independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 23rd Oct 2017 9:01pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Art, Podcasts, & Fan Content > PODCASTJUICE Mayte was my Boss.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/08/17 12:20am

Lovejunky

avatar

PODCASTJUICE Mayte was my Boss.

Working with Prince in the 90's

Jacqui Thompson was head management for Prince’s Paisley Park Enterprises in 1997.

Jacqui oversaw all merchandising functions for 1-800- NEW-FUNK and helped manage Prince’s tours, promotional tours, and public relations activities


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHC8r0vAc-Y&feature=share


“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/08/17 7:07am

purplerabbitho
le

If you could give us the gist of what she said. Its a very long interview.

Also, her job description sounds more like she worked for P not Mayte. Why would Mayte be her boss?

Lovejunky said:

Working with Prince in the 90's

Jacqui Thompson was head management for Prince’s Paisley Park Enterprises in 1997.

Jacqui oversaw all merchandising functions for 1-800- NEW-FUNK and helped manage Prince’s tours, promotional tours, and public relations activities


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHC8r0vAc-Y&feature=share


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/08/17 10:55am

laurarichardso
n

Mayte was her boss when she was working on 1-800-New Funk. She did not work for her for long. It is a really good interview. Prince had some very smart people working for him.



said:

If you could give us the gist of what she said. Its a very long interview.



Also, her job description sounds more like she worked for P not Mayte. Why would Mayte be her boss?





Lovejunky said:


Working with Prince in the 90's



Jacqui Thompson was head management for Prince’s Paisley Park Enterprises in 1997.


Jacqui oversaw all merchandising functions for 1-800- NEW-FUNK and helped manage Prince’s tours, promotional tours, and public relations activities






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHC8r0vAc-Y&feature=share






 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/08/17 11:08am

morningsong

avatar

If she worked for Matte she didn't mention it but she mentioned Mayte a few times in passing and mentioned Mani working there but nothing about either one or having any type of working relationship with either one.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/08/17 12:10pm

laurarichardso
n

It was mentioned in passing that when she came on board she worked for her a little while.

morningsong said:

If she worked for Matte she dicamdn't mention it but she mentioned Mayte a few times in passing and mentioned Mani working there but nothing about either one or having any type of working relationship with either one

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/08/17 12:50pm

purplerabbitho
le

Why would anyone described in a recent book review as being on the "powerless end of a power couple" have anyone working for her? LOL.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/08/17 1:04pm

morningsong

avatar

laurarichardson said:

It was mentioned in passing that when she came on board she worked for her a little while.



morningsong said:


If she worked for Matte she dicamdn't mention it but she mentioned Mayte a few times in passing and mentioned Mani working there but nothing about either one or having any type of working relationship with either one




It must have been a brief sentenced. Because I got more out of the interviewee saying Mayte would come in and say, my husband wants...than any feel for what it was like working for Mayte except emphasizing it was a lot of work. Nice interview, glad it was posted, I gleaned a thing or 2 from the unspoken. And seeing folks having the opportunity to stretch their wings and expand their horizons. Cool. Not a drinker but I'll keep a look out for that tequila.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/08/17 6:28pm

laurarichardso
n

purplerabbithole said:

Why would anyone described in a recent book review as being on the "powerless end of a power couple" have anyone working for her? LOL.

Look this lady worked for Mayte for a hot minute and 1-800 was such a fuck up that might explain why this lady was not working for Mayte for long and how Mayte became powerless real fast.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/10/17 8:26am

laurarichardso
n

laurarichardson said:

purplerabbithole said:

Why would anyone described in a recent book review as being on the "powerless end of a power couple" have anyone working for her? LOL.

At the 28 minute mark she states that Mayte was her boss. This lady worked for Mayte for a hot minute and 1-800 was such a fuck up that might explain why this lady was not working for Mayte for long and how Mayte became powerless real fast.

[Edited 10/11/17 2:37am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Art, Podcasts, & Fan Content > PODCASTJUICE Mayte was my Boss.