independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Aug 2018 8:57pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Justin Timberlake To Host Album Listening Session – At Prince’s Paisley Park Home February 1st
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 19 <123456789>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 01/24/18 5:55pm

PRNMusicLife

purplefam99 said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:


Yep, might as well. Liquor, hot wings , meatballs, cheese platters and cursing a plenty. razz

[Edited 1/22/18 3:02am]

are they watching the game there or just listening/album release??? they won't have access to paisley rooms or the museum so it sounds like all is happening on the soundstage at the very least.

Y'all are a trip :lol lol : , it'll be before the SuperBowl on 2/1/17. It's all taking place on the Soundstage. I'm weak, at the end of the day me getting angry or upset, or annoyed and bothered will not stop the show. I'm all for being productive, and if PP needs the money, hey much success to all involved.

*Insert witty Prince inspired quote here*
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 01/24/18 8:23pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Astasheiks said:

"Sheila E said in her book that Prince would just say out of the blue lets play baseball and have a picnic/bbq"

So he was eating meat in the 80's? razz biggrin

So here we-so here we-so here we are, here we are (Gett off)
In my paisley crib
Whatcha want to eat? "Ribs"

Ha, toy, I don't serve ribs,

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 01/25/18 1:46am

EmmaMcG

TheKid777 said:



EmmaMcG said:


HatrinaHaterwitz said:



You've got that part right! Like seriously, WTF? mad



It could be much much worse. Just be thankful it's not Justin Bieber. If you consider that Justin Timberlake is a big Prince fan, he must get a big kick out of holding an event at Paisley Park. Could any one of us claim not to want to perform there? As a Prince fan, it's a dream come true. I've never understood the contempt for Timberlake from some people on here. Not liking his music is one thing but some of the things I've read on here are borderline racist and there's no need for it.

He's Disrepected And Thrown Shade At Prince Countless Times Even Did It In A Song That's Y People Aren't Very Pleased



So what if he disrespected Prince. That doesn't mean he isnt a fan of Prince's music. Besides, Prince was no angel himself.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 01/25/18 12:45pm

PRNMusicLife

EmmaMcG said:

TheKid777 said:



EmmaMcG said:


HatrinaHaterwitz said:



You've got that part right! Like seriously, WTF? mad



It could be much much worse. Just be thankful it's not Justin Bieber. If you consider that Justin Timberlake is a big Prince fan, he must get a big kick out of holding an event at Paisley Park. Could any one of us claim not to want to perform there? As a Prince fan, it's a dream come true. I've never understood the contempt for Timberlake from some people on here. Not liking his music is one thing but some of the things I've read on here are borderline racist and there's no need for it.

He's Disrepected And Thrown Shade At Prince Countless Times Even Did It In A Song That's Y People Aren't Very Pleased



So what if he disrespected Prince. That doesn't mean he isnt a fan of Prince's music. Besides, Prince was no angel himself.


You know I said the exact same thing before and I got so much backlash SMH. I think the biggest part about appreciating Prince as a person and artist is to know that he was shady as shit too and he didn’t give a f*ck About how people felt about him. I personally like that but with this whole Justin threw shade thing...Prince threw the first stone and the mini banter that ensued wasn’t even a big deal. I said before it I’ll say it again it’s the fans that make it a bigger deal than it actually is 😂
*Insert witty Prince inspired quote here*
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 01/25/18 1:49pm

EmmaMcG

PRNMusicLife said:

EmmaMcG said:



So what if he disrespected Prince. That doesn't mean he isnt a fan of Prince's music. Besides, Prince was no angel himself.


You know I said the exact same thing before and I got so much backlash SMH. I think the biggest part about appreciating Prince as a person and artist is to know that he was shady as shit too and he didn’t give a f*ck About how people felt about him. I personally like that but with this whole Justin threw shade thing...Prince threw the first stone and the mini banter that ensued wasn’t even a big deal. I said before it I’ll say it again it’s the fans that make it a bigger deal than it actually is 😂


You're 100% right about that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 01/26/18 1:02pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

I couldn't care less what JT likes. What I care about is Prince didn't seem to like him very much.

"Too bad for Hell...too good to let Heaven raise him."

He's Mine!
[youtube] https://youtu.be/zJhadIvu9QA [/youtube]

Always has been...always will be!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 01/26/18 1:33pm

EmmaMcG

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

I couldn't care less what JT likes. What I care about is Prince didn't seem to like him very much.



That may be true but you can't fault JT for wanting to preview his album at the home of an artist who inspired him. If Prince didn't like you, would you still be a fan of his music and want to visit Paisley Park? I know I would.

And you can't fault the ones in charge of Paisley Park either for wanting a massive pop star to preview his new album at their venue. And it IS their venue. If Prince didn't want other artists to appear at Paisley he would have specified it in his will. But he didn't.

Besides, whether Prince likes JT as a person or not is kind of irrelevant. In his life, Prince was all about the music. I honestly think that he'd just be happy that other musicians are plying their trade at PP, whether we, or even he, is a fan or not.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 01/27/18 10:16am

000000

Respect. His first single sound pretty good.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 01/30/18 12:09pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Did JT ever visit Paisley Park when Prince was alive???!!! biggrin eek razz lol prince eye wildsign crysball beret

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 01/30/18 2:48pm

EmmaMcG

Astasheiks said:

Did JT ever visit Paisley Park when Prince was alive???!!! biggrin eek razz lol prince eye wildsign crysball beret



There's a lot of people who've been to Paisley Park since Prince died that had never visited before.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 01/30/18 7:43pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Justin Timberlake Super Bowl bash upsets some Prince fans

http://www.sacbee.com/ent...75414.html

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 01/31/18 12:45pm

rapper

I don't have it next to me but I swear I saw a picture of JT playing music at Princes house in the "Private View" book. Maybe LA or 3121? Either way my life is the same tomorrow.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 02/01/18 11:55am

cloveringold85

avatar

luv4u said:

Justin Timberlake Super Bowl bash upsets some Prince fans

http://www.sacbee.com/ent...75414.html

.

Yeah, money-grabbing is right!! mad pissed

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 02/01/18 12:49pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Justin Timberlake is going to perform on the biggest stage a pop star can take on Sunday when he plays the Super Bowl LII halftime show. And with the game being played in Minneapolis, Minn., it makes perfect sense for him to pay homage to one of the most iconic rock stars of all-time: Prince.

.

https://www.cbssports.com...rs-prince/

.

mad mad mad mad mad

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 02/01/18 3:28pm

PennyPurple

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

Justin Timberlake is going to perform on the biggest stage a pop star can take on Sunday when he plays the Super Bowl LII halftime show. And with the game being played in Minneapolis, Minn., it makes perfect sense for him to pay homage to one of the most iconic rock stars of all-time: Prince.

.

https://www.cbssports.com...rs-prince/

.

mad mad mad mad mad

I think he should do something to honor Prince.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 02/01/18 3:43pm

cloveringold85

avatar

PennyPurple said:

cloveringold85 said:

Justin Timberlake is going to perform on the biggest stage a pop star can take on Sunday when he plays the Super Bowl LII halftime show. And with the game being played in Minneapolis, Minn., it makes perfect sense for him to pay homage to one of the most iconic rock stars of all-time: Prince.

.

https://www.cbssports.com...rs-prince/

.

mad mad mad mad mad

I think he should do something to honor Prince.

.

I hope JT doesn't do that. It will make him look like he's trying to outdo what Prince already did. It just seems cheesy, imo. If it was another event other the SB, then maybe okay -- but not for this event. It's gonna be hard for me to watch. eek

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 02/01/18 4:09pm

cloveringold85

avatar

JTs press conference for Super Bowl:

.

Listen at mark 1:35 when he is asked "What does Prince mean to you?"

.

https://www.youtube.com/w...S3SZs_CqV0

.

Oops! Had to fix the link. wink

[Edited 2/1/18 17:39pm]

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 02/01/18 5:28pm

PennyPurple

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

JTs press conference for Super Bowl:

.

Listen at mark 1:35 when he is asked "What does Prince mean to you?"

.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3SZs_CqV0[/url

Sounds like he's at PP tonight.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 02/01/18 5:40pm

cloveringold85

avatar

PennyPurple said:

cloveringold85 said:

JTs press conference for Super Bowl:

.

Listen at mark 1:35 when he is asked "What does Prince mean to you?"

.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3SZs_CqV0[/url

Sounds like he's at PP tonight.

.

Yes, tonight!! biggrin

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 02/01/18 8:22pm

purplefam99

PennyPurple said:



cloveringold85 said:



Justin Timberlake is going to perform on the biggest stage a pop star can take on Sunday when he plays the Super Bowl LII halftime show. And with the game being played in Minneapolis, Minn., it makes perfect sense for him to pay homage to one of the most iconic rock stars of all-time: Prince.


.


https://www.cbssports.com...rs-prince/


.


mad mad mad mad mad




I think he should do something to honor Prince.



Absolutely!!!!! Even if you don’t listen to Mozart if your in his house
You pay respect. Minni is his house!!!
[Edited 2/1/18 20:24pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 02/01/18 10:11pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Watching the livestream of the listening party from PP live, on Facebook

JT said: "I'm pinching myself can't believe i'm at paisley park, its the best place in the world, it's like disneyland but better" love

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 02/02/18 5:45am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Justin Timberlake invites the Revolution to headline his party at Paisley Park

On his new album, Justin Timberlake is a Man of the Woods. Thursday night at Paisley Park, he also proved he is a man of the people. Although the main platform in the soundstage at Prince's complex was outfitted with gear all night, Timberlake never set foot on it, even when addressing the crowd; instead, he opted to mingle with his guests and blend in with the crowd, becoming just another in a sea of fans who danced and sang along with the night's surprise headliner, the Revolution.


https://blog.thecurrent.o...sley-park/

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 02/02/18 7:06am

PennyPurple

avatar

Surprise, surprise the Rev was there, owning the stage.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 02/02/18 7:35am

purplefam99

PennyPurple said:

Surprise, surprise the Rev was there, owning the stage.

yep

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 02/02/18 8:06am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

cloveringold85 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think Prince and JT were friends or even a casual acquaintance, much less collaborative artists.

.

Furthermore, I don't think Prince was an admirer of JT's music. They are/were from opposite sides of the spectrum, if you ask me.

.

I really have nothing against JT. I don't love him, nor do I dislike him, but to use Super Bowl Weekend and PP as a means to promote his new album just has opportunist written all over it. Can he get any more attention-seeking than this??!! My God, this is really getting pathetic. Even worse, it makes PP look so desperate and money-grubbing. rolleyes

.

Keep on exploiting Prince; yeah, I'm sure he really appreciates it. mad rolleyes

JT is a mockingbird. He attaches himself to popular people / things and people then equate it with his success.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 02/02/18 1:02pm

cloveringold85

avatar

A lot of Prince fans are not happy with this, myself included.

.

https://www.washingtonpos...7ab902b38d

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 02/02/18 1:04pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

cloveringold85 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think Prince and JT were friends or even a casual acquaintance, much less collaborative artists.

.

Furthermore, I don't think Prince was an admirer of JT's music. They are/were from opposite sides of the spectrum, if you ask me.

.

I really have nothing against JT. I don't love him, nor do I dislike him, but to use Super Bowl Weekend and PP as a means to promote his new album just has opportunist written all over it. Can he get any more attention-seeking than this??!! My God, this is really getting pathetic. Even worse, it makes PP look so desperate and money-grubbing. rolleyes

.

Keep on exploiting Prince; yeah, I'm sure he really appreciates it. mad rolleyes

JT is a mockingbird. He attaches himself to popular people / things and people then equate it with his success.

.

I think JT is very talented; I don't hate the guy, but there is something about him that seems plastic/fake. I just didn't like him dissing Prince; there is a line you just do not cross, and he did.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 02/02/18 1:19pm

Genesia

avatar

ludwig said:

aiden said:

Im totally cool with it & belive he will be extremely respectful,

He mocked Prince at the Golden Globe awards a couple years ago. He made fun of his height. Not cool, not respectful.


A couple? Try 12. Build a bridge and get over it.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 02/02/18 1:23pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Damn, I was in the middle of typing, and the thread was locked!! mad

.

I didn't like what JT said in that shit song regarding the charts and Prince not being there.......Oh, right -- you wasn't there!

.

Prince did more for music in his almost 40-years as an artist than JT ever will. JT was still in diapers when Purple Rain was number one on the charts and already had a successful recording career.

.

Maybe some of you forgive easily, but I don't.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 02/02/18 1:25pm

Genesia

avatar

That's because some of us are normal, mature people - and others think the more unhinged their response, the bigger, better Prince fans they are.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 19 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Justin Timberlake To Host Album Listening Session – At Prince’s Paisley Park Home February 1st