independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 28th May 2017 3:27am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Ok has Mi-Ling changed her mind?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/14/17 8:17pm

morningsong

avatar

Ok has Mi-Ling changed her mind?

I'm curious what the environment was like for them in those days.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/14/17 9:25pm

morningsong

avatar

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/15/17 2:38am

MMJas

avatar

Closure?

It's getting really tiring, everyone wants to ride that Purple Wave. Eric too.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/15/17 9:21am

morningsong

avatar

I've been waiting a long time to hear this explanation of LRC. And I would kinda like to hear about young pre-famous Prince and what it was like in Minn.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/15/17 11:05am

Mumio

avatar

MMJas said:

Closure?

It's getting really tiring, everyone wants to ride that Purple Wave. Eric too.


I am trying very very hard not to jump on any haterade trains, but this shit is foul. In more ways than I can count.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/15/17 1:10pm

morningsong

avatar

I feel you but she said early on in an interview she was going to and I've been waiting.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/15/17 1:25pm

purplegirl00

morningsong said:

I feel you but she said early on in an interview she was going to and I've been waiting.

Did she when it was coming out? I don't remember.

By her Twitter, can we expect this be another "soulmate" story? yay!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/15/17 1:25pm

MMJas

avatar

Mumio said:

MMJas said:

Closure?

It's getting really tiring, everyone wants to ride that Purple Wave. Eric too.


I am trying very very hard not to jump on any haterade trains, but this shit is foul. In more ways than I can count.

Indeed.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/15/17 1:38pm

morningsong

avatar

purplegirl00 said:



morningsong said:


I feel you but she said early on in an interview she was going to and I've been waiting.


Did she when it was coming out? I don't remember.



By her Twitter, can we expect this be another "soulmate" story? yay!




No no no no, nothing like that she wasn't THAT into him. But they​ ran in the same circles back in those days. When Prince meant her she was 16, thought she was too young and backed away until he met up with her after she turned 18. There's rumors that a few of his earlier songs are about her including LRC, which isn't that flattering of a song for a young woman, but she did give a partial explanation and said she'll save the rest for her book. It on YT.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/15/17 1:41pm

MMJas

avatar

morningsong said:

purplegirl00 said:

Did she when it was coming out? I don't remember.

By her Twitter, can we expect this be another "soulmate" story? yay!

No no no no, nothing like that she wasn't THAT into him. But they​ ran in the same circles back in those days. When Prince meant her she was 16, thought she was too young and backed away until he met up with her after she turned 18. There's rumors that a few of his earlier songs are about her including LRC, which isn't that flattering of a song for a young woman, but she did give a partial explanation and said she'll save the rest for her book. It on YT.

Hum another book? Wtf? We could make a huge list of all those riding the purple wave...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/15/17 1:48pm

morningsong

avatar

Yeah it's been a year we know there's a ton of them coming. Not like we can stop them. I've at least had a taste of what she's about she's written stuff has/had a YT channel and she comes off as a very interesting person. I personally think it's interesting getting a view of someone born and bred at the same time in Minn.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/15/17 1:52pm

purplegirl00

morningsong said:

purplegirl00 said:

Did she when it was coming out? I don't remember.

By her Twitter, can we expect this be another "soulmate" story? yay!

No no no no, nothing like that she wasn't THAT into him. But they​ ran in the same circles back in those days. When Prince meant her she was 16, thought she was too young and backed away until he met up with her after she turned 18. There's rumors that a few of his earlier songs are about her including LRC, which isn't that flattering of a song for a young woman, but she did give a partial explanation and said she'll save the rest for her book. It on YT.

I know. I heard the interview when it first came out. My comment about another "soulmate" was half-joking, half-serious/ sarcastic- hence the dance person emoji "yay". lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/15/17 1:53pm

morningsong

avatar

purplegirl00 said:



morningsong said:


purplegirl00 said:



Did she when it was coming out? I don't remember.



By her Twitter, can we expect this be another "soulmate" story? yay!



No no no no, nothing like that she wasn't THAT into him. But they​ ran in the same circles back in those days. When Prince meant her she was 16, thought she was too young and backed away until he met up with her after she turned 18. There's rumors that a few of his earlier songs are about her including LRC, which isn't that flattering of a song for a young woman, but she did give a partial explanation and said she'll save the rest for her book. It on YT.



I know. I heard the interview when it first came out. My comment about another "soulmate" was half-joking, half-serious/ sarcastic- hence the dance person emoji "yay". lol







lol oh okay.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/17/17 4:49am

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:

Yeah it's been a year we know there's a ton of them coming. Not like we can stop them. I've at least had a taste of what she's about she's written stuff has/had a YT channel and she comes off as a very interesting person. I personally think it's interesting getting a view of someone born and bred at the same time in Minn.

I am interested in his pre-fame years. I feel it is interesting time in his life and I do not think Mi-Ling is going to be saying anything bad. He was chasing her and she decided to continued to see other guys which upset him. I could see LRC being about her or any women who could not get to see him exclusivly.

I know some of his associates said he would push a nice girl away to get with the ones that really were not into him.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/17/17 11:03am

CatB


HE said that LRC was about Vanity.


"Time is space spent with U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/17/17 11:27am

morningsong

avatar

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said:

Yeah it's been a year we know there's a ton of them coming. Not like we can stop them. I've at least had a taste of what she's about she's written stuff has/had a YT channel and she comes off as a very interesting person. I personally think it's interesting getting a view of someone born and bred at the same time in Minn.

I am interested in his pre-fame years. I feel it is interesting time in his life and I do not think Mi-Ling is going to be saying anything bad. He was chasing her and she decided to continued to see other guys which upset him. I could see LRC being about her or any women who could not get to see him exclusivly.

I know some of his associates said he would push a nice girl away to get with the ones that really were not into him.



Her other explanations where pretty believable. Songs can be about more than one person. I started thinking that many years ago that a lot of his songs were about a combination of different people.

Prince liked to chase, woo and win it seems. shrug

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/17/17 11:41am

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:

laurarichardson said:

I am interested in his pre-fame years. I feel it is interesting time in his life and I do not think Mi-Ling is going to be saying anything bad. He was chasing her and she decided to continued to see other guys which upset him. I could see LRC being about her or any women who could not get to see him exclusivly.

I know some of his associates said he would push a nice girl away to get with the ones that really were not into him.



Her other explanations where pretty believable. Songs can be about more than one person. I started thinking that many years ago that a lot of his songs were about a combination of different people.

Prince liked to chase, woo and win it seems. shrug

Mi- Ling said TC Ellis told her this after he asked Prince directly.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/17/17 6:22pm

morningsong

avatar

http://www.citypages.com/music/meet-the-woman-who-inspired-princes-little-red-corvette/389864342

It's quite a few months old but still.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Ok has Mi-Ling changed her mind?