independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 15th Aug 2018 12:22pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > The Time On Tour. Win Free Tix in NYC.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/07/14 12:53pm

JoeBala

The Time On Tour. Win Free Tix in NYC.

New Year! New chances for FREE TIX!
High school band mate of Prince and co-star in the film Purple Rain, Morris Day, will be performing at B.B. King Blues Club with his band, The Time, on Fri. Jan.17 @8:00PM & 10:30PM.
For a chance to win, like or share this post.
Two winners will each receive a pair of tickets at random.
http://www.bbkingblues.co...hp?id=3286

New Year! New chances for FREE TIX! High school band mate of @[103754739663042:274:Prince] and co-star in the film Purple Rain, @[113527285323947:274:Morris Day], will be performing at B.B. King Blues Club with his band, @[112375928773832:274:The Time], on Fri. Jan.17 @8:00PM & 10:30PM.  For a chance to win, like or share this post.  Two winners will each receive a pair of tickets at random.  <a href=http://www.bbkingblues.co...hp?id=3286" width="399" height="225" />
Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/08/14 10:41am

JoeBala

Please delete. You have to like BB Kings on facebook in NYC to enter. I know alot of members are not from here, so...

Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/17/14 2:36pm

chocolate1

avatar

I'll be there tonight.

Didn't know about the contest, but we're going there to have fun. biggrin


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/17/14 2:50pm

2elijah

avatar

chocolate1 said:

I'll be there tonight.

Didn't know about the contest, but we're going there to have fun. biggrin



Enjoy!!
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/17/14 9:46pm

ficktyt

Just got back from the 10:30 show. Only played a little more than an hour. Same old, same old, but still fun once every year or two. Just not the same without Jerome though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/17/14 10:32pm

chocolate1

avatar

ficktyt said:

Just got back from the 10:30 show. Only played a little more than an hour. Same old, same old, but still fun once every year or two. Just not the same without Jerome though.



I was there... We missed each other again. lol

I was kind of disappointed. I've never seen him, other than opening for Prince once...
It was so short, I ordered dessert and had to ask for a to-go container... disbelief

Yeah, the "new Jerome".... confused


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/18/14 3:31am

insomnia

avatar

I stayed for both sets, just because Morris and The Time don't play a huge amount of shows. Given that I was too young to see them in their heyday, this might be the only chance I have to do so.

I wasn't expecting any radical reinvention of the songs, just to drink, dance and have a good time.


I will say that BB Kings is one of my least favorite concert venues in the city, given their lovely combo of midtown cash grabbing and indifferent to awful service. The sound and sight lĂ­nes are pretty good, but I still can't bring myself to go there unless they are the only local option for a specific performer
Everything old is new again...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/18/14 5:05am

chocolate1

avatar

I don't mind BB King's, but there are definitely "less touristy" places to go.

My friends went there with a similar goal- to dance and be silly- but the vibe was off...

Oh, well...that's my first show of 2014, so I'll add it to the repertoire and get ready for the next adventure. biggrin


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/18/14 5:18am

insomnia

avatar

chocolate1 said:

I don't mind BB King's, but there are definitely "less touristy" places to go.



My friends went there with a similar goal- to dance and be silly- but the vibe was off...



Oh, well...that's my first show of 2014, so I'll add it to the repertoire and get ready for the next adventure. biggrin



I definitely agree that the vibe was off. Too many people being way too serious.
Everything old is new again...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/18/14 5:40am

chocolate1

avatar

insomnia said:

chocolate1 said:

I don't mind BB King's, but there are definitely "less touristy" places to go.

My friends went there with a similar goal- to dance and be silly- but the vibe was off...

Oh, well...that's my first show of 2014, so I'll add it to the repertoire and get ready for the next adventure. biggrin

I definitely agree that the vibe was off. Too many people being way too serious.




Not sure if I detect shade...

I'm glad you had a great time, tho. That's what it's all about. wink


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/18/14 5:55am

insomnia

avatar

chocolate1 said:



insomnia said:


chocolate1 said:

I don't mind BB King's, but there are definitely "less touristy" places to go.



My friends went there with a similar goal- to dance and be silly- but the vibe was off...



Oh, well...that's my first show of 2014, so I'll add it to the repertoire and get ready for the next adventure. biggrin



I definitely agree that the vibe was off. Too many people being way too serious.




Not sure if I detect shade...

I'm glad you had a great time, tho. That's what it's all about. wink




No shade at all. I noticed a large chunk of people at both sets who were determined not to dance or smile, and it was ....odd. It kind of knocked me slightly off of my happy mood, but we recovered. smile
Everything old is new again...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/18/14 7:38am

wonder505

I was at the show last night too.I love me some MOrris Day and The Time but last night's show was dissappointing, short and I think the band was on autopilot. Not feeling the new Jerome at all but hey, whatever. lol The vibe was off for real!Either way, it was a great night to hang out and dance and hear the classics cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > The Time On Tour. Win Free Tix in NYC.