independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 31st Oct 2014 9:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Andy Allo's CD Cover Art (unveiled) (Top Rate Packaging!!!)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 8 12345678>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/11/12 3:20pm

bashraka

Andy Allo's CD Cover Art (unveiled) (Top Rate Packaging!!!)

*Mod edit Subject PL7*

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/11/12 3:38pm

IstenSzek

avatar

she posted the picture on her own facebook, so andy 'unveiled' this, didn't she?

the packaging doesn't have a barcode or a recordcompany logo (yet) so i guess

this is a test pressing of the sleeve. there also doesn't seem to be a plastic tray

inside yet (the one that holds the actual disc).

you can see it better, in more detail on the full scale pictures that show more of

the cover on the sides.

but "exclusively produced by the NPG" huh? so did he produce all of it? i thought

he just produced 3 songs?

confuse

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/11/12 3:38pm

electricberet

avatar

That's pretty cool. But where can you buy it? Not on amazon.com, bestbuy.com, elusivedisc.com, or any other place I buy CDs.

The Census Bureau estimates that there are 2,518 American Indians and Alaska Natives currently living in the city of Long Beach.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/11/12 3:43pm

IstenSzek

avatar

electricberet said:

That's pretty cool. But where can you buy it? Not on amazon.com, bestbuy.com, elusivedisc.com, or any other place I buy CDs.

they better have a download option. i'm not ordering anything prince related anymore that has to

get to my house through the postal system.

no no no!

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/11/12 4:06pm

bashraka

It's been reported through DrFunkenberry.com that Prince executive produced the record i.e. booking and paying for studio sessions, hiring musicians and engineers, hiring photographers for cover art. Andy Allo probably had more creative input on her album more than Tamar and Bria and it seems like Prince may actually get out of his own way.

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/11/12 4:13pm

2elijah

avatar

Nice cover art and I like the packaging colors. Maybe she will sell the cd on her website when the site launches.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/11/12 4:31pm

SoulAlive

impressive cover art and packacking

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/11/12 5:04pm

PANDURITO

avatar

bashraka said:


Illuminati? eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/11/12 5:07pm

2020

avatar

I agree it looks nice and is very well done but it should have a picture of her somewhere on there - the back would have been nice.

I like how her name is spelled out with the symbols... a nod to prince perhaps? wink

Art Official Age: The Movie
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/11/12 5:34pm

kenkamken

avatar

I thought there were going to be her legs forming the A in her name

This looks cool, but yeah should have her pic

"So fierce U look 2night, the brightest star pales 2 Ur sex..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/11/12 5:34pm

OzlemUcucu

avatar

2020 said:

I agree it looks nice and is very well done but it should have a picture of her somewhere on there - the back would have been nice.

I like how her name is spelled out with the symbols... a nod to prince perhaps? wink

lol That's a dumbass cover. At first I was very impressed cause of the gold & black. On a second look that's not art, it's just a print of her name on a black background. It's stupid, and nobody knows her by that stupid symbol other than Pince fans. She should have used somewhere her real name...!

Anyway, can anyone identify what those numbers are on that phone? Is it Prince's? Maybe we should give him a call to let him know that we want a Prince album, and not andyrevolution? I kinda think he is not getting the point?!

I NICKED orger SuperFurryAnimal's big ass bird!shhh
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/11/12 6:00pm

GoldDolphin

avatar

OzlemUcucu said:

2020 said:

I agree it looks nice and is very well done but it should have a picture of her somewhere on there - the back would have been nice.

I like how her name is spelled out with the symbols... a nod to prince perhaps? wink

lol That's a dumbass cover. At first I was very impressed cause of the gold & black. On a second look that's not art, it's just a print of her name on a black background. It's stupid, and nobody knows her by that stupid symbol other than Pince fans. She should have used somewhere her real name...!

Anyway, can anyone identify what those numbers are on that phone? Is it Prince's? Maybe we should give him a call to let him know that we want a Prince album, and not andyrevolution? I kinda think he is not getting the point?!

Totally agree, for an artist who's not established and wants to be known on their own - should use the name to market themselves. Because if this album is for Prince fans, I believe most of us don't want it. There some people who might be interested in purchasing because he produced some songs (some who find her hot?) but she's not that talented for me to purchase it. They're trying to be "hip" by using the triangle because they know that's a symbol that's very popular/controversial right now and has been for some years in the music industry. Silly. I know I might sound negative, but I'm just trying to be constructive in my critiscm.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace -Jimi Hendrix
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/11/12 6:20pm

OzlemUcucu

avatar

GoldDolphin said:

OzlemUcucu said:

lol That's a dumbass cover. At first I was very impressed cause of the gold & black. On a second look that's not art, it's just a print of her name on a black background. It's stupid, and nobody knows her by that stupid symbol other than Pince fans. She should have used somewhere her real name...!

Anyway, can anyone identify what those numbers are on that phone? Is it Prince's? Maybe we should give him a call to let him know that we want a Prince album, and not andyrevolution? I kinda think he is not getting the point?!

Totally agree, for an artist who's not established and wants to be known on their own - should use the name to market themselves. Because if this album is for Prince fans, I believe most of us don't want it. There some people who might be interested in purchasing because he produced some songs (some who find her hot?) but she's not that talented for me to purchase it. They're trying to be "hip" by using the triangle because they know that's a symbol that's very popular/controversial right now and has been for some years in the music industry. Silly. I know I might sound negative, but I'm just trying to be constructive in my critiscm.

Nah, you are right. I came to that final conclusion overall: It's got 9 songs including "Purple Pleaser" that I personally didn't like, so we are talking about 8 songs. That's not a lot of songs for an album, is it? The art cover is not creative at all. I think they must have created it last minute, huh? Prince is really not giving any thought at all. It's all pretentious nonsense to me.

I NICKED orger SuperFurryAnimal's big ass bird!shhh
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/11/12 6:37pm

2020

avatar

Because if this album is for Prince fans, I believe most of us don't want it.

Aint that the truth!!!

Art Official Age: The Movie
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/11/12 6:48pm

HonestMan13

avatar

The most talked about CD on the ORG that no one is going to admit having heard or bought, yet everyone will have! lol

When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/11/12 6:56pm

silverchild

avatar

Where's Shelby J's album?

Check me out and add me on:
www.last.fm/user/brandosoul
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/11/12 7:05pm

RobotDevil

avatar

2020 said:

I agree it looks nice and is very well done but it should have a picture of her somewhere on there - the back would have been nice.

I like how her name is spelled out with the symbols... a nod to prince perhaps? wink

That there's not even one picture of her on the cover is quite surprising considering how she takes and posts photos of herself ad nauseam on her Facebook. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/11/12 7:05pm

OzlemUcucu

avatar

silverchild said:

Where's Shelby J's album?

Where is Anthony Mosley aka Tony M. album? lol

The NPG side projects weren't too bad. BUT and CAUSE some had Prince's voice. Maybe superfunktah will have some Prince voice, that could be interesting, and the only interesting thing on that album. I can't wait for reviews from Allovelution supporting Prince fans. Bring it on!

I NICKED orger SuperFurryAnimal's big ass bird!shhh
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/11/12 7:06pm

RobotDevil

avatar

HonestMan13 said:

The most talked about CD on the ORG that no one is going to admit having heard or bought, yet everyone will have! lol

Not me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/11/12 7:12pm

metallicjigolo

avatar

GoldDolphin said:



OzlemUcucu said:




2020 said:


I agree it looks nice and is very well done but it should have a picture of her somewhere on there - the back would have been nice.




I like how her name is spelled out with the symbols... a nod to prince perhaps? wink




lol That's a dumbass cover. At first I was very impressed cause of the gold & black. On a second look that's not art, it's just a print of her name on a black background. It's stupid, and nobody knows her by that stupid symbol other than Pince fans. She should have used somewhere her real name...!



Anyway, can anyone identify what those numbers are on that phone? Is it Prince's? Maybe we should give him a call to let him know that we want a Prince album, and not andyrevolution? I kinda think he is not getting the point?!








Totally agree, for an artist who's not established and wants to be known on their own - should use the name to market themselves. Because if this album is for Prince fans, I believe most of us don't want it. There some people who might be interested in purchasing because he produced some songs (some who find her hot?) but she's not that talented for me to purchase it. They're trying to be "hip" by using the triangle because they know that's a symbol that's very popular/controversial right now and has been for some years in the music industry. Silly. I know I might sound negative, but I'm just trying to be constructive in my criticism.



Huh?,? You do know that triangle is an A right? Spells ALLO
Prince did an interview with a woman at Record World. They talked about whatever, then he asked her: "Does your pubic hair go up to your navel?" At that moment, we thought maybe we shouldn't encourage him to do interviews.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/11/12 7:14pm

Emancipation89

Love her voice...can't wait to hear the album biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/11/12 8:08pm

udo

avatar

It looks like a digipack of some sorts.

Bad.

One cannot simply replace the jewel case.

The cardboard is unprotected, it will suffer.

But hey, it looks good when new.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/11/12 8:27pm

Shadesofpurple

He made a sigil out of her name. They are used in modern magickal practice to slip a packaged idea more readily into the subconscious. Triggering these symbols is a fascinating study. They were developed by Austin Osman Spare. He is headed more and more into the occult side of things. And that is why I've declared several times that "the only lyrics I pay attention to are modern Prince lyrics."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/11/12 8:39pm

LittleBear

avatar

PANDURITO said:

bashraka said:


Illuminati? eek

falloff dead

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/11/12 8:40pm

lezama

avatar

I kinda like it... its sleek, but I do agree her name should be on it in conventional format someplace. Anyway, do people still buy physical CD's?? I just wanna be able to get it from iTunes or whatever and be done with it.

Change it one more time..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/11/12 8:53pm

purpleshadow

cant wait.. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/11/12 9:15pm

HonestMan13

avatar

RobotDevil said:

HonestMan13 said:

The most talked about CD on the ORG that no one is going to admit having heard or bought, yet everyone will have! lol

Not me.

So you know what she does on her FB and are posting on a thread about her but have zero interest in her CD? lol

When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/11/12 9:20pm

thebeautifulon
es777

avatar

Can't wait to hear it and see the video for people pleaser
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/11/12 9:22pm

paisleysoul

I'm curious, but I usually pretty picky on what I spend my $ on, strickly prince..never on his latest protoge except for shelia e..never took took the others that seriously.thought they were beautiful to look at but not so much music wise, but I did like vanity 6
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/11/12 9:23pm

HonestMan13

avatar

We are ready 4 U!

September 20th!!!

When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Andy Allo's CD Cover Art (unveiled) (Top Rate Packaging!!!)