independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 16th Oct 2017 9:03pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > "Stanning"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 05/18/17 8:09am

anangellooksdo
wn

Misslink88 said:



Vashtix said:




anangellooksdown said:


Vashtix said: Agreed, Vashtix. There's normal expected stuff and there's even really loving a protege. That's cool. Very cool. WGAT I'm talking about is the extremism where folks become like rabid dogs and will snap at you if you have a different opinion.

We all have an opinion and they all should be respected no need for attack.




It's an interesting phenomena. I believe people are attached to a particular time in their life and the protege(s) match that time period. They are defending their memories, their sense of importance about that time for them, or the way in which they want to view the world when they "stan" for one. It's a peculiar thing humans do - even in light of facts, they will hold on to their "beliefs" because you are, in essence, attacking their sense of self. So, even though your opinion or the facts differ, they take it personally and respond to that, rather than the essence of what you are saying.



Brilliant, Misslink. Very insightful.
I knew it had to do with protecting sense of self somehow, but your thoughts are worth considering, in my opinion.
Very interesting indeed.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 05/18/17 8:54am

Reciprocity

OldFriends4Sale said:

I think from what I've seen in the Non-Prince Music forum, it is a term for anyone who is a 'fan' of someone, that term has been used for MJ fans Beyonce fans etc

Thes days it is not about deranged fans just anyone who supports with passion their celeb as people do for Prince wearing purple, being here on this mssageboard., going to Paisley Park to visit.

They are stans not crazies.

Super fans are Stans.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 05/18/17 8:57am

Misslink88

anangellooksdown said:

Misslink88 said:

It's an interesting phenomena. I believe people are attached to a particular time in their life and the protege(s) match that time period. They are defending their memories, their sense of importance about that time for them, or the way in which they want to view the world when they "stan" for one. It's a peculiar thing humans do - even in light of facts, they will hold on to their "beliefs" because you are, in essence, attacking their sense of self. So, even though your opinion or the facts differ, they take it personally and respond to that, rather than the essence of what you are saying.

Brilliant, Misslink. Very insightful. I knew it had to do with protecting sense of self somehow, but your thoughts are worth considering, in my opinion. Very interesting indeed.

Thank you, Angel. It's really an unconscious process - you're never really angry about what you think you're angry about. It'll be a trigger from a long forgotten memory. That's why music, in particular, will take you back to a moment in time and it feels as if it's happening right now.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 05/18/17 9:03am

Reciprocity

anangellooksdown said:

Misslink88 said:

It's an interesting phenomena. I believe people are attached to a particular time in their life and the protege(s) match that time period. They are defending their memories, their sense of importance about that time for them, or the way in which they want to view the world when they "stan" for one. It's a peculiar thing humans do - even in light of facts, they will hold on to their "beliefs" because you are, in essence, attacking their sense of self. So, even though your opinion or the facts differ, they take it personally and respond to that, rather than the essence of what you are saying.

Brilliant, Misslink. Very insightful. I knew it had to do with protecting sense of self somehow, but your thoughts are worth considering, in my opinion. Very interesting indeed.

Do not think supporting someone is due to your generation. I do not think every person who was a kid in 1984 is stanning for Prince. I know I love the Beatles and they were way before my time and I love the old time Blues from the 30s and 40s so that nice little psycho package does not work. I "stan"for Billie Holiday and there are those who stan for Marilyn Monroe and James Dean.

I think people are drawn to celebs just for what they represent.

I am drawn to Prince because he was multi-dimensional and completely himself. He was the one people tried to copy-he was not copying others. His music speaks to me in ways that I cannot describe from his 1970s stuff to the stuff in 2014. He as an artists captivated me and I do not like seeing his legacy tarnished by people and their lies especially people who he allowed into his inner circle. I find it so distasteful. I am sickened by all of the books and the REELZ docs that do not care to fact check.

I am using myself as a Stan because I come to this board.

I am giving a shout out to my fellow Fans/Stans who although Prince is gone still celebrate him by discussing his life, lyrics, style, and one of kind existence!

I will not be shamed for my love of Prince, his music and others from his circle.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 05/18/17 9:22am

Misslink88

Reciprocity said:

anangellooksdown said:

Misslink88 said: Brilliant, Misslink. Very insightful. I knew it had to do with protecting sense of self somehow, but your thoughts are worth considering, in my opinion. Very interesting indeed.

Do not think supporting someone is due to your generation. I do not think every person who was a kid in 1984 is stanning for Prince. I know I love the Beatles and they were way before my time and I love the old time Blues from the 30s and 40s so that nice little psycho package does not work. I "stan"for Billie Holiday and there are those who stan for Marilyn Monroe and James Dean.

I think people are drawn to celebs just for what they represent.

I am drawn to Prince because he was multi-dimensional and completely himself. He was the one people tried to copy-he was not copying others. His music speaks to me in ways that I cannot describe from his 1970s stuff to the stuff in 2014. He as an artists captivated me and I do not like seeing his legacy tarnished by people and their lies especially people who he allowed into his inner circle. I find it so distasteful. I am sickened by all of the books and the REELZ docs that do not care to fact check.

I am using myself as a Stan because I come to this board.

I am giving a shout out to my fellow Fans/Stans who although Prince is gone still celebrate him by discussing his life, lyrics, style, and one of kind existence!

I will not be shamed for my love of Prince, his music and others from his circle.

"Stans" and "fans" are different. Fans appreciate certain things; stans go overboard. Fans stick to reality; stans accept only what re-inforces their own point of view.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 05/18/17 9:53am

anangellooksdo
wn

Reciprocity said:



anangellooksdown said:


Misslink88 said:


It's an interesting phenomena. I believe people are attached to a particular time in their life and the protege(s) match that time period. They are defending their memories, their sense of importance about that time for them, or the way in which they want to view the world when they "stan" for one. It's a peculiar thing humans do - even in light of facts, they will hold on to their "beliefs" because you are, in essence, attacking their sense of self. So, even though your opinion or the facts differ, they take it personally and respond to that, rather than the essence of what you are saying.



Brilliant, Misslink. Very insightful. I knew it had to do with protecting sense of self somehow, but your thoughts are worth considering, in my opinion. Very interesting indeed.


Do not think supporting someone is due to your generation. I do not think every person who was a kid in 1984 is stanning for Prince. I know I love the Beatles and they were way before my time and I love the old time Blues from the 30s and 40s so that nice little psycho package does not work. I "stan"for Billie Holiday and there are those who stan for Marilyn Monroe and James Dean.


I think people are drawn to celebs just for what they represent.


I am drawn to Prince because he was multi-dimensional and completely himself. He was the one people tried to copy-he was not copying others. His music speaks to me in ways that I cannot describe from his 1970s stuff to the stuff in 2014. He as an artists captivated me and I do not like seeing his legacy tarnished by people and their lies especially people who he allowed into his inner circle. I find it so distasteful. I am sickened by all of the books and the REELZ docs that do not care to fact check.


I am using myself as a Stan because I come to this board.



I am giving a shout out to my fellow Fans/Stans who although Prince is gone still celebrate him by discussing his life, lyrics, style, and one of kind existence!



I will not be shamed for my love of Prince, his music and others from his circle.




We're talking about "stanning" (lol) for protégés on a Prince board; not stanning for Prince.
When we're all in one place which is dedicated to one person like Prince.org (always loved the website's name,by the way), agreeing on our love of that person is expected.
I am a Prince SuperFam and wear purple and listen to almost only his music and talk about him to people in my life. But I would not live in his backyard surviving on the forage or meat-yielding animals, and I would also not hurt anyone who didn't feel the same way I do about him.

BTW, remember that wonderful story about Prince going out and asking a woman fan who was stalking him on his property what she wanted? I think she didnt really know, and Prince said later that she really just wanted to be seen, for him to acknowledge her.

Oh, Prince! We miss you SO MUCH!
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 05/18/17 9:58am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Reciprocity said:

anangellooksdown said:

Misslink88 said: Brilliant, Misslink. Very insightful. I knew it had to do with protecting sense of self somehow, but your thoughts are worth considering, in my opinion. Very interesting indeed.

Do not think supporting someone is due to your generation. I do not think every person who was a kid in 1984 is stanning for Prince. I know I love the Beatles and they were way before my time and I love the old time Blues from the 30s and 40s so that nice little psycho package does not work. I "stan"for Billie Holiday and there are those who stan for Marilyn Monroe and James Dean.

I think people are drawn to celebs just for what they represent.

I am drawn to Prince because he was multi-dimensional and completely himself. He was the one people tried to copy-he was not copying others. His music speaks to me in ways that I cannot describe from his 1970s stuff to the stuff in 2014. He as an artists captivated me and I do not like seeing his legacy tarnished by people and their lies especially people who he allowed into his inner circle. I find it so distasteful. I am sickened by all of the books and the REELZ docs that do not care to fact check.

I am using myself as a Stan because I come to this board.

I am giving a shout out to my fellow Fans/Stans who although Prince is gone still celebrate him by discussing his life, lyrics, style, and one of kind existence!

I will not be shamed for my love of Prince, his music and others from his circle.

That isn't (stan)ing, that is just being a fan of the person/art/era etc

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 05/18/17 10:07am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Reciprocity said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I think from what I've seen in the Non-Prince Music forum, it is a term for anyone who is a 'fan' of someone, that term has been used for MJ fans Beyonce fans etc

Thes days it is not about deranged fans just anyone who supports with passion their celeb as people do for Prince wearing purple, being here on this mssageboard., going to Paisley Park to visit.

They are stans not crazies.

Super fans are Stans.

I mean on forums it seems people are not using the term correctly. If you really are into certain people, and the other person(s) are not in a debate people get called a 'Stan' which is not on point.

.

a 'super' fan is just a fan. I'm a HUGE Prince fan overall, but a GIGANTIC 1977-1989 fan of Prince his band members the proteges the Time the Family Sheila E Vanity 6 Madhouse etc but I'm not going to kill for them, not stalking pages and houses etc

.

On a facebook group a few years back some female member went on about Morris Day and how she would never forgive him for what he did to Prince (in the movie Purple Rain) literally the lines of reality and fiction were gone. That is a serious Stan(ner) for Prince. She seemed like those housewives who assault the real life actors of Soap Operas when they seem them out in public. That chick would probably attack Morris Day (4 Prince)

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 05/18/17 12:22pm

babynoz

Misslink88 said:

Vashtix said:

We all have an opinion and they all should be respected no need for attack.

It's an interesting phenomena. I believe people are attached to a particular time in their life and the protege(s) match that time period. They are defending their memories, their sense of importance about that time for them, or the way in which they want to view the world when they "stan" for one. It's a peculiar thing humans do - even in light of facts, they will hold on to their "beliefs" because you are, in essence, attacking their sense of self. So, even though your opinion or the facts differ, they take it personally and respond to that, rather than the essence of what you are saying.



Exactly. Well said. nod

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 05/18/17 3:12pm

FlyOnTheWall

OldFriends4Sale said:

Reciprocity said:

Thes days it is not about deranged fans just anyone who supports with passion their celeb as people do for Prince wearing purple, being here on this mssageboard., going to Paisley Park to visit.

They are stans not crazies.

Super fans are Stans.

I mean on forums it seems people are not using the term correctly. If you really are into certain people, and the other person(s) are not in a debate people get called a 'Stan' which is not on point.

.

a 'super' fan is just a fan. I'm a HUGE Prince fan overall, but a GIGANTIC 1977-1989 fan of Prince his band members the proteges the Time the Family Sheila E Vanity 6 Madhouse etc but I'm not going to kill for them, not stalking pages and houses etc

.

On a facebook group a few years back some female member went on about Morris Day and how she would never forgive him for what he did to Prince (in the movie Purple Rain) literally the lines of reality and fiction were gone. That is a serious Stan(ner) for Prince. She seemed like those housewives who assault the real life actors of Soap Operas when they seem them out in public. That chick would probably attack Morris Day (4 Prince)

Like many words, "STAN" is used differently by different people. Even Prince, arguably used the word in the HNR2 song "Groovy Potential." At around the 2:25 mark, he says, "I like it when you stan(d) for me." The online lyrics transcribe it as "I like it when you dance for me," but they often get it wrong. Plus, I never hear "dance," and I listened to this CD for weeks in my car back in March and April. I remember thinking, every time, "Is Prince singing about "stanning"?! It sure sounds like it to me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 05/18/17 5:02pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

FlyOnTheWall said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I mean on forums it seems people are not using the term correctly. If you really are into certain people, and the other person(s) are not in a debate people get called a 'Stan' which is not on point.

.

a 'super' fan is just a fan. I'm a HUGE Prince fan overall, but a GIGANTIC 1977-1989 fan of Prince his band members the proteges the Time the Family Sheila E Vanity 6 Madhouse etc but I'm not going to kill for them, not stalking pages and houses etc

.

On a facebook group a few years back some female member went on about Morris Day and how she would never forgive him for what he did to Prince (in the movie Purple Rain) literally the lines of reality and fiction were gone. That is a serious Stan(ner) for Prince. She seemed like those housewives who assault the real life actors of Soap Operas when they seem them out in public. That chick would probably attack Morris Day (4 Prince)

Like many words, "STAN" is used differently by different people. Even Prince, arguably used the word in the HNR2 song "Groovy Potential." At around the 2:25 mark, he says, "I like it when you stan(d) for me." The online lyrics transcribe it as "I like it when you dance for me," but they often get it wrong. Plus, I never hear "dance," and I listened to this CD for weeks in my car back in March and April. I remember thinking, every time, "Is Prince singing about "stanning"?! It sure sounds like it to me.

omg, I cannot believe he is saying stan lol

I don't think he would like it at all

isn't he the reason why fans started using the term FAM, because Prince didn't like that 'fan' was short for FANatic?

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 05/18/17 6:50pm

LBrent

OldFriends4Sale said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Like many words, "STAN" is used differently by different people. Even Prince, arguably used the word in the HNR2 song "Groovy Potential." At around the 2:25 mark, he says, "I like it when you stan(d) for me." The online lyrics transcribe it as "I like it when you dance for me," but they often get it wrong. Plus, I never hear "dance," and I listened to this CD for weeks in my car back in March and April. I remember thinking, every time, "Is Prince singing about "stanning"?! It sure sounds like it to me.

omg, I cannot believe he is saying stan lol

I don't think he would like it at all

isn't he the reason why fans started using the term FAM, because Prince didn't like that 'fan' was short for FANatic?

Yup, that was him.

I never fell in line though.

I'm a FAN, deal with it purple man.

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 05/18/17 6:55pm

luvgirl

I've noticed that the ones who use the term are usually considered stans themselves, but in an effort to try to make themselves feel better, they try to place the label on others.
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 05/18/17 6:56pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

LBrent said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

omg, I cannot believe he is saying stan lol

I don't think he would like it at all

isn't he the reason why fans started using the term FAM, because Prince didn't like that 'fan' was short for FANatic?

Yup, that was him.

I never fell in line though.

I'm a FAN, deal with it purple man.

lol

LOL same here, sometimes people make some thing too deep

I'm a FAN too always have been

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 05/18/17 7:17pm

LBrent

OldFriends4Sale said:

LBrent said:

Yup, that was him.

I never fell in line though.

I'm a FAN, deal with it purple man.

lol

LOL same here, sometimes people make some thing too deep

I'm a FAN too always have been

highfive

Um, but I do stan for chocolate covered cherries; milk, dark, but white not so much.

wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 05/18/17 7:22pm

FlyOnTheWall

luvgirl said:

I've noticed that the ones who use the term are usually considered stans themselves, but in an effort to try to make themselves feel better, they try to place the label on others.

nod It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 05/18/17 7:31pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

LBrent said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

LOL same here, sometimes people make some thing too deep

I'm a FAN too always have been

highfive

Um, but I do stan for chocolate covered cherries; milk, dark, but white not so much.

wink

lol

I smelled bakery cupcakes in their air when I got home today

I would stan for that, I dream about them and will wake up early to get to a baker before work

I used to be like that in the 80s for Prince albums too

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 05/18/17 9:36pm

LBrent

OldFriends4Sale said:

LBrent said:

highfive

Um, but I do stan for chocolate covered cherries; milk, dark, but white not so much.

wink

lol

I smelled bakery cupcakes in their air when I got home today

I would stan for that, I dream about them and will wake up early to get to a baker before work

I used to be like that in the 80s for Prince albums too

Yup, I feelya.

There was a tiny Wrecka Stow in the small town I lived in near Dallas that would get in these gorgeous hi-res P concert pics, very close pics and only $1 each. I had sooooo many of them. They kept a fresh supply damn near every week during the 80s and I'd feind for them, until I went back to NY in 1991.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 05/19/17 6:04am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

LBrent said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

lol

I smelled bakery cupcakes in their air when I got home today

I would stan for that, I dream about them and will wake up early to get to a baker before work

I used to be like that in the 80s for Prince albums too

Yup, I feelya.

There was a tiny Wrecka Stow in the small town I lived in near Dallas that would get in these gorgeous hi-res P concert pics, very close pics and only $1 each. I had sooooo many of them. They kept a fresh supply damn near every week during the 80s and I'd feind for them, until I went back to NY in 1991.

Man those where the days.

Do U remember the New Breed Fan Club mailing list?

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 05/19/17 8:48am

Misslink88

FlyOnTheWall said:

luvgirl said:

I've noticed that the ones who use the term are usually considered stans themselves, but in an effort to try to make themselves feel better, they try to place the label on others.

nod It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Deflection prevents the person from looking at the facts. If they can get you to argue about something else, the main issue can be ignored.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 05/19/17 9:31am

FlyOnTheWall

Misslink88 said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

nod It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Deflection prevents the person from looking at the facts. If they can get you to argue about something else, the main issue can be ignored.

nod Here's the thing: You can’t point your finger at someone without pointing three fingers at yourself. Literally. Just try it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 05/19/17 9:59am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

FlyOnTheWall said:

Misslink88 said:

Deflection prevents the person from looking at the facts. If they can get you to argue about something else, the main issue can be ignored.

nod Here's the thing: You can’t point your finger at someone without pointing three fingers at yourself. Literally. Just try it.

well in the sense of pointing at someone(non literal) you can 'not point' at yourself.
If I point at someone who abuses their spouse, it doesn't mean I'm guilty of the same...

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 05/19/17 10:07am

FlyOnTheWall

OldFriends4Sale said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

nod Here's the thing: You can’t point your finger at someone without pointing three fingers at yourself. Literally. Just try it.

well in the sense of pointing at someone(non literal) you can 'not point' at yourself.
If I point at someone who abuses their spouse, it doesn't mean I'm guilty of the same...

In the case of this particular thread, however, it is a very accurate analogy. My previous comments were snipped, but they clearly demonstrated my point.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 05/19/17 10:20am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

FlyOnTheWall said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

well in the sense of pointing at someone(non literal) you can 'not point' at yourself.
If I point at someone who abuses their spouse, it doesn't mean I'm guilty of the same...

In the case of this particular thread, however, it is a very accurate analogy. My previous comments were snipped, but they clearly demonstrated my point.

your comment was snipped because of the language you used, not the analogy. Come correct.

This thread is about 'STANNING' and what it means, where it comes from, how it is used.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 05/19/17 10:42am

FlyOnTheWall

OldFriends4Sale said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

In the case of this particular thread, however, it is a very accurate analogy. My previous comments were snipped, but they clearly demonstrated my point.

you comment was snipped because of the language you used, not the analogy. Come correct.

This thread is about 'STANNING' and what it means, where it comes from, how it is used.

I responded to this particular comment made by the OP, in bold below, by pointing out that (s)he has done exactly that in the past. Thus, it was not off topic and I'm not sure what language was objectionable, as I used no profanity. Perhaps you could orgNote me about how I failed to "come correct." Please advise. Thanks in advance.


But I don't see feeling that protective or strongly about a protege, espscially to the point of wanting people who don't agree with me to suffer, or defending and protecting to the point of causing chaos etc. I don't even do that when it comes to Prince - let alone a protege! I'm thinking it must have something to do with the "stan" confusing themselves with the protégée.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 05/19/17 11:18am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

orgnotes

FlyOnTheWall said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I responded to this particular comment made by the OP, in bold below, by pointing out that (s)he has done exactly that in the past. Thus, it was not off topic and I'm not sure what language was objectionable, as I used no profanity. Perhaps you could orgNote me about how I failed to "come correct." Please advise. Thanks in advance.


But I don't see feeling that protective or strongly about a protege, espscially to the point of wanting people who don't agree with me to suffer, or defending and protecting to the point of causing chaos etc. I don't even do that when it comes to Prince - let alone a protege! I'm thinking it must have something to do with the "stan" confusing themselves with the protégée.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 05/19/17 12:09pm

Misslink88

OldFriends4Sale said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

nod Here's the thing: You can’t point your finger at someone without pointing three fingers at yourself. Literally. Just try it.

well in the sense of pointing at someone(non literal) you can 'not point' at yourself.
If I point at someone who abuses their spouse, it doesn't mean I'm guilty of the same...

Exactly, OF4S. The sky is blue no matter who's pointing at it. Facts are facts are facts.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 05/19/17 3:14pm

LBrent

OldFriends4Sale said:

LBrent said:

Yup, I feelya.

There was a tiny Wrecka Stow in the small town I lived in near Dallas that would get in these gorgeous hi-res P concert pics, very close pics and only $1 each. I had sooooo many of them. They kept a fresh supply damn near every week during the 80s and I'd feind for them, until I went back to NY in 1991.

Man those where the days.

Do U remember the New Breed Fan Club mailing list?

Nope.

I wasn't a part of any fan club or mailings or anything until joining AOL much later, around the mi-90s (94?), and finding a P forum there. Up until then I wasn't on the Internet and had barely touched a computer. I wish I had known about more Internet related P fan stuff back then.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 05/19/17 4:17pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

LBrent said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Man those where the days.

Do U remember the New Breed Fan Club mailing list?

Nope.

I wasn't a part of any fan club or mailings or anything until joining AOL much later, around the mi-90s (94?), and finding a P forum there. Up until then I wasn't on the Internet and had barely touched a computer. I wish I had known about more Internet related P fan stuff back then.

the new breed fan club was 80s pre internet

I'll looking for the New Breed magazine cut out

Image may contain: sky

Image may contain: text

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 05/20/17 2:10am

FlyOnTheWall

Misslink88 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

well in the sense of pointing at someone(non literal) you can 'not point' at yourself.
If I point at someone who abuses their spouse, it doesn't mean I'm guilty of the same...

Exactly, OF4S. The sky is blue no matter who's pointing at it. Facts are facts are facts.

nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > "Stanning"