independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Feb 2019 9:19am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > superconductor CD in stores???
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/03/12 7:08am

luvsexy4all

superconductor CD in stores???

anyone know if this is in ANY stores?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/03/12 8:42am

banks

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

anyone know if this is in ANY stores?

you can order the CD from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/SUP...=andy+allo

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/03/12 3:35pm

dJJ

There is no Amazon in Holland.

Is there any other place to buy it over here in Amsterdam?

And has the CD been sent to any international media?

I haven't read any revies about it in the papers.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/05/12 9:23am

kdavis

avatar

Just got my CD copy from Amazon. Gold-ish colored CD, in a digipack. Data track on CD containing .pdf file of a 12 page "booklet" contianing lyrics, credits and great photos of Andy.

[Edited 12/5/12 9:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/06/12 6:36am

luvsexy4all

banks said:

luvsexy4all said:

anyone know if this is in ANY stores?

you can order the CD from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/SUP...=andy+allo

yes but i cant get mail....need a CD store

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/06/12 7:49am

kdavis

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

banks said:

you can order the CD from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/SUP...=andy+allo

yes but i cant get mail....need a CD store

Then I guess the short answer is no.

They've clearly made a decision to give this physical CD the broadest possible distribution involving the least amount of effort as possible - shipping a few cases to Amazon to let them mail them out. Heck, the CD packaging wasn't even designed with a barcode - Amazon stuck a barcode sticker on the plastic wrap.

So, yes, they lose out on some sales due to the limitations of distributing through Amazon but, in reality, Amazon IS the channel through which the vast majority of customers can be reached.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/08/12 8:40am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Just ordered mine from Amazon....

cool

"When you listen to fools, the Mob Rules" - Black Sabbath
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/09/12 2:52pm

dJJ

kdavis said:

luvsexy4all said:

yes but i cant get mail....need a CD store

Then I guess the short answer is no.

They've clearly made a decision to give this physical CD the broadest possible distribution involving the least amount of effort as possible - shipping a few cases to Amazon to let them mail them out. Heck, the CD packaging wasn't even designed with a barcode - Amazon stuck a barcode sticker on the plastic wrap.

So, yes, they lose out on some sales due to the limitations of distributing through Amazon but, in reality, Amazon IS the channel through which the vast majority of customers can be reached.

Understand that. But do hate it that there is no Dutch Amazon.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/11/12 9:24am

databank

avatar

dJJ said:

kdavis said:

Then I guess the short answer is no.

They've clearly made a decision to give this physical CD the broadest possible distribution involving the least amount of effort as possible - shipping a few cases to Amazon to let them mail them out. Heck, the CD packaging wasn't even designed with a barcode - Amazon stuck a barcode sticker on the plastic wrap.

So, yes, they lose out on some sales due to the limitations of distributing through Amazon but, in reality, Amazon IS the channel through which the vast majority of customers can be reached.

Understand that. But do hate it that there is no Dutch Amazon.

What's your problem here? I'm French but sometimes I ordered shit on the British, German or American sites cuz what I wanted wasn't on the French site. The shipping cost is a bit higher but nothing terrible really.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/11/12 9:26am

databank

avatar

^ That + the fact Amazon would certainly be happy to open a Dutch franchise if you come to them with some investments and a good business plan. So just quit your job and do this and get rich in the process and then you'll be able to order Andy's CD on a Dutch Amazon. Simple as that!

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/11/12 2:02pm

tc012009

I'm in Ireland, I ordered the CD from Amazon.com last Monday and it arrived on Thursday.

Three days shipping from the US is pretty good, it frequently takes longer for items to arrive from the UK.

The album is great IMO, well work picking up.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/11/12 3:18pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

tc012009 said:

I'm in Ireland, I ordered the CD from Amazon.com last Monday and it arrived on Thursday.

Three days shipping from the US is pretty good, it frequently takes longer for items to arrive from the UK.

The album is great IMO, well work picking up.

Takes longer than that to get stuff in the U.S. mail...even if you live in the U.S.. razz lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/12/12 8:34am

dJJ

databank said:

dJJ said:

Understand that. But do hate it that there is no Dutch Amazon.

What's your problem here? I'm French but sometimes I ordered shit on the British, German or American sites cuz what I wanted wasn't on the French site. The shipping cost is a bit higher but nothing terrible really.

True

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/12/12 8:35am

dJJ

databank said:

^ That + the fact Amazon would certainly be happy to open a Dutch franchise if you come to them with some investments and a good business plan. So just quit your job and do this and get rich in the process and then you'll be able to order Andy's CD on a Dutch Amazon. Simple as that!

They've tried, didn't work out over here.

We already got used to Bol.com

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/14/12 8:11am

luvsexy4all

no village NYC stores sellin it???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/15/12 6:34am

kdavis

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

no village NYC stores sellin it???

Amazon is the only source. they can't even launch the e-commerce portion of Allo's own site to sell CDs or the rumored USB version.

On a related note, fDeluxe managed to get a new CD and beautiful book to me yesterday, purchased through their own site.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/16/12 4:45am

NouveauDance

avatar

I think this might be a case of Amazon.com being the only place to get this. So maybe it's buy it now.... or never for the physical CD?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/16/12 8:33am

SometimesIwond
er

My copy arrived in the post from the states yesterday, Hallelujah!! smile It's definitely a much better sound than on my iTunes/iPhone. The layers of the sounds are much deeper on the cd. Still to listen to the cd in the car, it'll sound really good on that I bet! biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/18/12 7:16am

dJJ

Well, I haven't ordered it yet.

Just don't feel like going through the whole trouble of making an account on amazon Germany.

I sincerely hope that if Prince releases another album, he will think of his Dutch fans and make sure his CD's can be obtained otherwise, eg. bol.com.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > superconductor CD in stores???