independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Nov 2017 3:16pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Shelby J. promoting Mayte's book
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/15/17 7:08am

rogifan

Shelby J. promoting Mayte's book

Hmm...I wonder how they got to be so friendly. Also curious if she's actually read the book. What Shelby shared was from MJM Premier which is a marketing agency...

https://www.facebook.com/...2824202326
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/15/17 7:37am

bondno9

avatar

rogifan said:

Hmm...I wonder how they got to be so friendly. Also curious if she's actually read the book. What Shelby shared was from MJM Premier which is a marketing agency... https://www.facebook.com/...2824202326

Mayte is now a client of MJM Premier which also manages Shelby. Monica McKnight, owns MJM Premier. Also interesting is that Prince allegedly was a client of MJM in the past. They did artwork for him or something.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/15/17 8:05am

MrNelson7

Yeah... I also wonder if Shelby has actually read the book. I have no problem with Mayte sharing her story, but I don't know if I would actively promote it...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/15/17 8:30am

bondno9

avatar

And then saying how awesome it is?!? UGH makes me ill to my stomach. Awesome?!? no no no! feeling ill

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/15/17 9:42am

sonshine

avatar

Shelby gives off a warm, generous, positive energy type vibe. Not sure how or when they became close friends, but they have spent quite a bit of time together immediately following his passing. It's a good thing.
Have you had your plus sign (+) today?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/15/17 1:37pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

sonshine said:

Shelby gives off a warm, generous, positive energy type vibe. Not sure how or when they became close friends, but they have spent quite a bit of time together immediately following his passing. It's a good thing.


yeahthat

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/15/17 3:21pm

rogifan

bondno9 said:



rogifan said:


Hmm...I wonder how they got to be so friendly. Also curious if she's actually read the book. What Shelby shared was from MJM Premier which is a marketing agency... https://www.facebook.com/...2824202326


Mayte is now a client of MJM Premier which also manages Shelby. Monica McKnight, owns MJM Premier. Also interesting is that Prince allegedly was a client of MJM in the past. They did artwork for him or something.


Ah, makes sense now. Monica is Shelby's manager. In the Roland Martin interview she thanked Monica for handling all the media right after Prince died as Shelby didn't want to talk to anyone. If I remember correctly Shelby put out a statement and then didn't say anything for over a month.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever πŸ’œ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/16/17 4:52am

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

Hmm...I wonder how they got to be so friendly. Also curious if she's actually read the book. What Shelby shared was from MJM Premier which is a marketing agency...

https://www.facebook.com/...2824202326

She probaly has not read it yet and I bet Prince never talked about his feelings about M1 to anyone as someone would have ran their mouth for a buck.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/16/17 4:37pm

Tresha68

Miss Shelby J is a beautiful soul. I understand how she and Mayte are so close. Both deeply loved Prince. Both genuine and human. Adore them both. Not a hash-tagger, I see genuineness in them both. My opinion, no one needs to agree. <3

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/18/17 1:42pm

joytotheworld

Tresha68 said:

Miss Shelby J is a beautiful soul. I understand how she and Mayte are so close. Both deeply loved Prince. Both genuine and human. Adore them both. Not a hash-tagger, I see genuineness in them both. My opinion, no one needs to agree. <3

Although, I agree with you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/18/17 2:38pm

paradise000

avatar

joytotheworld said:



Tresha68 said:


Miss Shelby J is a beautiful soul. I understand how she and Mayte are so close. Both deeply loved Prince. Both genuine and human. Adore them both. Not a hash-tagger, I see genuineness in them both. My opinion, no one needs to agree. <3




Although, I agree with you.



Same hereπŸ’œ
'cause you got to know...how I feel about you babe
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/20/17 5:54pm

206Michelle

rogifan said:

Hmm...I wonder how they got to be so friendly. Also curious if she's actually read the book. What Shelby shared was from MJM Premier which is a marketing agency... https://www.facebook.com/...2824202326

Both Shelby J and Mayte took part in the Sheila E.-headlined tribute to P at the BET Awards. I have no idea what kind of relationship Shelby J and Mayte, but they certainly know each other because of the tribute and possibly other events as well.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Shelby J. promoting Mayte's book