independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 24th Apr 2019 9:12am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Vanity on The Tonight Show w/ guest host Joan Rivers (1985)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/14/11 2:06pm

mimi2

Vanity on The Tonight Show w/ guest host Joan Rivers (1985)

lol Just found this the other day. Vanity was on The Tonight Show to promote "The Last Dragon" but of course they didn't get to even talk about that. Joan was guest host for Johnny Carson.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/14/11 3:36pm

ItsGonnaBLonel
y

avatar

This video will soon be edited out of the thread post, its a rule violation to post prince or prince related artist videos here.

I dont know much about her, except she's pretty, was the leader of V6 & is now a preacher/pastor, but there have been alot of post in this forum about her lately so I thought I'd browse a few of them. I try dont get caught up in Prince woman, I think its stilly. But everyone always seems to rave about her in the P community, so maybe im missing something

Thanks 4 the post wink

"How Can I Stand To..Stay Where I Am? Poor Butterfly Who..Dont Understand." P
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/14/11 4:06pm

Efan

avatar

"He weighs 100 lbs. and 50 of that is sequins." That's a good line. falloff

Even after Vanity left the Prince camp, she still looked like she was in it, like she was matching whatever era Prince was in and dressing accordingly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/14/11 4:08pm

Efan

avatar

ItsGonnaBLonely said:

This video will soon be edited out of the thread post, its a rule violation to post prince or prince related artist videos here.

No, it won't. You can't post Prince videos or videos of Prince-penned songs, but you can post all you want of things that he had no involvement in--which is the category this video clearly falls into.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/14/11 4:10pm

PenelopePaige

mimi2 said:

lol Just found this the other day. Vanity was on The Tonight Show to promote "The Last Dragon" but of course they didn't get to even talk about that. Joan was guest host for Johnny Carson.

I wish I could find the video of when Vanity became born again and showed up on "The Joan rivers show" in the early 90's wearing a long black dress and carrying her bible. Joan was like, "what's going on?" "where's your lingerie?" "what's happening here?"

I wish I could find that video!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/14/11 4:20pm

ItsGonnaBLonel
y

avatar

Efan said:

ItsGonnaBLonely said:

This video will soon be edited out of the thread post, its a rule violation to post prince or prince related artist videos here.

No, it won't. You can't post Prince videos or videos of Prince-penned songs, but you can post all you want of things that he had no involvement in--which is the category this video clearly falls into.

Oh okay thanks biggrin

"How Can I Stand To..Stay Where I Am? Poor Butterfly Who..Dont Understand." P
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/14/11 5:23pm

BlaqueKnight

avatar

"He makes Michael Jackson look like a green beret" lol

Joan is funny.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/14/11 7:28pm

johnart

avatar

Joan is the shit!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/14/11 7:55pm

MadamGoodnight

What a gorgeous creature. Vanity was drop dead beautiful.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/19/11 4:14pm

ladylumps

She Look Like some kind of 80's version of a 1800's frontier wife or something especially with the hair and the fan LOL! , But she still look beautiful though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/19/11 7:35pm

armpit

avatar

I've always loved Vanity. She was so bold and so fearless and so wild and so charismatic. Drop-dead gorgeous too.

"I don't think you'd do well in captivity." - random person's comment to me the other day
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/19/11 10:03pm

Diana80

PenelopePaige said:

I wish I could find the video of when Vanity became born again and showed up on "The Joan rivers show" in the early 90's wearing a long black dress and carrying her bible. Joan was like, "what's going on?" "where's your lingerie?" "what's happening here?"

I wish I could find that video!

I remember that interview! And Vanity had the nerve to act all uppity and like she was better than everyone else. I remember there was also a male stripper that was a guest on the show who said he believed in God and was religious and that just because he did that kind of work didn't mean that he had to abandon God, and dumb bitch Vanity had the nerve to say, "Well that's something you need to discuss with God." talk to the hand

I also remember at the end of the interview Joan told Vanity to pray for her! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Vanity on The Tonight Show w/ guest host Joan Rivers (1985)