.

.

I always joke about Prince and his harem(s) over here. lol I can't help it, that was Prince. It would be naive of me to think otherwise. Anyway, going back to Gestalt Prayer, perhaps she understood and accepted that this is what he did and how live. Perhaps she living out that prayer by not having expectations of him to change for them to share a deep, spiritual friendship.

[Edited 8/10/17 18:14pm]

Yes, to the above.

...more than coincidental... actually.

.

His pasting so soon after her shook us, DeBorah and I, because of what she had been saying to DeBorah for many years, that they would be in heaven together.

She does actually mention this in a poem and she graphical depicts them as angels in heaven in her book, with the phrase "find the Angels face."

.

Yes, she said a few things that didn't occur. Yes, we both thought it was nuts and hoped she was not repeating it to anyone else. We did not think she'd put it in her book. Of course it is cryptic, meant only for one person, as mentioned at the end of the poem with "You know."

.

Did some of his lyrics impart a similar sentiment?

.

They definitely understood each other, they obviously accepted each other as they were and it is evidently that they enjoyed each others companionship. That shared a special connection that they reserved for themselves and kept to themselves.

Even into their 50s?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 08/11/17 7:58pm

Toban

Vashtix said:

Toban said:

Denise was strong willed no matter what. Yes I believe she refuse to be called "Vagina,"

Vanity worked. Thank Goodness.

Yes, I believe, even after that first night when she moved in, that she had some say the creation of Vanity. He just had the final say and she trusted him.

.

This was the begin, before they knew each other, before he truly knew her. She always mused him, but that was just her.

.

Denise didn't know she had sisters and a father until she was lead to believe that she was abandoned by her mother. She did know the love of a father, she didn't have a brother.

One argument with me scared her beyond reason. Her fear that I would break all contact with her because we disagreed made no sense, unless you knew and understood what she never had.

I had to make her understand that without being the father of her nephews or her sister's husband we would always remain as close as we were. Unconditionally

.

Was their relationship based on a similar understanding... unconditionally?

.

Their journey, from where they began to discussing religion? She had JW books in her storage, knowing I was raised in that religon from time to time she'd had ask me questions and she obviously had done her research.

This is who she was and what she had become and he was still right there being mused by her.

That is so sweet and sad. The fear of losing someone you care for over differing views or life status.

It is a good thing you were able to remain close with her if she had such insecuriities.

.

The Gestalt Prayer you felt was not in her handwriting-maybe a close friend wrote that down for her to keep knowing what you described about her.

.

You know the Evangelist Denise has my fascination in a way Vanity does not. This is why I like her preaching vids and podcasts. Did she travel alot with her preaching even going overseas to preach?

.

I have listened to one of her preaching vids or podcast and she was disussing Christmas. It was very JW-ish and as most mainstream Christians believe. She did study things. I found that so interesting but when discussing Denise peeps usually bore of her Evangelist side and that is the one that blows me away. How did she do that? How did the Rockstar muse the Evangelist?

This is just so perplexing. It is hard to blend in my head.

I know Denise traveled all over the country preaching, but I never noticed if she preached outside of the country. For tax reasons she kept everything single receipt and was accustom to writing checks to have a hardcopy document. If I find any events outside of the country I'll let you know.

.

I gave up on trying to dissociate Prince from Denise’s history. Remember, my agenda was wanting people to know the person I knew by promoting her as an artist, a poet and a woman of great faith and devotion (without debating any particular religious belief).

There is just so much more that she could and should be remembered for being, doing, accomplishing and or even attempting.

She sacrificed everything for her faith. I watched her suffer and endured excruciating pain, all while praising the name of Jesus in every breath. Thanking God for the ice-chips.

I witnessed this in wonderment.

I think she’d enjoy the irony of my writing all this in thread debating if it were her wonderful azz.

.

.

I thought it might be a bit selfish of me wanting to change other people’s memories of Vanity, so I decided to share what I knew about Denise. Discovering without fell that Prince someway somehow always made his way into her narrative. Of course, from what I already knew before coming here (the Org) this was to be expected, but what I found here was quite the opposite. And my OCD can’t resist the intrigue of a good mystery. I needed to understand this paradox of what happen to Vanity.

.

I probably shouldn’t ask, but I wonder, how short would the Thread be, if you took all the books written about Prince and posted all the statements made directly about Vanity, not the group Vanity 6?

What then happens if the postings were limited to only positive statements?

.

.

Denise had a unique perspective that saw beauty in the most unusual things. Her zeal and zest for life was infectious.

She did everything with a passion, with a dramatic excitement that forces you to want to be involved with whatever she was doing, myself included. She was like an HSN pitch person, taste this it so delicious, try this, read this, listen to this, feel this… isn’t it the best!!! She did it for Tanya’s Island, selling it before it was made. She did it for Prince, she did it for herself and she did it for Jesus more than anyone else.

This is what always mused him, this is why she was and always will be Adored…

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 08/11/17 11:36pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Toban said:

Vashtix said:

That is so sweet and sad. The fear of losing someone you care for over differing views or life status.

It is a good thing you were able to remain close with her if she had such insecuriities.

.

The Gestalt Prayer you felt was not in her handwriting-maybe a close friend wrote that down for her to keep knowing what you described about her.

.

You know the Evangelist Denise has my fascination in a way Vanity does not. This is why I like her preaching vids and podcasts. Did she travel alot with her preaching even going overseas to preach?

.

I have listened to one of her preaching vids or podcast and she was disussing Christmas. It was very JW-ish and as most mainstream Christians believe. She did study things. I found that so interesting but when discussing Denise peeps usually bore of her Evangelist side and that is the one that blows me away. How did she do that? How did the Rockstar muse the Evangelist?

This is just so perplexing. It is hard to blend in my head.

I know Denise traveled all over the country preaching, but I never noticed if she preached outside of the country. For tax reasons she kept everything single receipt and was accustom to writing checks to have a hardcopy document. If I find any events outside of the country I'll let you know.

.

I gave up on trying to dissociate Prince from Denise’s history. Remember, my agenda was wanting people to know the person I knew by promoting her as an artist, a poet and a woman of great faith and devotion (without debating any particular religious belief).

There is just so much more that she could and should be remembered for being, doing, accomplishing and or even attempting.

She sacrificed everything for her faith. I watched her suffer and endured excruciating pain, all while praising the name of Jesus in every breath. Thanking God for the ice-chips.

I witnessed this in wonderment.

I think she’d enjoy the irony of my writing all this in thread debating if it were her wonderful azz.

.

.

I thought it might be a bit selfish of me wanting to change other people’s memories of Vanity, so I decided to share what I knew about Denise. Discovering without fell that Prince someway somehow always made his way into her narrative. Of course, from what I already knew before coming here (the Org) this was to be expected, but what I found here was quite the opposite. And my OCD can’t resist the intrigue of a good mystery. I needed to understand this paradox of what happen to Vanity.

.

I probably shouldn’t ask, but I wonder, how short would the Thread be, if you took all the books written about Prince and posted all the statements made directly about Vanity, not the group Vanity 6?

What then happens if the postings were limited to only positive statements?

.

.

Denise had a unique perspective that saw beauty in the most unusual things. Her zeal and zest for life was infectious.

She did everything with a passion, with a dramatic excitement that forces you to want to be involved with whatever she was doing, myself included. She was like an HSN pitch person, taste this it so delicious, try this, read this, listen to this, feel this… isn’t it the best!!! She did it for Tanya’s Island, selling it before it was made. She did it for Prince, she did it for herself and she did it for Jesus more than anyone else.

This is what always mused him, this is why she was and always will be Adored…

Thanks touched

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 08/12/17 8:27am

AnnaStesia10

avatar

^^^
Awesome Toban thank u so much for your words on Denise aka Vanity. She was so beautiful inside and out. She was/is an angel. 💟🎶💕
"A strong spirit transcends rules." - Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 08/13/17 5:09pm

Misslink88

Toban said:

Denise was strong willed no matter what. Yes I believe she refuse to be called "Vagina,"

Vanity worked. Thank Goodness.

Yes, I believe, even after that first night when she moved in, that she had some say the creation of Vanity. He just had the final say and she trusted him.

.

This was the begin, before they knew each other, before he truly knew her. She always mused him, but that was just her.

.

Denise didn't know she had sisters and a father until she was lead to believe that she was abandoned by her mother. She did know the love of a father, she didn't have a brother.

One argument with me scared her beyond reason. Her fear that I would break all contact with her because we disagreed made no sense, unless you knew and understood what she never had.

I had to make her understand that without being the father of her nephews or her sister's husband we would always remain as close as we were. Unconditionally

.

Was their relationship based on a similar understanding... unconditionally?

.

Their journey, from where they began to discussing religion? She had JW books in her storage, knowing I was raised in that religon from time to time she'd had ask me questions and she obviously had done her research.

This is who she was and what she had become and he was still right there being mused by her.

Hi Toban - I'm a little confused about the bolded statement. Could you clarify that? I was under the impression that she was very close to her sisters all along.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 08/17/17 3:51pm

purplegirl00

Toban said:

purplegirl00 said:

Thank you for sharing this with us- TOB.

After looking at the Gestalt Prayer- you be who you are and I can be what I am-without expectations sounds simple in written word, but difficult played out in real life. Whomever hand wrote it, whether she did as a reminder to herself or if someone else did, it's deep and great model go by in relationships. One can be independent of one another, but yet still come together, find each other.

.

I'm glad you mentioned the mirroring effect in their lives having been more than just physical. They seemed to be moving in a parallel direction when it came to the spiritual changes that took place for them. You say coincidental and it was, but it was in sync. The most fascinating thing to me about this is that they could go from having been lovers in a romantic, tumultuous relationship to people with vastly different lifestyles sharing a deep friendship revolving around their spiritual faiths- which was also different from one another. In order to sustain that kind of friendship, they had to have had an understanding of being unconditional. I imagine there would've been disagreements and anyone could walk away at anytime.

.

I always joke about Prince and his harem(s) over here. lol I can't help it, that was Prince. It would be naive of me to think otherwise. Anyway, going back to Gestalt Prayer, perhaps she understood and accepted that this is what he did and how live. Perhaps she living out that prayer by not having expectations of him to change for them to share a deep, spiritual friendship.

[Edited 8/10/17 18:14pm]

Yes, to the above.

...more than coincidental... actually.

.

His pasting so soon after her shook us, DeBorah and I, because of what she had been saying to DeBorah for many years, that they would be in heaven together.

She does actually mention this in a poem and she graphical depicts them as angels in heaven in her book, with the phrase "find the Angels face."

.

Yes, she said a few things that didn't occur. Yes, we both thought it was nuts and hoped she was not repeating it to anyone else. We did not think she'd put it in her book. Of course it is cryptic, meant only for one person, as mentioned at the end of the poem with "You know."

.

Did some of his lyrics impart a similar sentiment?

.

They definitely understood each other, they obviously accepted each other as they were and it is evidently that they enjoyed each others companionship. They shared a special connection that they reserved for themselves and kept to themselves.

[Edited 8/11/17 18:58pm]

Thanks so much for answering my questions TOB! I really appreciate it. I took some time to ponder your responses. Plus, life also gets so busy sometimes. Anyway, in thinking about your responses, I wondered about a few more things, if I may..

When you say that "they enjoyed each others companionship", are we to assume this means they spent time hanging out in recent years?

I know you mentioned either earlier in this thread or in another that in the late 80's Deborah would attend Prince concerts with Denise. Did Deborah and Denise attend his concerts in recent years? I know Denise was strong in her faith and based on her preaching, seemed to have strong views on certain topics. However, with Prince having cleaned up his music of foul language and vulgarity in the last 16 years or so, and them having an understanding of each other, I wondered if Denise would've gone to see him perform?

One last thing, and I apologize if I sound like a machine gun with questions lol , this story is intriguing. It was said a few times in other threads that you had letters/ communication between Prince and Denise up to 2012. I think I missed when you said that but again, if I may, why did they stop communicating after that?

I understand if these questions are too direct and may not be appropriate for response here. Feel free to orgnote me if that is better for you. Thank you.

[Edited 8/17/17 15:58pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 08/17/17 7:27pm

Toban

Misslink88 said:

Toban said:

Denise was strong willed no matter what. Yes I believe she refuse to be called "Vagina,"

Vanity worked. Thank Goodness.

Yes, I believe, even after that first night when she moved in, that she had some say the creation of Vanity. He just had the final say and she trusted him.

.

This was the begin, before they knew each other, before he truly knew her. She always mused him, but that was just her.

.

Denise didn't know she had sisters and a father until she was lead to believe that she was abandoned by her mother. She did know the love of a father, she didn't have a brother.

One argument with me scared her beyond reason. Her fear that I would break all contact with her because we disagreed made no sense, unless you knew and understood what she never had.

I had to make her understand that without being the father of her nephews or her sister's husband we would always remain as close as we were. Unconditionally

.

Was their relationship based on a similar understanding... unconditionally?

.

Their journey, from where they began to discussing religion? She had JW books in her storage, knowing I was raised in that religon from time to time she'd had ask me questions and she obviously had done her research.

This is who she was and what she had become and he was still right there being mused by her.

Hi Toban - I'm a little confused about the bolded statement. Could you clarify that? I was under the impression that she was very close to her sisters all along.

I have one of Denise highschool/primary school yearbooks when she was an underclassman.

Patty and DeBorah are not in it.

Their are picture of all 3 of them when DeBorah was an infant, so they must have been separated soon after for Denise not to remember when she was sent/made to live with her father.

The dynamics of it all was quite traumatizing. It is difficult for me to read, listen or discuss at length.

Eventually I will talk to my sons about their grandparents, but I will never publicly go into great detail about the subject.

Also, briefly not living under the same roof as toddlers and then as teenagers did not change their close relationship.

[Edited 8/17/17 19:30pm]

[Edited 8/17/17 19:31pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 08/17/17 7:47pm

Misslink88

Toban said:

Misslink88 said:

Hi Toban - I'm a little confused about the bolded statement. Could you clarify that? I was under the impression that she was very close to her sisters all along.

I have one of Denise highschool/primary school yearbooks when she was an underclassman.

Patty and DeBorah are not in it.

Their are picture of all 3 of them when DeBorah was an infant, so they must have been separated soon after for Denise not to remember when she was sent/made to live with her father.

The dynamics of it all was quite traumatizing. It is difficult for me to read, listen or discuss at length.

Eventually I will talk to my sons about their grandparents, but I will never publicly go into great detail about the subject.

Also, briefly not living under the same roof as toddlers and then as teenagers did not change their close relationship.

[Edited 8/17/17 19:30pm]

[Edited 8/17/17 19:31pm]

Thanks for sharing that. I glad you're respecting the family's privacy and wish to keep details to yourself. I'm also very happy for her that her relationship with her sisters was close. I've seen that interview with her when she invited her sister to come sit with her and it was lovely to see their mutual love. I'm really sorry for you and your family's loss.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 08/17/17 8:51pm

Toban

purplegirl00 said:

Toban said:

Yes, to the above.

...more than coincidental... actually.

.

His pasting so soon after her shook us, DeBorah and I, because of what she had been saying to DeBorah for many years, that they would be in heaven together.

She does actually mention this in a poem and she graphical depicts them as angels in heaven in her book, with the phrase "find the Angels face."

.

Yes, she said a few things that didn't occur. Yes, we both thought it was nuts and hoped she was not repeating it to anyone else. We did not think she'd put it in her book. Of course it is cryptic, meant only for one person, as mentioned at the end of the poem with "You know."

.

Did some of his lyrics impart a similar sentiment?

.

They definitely understood each other, they obviously accepted each other as they were and it is evidently that they enjoyed each others companionship. They shared a special connection that they reserved for themselves and kept to themselves.

[Edited 8/11/17 18:58pm]

Thanks so much for answering my questions TOB! I really appreciate it. I took some time to ponder your responses. Plus, life also gets so busy sometimes. Anyway, in thinking about your responses, I wondered about a few more things, if I may..

When you say that "they enjoyed each others companionship", are we to assume this means they spent time hanging out in recent years?

I know you mentioned either earlier in this thread or in another that in the late 80's Deborah would attend Prince concerts with Denise. Did Deborah and Denise attend his concerts in recent years? I know Denise was strong in her faith and based on her preaching, seemed to have strong views on certain topics. However, with Prince having cleaned up his music of foul language and vulgarity in the last 16 years or so, and them having an understanding of each other, I wondered if Denise would've gone to see him perform?

One last thing, and I apologize if I sound like a machine gun with questions lol , this story is intriguing. It was said a few times in other threads that you had letters/ communication between Prince and Denise up to 2012. I think I missed when you said that but again, if I may, why did they stop communicating after that?

I understand if these questions are too direct and may not be appropriate for response here. Feel free to orgnote me if that is better for you. Thank you.

[Edited 8/17/17 15:58pm]

DeBorah continued to go to his concerts after the LoveSexy. Tony Lemans being his protege DeBorah's initial reason.

They were both very private about their communications with Prince. Back then I'd only hear about their conversations about him, never about their conversation with him. Plus, I wasn't interested enough to know the difference.

Unless her people were stopping by or we were visiting I was much to busy as a new father to keep up with any of it.

I remember Bonny Boyer calling and singing to our first son when he was born in Oct 93.

The Gordys are really cool people. Charlie Wilson sent his tour bus to the house to take us to a GAP Band concert near by.

I inherited a number of good people when I married DeBorah.

Between being his friend, his girlfriends sister and the girlfriend of his protege. The only conversation with him that DeBorah ever spoke of is when he ask about me. I assumed it was due to concern, regarding Tony pasting the year before.

.

So, I said all that to give you a bit of my perspective with regard to what I am hearing. Which was usually DeBorah's half of a telephone conversation mostly frustrated with Denise's relationship with Prince. Unaware of what it was or what it had evolved into. At one time thinking "isn't he married?" But DeBorah, having talk and listened to this, held her, cried with her for all these many years, to the outside observer watching or listen you'd swear Prince and Denise were still together in the early 90s.

It wasn't until recently that I put it all together as to why Denise was so upset, as if she had just lost Prince. She was being told that he was evil and that she had been an idol that had stole glory from God.

_____________

to be continued

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 08/18/17 5:57am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Toban said:

purplegirl00 said:

Thanks so much for answering my questions TOB! I really appreciate it. I took some time to ponder your responses. Plus, life also gets so busy sometimes. Anyway, in thinking about your responses, I wondered about a few more things, if I may..

When you say that "they enjoyed each others companionship", are we to assume this means they spent time hanging out in recent years?

I know you mentioned either earlier in this thread or in another that in the late 80's Deborah would attend Prince concerts with Denise. Did Deborah and Denise attend his concerts in recent years? I know Denise was strong in her faith and based on her preaching, seemed to have strong views on certain topics. However, with Prince having cleaned up his music of foul language and vulgarity in the last 16 years or so, and them having an understanding of each other, I wondered if Denise would've gone to see him perform?

One last thing, and I apologize if I sound like a machine gun with questions lol , this story is intriguing. It was said a few times in other threads that you had letters/ communication between Prince and Denise up to 2012. I think I missed when you said that but again, if I may, why did they stop communicating after that?

I understand if these questions are too direct and may not be appropriate for response here. Feel free to orgnote me if that is better for you. Thank you.

[Edited 8/17/17 15:58pm]

DeBorah continued to go to his concerts after the LoveSexy. Tony Lemans being his protege DeBorah's initial reason.

They were both very private about their communications with Prince. Back then I'd only hear about their conversations about him, never about their conversation with him. Plus, I wasn't interested enough to know the difference.

Unless her people were stopping by or we were visiting I was much to busy as a new father to keep up with any of it.

I remember Bonny Boyer calling and singing to our first son when he was born in Oct 93.

The Gordys are really cool people. Charlie Wilson sent his tour bus to the house to take us to a GAP Band concert near by.

I inherited a number of good people when I married DeBorah.

Between being his friend, his girlfriends sister and the girlfriend of his protege. The only conversation with him that DeBorah ever spoke of is when he ask about me. I assumed it was due to concern, regarding Tony pasting the year before.

.

So, I said all that to give you a bit of my perspective with regard to what I am hearing. Which was usually DeBorah's half of a telephone conversation mostly frustrated with Denise's relationship with Prince. Unaware of what it was or what it had evolved into. At one time thinking "isn't he married?" But DeBorah, having talk and listened to this, held her, cried with her for all these many years, to the outside observer watching or listen you'd swear Prince and Denise were still together in the early 90s.

It wasn't until recently that I put it all together as to why Denise was so upset, as if she had just lost Prince. She was being told that he was evil and that she had been an idol that had stole glory from God.

_____________

to be continued

I'm glad in some ways that they still communicated, but with all Vanity was going through, and Prince's penchant for twisty words and head games, it would not have been healthy for Vanity at all.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 08/18/17 10:44pm

purplegirl00

Toban said:

purplegirl00 said:

Thanks so much for answering my questions TOB! I really appreciate it. I took some time to ponder your responses. Plus, life also gets so busy sometimes. Anyway, in thinking about your responses, I wondered about a few more things, if I may..

When you say that "they enjoyed each others companionship", are we to assume this means they spent time hanging out in recent years?

I know you mentioned either earlier in this thread or in another that in the late 80's Deborah would attend Prince concerts with Denise. Did Deborah and Denise attend his concerts in recent years? I know Denise was strong in her faith and based on her preaching, seemed to have strong views on certain topics. However, with Prince having cleaned up his music of foul language and vulgarity in the last 16 years or so, and them having an understanding of each other, I wondered if Denise would've gone to see him perform?

One last thing, and I apologize if I sound like a machine gun with questions lol , this story is intriguing. It was said a few times in other threads that you had letters/ communication between Prince and Denise up to 2012. I think I missed when you said that but again, if I may, why did they stop communicating after that?

I understand if these questions are too direct and may not be appropriate for response here. Feel free to orgnote me if that is better for you. Thank you.

[Edited 8/17/17 15:58pm]

DeBorah continued to go to his concerts after the LoveSexy. Tony Lemans being his protege DeBorah's initial reason.

They were both very private about their communications with Prince. Back then I'd only hear about their conversations about him, never about their conversation with him. Plus, I wasn't interested enough to know the difference.

Unless her people were stopping by or we were visiting I was much to busy as a new father to keep up with any of it.

I remember Bonny Boyer calling and singing to our first son when he was born in Oct 93.

The Gordys are really cool people. Charlie Wilson sent his tour bus to the house to take us to a GAP Band concert near by.

I inherited a number of good people when I married DeBorah.

Between being his friend, his girlfriends sister and the girlfriend of his protege. The only conversation with him that DeBorah ever spoke of is when he ask about me. I assumed it was due to concern, regarding Tony pasting the year before.

.

So, I said all that to give you a bit of my perspective with regard to what I am hearing. Which was usually DeBorah's half of a telephone conversation mostly frustrated with Denise's relationship with Prince. Unaware of what it was or what it had evolved into. At one time thinking "isn't he married?" But DeBorah, having talk and listened to this, held her, cried with her for all these many years, to the outside observer watching or listen you'd swear Prince and Denise were still together in the early 90s.

It wasn't until recently that I put it all together as to why Denise was so upset, as if she had just lost Prince. She was being told that he was evil and that she had been an idol that had stole glory from God.

_____________

to be continued

Again, thank you for sharing your perspective. I think I get what you're saying.

Anyone that close to Prince, especially the connections Deborah had to him, would've understood his preservation of privacy. As a megastar this not usually the reality. However, Prince made it work. Still to this day, most that had some association to him are quiet and tightlipped. Some due to possible NDA contracts still in effect, then some just out of loyality and respect for whatever connections to Prince they had. It's understandable.

.

Wow how SUPER special to have had Bonny Boyer sing to your newborn son! I really enjoyed her work with Prince. It's wonderful that you'll be able to share that experience with your grandchildren some day. She, too, was lifted to heaven too soon.

.

Prince seemed to have been going through a difficult transition period- creatively, artistically, spiritually, and perhaps in his personal life too in the 90's. Denise appeared to be going through similar changes as well. Seemingly at the same time. Then to have been told Prince was evil and that she had stolen glory from God? Whoa.. I understand she had given her life to Christ and that things would change for her but to have contempt and condemnation drilled into her in that fashion? I imagine this would've caused a tug of war between her feelings for Prince and what she was being taught/ instructed to believe in her new walk with Christ. It's sounds painful, heavy- laden, and conflicted. No wonder she was so upset and felt like she lost Prince or had to give him up.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Jill Jones Instagram post about Wonderful Ass being about Vanity.