independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Mar 2019 1:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Story about auction of Prince items that was pulled
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 18 of 20 « First<11121314151617181920>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #510 posted 04/14/17 11:07am

DD55

BillieBalloon said:

Misslink88 said:

Didn't Joaquin also move to NY around the same time? Didn't P state on George Lopez that "a lot of my stuff gets stolen" too?

He moved to NY around late 97/early 98. P said on Lopez his stuff gets stolen.

Billie, He moved to NY? Did he maintain a residence in NY for any length of time?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #511 posted 04/14/17 12:06pm

Misslink88

DD55 said:

BillieBalloon said:

Misslink88 said: He moved to NY around late 97/early 98. P said on Lopez his stuff gets stolen.

Billie, He moved to NY? Did he maintain a residence in NY for any length of time?

Looks like it was January 1999.

http://www.arminrahn.com/Kuenstler/Joaquin_Cortes/Joaquin_Cortes.php?ses_res=1

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #512 posted 04/14/17 12:12pm

Misslink88

Menes said:

BillieBalloon said:

Misslink88 said: Yes they were. Mayte and Joaquin were linked as an item in the press.

Geez, you would think we were in church on Easter Sunday in here. It's so quiet. Let us pray.

Anyhoo, I bet none of her minions would dare challenge the notion that she had an affair with Joaquin PRIOR to her divorce and PRIOR to Tommy. If they believe wholeheartedly that she was faithful thru that time,( and was never accused of having an affair), they should state so. Publicly.

Even before the org got a hold of that information in 2003-04 there was an international whirlwind in the press about it. So much so that she had to proclaim her innocence. I should remind the congregation that this was BEFORE there was even a rumor about Prince and Mani having anything gping on that rose to the level of the rumors swirling around her.

The only reason that Prince's courting of Mani became part of a the rumormill in the states is because no one knew about Maytes rumored affairs in SPAIN!


Now, she was beloved in Spain so I am not sure why they would want to crucify her good name. It's not as if she was suddenly not putting asses in the seats at a concert and no longer contributing to the eoconomy. So ask yourself, If they felt so sorry for her, why even print it?

Maybe I didn't get the memo of what was said in the book, so I will ask again... Did she address her time in Spain (1998-2000) in the book and did she explain why Prince stopped visiting her while she reamained alone there? Something had to have happened.

For those of you who believe that since she had heard the rumor that "Prince is cheating on you with Mani" (she never saw it)... How is it possible that she remembered that rumor but can't remember the rumor about herself CHEATING TOO? The NSA must've redacted that part.

Absolutely no mention of any man, including Cortes, in her book while she was in Spain. She just says P wouldn't come there or did very rarely and when he did, they'd fight about Mani. Then she up and moved out in March 2000, which is when I'm assuming she packed up the contents and had them shipped into temperature controlled storage. Maybe he liked that Rave suit so much he wore it to Spain and left it there, but he changed clothing sometimes 4 or 5 times per day so I'm still wondering how she got it.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #513 posted 04/14/17 1:54pm

BillieBalloon

Misslink88 said:



Menes said:




BillieBalloon said:


Misslink88 said: Yes they were. Mayte and Joaquin were linked as an item in the press.

Geez, you would think we were in church on Easter Sunday in here. It's so quiet. Let us pray.

Anyhoo, I bet none of her minions would dare challenge the notion that she had an affair with Joaquin PRIOR to her divorce and PRIOR to Tommy. If they believe wholeheartedly that she was faithful thru that time,( and was never accused of having an affair), they should state so. Publicly.

Even before the org got a hold of that information in 2003-04 there was an international whirlwind in the press about it. So much so that she had to proclaim her innocence. I should remind the congregation that this was BEFORE there was even a rumor about Prince and Mani having anything gping on that rose to the level of the rumors swirling around her.

The only reason that Prince's courting of Mani became part of a the rumormill in the states is because no one knew about Maytes rumored affairs in SPAIN!


Now, she was beloved in Spain so I am not sure why they would want to crucify her good name. It's not as if she was suddenly not putting asses in the seats at a concert and no longer contributing to the eoconomy. So ask yourself, If they felt so sorry for her, why even print it?

Maybe I didn't get the memo of what was said in the book, so I will ask again... Did she address her time in Spain (1998-2000) in the book and did she explain why Prince stopped visiting her while she reamained alone there? Something had to have happened.

For those of you who believe that since she had heard the rumor that "Prince is cheating on you with Mani" (she never saw it)... How is it possible that she remembered that rumor but can't remember the rumor about herself CHEATING TOO? The NSA must've redacted that part.



Absolutely no mention of any man, including Cortes, in her book while she was in Spain. She just says P wouldn't come there or did very rarely and when he did, they'd fight about Mani. Then she up and moved out in March 2000, which is when I'm assuming she packed up the contents and had them shipped into temperature controlled storage. Maybe he liked that Rave suit so much he wore it to Spain and left it there, but he changed clothing sometimes 4 or 5 times per day so I'm still wondering how she got it.




Linking to rumours at the time about Cortes

https://translate.googleu...9Gd6f8u9nA
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #514 posted 04/14/17 3:13pm

DD55

Please, Forget all the infidelity by both for a minute. Let me ask…..


Why is everyone so lazier focused on this blue suit? Like he didn’t have multiple costumes? What if he spilled some tea on one, don’t you think he would have a backup? Do you think she snuck into Paisley Park and sole it? Exactly what is the fascination with this blue suit? Just asking…..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #515 posted 04/14/17 3:30pm

Misslink88

DD55 said:

Please, Forget all the infidelity by both for a minute. Let me ask…..


Why is everyone so lazier focused on this blue suit? Like he didn’t have multiple costumes? What if he spilled some tea on one, don’t you think he would have a backup? Do you think she snuck into Paisley Park and sole it? Exactly what is the fascination with this blue suit? Just asking…..

For me it's the timing and location and the fact he said she didn't have the right to ownership of his stuff. The blue suit stands out because it was used after she was gone or on her way out (she was on a different continent). Don't know when the some of the jewellry was acquired. But, if you're storing costumes that he wore onstage in a temperature controlled environment, you're thinking farther down the road than just "I'll keep them 'cause I can't bear to part with them just yet". At least, IMO, that's what it sounds like.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #516 posted 04/14/17 3:31pm

Misslink88

BillieBalloon said:

Misslink88 said:

Absolutely no mention of any man, including Cortes, in her book while she was in Spain. She just says P wouldn't come there or did very rarely and when he did, they'd fight about Mani. Then she up and moved out in March 2000, which is when I'm assuming she packed up the contents and had them shipped into temperature controlled storage. Maybe he liked that Rave suit so much he wore it to Spain and left it there, but he changed clothing sometimes 4 or 5 times per day so I'm still wondering how she got it.

Linking to rumours at the time about Cortes https://translate.googleu...9Gd6f8u9nA

There's another article on there where they asked P directly about Joaquin and the rumors. This was when she went to Cortes' show in Barcelona. I think that one was dated October 29, 1999?

[Edited 4/14/17 15:33pm]

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #517 posted 04/14/17 3:47pm

BillieBalloon

Misslink88 said:



BillieBalloon said:


Misslink88 said:


Absolutely no mention of any man, including Cortes, in her book while she was in Spain. She just says P wouldn't come there or did very rarely and when he did, they'd fight about Mani. Then she up and moved out in March 2000, which is when I'm assuming she packed up the contents and had them shipped into temperature controlled storage. Maybe he liked that Rave suit so much he wore it to Spain and left it there, but he changed clothing sometimes 4 or 5 times per day so I'm still wondering how she got it.



Linking to rumours at the time about Cortes https://translate.googleu...9Gd6f8u9nA

There's another article on there where they asked P directly about Joaquin and the rumors. This was when she went to Cortes' show in Barcelona. I think that one was dated October 29, 1999?

[Edited 4/14/17 15:33pm]




This one. They asked him directly about it.

https://translate.googleu...QgNOb-NA0Q
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #518 posted 04/14/17 4:41pm

Toban

LBrent said:

Misslink88 said:

Here's one of those situations where you can't have it both ways. If you didn't read the documents, how do you know they were legally worthless or not? And in "taking his word" did her divorce lawyer not read it as well?

Ok, let's try this again...

1) They went to the press conference where P announces they are getting an anullment (She had no idea what he was talking about)

2)They get back to the Spanish house where P tries to convince her to sign a paper that was supposedly an anullment (She refuses for the hours they argue)

3) She finally is exhausted and signs and assumes it's an anullment but she hadn't read the paper (He leaves and doesn't say anything else)

4) Finally, after waiting to hear from him, hoping to reconcile, she writes him a letter saying she feels he doesn't love her and it's over and she wants a divorce. She packs up the house, puts the stuff in storage and goes to stay in the US with her family.

Months later, after he still doesn't respond, she contacts a lawyer who prepares divorce documents and sends them to P's lawyer. The lawyer responds that she can keep the house but will not get much cash. (She's too emotionally ehausted to fight so she agrees despite her lawyer advising er to negotiate a better deal, but she just wants the divorce at this point so it'll all end)

P NEVER GOT AN ANULLMENT CUZ THE PAPERS SHE SIGNED WEREN'T LEGAL TO USE THAT WAY> THEY WERE WORTHLESS> He might've thought he could do it that way, but it's NOT LEGAL. Heck, the papers weren't even notarized and witnessed like a legal document.

NO LAWYERS WERE INVOLVED IN THE ORIGINAL PAPER SHE SIGNED. IT WASN'T A LEGAL DOCUMENT.

It's all in the book.

Sheesh

[Edited 4/9/17 18:44pm]

Regarding the annulment, is it too far of a leap to assume that Prince did seek legal counsel and did have an attorney write up a legal document for her to sign?

She assumed these to be annulment documents because he said it, but she didn’t read them?

She assumed it wasn’t granted or approved, why? She wouldn’t have seen mailing address listed on the documents to know where the court would notify her.

.

Most marriage license ask if there were a previous marriage and how it ended, i.e. M2.

Allowing boxes to be checked for death, divorce or an annulment. Which would be evidence of knowledge or a belief back in 2001

.

How long had they claimed that the marriage was only annulled before then admitting a divorce had been filed?

.

The most significant issue “today” regarding the annulment is that they had previously stated that there was an annulment, which in itself could be used as evidence of her possibly being deceived.

The next significant issue regarding the annulment is the stated reason or reasons for making the request to annul the marriage. The documents could be evidence of a claim, denial or a belief.

.

That far into the marriage and having public knowledge that the marriage had been consummated, what are the only possible claims that can be made that might qualify for an annulment?

That one of them was still being married to a third party?

That they were closely related by blood or adoption?

.

In desperation to end the marriage quick and prevent a long messy divorce, is it possible that Prince requested an annulment based upon being “closely related,” utilizing his once being her legal guardian or an attempted adoption as evidence?

Most state do not allow for a child to be disinherited unless it is specifically stated in the Will.

.

The court might consider examining their initial relationship to see if there was a reason that prevented his intent to file for a court ordered adoption. If she lived with him and there were a reason that prevented a formal adoption the court might consider it an informal adoption; a constructive adoption and Mayte his heir.

The annulment claim could be evidence of Prince acknowledging that they were closely related, via an Equitable Adoption/Constructive Adoption.

Some judges might even allow her to simply claim that she believed that she was adopted.

Establishing that some contract for adoption had been formed by a promise or by his actions should be easy to do.

The book, the hints at early romantic entanglements might be evidence against this claim.

Which would be ironic.

And which would explain why there is no push back against the book and why some might have even give their blessing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #519 posted 04/14/17 5:48pm

Misslink88

Toban said:

Regarding the annulment, is it too far of a leap to assume that Prince did seek legal counsel and did have an attorney write up a legal document for her to sign?

She assumed these to be annulment documents because he said it, but she didn’t read them?

She assumed it wasn’t granted or approved, why? She wouldn’t have seen mailing address listed on the documents to know where the court would notify her.

.

Most marriage license ask if there were a previous marriage and how it ended, i.e. M2.

Allowing boxes to be checked for death, divorce or an annulment. Which would be evidence of knowledge or a belief back in 2001

.

How long had they claimed that the marriage was only annulled before then admitting a divorce had been filed?

.

The most significant issue “today” regarding the annulment is that they had previously stated that there was an annulment, which in itself could be used as evidence of her possibly being deceived.

The next significant issue regarding the annulment is the stated reason or reasons for making the request to annul the marriage. The documents could be evidence of a claim, denial or a belief.

.

That far into the marriage and having public knowledge that the marriage had been consummated, what are the only possible claims that can be made that might qualify for an annulment?

That one of them was still being married to a third party?

That they were closely related by blood or adoption?

.

In desperation to end the marriage quick and prevent a long messy divorce, is it possible that Prince requested an annulment based upon being “closely related,” utilizing his once being her legal guardian or an attempted adoption as evidence?

Most state do not allow for a child to be disinherited unless it is specifically stated in the Will.

.

The court might consider examining their initial relationship to see if there was a reason that prevented his intent to file for a court ordered adoption. If she lived with him and there were a reason that prevented a formal adoption the court might consider it an informal adoption; a constructive adoption and Mayte his heir.

The annulment claim could be evidence of Prince acknowledging that they were closely related, via an Equitable Adoption/Constructive Adoption.

Some judges might even allow her to simply claim that she believed that she was adopted.

Establishing that some contract for adoption had been formed by a promise or by his actions should be easy to do.

The book, the hints at early romantic entanglements might be evidence against this claim.

Which would be ironic.

And which would explain why there is no push back against the book and why some might have even give their blessing.

What she wrote in her book is that she moved out of the Marbella house in March 2000 after she had written him a letter saying she understood he didn't love her any more and that he wants her out of his life without going through the legal system. Then she moves to NY and P makes an offer to give her the house. She accepts and she receives an envelope and congrats from her lawyer saying they are "divorced" less than 60 days later, in May of 2000.

They announced their annulment May 28, 1999.

http://people.com/celebrity/artist-wife-annul-marriage/

In most places, you have to live apart for 1 year before any dissolution is granted. That would be May 2000, just as she said in her book.

It's my understanding that the Legal Guardianship was signed over to him by her parents so she could work on videos in LA before she reached 18.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #520 posted 04/14/17 6:07pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Toban said:

Regarding the annulment, is it too far of a leap to assume that Prince did seek legal counsel and did have an attorney write up a legal document for her to sign?

She assumed these to be annulment documents because he said it, but she didn’t read them?

She assumed it wasn’t granted or approved, why? She wouldn’t have seen mailing address listed on the documents to know where the court would notify her.

.

Most marriage license ask if there were a previous marriage and how it ended, i.e. M2.

Allowing boxes to be checked for death, divorce or an annulment. Which would be evidence of knowledge or a belief back in 2001

.

How long had they claimed that the marriage was only annulled before then admitting a divorce had been filed?

.

The most significant issue “today” regarding the annulment is that they had previously stated that there was an annulment, which in itself could be used as evidence of her possibly being deceived.

The next significant issue regarding the annulment is the stated reason or reasons for making the request to annul the marriage. The documents could be evidence of a claim, denial or a belief.

.

That far into the marriage and having public knowledge that the marriage had been consummated, what are the only possible claims that can be made that might qualify for an annulment?

That one of them was still being married to a third party?

That they were closely related by blood or adoption?

.

In desperation to end the marriage quick and prevent a long messy divorce, is it possible that Prince requested an annulment based upon being “closely related,” utilizing his once being her legal guardian or an attempted adoption as evidence?

Most state do not allow for a child to be disinherited unless it is specifically stated in the Will.

.

The court might consider examining their initial relationship to see if there was a reason that prevented his intent to file for a court ordered adoption. If she lived with him and there were a reason that prevented a formal adoption the court might consider it an informal adoption; a constructive adoption and Mayte his heir.

The annulment claim could be evidence of Prince acknowledging that they were closely related, via an Equitable Adoption/Constructive Adoption.

Some judges might even allow her to simply claim that she believed that she was adopted.

Establishing that some contract for adoption had been formed by a promise or by his actions should be easy to do.

The book, the hints at early romantic entanglements might be evidence against this claim.

Which would be ironic.

And which would explain why there is no push back against the book and why some might have even give their blessing.

Oh Sheesh. Are you of all people going to participate in these rumors? She wasn't his child, he didn't adopt her. His lawyers insisted that they had to have a document on file in case anything happened with her. Sheesh.

.

Mayte is NOT an heir to the Prince Estate and has never asked to be heir.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #521 posted 04/14/17 7:15pm

Toban

PennyPurple said:

Toban said:

Regarding the annulment, is it too far of a leap to assume that Prince did seek legal counsel and did have an attorney write up a legal document for her to sign?

She assumed these to be annulment documents because he said it, but she didn’t read them?

She assumed it wasn’t granted or approved, why? She wouldn’t have seen mailing address listed on the documents to know where the court would notify her.

.

Most marriage license ask if there were a previous marriage and how it ended, i.e. M2.

Allowing boxes to be checked for death, divorce or an annulment. Which would be evidence of knowledge or a belief back in 2001

.

How long had they claimed that the marriage was only annulled before then admitting a divorce had been filed?

.

The most significant issue “today” regarding the annulment is that they had previously stated that there was an annulment, which in itself could be used as evidence of her possibly being deceived.

The next significant issue regarding the annulment is the stated reason or reasons for making the request to annul the marriage. The documents could be evidence of a claim, denial or a belief.

.

That far into the marriage and having public knowledge that the marriage had been consummated, what are the only possible claims that can be made that might qualify for an annulment?

That one of them was still being married to a third party?

That they were closely related by blood or adoption?

.

In desperation to end the marriage quick and prevent a long messy divorce, is it possible that Prince requested an annulment based upon being “closely related,” utilizing his once being her legal guardian or an attempted adoption as evidence?

Most state do not allow for a child to be disinherited unless it is specifically stated in the Will.

.

The court might consider examining their initial relationship to see if there was a reason that prevented his intent to file for a court ordered adoption. If she lived with him and there were a reason that prevented a formal adoption the court might consider it an informal adoption; a constructive adoption and Mayte his heir.

The annulment claim could be evidence of Prince acknowledging that they were closely related, via an Equitable Adoption/Constructive Adoption.

Some judges might even allow her to simply claim that she believed that she was adopted.

Establishing that some contract for adoption had been formed by a promise or by his actions should be easy to do.

The book, the hints at early romantic entanglements might be evidence against this claim.

Which would be ironic.

And which would explain why there is no push back against the book and why some might have even give their blessing.

Oh Sheesh. Are you of all people going to participate in these rumors? She wasn't his child, he didn't adopt her. His lawyers insisted that they had to have a document on file in case anything happened with her. Sheesh.

.

Mayte is NOT an heir to the Prince Estate and has never asked to be heir.

Not at all a rumor. The court says it, the law says it.

Legally he did owe her a parental duty until she became an adult.

Have you read recent probate law?

These particular laws are applied mainly in probate court and the laws have only recently changed over the pass few years.

Prior to gay marriages adults adoption was utilized.

Laws vary from state to state.

The court is starting to acknowledge extended families with regard to intestate succession and the decedent's intent, last Will and wish.

If he promised to take care of her until she was an adult and he acted accordingly, it may have qualified her as an heir if she likes it or not. That's just contract law.

It is a legitimate question for the court. And a legitimate for people to treat her a certain way or leave her alone.

Unless you are saying someone or some people have overstated the meaning of "long distance romance" "moving in" became her legal guardian/adoption, phone calls, his initial interest, their initial relationship, etc... when it was Nothing But a Business Arangement?

Works for me... I hate unprovable rumors. Thanks for clearing that up.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #522 posted 04/14/17 7:30pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Toban said:

PennyPurple said:

Oh Sheesh. Are you of all people going to participate in these rumors? She wasn't his child, he didn't adopt her. His lawyers insisted that they had to have a document on file in case anything happened with her. Sheesh.

.

Mayte is NOT an heir to the Prince Estate and has never asked to be heir.

Not at all a rumor. The court says it, the law says it.

Legally he did owe her a parental duty until she became an adult.

Have you read recent probate law?

These particular laws are applied mainly in probate court and the laws have only recently changed over the pass few years.

Prior to gay marriages adults adoption was utilized.

Laws vary from state to state.

The court is starting to acknowledge extended families with regard to intestate succession and the decedent's intent, last Will and wish.

If he promised to take care of her until she was an adult and he acted accordingly, it may have qualified her as an heir if she likes it or not. That's just contract law.

It is a legitimate question for the court. And a legitimate for people to treat her a certain way or leave her alone.

Unless you are saying someone or some people have overstated the meaning of "long distance romance" "moving in" became her legal guardian/adoption, phone calls, his initial interest, their initial relationship, etc... when it was Nothing But a Business Arangement?

Works for me... I hate unprovable rumors. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, maybe she should check it out then. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #523 posted 04/15/17 7:18pm

Toban

PennyPurple said:

Toban said:

By the way, that jewelry box Vanity made, anybody mention it's size? The white one with pearls? I doubt he could move it.

Well, maybe she should check it out then. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #524 posted 04/16/17 2:24am

BillieBalloon

Toban said:



PennyPurple said:




Toban said:



By the way, that jewelry box Vanity made, anybody mention it's size? The white one with pearls? I doubt he could move it.





Well, maybe she should check it out then. biggrin






I would love to see a picture of it. It meant a lot Prince by all accounts.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #525 posted 04/16/17 11:31am

Toban

To be fair Mayte wasn’t the only person involved in that auction.

But since people know about the jewelry box I am now curious about all the other items that were up for auction.

.

To be honest that would change things. Something like that would be worth stopping an auction.

Pieces like that have significant meaning. If she had it or some other things like it and she knew its history that is a completely different story.

.

Denise usually customized or hand-made her gifts and rarely purchased them. I can think of two things that she purchased specifically for me. 1) In 2000, a personalized Bible spelling my name incorrectly “Toban,” which is how she had always pronounced it. And which I later began using as my pen-name. 2) A sliced of rock which is translucent. Her way of telling me that she knew me, read and understood my poem “Driftwood.”

Meaning, even when she gifted something she bought it still had deep significant meaning.

And "Vanity" was creating a lot of personalized "graphic" Prince art back then.

.

How do you sell or auction something like that?

If you know someone knows the history, how do you get it back?

Personally, it is possible for me tell my little story of poetry and let go.

The story behind the jewelry box and the other things she created during that particular artistic stage can’t be easily explained or displayed.

.

.

Also, as said to be fair, Mayte wasn't the only person involved in the auction

and may not have been the person to first initiate contact with the auction house.

The representative first spoke with Denise on Jan. 28, 2016.

Looking for a recommendation, after a fashion, Denise ask about the others who had consignments for the event (set for March or April).

So it is possible that Prince lawsuit had nothing to do with Mayte's items, but rather something or someone else.

Who knows, to be fair, it could have even been due to Denise.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #526 posted 04/16/17 2:03pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Toban said:

To be fair Mayte wasn’t the only person involved in that auction.

But since people know about the jewelry box I am now curious about all the other items that were up for auction.

.

To be honest that would change things. Something like that would be worth stopping an auction.

Pieces like that have significant meaning. If she had it or some other things like it and she knew its history that is a completely different story.

.

Denise usually customized or hand-made her gifts and rarely purchased them. I can think of two things that she purchased specifically for me. 1) In 2000, a personalized Bible spelling my name incorrectly “Toban,” which is how she had always pronounced it. And which I later began using as my pen-name. 2) A sliced of rock which is translucent. Her way of telling me that she knew me, read and understood my poem “Driftwood.”

Meaning, even when she gifted something she bought it still had deep significant meaning.

And "Vanity" was creating a lot of personalized "graphic" Prince art back then.

.

How do you sell or auction something like that?

If you know someone knows the history, how do you get it back?

Personally, it is possible for me tell my little story of poetry and let go.

The story behind the jewelry box and the other things she created during that particular artistic stage can’t be easily explained or displayed.

.

.

Also, as said to be fair, Mayte wasn't the only person involved in the auction

and may not have been the person to first initiate contact with the auction house.

The representative first spoke with Denise on Jan. 28, 2016.

Looking for a recommendation, after a fashion, Denise ask about the others who had consignments for the event (set for March or April).

So it is possible that Prince lawsuit had nothing to do with Mayte's items, but rather something or someone else.

Who knows, to be fair, it could have even been due to Denise.

I hope you didn't misunderstand, or I either. The jewelry box that Denise made for Prince was never up for auction, and never in Maytes possession. From what I saw here on the org, I think it was still on Prince's dresser.

[Edited 4/16/17 14:11pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #527 posted 04/16/17 2:24pm

Vashtix

BillieBalloon said:

Toban said:

I would love to see a picture of it. It meant a lot Prince by all accounts.

I took would love to see it. Denise was such a talented woman. It is said to be beautiful.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #528 posted 04/16/17 2:34pm

purplegirl00

PennyPurple said:

Toban said:

To be fair Mayte wasn’t the only person involved in that auction.

But since people know about the jewelry box I am now curious about all the other items that were up for auction.

.

To be honest that would change things. Something like that would be worth stopping an auction.

Pieces like that have significant meaning. If she had it or some other things like it and she knew its history that is a completely different story.

.

Denise usually customized or hand-made her gifts and rarely purchased them. I can think of two things that she purchased specifically for me. 1) In 2000, a personalized Bible spelling my name incorrectly “Toban,” which is how she had always pronounced it. And which I later began using as my pen-name. 2) A sliced of rock which is translucent. Her way of telling me that she knew me, read and understood my poem “Driftwood.”

Meaning, even when she gifted something she bought it still had deep significant meaning.

And "Vanity" was creating a lot of personalized "graphic" Prince art back then.

.

How do you sell or auction something like that?

If you know someone knows the history, how do you get it back?

Personally, it is possible for me tell my little story of poetry and let go.

The story behind the jewelry box and the other things she created during that particular artistic stage can’t be easily explained or displayed.

.

.

Also, as said to be fair, Mayte wasn't the only person involved in the auction

and may not have been the person to first initiate contact with the auction house.

The representative first spoke with Denise on Jan. 28, 2016.

Looking for a recommendation, after a fashion, Denise ask about the others who had consignments for the event (set for March or April).

So it is possible that Prince lawsuit had nothing to do with Mayte's items, but rather something or someone else.

Who knows, to be fair, it could have even been due to Denise.

I hope you didn't misunderstand, or I either. The jewelry box that Denise made for Prince was never up for auction, and never in Maytes possession. From what I saw here on the org, I think it was still on Prince's dresser.

[Edited 4/16/17 14:11pm]

confuse

Wait, I didn't think the jewelry box was one of the auction items either, but since Prince worn jewelry was, it might make sense that the box would be too?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #529 posted 04/16/17 2:35pm

Vashtix

Toban said:

To be fair Mayte wasn’t the only person involved in that auction.

But since people know about the jewelry box I am now curious about all the other items that were up for auction.

.

To be honest that would change things. Something like that would be worth stopping an auction.

Pieces like that have significant meaning. If she had it or some other things like it and she knew its history that is a completely different story.

.

Denise usually customized or hand-made her gifts and rarely purchased them. I can think of two things that she purchased specifically for me. 1) In 2000, a personalized Bible spelling my name incorrectly “Toban,” which is how she had always pronounced it. And which I later began using as my pen-name. 2) A sliced of rock which is translucent. Her way of telling me that she knew me, read and understood my poem “Driftwood.”

Meaning, even when she gifted something she bought it still had deep significant meaning.

And "Vanity" was creating a lot of personalized "graphic" Prince art back then.

.

How do you sell or auction something like that?

If you know someone knows the history, how do you get it back?

Personally, it is possible for me tell my little story of poetry and let go.

The story behind the jewelry box and the other things she created during that particular artistic stage can’t be easily explained or displayed.

.

.

Also, as said to be fair, Mayte wasn't the only person involved in the auction

and may not have been the person to first initiate contact with the auction house.

The representative first spoke with Denise on Jan. 28, 2016.

Looking for a recommendation, after a fashion, Denise ask about the others who had consignments for the event (set for March or April).

So it is possible that Prince lawsuit had nothing to do with Mayte's items, but rather something or someone else.

Who knows, to be fair, it could have even been due to Denise.

Hi Toban!

It is good to see you posting again.

Are you saying the jewelry box was going to be part of the auction? We did know about the jewelry box and she signed something inside to him. I have never seen it but would love to have seen it.

I am in agreement in your theory that Prince was respecting the privacy of others in contacting Mayte about the items , she may still have items that were his from others.

It is an interesting bit of information because as you wonder what else is there in question.

It was also said that Vanity did the 1999 cover also - she was very talented.

My question is why did Prince not try to get his things back sooner. Did he not know who had them? I believe if people were as close to Prince as they say they are they had to know about the jewelry box. He told his people it was made by Vanity and we were told it was beautiful and inspired him to write Diamonds and Pearls.

Thanks for sharing this information.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #530 posted 04/16/17 2:51pm

PennyPurple

avatar

purplegirl00 said:

PennyPurple said:

I hope you didn't misunderstand, or I either. The jewelry box that Denise made for Prince was never up for auction, and never in Maytes possession. From what I saw here on the org, I think it was still on Prince's dresser.

[Edited 4/16/17 14:11pm]

confuse

Wait, I didn't think the jewelry box was one of the auction items either, but since Prince worn jewelry was, it might make sense that the box would be too?

No, I do not believe that Mayte was ever in possession of that box. I believe Prince still had it in his bedroom, at least that was what people were saying here on the org. Again, Mayte has never been in possession of that box.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #531 posted 04/16/17 2:57pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

Ottensen said:

Izzybee20 said:

[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...

....Bitter? or someone who wasn't a young girl anymore that could be ordered around. There comes a time in a female's life where you are ready to own your womanhood and not bow down to people just because they are bigger, better, stronger, faster, or richer than you are. Standing up for yourself does not always consititute bitter. It simply means that you're not afraid to go into self-preservation mode if someone fk**cs with you, and I don't believe a woman should be villified for that.

YES! You Go, Girl!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #532 posted 04/16/17 3:37pm

NotACleverName

avatar

PennyPurple said:



purplegirl00 said:



PennyPurple said:

I hope you didn't misunderstand, or I either. The jewelry box that Denise made for Prince was never up for auction, and never in Maytes possession. From what I saw here on the org, I think it was still on Prince's dresser.

[Edited 4/16/17 14:11pm]

confuse

Wait, I didn't think the jewelry box was one of the auction items either, but since Prince worn jewelry was, it might make sense that the box would be too?


No, I do not believe that Mayte was ever in possession of that box. I believe Prince still had it in his bedroom, at least that was what people were saying here on the org. Again, Mayte has never been in possession of that box.


I hear ya, Penny! I don't know how many times you need to clarify that Mayte was NEVER, EVER in possession of said jewelry box before they get it. This concerted effort to find fault with Mayte and her actions is getting tiresome.

I actually tried finding the thread that discussed the jewelry box in question but it might have been on a thread that was pulled. I did find this thread, however: http://prince.org/msg/5/4...&pg=2. Interestingly, TOB participated (Reply #38) and indicated Denise was waiting on approval to post on the org. Wonder what ever happened. Anyhoo, it appeared Denise was selling Vanity memorabilia and some were questioning how she could do that when she claimed to have destroyed EVERYTHING related to her time as Vanity. I guess no past associate of Prince's is above peddling their wares.
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #533 posted 04/16/17 3:49pm

Toban

PennyPurple said:

Toban said:

To be fair Mayte wasn’t the only person involved in that auction.

But since people know about the jewelry box I am now curious about all the other items that were up for auction.

.

To be honest that would change things. Something like that would be worth stopping an auction.

Pieces like that have significant meaning. If she had it or some other things like it and she knew its history that is a completely different story.

.

Denise usually customized or hand-made her gifts and rarely purchased them. I can think of two things that she purchased specifically for me. 1) In 2000, a personalized Bible spelling my name incorrectly “Toban,” which is how she had always pronounced it. And which I later began using as my pen-name. 2) A sliced of rock which is translucent. Her way of telling me that she knew me, read and understood my poem “Driftwood.”

Meaning, even when she gifted something she bought it still had deep significant meaning.

And "Vanity" was creating a lot of personalized "graphic" Prince art back then.

.

How do you sell or auction something like that?

If you know someone knows the history, how do you get it back?

Personally, it is possible for me tell my little story of poetry and let go.

The story behind the jewelry box and the other things she created during that particular artistic stage can’t be easily explained or displayed.

.

.

Also, as said to be fair, Mayte wasn't the only person involved in the auction

and may not have been the person to first initiate contact with the auction house.

The representative first spoke with Denise on Jan. 28, 2016.

Looking for a recommendation, after a fashion, Denise ask about the others who had consignments for the event (set for March or April).

So it is possible that Prince lawsuit had nothing to do with Mayte's items, but rather something or someone else.

Who knows, to be fair, it could have even been due to Denise.

I hope you didn't misunderstand, or I either. The jewelry box that Denise made for Prince was never up for auction, and never in Maytes possession. From what I saw here on the org, I think it was still on Prince's dresser.

[Edited 4/16/17 14:11pm]

I am not saying that the jewelry box was there either. I am saying “if” it had been or “if” things such as that jewelry box were part of the auction, I’d fully understand why Prince would file the lawsuit.

The Nate D. Sanders representative told Denise that the other consignment accounts (plural) for that auction were all new (accounts) and really couldn’t give her a proper recommendation of Nate D. Sander’s services. I took this to mean more than just Mayte was involved.

Furthermore, the story states she had jewelry only.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #534 posted 04/16/17 4:22pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Things that were being sold at that auction were from Owen Husney, Dez and Mayte.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #535 posted 04/16/17 4:30pm

purplegirl00

Toban said:

PennyPurple said:

I hope you didn't misunderstand, or I either. The jewelry box that Denise made for Prince was never up for auction, and never in Maytes possession. From what I saw here on the org, I think it was still on Prince's dresser.

[Edited 4/16/17 14:11pm]

I am not saying that the jewelry box was there either. I am saying “if” it had been or “if” things such as that jewelry box were part of the auction, I’d fully understand why Prince would file the lawsuit.

The Nate D. Sanders representative told Denise that the other consignment accounts (plural) for that auction were all new (accounts) and really couldn’t give her a proper recommendation of Nate D. Sander’s services. I took this to mean more than just Mayte was involved.

Furthermore, the story states she had jewelry only.

Thanks for clarifying! It makes sense. I hadn't seen where the jewelry box was mentioned before you brought up the size. So when you said that now that people are aware of it, you wondered if there were other items for auction. I thought that meant the jewelry box was one. I wasn't sure if I missed something in earlier pages. I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #536 posted 04/16/17 4:49pm

Toban

NotACleverName said:

PennyPurple said:

No, I do not believe that Mayte was ever in possession of that box. I believe Prince still had it in his bedroom, at least that was what people were saying here on the org. Again, Mayte has never been in possession of that box.

I hear ya, Penny! I don't know how many times you need to clarify that Mayte was NEVER, EVER in possession of said jewelry box before they get it. This concerted effort to find fault with Mayte and her actions is getting tiresome. I actually tried finding the thread that discussed the jewelry box in question but it might have been on a thread that was pulled. I did find this thread, however: http://prince.org/msg/5/4...&pg=2. Interestingly, TOB participated (Reply #38) and indicated Denise was waiting on approval to post on the org. Wonder what ever happened. Anyhoo, it appeared Denise was selling Vanity memorabilia and some were questioning how she could do that when she claimed to have destroyed EVERYTHING related to her time as Vanity. I guess no past associate of Prince's is above peddling their wares.

Was there a question somewhere in there?

.

I remain objective. Why people chose to not see it is beyond me.

If Denise read threads and chose not to engage here after waiting the 5 days to post it is very understandable.

Back then I suggested that she come here. Today, I definitely couldn't recommend it.

.

Because she had destroyed so many things Denise had to collect items from friends and family to write her book.

Some people would send pictures for her to sign and she'd make copies.

I noticed most of the news paper articles were from Canandian papers.

Others had been signed by her when she given it to someone, and had ask for it back when she was started her book.

.

Any other questions?

.

This is my first comment on this thread regarding Mayte auctioning "her" things.

#34

.

Without knowing anything about Mayte this is my first thought…

She should sell all the stuff that means so much to so many others,

because that “stuff” is rarely, if ever, as important or as precious as those odd particular little items

that seemingly hold no monetary value.

Those pieces that spark a memory, which no else knows its meaning,

which would be auctioned off for pennies, those are the ones you secret away, hold close,

those are the ones you keep.

.

It may offend his fans, but in time most will understand

the difficulty in living in a constant contradiction of the twilight,

cast by the light of a superstar and then his shadow.

Even to find his afterglow nonetheless blinding and too overshadowing.

.

.

Remember at the end of the movie “Notting Hill?” During her press conference,

in a room filled with news reporters, due to her celebrity

they both knew what would happen the moment they acknowledged their relationship.

The hope to trust, a leap of faith and on her promise the life he had known immediately came to an end.

She had been through it, was used to it and was prepared for it… but there was no way possible that he was prepared for it.

.

Prince made a similar promise to Mayte. Where her life ended and their life began, or rather where her life became a part, a portion or an extension of his.

However, that portion of his life was entrusted as a gifted promise to her.

An invitation to freely do with as she pleases… as his friend, as his muse,

as his wife and as the mother of his child.

And now, while still feeling an obligatory burden to continue carrying the many secrets of their private life,

she shouldn’t have to burden herself with also carrying material “things.”

.

I’d advise her to give away, lend, lease and or sell everything to those that find equal if not more value in them than she does.

.

Just a thought.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #537 posted 04/16/17 4:55pm

Misslink88

NotACleverName said:

PennyPurple said:

No, I do not believe that Mayte was ever in possession of that box. I believe Prince still had it in his bedroom, at least that was what people were saying here on the org. Again, Mayte has never been in possession of that box.

I hear ya, Penny! I don't know how many times you need to clarify that Mayte was NEVER, EVER in possession of said jewelry box before they get it. This concerted effort to find fault with Mayte and her actions is getting tiresome. I actually tried finding the thread that discussed the jewelry box in question but it might have been on a thread that was pulled. I did find this thread, however: http://prince.org/msg/5/4...&pg=2. Interestingly, TOB participated (Reply #38) and indicated Denise was waiting on approval to post on the org. Wonder what ever happened. Anyhoo, it appeared Denise was selling Vanity memorabilia and some were questioning how she could do that when she claimed to have destroyed EVERYTHING related to her time as Vanity. I guess no past associate of Prince's is above peddling their wares.

There is a difference in auctioning off your own items and items worn/owned by P. The link I posted on the auction in this thread contained ALL the items that were listed with Nate D. Saunders. There was no jewelry box included. Mayte's lot was several of his stage worn costumes and jewelry, their china, her engagement ring and notes, plus some other things.

Owen had the guitar, tapes and notes. They were separate lots but were combined into one sale because they were Prince related.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #538 posted 04/16/17 5:03pm

Toban

purplegirl00 said:

Toban said:

I am not saying that the jewelry box was there either. I am saying “if” it had been or “if” things such as that jewelry box were part of the auction, I’d fully understand why Prince would file the lawsuit.

The Nate D. Sanders representative told Denise that the other consignment accounts (plural) for that auction were all new (accounts) and really couldn’t give her a proper recommendation of Nate D. Sander’s services. I took this to mean more than just Mayte was involved.

Furthermore, the story states she had jewelry only.

Thanks for clarifying! It makes sense. I hadn't seen where the jewelry box was mentioned before you brought up the size. So when you said that now that people are aware of it, you wondered if there were other items for auction. I thought that meant the jewelry box was one. I wasn't sure if I missed something in earlier pages. I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

You are correct. My post was out of the blue.

I had been ask about the jewelry box, but thought it rude and did not wish to post on PennyPurple's book thread since I had not read the book.

Sorry for the confusion.

DeBorah had recently spoken about a jewelry box, both hers and his.

Her description makes me believe that there was more than one box, a much, much larger box.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #539 posted 04/16/17 5:29pm

NotACleverName

avatar

Misslink88 said:



NotACleverName said:


PennyPurple said:

No, I do not believe that Mayte was ever in possession of that box. I believe Prince still had it in his bedroom, at least that was what people were saying here on the org. Again, Mayte has never been in possession of that box.


I hear ya, Penny! I don't know how many times you need to clarify that Mayte was NEVER, EVER in possession of said jewelry box before they get it. This concerted effort to find fault with Mayte and her actions is getting tiresome. I actually tried finding the thread that discussed the jewelry box in question but it might have been on a thread that was pulled. I did find this thread, however: http://prince.org/msg/5/4...&pg=2. Interestingly, TOB participated (Reply #38) and indicated Denise was waiting on approval to post on the org. Wonder what ever happened. Anyhoo, it appeared Denise was selling Vanity memorabilia and some were questioning how she could do that when she claimed to have destroyed EVERYTHING related to her time as Vanity. I guess no past associate of Prince's is above peddling their wares.

There is a difference in auctioning off your own items and items worn/owned by P. The link I posted on the auction in this thread contained ALL the items that were listed with Nate D. Saunders. There was no jewelry box included. Mayte's lot was several of his stage worn costumes and jewelry, their china, her engagement ring and notes, plus some other things.

Owen had the guitar, tapes and notes. They were separate lots but were combined into one sale because they were Prince related.


Those were HER items.....if you had read the book, you would realize that she was AWARDED the HOUSE in SPAIN and ALL the CONTENTS in the final divorce decree. Irregardless of the fact that Prince wore them, they were hers, for all intents and purposes, to do with as she pleased. It has also been mentioned that she made several attempts to return them to Prince. Additionally, there was also a podcast, that those who were questioning why the auction was stopped, were referred to that explained, in fact, the auction was stopped by Prince because of the items Owen Husney had listed. Mayte's items had been combined with Owen's and therefore, the sale her items were stopped by default. Prince did not go after Mayte.
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 18 of 20 « First<11121314151617181920>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Story about auction of Prince items that was pulled