independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 17th Dec 2017 7:21pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Video: Robin Power Royal talks about how she met Prince
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/19/17 4:23am

Latin

Video: Robin Power Royal talks about how she met Prince

Check out this new interview with Robin Power Royal talking about how she met Prince. It was produced by The 504 TV Show.

Here it is:

https://m.youtube.com/wat...NUPk8Atx68
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/19/17 10:38am

nelcp777

Latin said:

Check out this new interview with Robin Power Royal talking about how she met Prince. It was produced by The 504 TV Show. Here it is: https://m.youtube.com/wat...NUPk8Atx68

Thanks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/20/17 8:54am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Robin's threads on the org were epic. biggrin

Find strength in that which remains...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/20/17 9:28am

Superfan1984

I love her. She pops in and she's all in- - then she disappears. Where is she?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/21/17 12:22am

morningsong

avatar

Oh this is recent. Great interview. She looks so poised. Love her.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/21/17 3:11pm

zenarose

She is really cool! 😎
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/21/17 3:47pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

I love her. She pops in and she's all in- - then she disappears. Where is she?

Living her life.

Find strength in that which remains...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/21/17 3:55pm

PennyPurple

avatar

She's not afraid to hold anything back! biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/22/17 5:23am

laurarichardso
n

zenarose said:

She is really cool! 😎

She is cool I sene her an org note a few year ago. She does not speak in crytic nosense. She makes it plain and if more assoicates did this you would not have so much nonsense going on.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/24/17 4:32pm

cloveringold85

avatar

She's a bit over the top. They had to close her last thread. eek

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/28/17 12:20am

Vashtix

Out of ALL the women, ALL Robin seems the most real. She is not claiming songs were about her, she is not trying to be a widow and she is not saying anything negative, not insinuating or hinting, not trying to say he loved her best. I respect real.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/31/17 2:42pm

SoulAlive

PennyPurple said:

She's not afraid to hold anything back! biggrin

indeed lol she has revealed alot of VERY personal details right here on this site,lol.I like her....she seems like a fun lady.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/31/17 2:42pm

SoulAlive

cloveringold85 said:

She's a bit over the top. They had to close her last thread. eek

I must have missed that thread.....what was she saying?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/31/17 3:14pm

Superfan1984

When she was on here last time I bought some of her videos and clips from Graffiti Bridge that Prince had given her- super cool- they arrived and she'd written a little note and decorated the envelope she mailed them in- I wish her the best- smile smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/31/17 3:19pm

morningsong

avatar

PennyPurple said:

She's not afraid to hold anything back! biggrin




Not in the least and she was like that when he was still alive.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/31/17 4:25pm

cloveringold85

avatar

SoulAlive said:

cloveringold85 said:

She's a bit over the top. They had to close her last thread. eek

I must have missed that thread.....what was she saying?

.

She was discussing some intimate details about Prince, and the Mods had to shut it down.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/31/17 4:45pm

SoulAlive

cloveringold85 said:



SoulAlive said:




cloveringold85 said:


She's a bit over the top. They had to close her last thread. eek





I must have missed that thread.....what was she saying?



.


She was discussing some intimate details about Prince, and the Mods had to shut it down.





lol

Yeah,she never holds anything back,lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/31/17 4:56pm

cloveringold85

avatar

SoulAlive said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

She was discussing some intimate details about Prince, and the Mods had to shut it down.

lol Yeah,she never holds anything back,lol

.

Well....she was revealing a bit too much, I think. eek

.

It actually made me a bit uncomfortable with some of things she was saying. And, I felt uncomfortable for Prince. Best to write about it in a book or something, ya know? confused

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/01/17 6:39am

Superfan1984

cloveringold85 said:

SoulAlive said:

cloveringold85 said: lol Yeah,she never holds anything back,lol

.

Well....she was revealing a bit too much, I think. eek

.

It actually made me a bit uncomfortable with some of things she was saying. And, I felt uncomfortable for Prince. Best to write about it in a book or something, ya know? confused

Honestly, I wish she would write a book. As someone else said, she comes across as totally real no falsehoods, no trying to be on top, just the truth. She's had a hard life but has come out on top and happy and a good person. Hers is a story I would love to read. Robin, if you're lurking- write a book! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/01/17 7:39am

laurarichardso
n

Superfan1984 said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Well....she was revealing a bit too much, I think. eek

.

It actually made me a bit uncomfortable with some of things she was saying. And, I felt uncomfortable for Prince. Best to write about it in a book or something, ya know? confused

Honestly, I wish she would write a book. As someone else said, she comes across as totally real no falsehoods, no trying to be on top, just the truth. She's had a hard life but has come out on top and happy and a good person. Hers is a story I would love to read. Robin, if you're lurking- write a book! smile

It would be interesting book but I am not sure people would like it after all it is going to be about the fun and sexy Prince not the depressed and lonely Prince people on this board seem to crave. It seems like he had a lot of fun with Robyn two adults being adults and knowing that was all it was going to be and moving on with their lives.

It is to bad some of the ex's can't figure this out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/01/17 10:22am

Superfan1984

laurarichardson said:

Superfan1984 said:

Honestly, I wish she would write a book. As someone else said, she comes across as totally real no falsehoods, no trying to be on top, just the truth. She's had a hard life but has come out on top and happy and a good person. Hers is a story I would love to read. Robin, if you're lurking- write a book! smile

It would be interesting book but I am not sure people would like it after all it is going to be about the fun and sexy Prince not the depressed and lonely Prince people on this board seem to crave. It seems like he had a lot of fun with Robyn two adults being adults and knowing that was all it was going to be and moving on with their lives.

It is to bad some of the ex's can't figure this out.

I would love to read about Prince having the time of his life- running around in tube socks, sliding down the railing on the stairs- all the things Robin talked about- hot steamy fun sex- notes left for her on the stairs- I would love to read about Prince happy like this! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/01/17 10:28am

laurarichardso
n

Superfan1984 said:

laurarichardson said:

It would be interesting book but I am not sure people would like it after all it is going to be about the fun and sexy Prince not the depressed and lonely Prince people on this board seem to crave. It seems like he had a lot of fun with Robyn two adults being adults and knowing that was all it was going to be and moving on with their lives.

It is to bad some of the ex's can't figure this out.

I would love to read about Prince having the time of his life- running around in tube socks, sliding down the railing on the stairs- all the things Robin talked about- hot steamy fun sex- notes left for her on the stairs- I would love to read about Prince happy like this! smile

I think it would be cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/01/17 10:55am

anangellooksdo
wn

laurarichardson said:



Superfan1984 said:




laurarichardson said:



It would be interesting book but I am not sure people would like it after all it is going to be about the fun and sexy Prince not the depressed and lonely Prince people on this board seem to crave. It seems like he had a lot of fun with Robyn two adults being adults and knowing that was all it was going to be and moving on with their lives.



It is to bad some of the ex's can't figure this out.



I would love to read about Prince having the time of his life- running around in tube socks, sliding down the railing on the stairs- all the things Robin talked about- hot steamy fun sex- notes left for her on the stairs- I would love to read about Prince happy like this! smile



I think it would be cool



I would buy that in a second.
Raiding the fridge after sex, her experience working with P during GB, him sitting outside her apartment all night while she slept, why it was so peaceful sleeping next to P, and just how exactly it is that he utilized every piece of furniture in the room while making love. What he talked about with her at night before bed as she said, including his dreams of being a father.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/01/17 12:31pm

laurarichardso
n

anangellooksdown said:

laurarichardson said:

I think it would be cool

I would buy that in a second. Raiding the fridge after sex, her experience working with P during GB, him sitting outside her apartment all night while she slept, why it was so peaceful sleeping next to P, and just how exactly it is that he utilized every piece of furniture in the room while making love. What he talked about with her at night before bed as she said, including his dreams of being a father.

Devin said he used every piece of furniture as well in a 9 1/2 weeks style.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/01/17 12:55pm

anangellooksdo
wn

laurarichardson said:



anangellooksdown said:


laurarichardson said:


I think it would be cool



I would buy that in a second. Raiding the fridge after sex, her experience working with P during GB, him sitting outside her apartment all night while she slept, why it was so peaceful sleeping next to P, and just how exactly it is that he utilized every piece of furniture in the room while making love. What he talked about with her at night before bed as she said, including his dreams of being a father.

Devin said he used every piece of furniture as well in a 9 1/2 weeks style.



*orders 9 1/2 Weeks*
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/01/17 1:17pm

cloveringold85

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Superfan1984 said:

Honestly, I wish she would write a book. As someone else said, she comes across as totally real no falsehoods, no trying to be on top, just the truth. She's had a hard life but has come out on top and happy and a good person. Hers is a story I would love to read. Robin, if you're lurking- write a book! smile

It would be interesting book but I am not sure people would like it after all it is going to be about the fun and sexy Prince not the depressed and lonely Prince people on this board seem to crave. It seems like he had a lot of fun with Robyn two adults being adults and knowing that was all it was going to be and moving on with their lives.

It is to bad some of the ex's can't figure this out.

.

Yes, Robin is one of the few Prince exes that keeps it real and does not exaggerate the relationship to be more than what it actually was. She was with Prince in the early stages of his career, but I don't think she knew him that well, later in life. She is quite eccentric, but she seems harmless. biggrin

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/01/17 1:19pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

laurarichardson said:

It would be interesting book but I am not sure people would like it after all it is going to be about the fun and sexy Prince not the depressed and lonely Prince people on this board seem to crave. It seems like he had a lot of fun with Robyn two adults being adults and knowing that was all it was going to be and moving on with their lives.

It is to bad some of the ex's can't figure this out.

I would love to read about Prince having the time of his life- running around in tube socks, sliding down the railing on the stairs- all the things Robin talked about- hot steamy fun sex- notes left for her on the stairs- I would love to read about Prince happy like this! smile

.

Sounds devine! lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/01/17 1:20pm

cloveringold85

avatar

anangellooksdown said:

laurarichardson said:

I think it would be cool

I would buy that in a second. Raiding the fridge after sex, her experience working with P during GB, him sitting outside her apartment all night while she slept, why it was so peaceful sleeping next to P, and just how exactly it is that he utilized every piece of furniture in the room while making love. What he talked about with her at night before bed as she said, including his dreams of being a father.

.

She was a lucky girl. lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/01/17 1:21pm

cloveringold85

avatar

laurarichardson said:

anangellooksdown said:

laurarichardson said: I would buy that in a second. Raiding the fridge after sex, her experience working with P during GB, him sitting outside her apartment all night while she slept, why it was so peaceful sleeping next to P, and just how exactly it is that he utilized every piece of furniture in the room while making love. What he talked about with her at night before bed as she said, including his dreams of being a father.

Devin said he used every piece of furniture as well in a 9 1/2 weeks style.

.

lick whip lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/01/17 1:57pm

CatB

laurarichardson said:

anangellooksdown said:

laurarichardson said: I would buy that in a second. Raiding the fridge after sex, her experience working with P during GB, him sitting outside her apartment all night while she slept, why it was so peaceful sleeping next to P, and just how exactly it is that he utilized every piece of furniture in the room while making love. What he talked about with her at night before bed as she said, including his dreams of being a father.

Devin said he used every piece of furniture as well in a 9 1/2 weeks style.



She must've seen a different 9 1/2 Weeks as they do not use every piece of furniture in the movie which was, by the way, made after Devin's time with him. Yes, Prince did like the movie and Kim Basinger became his trophy after he had seen it.

Devin also says Prince told her he didn't like blonde women as they are "calculating". This was in a situation where they spoke about Madonna. She seemed to have taken this and generalized it in her mind. It is not true that he didn't like blonde women, on the contrary, several women even got "lighter" after HE told them it would look better.

Devin also says she never had an orgasm until she was cheating on her husband and she had "always faked them to get sex over and done with in the past with every lover, even with Prince"

She contradicts herself throughout the book, right at the beginning telling the world that Prince was the superlover only to then say that he was hesitant to even get naked (closer to the truth) and during the rest of the book she tells you how she had never liked or enjoyed sex in general and how she was only using it to sell her image. It's sweet of her to portray him as the hunk but truth is that he could be self-conscious.


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Video: Robin Power Royal talks about how she met Prince