independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 22nd May 2017 8:36am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Andy Allo Sings "I Luv U in Me" and "Nothing More" (and a "Time" snippet) on Music Monday ~ May 15, 2017
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/15/17 5:50pm

FlyOnTheWall

Andy Allo Sings "I Luv U in Me" and "Nothing More" (and a "Time" snippet) on Music Monday ~ May 15, 2017

Great Music Monday this week!! I loved hearing Andy explain where she was emotionally when she wrote "Nothing More," from her Prince-executive produced Superconductor: utterly and completely in love. Hence, the lyrics, "So, tie me down. I'm ready." She didn't say who inspired the song, but I think I know. Her cover of P's "I Luv U in Me" was exquisite. She closed with a sweet mash-up of "Yellow Gold" and "Time." And, as always, it was free. It doesn't get much better than this. Tell a friend!!



Andy%20Allo-Music%20Monday-May%2015%202017_zpsvthgqxsp.png

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/16/17 10:33am

Latin

Thank you for sharing.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/16/17 11:46am

pinkcashmere23

That was lovely.Thanks for sharing! heart

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/16/17 1:49pm

anangellooksdo
wn

pinkcashmere23 said:

That was lovely.Thanks for sharing! heart



I love Andy's voice and I care about her happiness. That's why since it's apparently time for being more open, I'm going to be honest.

They weren't "in love"; they were in an obsession. That's why she always talks about the beginning of these relations, the "excitement", etc.

Most people don't know the difference so it's expected that people won't know what I'm talking about.

I don't think Prince ever had a real romantic love.

But he LOVED her, still does, and loved all of us.

I will always support her in growing spiritually. She has a lot of potential.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/16/17 5:21pm

pinkcashmere23

anangellooksdown said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

That was lovely.Thanks for sharing! heart

I love Andy's voice and I care about her happiness. That's why since it's apparently time for being more open, I'm going to be honest. They weren't "in love"; they were in an obsession. That's why she always talks about the beginning of these relations, the "excitement", etc. Most people don't know the difference so it's expected that people won't know what I'm talking about. I don't think Prince ever had a real romantic love. But he LOVED her, still does, and loved all of us. I will always support her in growing spiritually. She has a lot of potential.

I meant that I loved her performance not that P and Andy were in love.I believe Nothing More was partly written before Andy met Prince and the version she sang at NSJ Festival had different lyrics.The song was then titled More Than This-that was the chorus.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/16/17 5:39pm

anangellooksdo
wn

pinkcashmere23 said:



anangellooksdown said:


pinkcashmere23 said:

That was lovely.Thanks for sharing! heart



I love Andy's voice and I care about her happiness. That's why since it's apparently time for being more open, I'm going to be honest. They weren't "in love"; they were in an obsession. That's why she always talks about the beginning of these relations, the "excitement", etc. Most people don't know the difference so it's expected that people won't know what I'm talking about. I don't think Prince ever had a real romantic love. But he LOVED her, still does, and loved all of us. I will always support her in growing spiritually. She has a lot of potential.

I meant that I loved her performance not that P and Andy were in love.I believe Nothing More was partly written before Andy met Prince and the version she sang at NSJ Festival had different lyrics.The song was then titled More Than This-that was the chorus.



I liked that performance a lot. (NSJ).
I'm so glad that she is re-exploring what seems to be her true fit in music. She will not be misled. ❤️
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/16/17 6:03pm

pinkcashmere23

anangellooksdown said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I meant that I loved her performance not that P and Andy were in love.I believe Nothing More was partly written before Andy met Prince and the version she sang at NSJ Festival had different lyrics.The song was then titled More Than This-that was the chorus.

I liked that performance a lot. (NSJ). I'm so glad that she is re-exploring what seems to be her true fit in music. She will not be misled. ❤️

I liked it too-I think Maceo added a nice touch.I'm glad she listened to Prince and went back to her acoustic roots as well.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/17/17 3:22am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

anangellooksdown said:

pinkcashmere23 said: I love Andy's voice and I care about her happiness. That's why since it's apparently time for being more open, I'm going to be honest. They weren't "in love"; they were in an obsession. That's why she always talks about the beginning of these relations, the "excitement", etc. Most people don't know the difference so it's expected that people won't know what I'm talking about. I don't think Prince ever had a real romantic love. But he LOVED her, still does, and loved all of us. I will always support her in growing spiritually. She has a lot of potential.

I meant that I loved her performance not that P and Andy were in love.I believe Nothing More was partly written before Andy met Prince and the version she sang at NSJ Festival had different lyrics.The song was then titled More Than This-that was the chorus.

Are you referring to "More than This" by Roxy, the song that AA and P covered on their acoustic album? Also, on what do you base your belief that "Nothing More was partly written before Andy met Prince"?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/17/17 7:39am

pinkcashmere23

The song that Andy performed at NSJ before Prince's The Love We Make was what would evolve into Nothing More.She sang the chorus as More Than This which was changed to Nothing More by the release of Superconductor.I also remember setlists from the Welcome 2 Europe tour had the song titled More Than This-I don't recall them playing Roxy Music's More Than This during the tour.Prince sang it during his run at The Forum though.Andy had begun writing for her second album before she met Prince in April 2011 but the lyrics to Nothing More do seem to be inspired by him I agree.The song also sounds so similar to The Love We Make that I wonder if Prince didn't write it with her.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/17/17 7:54am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

The song that Andy performed at NSJ before Prince's The Love We Make was what would evolve into Nothing More.She sang the chorus as More Than This which was changed to Nothing More by the release of Superconductor.I also remember setlists from the Welcome 2 Europe tour had the song titled More Than This-I don't recall them playing Roxy Music's More Than This during the tour.Prince sang it during his run at The Forum though.Andy had begun writing for her second album before she met Prince in April 2011 but the lyrics to Nothing More do seem to be inspired by him I agree.The song also sounds so similar to The Love We Make that I wonder if Prince didn't write it with her.

I see. He might have very well written it with her, but I don't think that's one of the songs that he is credited with co-writing on Superconductor.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/17/17 9:04am

pinkcashmere23

It seems Prince had a bit more to do with the songs on Superconductor than was believed.From what I've learned recently,they co-wrote Long Gone,The Calm,The Story Of You & I and he had input in Yellow Gold as well-she said he told her that the song needed "add-libs"at the end.Andy claims People Pleaser,Nothing More,If I Was King and When Stars Collide as her own though from What It Feels Like I suspect they may have collaborated on When Stars Collide as well.She also revealed that Prince was inspired to write R&R Affair after.

[Edited 5/17/17 9:16am]

[Edited 5/17/17 9:24am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/17/17 10:00am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

It seems Prince had a bit more to do with the songs on Superconductor than was believed.From what I've learned recently,they co-wrote Long Gone,The Calm,The Story Of You & I and he had input in Yellow Gold as well-she said he told her that the song needed "add-libs"at the end.Andy claims People Pleaser,Nothing More,If I Was King and When Stars Collide as her own though from What It Feels Like I suspect they may have collaborated on When Stars Collide as well.She also revealed that Prince was inspired to write R&R Affair after.

[Edited 5/17/17 9:16am]

[Edited 5/17/17 9:24am]

Did she reveal all this in a new interview? Also, I can't remember the thread here on the org, but someone recently commented that she supposedly said in a recent interview that, after meeting Prince, he inspired virtually all of her songs. Do you recall reading that comment? If so, perhaps you could direct me to it. Thanks.

[Edited 5/17/17 10:11am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/17/17 10:33am

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

It seems Prince had a bit more to do with the songs on Superconductor than was believed.From what I've learned recently,they co-wrote Long Gone,The Calm,The Story Of You & I and he had input in Yellow Gold as well-she said he told her that the song needed "add-libs"at the end.Andy claims People Pleaser,Nothing More,If I Was King and When Stars Collide as her own though from What It Feels Like I suspect they may have collaborated on When Stars Collide as well.She also revealed that Prince was inspired to write R&R Affair after.

[Edited 5/17/17 9:16am]

[Edited 5/17/17 9:24am]

Did she reveal all this in a new interview? Also, I can't remember the thread here on the org, but someone recently commented that she supposedly said in a recent interview that, after meeting Prince, he inspired virtually all of her songs. Do you recall reading that comment?

She revealed the info about Long Gone in radio interview in 2014.I think it might have been on Upper Room with Joe Kelly.She said she and Prince were at Paisley Park listening to Fire and Rain when he became inspired and said they could write something like that and they got their guitars and Long Gone was born.I think The Calm was originally credited as an collaboration.In a radio interview with Blackalicious in late 2013 she revealed the info about WSC and R&R Affair.I'm listening to an interview with LOTL radio from 2013 on Mixcloud and she just said she and Prince co-wrote the title song Superconductor.In a recent interview Andy did while in Sacramento she said that most or a lot of her songs were inspired by Prince and that she thinks most people get that.She revealed on one of her Music Mondays that they wrote the Story Of You & I together and in a clip on her Facebook from her show at the Mint last May she tells the cute little story of how Prince helped her finish Yellow Gold.The link to the Sacramento radio interview I believe was in your recent thread about the article from the Sac Bee..player.fm/series/the-tj-show/5517-can-we-get-filthy-the-lo-down-hour-2

[Edited 5/17/17 10:43am]

[Edited 5/17/17 10:53am]

[Edited 5/17/17 11:07am]

[Edited 5/17/17 11:24am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/17/17 11:12am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Did she reveal all this in a new interview? Also, I can't remember the thread here on the org, but someone recently commented that she supposedly said in a recent interview that, after meeting Prince, he inspired virtually all of her songs. Do you recall reading that comment?

She revealed the info about Long Gone in radio interview in 2013.I think it might have been on Upper Room with Joe Kelly.She said she and Prince were at Paisley Park listening to Fire and Rain when he became inspired and said they could write something like that and they got their guitars and Long Gone was born.I think The Calm was originally credited as an collaboration.In a radio interview with Blackalicious in late 2013 she revealed the info about WSC and R&R Affair.I'm listening to an interview with LOTL radio from 2013 on Mixcloud and she just said she and Prince co-wrote the title song Superconductor.In a recent interview Andy did while in Sacramento she said that most or a lot of her songs were inspired by Prince and that she thinks most people get that.She revealed on one of her Music Mondays that they wrote the Story Of You & I together and in a clip on her Facebook from her show at the Mint last May she tells the cute little story of how Prince helped her finish Yellow Gold.The link to the Sacramento radio interview I believe was in your recent thread about the article from the Sac Bee..

[Edited 5/17/17 10:43am]

[Edited 5/17/17 10:53am]

Thank you. I'm going to have to revisit that article. BTW: I believe "Time" and even "Breakdown" were written during the same period as "When Stars Collide" and "What It Feels Like." There is even a line "Keep breaking you down," in their beautiful duet "Time."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/17/17 11:35am

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

She revealed the info about Long Gone in radio interview in 2013.I think it might have been on Upper Room with Joe Kelly.She said she and Prince were at Paisley Park listening to Fire and Rain when he became inspired and said they could write something like that and they got their guitars and Long Gone was born.I think The Calm was originally credited as an collaboration.In a radio interview with Blackalicious in late 2013 she revealed the info about WSC and R&R Affair.I'm listening to an interview with LOTL radio from 2013 on Mixcloud and she just said she and Prince co-wrote the title song Superconductor.In a recent interview Andy did while in Sacramento she said that most or a lot of her songs were inspired by Prince and that she thinks most people get that.She revealed on one of her Music Mondays that they wrote the Story Of You & I together and in a clip on her Facebook from her show at the Mint last May she tells the cute little story of how Prince helped her finish Yellow Gold.The link to the Sacramento radio interview I believe was in your recent thread about the article from the Sac Bee..

[Edited 5/17/17 10:43am]

[Edited 5/17/17 10:53am]

Thank you. I'm going to have to revisit that article. BTW: I believe "Time" and even "Breakdown" were written during the same period as "When Stars Collide" and "What It Feels Like." There is even a line "Keep breaking you down," in their beautiful duet "Time."

I added the url to the interview in my post.I agree about Time and Breakdown...perhaps adding the line at the end of Time was a hint that she was the inspiration for the other song as well.The Upper Room with Joe Kelley interview from January 2014 is still up if you want to check it out.Its a good interview with interesting info.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/17/17 11:51am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Thank you. I'm going to have to revisit that article. BTW: I believe "Time" and even "Breakdown" were written during the same period as "When Stars Collide" and "What It Feels Like." There is even a line "Keep breaking you down," in their beautiful duet "Time."

I added the url to the interview in my post.I agree about Time and Breakdown...perhaps adding the line at the end of Time was a hint that she was the inspiration for the other song as well.The Upper Room with Joe Kelley interview from January 2014 is still up if you want to check it out.Its a good interview with interesting info.

Thanks, again! I'm going to try to listen to both of them tonight or this weekend. Lastly, be careful: folks go into conniption fit mode at even the hint that "Breakdown" was inspired by Andy (just like virtually every song on Art Official Age). nod

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/17/17 12:30pm

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I added the url to the interview in my post.I agree about Time and Breakdown...perhaps adding the line at the end of Time was a hint that she was the inspiration for the other song as well.The Upper Room with Joe Kelley interview from January 2014 is still up if you want to check it out.Its a good interview with interesting info.

Thanks, again! I'm going to try to listen to both of them tonight or this weekend. Lastly, be careful: folks go into conniption fit mode at even the hint that "Breakdown" was inspired by Andy (just like virtually every song on Art Official Age). nod

You're welcome! There are also two interviews from LOTL Radio on Mixcloud-the latest done around the time she released Hello. I just said it was interesting. wink.They did work on a lot of music together .I'd like to hear Andy's recollection of that time and her memories of recording those songs from Superconductor,AOA and Phase 2.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/17/17 5:33pm

Latin

FlyOnTheWall said:

Great Music Monday this week!! I loved hearing Andy explain where she was emotionally when she wrote "Nothing More," from her Prince-executive produced Superconductor: utterly and completely in love. Hence, the lyrics, "So, tie me down. I'm ready." She didn't say who inspired the song, but I think I know. Her cover of P's "I Luv U in Me" was exquisite. She closed with a sweet mash-up of "Yellow Gold" and "Time." And, as always, it was free. It doesn't get much better than this. Tell a friend!!



Andy%20Allo-Music%20Monday-May%2015%202017_zpsvthgqxsp.png


music
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/17/17 6:03pm

FlyOnTheWall

Latin said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Great Music Monday this week!! I loved hearing Andy explain where she was emotionally when she wrote "Nothing More," from her Prince-executive produced Superconductor: utterly and completely in love. Hence, the lyrics, "So, tie me down. I'm ready." She didn't say who inspired the song, but I think I know. Her cover of P's "I Luv U in Me" was exquisite. She closed with a sweet mash-up of "Yellow Gold" and "Time." And, as always, it was free. It doesn't get much better than this. Tell a friend!!



Andy%20Allo-Music%20Monday-May%2015%202017_zpsvthgqxsp.png

music

Latin, don't you think the microphone adds depth to her sound? I think she should always use it on Music Mondays. I wonder where is her white fringed mic cover. It is so cute.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/17/17 7:21pm

sharpieheartz

I requested SOY&I for this coming Monday. Can't wait.
hold me, kiss me, ravage me on moonlit floors ~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/17/17 8:53pm

pinkcashmere23

sharpieheartz said:

I requested SOY&I for this coming Monday. Can't wait.

Looking forward to it! Glad you requested it.Such a beautiful song!

[Edited 5/18/17 7:51am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/18/17 6:53pm

luvsexy4all

love her but ...are there recordings of prince singing her whole album???

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/19/17 2:20am

Superconductor

avatar

Thanks for the interview references, y'all.
...every night another symphony...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/19/17 7:34am

pinkcashmere23

Superconductor said:

Thanks for the interview references, y'all.

You're welcome.Should also check out her Funkatopia radio takeover from fall 2014.She talked about working with Prince,their duets on Art Official Age and she put together a nice playlist of some of her favorite songs. funkatopia.com/tag/andy-allo The interview with Blackalicious radio is on Mixcloud.

[Edited 5/19/17 8:32am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/20/17 9:36am

FlyOnTheWall

sharpieheartz said:

I requested SOY&I for this coming Monday. Can't wait.

yes I heart that song. Let's hope she has an interesting backstory to go along with the sexy ballad's creation.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/20/17 11:08am

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

sharpieheartz said:

I requested SOY&I for this coming Monday. Can't wait.

yes I heart that song. Let's hope she has an interesting backstory to go along with the sexy ballad's creation.

yes She didn't reveal much last time she played it.She was rather demure.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/20/17 10:01pm

bibrose

FlyOnTheWall said:

Great Music Monday this week!! I loved hearing Andy explain where she was emotionally when she wrote "Nothing More," from her Prince-executive produced Superconductor: utterly and completely in love. Hence, the lyrics, "So, tie me down. I'm ready." She didn't say who inspired the song, but I think I know. Her cover of P's "I Luv U in Me" was exquisite. She closed with a sweet mash-up of "Yellow Gold" and "Time." And, as always, it was free. It doesn't get much better than this. Tell a friend!!



Andy%20Allo-Music%20Monday-May%2015%202017_zpsvthgqxsp.png

Thanks for the review -- Fly! It aptly sums it up. I sent her Prince's original version of "I Luv U In Me" to comfort her. She probably thought I was requesting it. I was thrilled the hear it though. smile

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/21/17 9:05am

FlyOnTheWall

bibrose said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Great Music Monday this week!! I loved hearing Andy explain where she was emotionally when she wrote "Nothing More," from her Prince-executive produced Superconductor: utterly and completely in love. Hence, the lyrics, "So, tie me down. I'm ready." She didn't say who inspired the song, but I think I know. Her cover of P's "I Luv U in Me" was exquisite. She closed with a sweet mash-up of "Yellow Gold" and "Time." And, as always, it was free. It doesn't get much better than this. Tell a friend!!



Andy%20Allo-Music%20Monday-May%2015%202017_zpsvthgqxsp.png

Thanks for the review -- Fly! It aptly sums it up. I sent her Prince's original version of "I Luv U In Me" to comfort her. She probably thought I was requesting it. I was thrilled the hear it though. smile

As were we all, bibrose!! I think "I Luv U in Me" is one of her most requested songs. I wonder if she has more Prince covers in The Vault. Hmmm... hmmm

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/21/17 5:53pm

luvgirl

Very nice. She has a pretty voice.
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Andy Allo Sings "I Luv U in Me" and "Nothing More" (and a "Time" snippet) on Music Monday ~ May 15, 2017