independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Feb 2019 6:47pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > KOKO - Sunday 16th Feb
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 13 of 13 « First<45678910111213
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #360 posted 02/20/14 1:15am

ADAMSKI123

Ppenguin said:

ADAMSKI123 said:

"Flava Flav" as you say... he actually in essence did 'push in' as he was about 100 or so back but he was a really nice chap, who is very passionate abpout prince and in fact he walked up stairs in no rush at all and went up on the top balcony. so in effect didnt take anyones precious floor space and only wandered down to chat to us at the front, he knew a few people at the front, and stayed with us. A bit naughty but no hidden agenda. He was there very early 9am ish and would have got in with the first 100 any how...I was 22 in line and spotted looking rather wrapped up on the video posted.

Yeah...no harm, it was just a funny topic during the day they he gradually spent longer and longer hanging over the barrier and then popped in and out, in and out...then stayed in. He was number 61 Wait...did you bring the camping chairs?

Chairs...not me, they were in front of me...I was the idiot who wore an artic Goose down parker coat with full fur hood, the works, which was a great idea during the day in the cold day...really bad idea in a heaving concert hall under the lights, I came out of there 2 stone lighter!! "Flava Flav" did do a classic Larry David's Curb, Cut N' Chat! The Marilyn Manson scary looking dude also did it which was mildly annoying, man he was a little disturbing looking!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #361 posted 02/20/14 2:54am

Ppenguin

ADAMSKI123 said:



Ppenguin said:


ADAMSKI123 said:


"Flava Flav" as you say... he actually in essence did 'push in' as he was about 100 or so back but he was a really nice chap, who is very passionate abpout prince and in fact he walked up stairs in no rush at all and went up on the top balcony. so in effect didnt take anyones precious floor space and only wandered down to chat to us at the front, he knew a few people at the front, and stayed with us. A bit naughty but no hidden agenda. He was there very early 9am ish and would have got in with the first 100 any how...I was 22 in line and spotted looking rather wrapped up on the video posted.



Yeah...no harm, it was just a funny topic during the day they he gradually spent longer and longer hanging over the barrier and then popped in and out, in and out...then stayed in. He was number 61 Wait...did you bring the camping chairs?

Chairs...not me, they were in front of me...I was the idiot who wore an artic Goose down parker coat with full fur hood, the works, which was a great idea during the day in the cold day...really bad idea in a heaving concert hall under the lights, I came out of there 2 stone lighter!! "Flava Flav" did do a classic Larry David's Curb, Cut N' Chat! The Marilyn Manson scary looking dude also did it which was mildly annoying, man he was a little disturbing looking!!



Did you get In to a little bit of an argument with the guy in the beanie hat when you got in?

I recognised the 'Marilyn Manson' guy from 3rd Sept 2007 O2 gig...must have made an impression
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #362 posted 02/20/14 3:01am

Whitnail

avatar

Ppenguin said:

ADAMSKI123 said:

Chairs...not me, they were in front of me...I was the idiot who wore an artic Goose down parker coat with full fur hood, the works, which was a great idea during the day in the cold day...really bad idea in a heaving concert hall under the lights, I came out of there 2 stone lighter!! "Flava Flav" did do a classic Larry David's Curb, Cut N' Chat! The Marilyn Manson scary looking dude also did it which was mildly annoying, man he was a little disturbing looking!!

Did you get In to a little bit of an argument with the guy in the beanie hat when you got in? I recognised the 'Marilyn Manson' guy from 3rd Sept 2007 O2 gig...must have made an impression

Was the MM guy the one who kept patrolling up and down the queue at the SBE?

If it were not for insanity, I would be sane.

"True to his status as the last enigma in music, Prince crashed into London this week in a ball of confusion" The Times 2014
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #363 posted 02/20/14 3:08am

Ppenguin

Whitnail said:



Ppenguin said:


ADAMSKI123 said:


Chairs...not me, they were in front of me...I was the idiot who wore an artic Goose down parker coat with full fur hood, the works, which was a great idea during the day in the cold day...really bad idea in a heaving concert hall under the lights, I came out of there 2 stone lighter!! "Flava Flav" did do a classic Larry David's Curb, Cut N' Chat! The Marilyn Manson scary looking dude also did it which was mildly annoying, man he was a little disturbing looking!!



Did you get In to a little bit of an argument with the guy in the beanie hat when you got in? I recognised the 'Marilyn Manson' guy from 3rd Sept 2007 O2 gig...must have made an impression


Was the MM guy the one who kept patrolling up and down the queue at the SBE?



You'd know him if you saw him...I don think he was patrolling
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #364 posted 02/20/14 5:31am

ADAMSKI123

Ppenguin said:

ADAMSKI123 said:

Chairs...not me, they were in front of me...I was the idiot who wore an artic Goose down parker coat with full fur hood, the works, which was a great idea during the day in the cold day...really bad idea in a heaving concert hall under the lights, I came out of there 2 stone lighter!! "Flava Flav" did do a classic Larry David's Curb, Cut N' Chat! The Marilyn Manson scary looking dude also did it which was mildly annoying, man he was a little disturbing looking!!

Did you get In to a little bit of an argument with the guy in the beanie hat when you got in? I recognised the 'Marilyn Manson' guy from 3rd Sept 2007 O2 gig...must have made an impression

Yep that was me im affraid to say. (bit embarrassed to have had an argument at a Prince concert!) The security barrier moved forward six inches and the chap to my right thought it was his chance to barge me out the way and jump RIGHT in front of me, we all got a bit excited, understandbly + tiredness. A few scalding words and a little grapple and then an apology, hand shakes and back to the good purple vibes..

I actually can't remember being that excited and buzzing (natural) in my entire adult life!

MM was a nice chap, I spoke with him a little...for someone so distinctive, he's got that Cut N'Chat jazz down to a fine art!! Classic story of that dude getting to the ticket counter at King's Place, finding out it was £70 instead of his expected £10 and using the ticket booth's phone to call his Mummy to pay the £70 over the phone on a card. I thought that was very funny. Props to King's place not just telling him to sod off.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #365 posted 02/20/14 6:00am

Ppenguin

ADAMSKI123 said:



Ppenguin said:


ADAMSKI123 said:


Chairs...not me, they were in front of me...I was the idiot who wore an artic Goose down parker coat with full fur hood, the works, which was a great idea during the day in the cold day...really bad idea in a heaving concert hall under the lights, I came out of there 2 stone lighter!! "Flava Flav" did do a classic Larry David's Curb, Cut N' Chat! The Marilyn Manson scary looking dude also did it which was mildly annoying, man he was a little disturbing looking!!



Did you get In to a little bit of an argument with the guy in the beanie hat when you got in? I recognised the 'Marilyn Manson' guy from 3rd Sept 2007 O2 gig...must have made an impression

Yep that was me im affraid to say. (bit embarrassed to have had an argument at a Prince concert!) The security barrier moved forward six inches and the chap to my right thought it was his chance to barge me out the way and jump RIGHT in front of me, we all got a bit excited, understandbly + tiredness. A few scalding words and a little grapple and then an apology, hand shakes and back to the good purple vibes..


I actually can't remember being that excited and buzzing (natural) in my entire adult life!



MM was a nice chap, I spoke with him a little...for someone so distinctive, he's got that Cut N'Chat jazz down to a fine art!! Classic story of that dude getting to the ticket counter at King's Place, finding out it was £70 instead of his expected £10 and using the ticket booth's phone to call his Mummy to pay the £70 over the phone on a card. I thought that was very funny. Props to King's place not just telling him to sod off.




I was right behind you...I'd spent most of the day chatting to the guy who tried to defuse it but couldn't remember a joke.

your coat hood was tickling my nose at first smile I managed to get my coat and hoodie off but was still rocking a tshirt and thermal tshirt.

It was a long day and that can make you react differently ...I think that's why everyone refused to leave at first until he came back
[Edited 2/20/14 6:01am]
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #366 posted 02/20/14 7:04am

ADAMSKI123

Ppenguin said:

ADAMSKI123 said:

Yep that was me im affraid to say. (bit embarrassed to have had an argument at a Prince concert!) The security barrier moved forward six inches and the chap to my right thought it was his chance to barge me out the way and jump RIGHT in front of me, we all got a bit excited, understandbly + tiredness. A few scalding words and a little grapple and then an apology, hand shakes and back to the good purple vibes..

I actually can't remember being that excited and buzzing (natural) in my entire adult life!

MM was a nice chap, I spoke with him a little...for someone so distinctive, he's got that Cut N'Chat jazz down to a fine art!! Classic story of that dude getting to the ticket counter at King's Place, finding out it was £70 instead of his expected £10 and using the ticket booth's phone to call his Mummy to pay the £70 over the phone on a card. I thought that was very funny. Props to King's place not just telling him to sod off.

I was right behind you...I'd spent most of the day chatting to the guy who tried to defuse it but couldn't remember a joke. your coat hood was tickling my nose at first smile I managed to get my coat and hoodie off but was still rocking a tshirt and thermal tshirt. It was a long day and that can make you react differently ...I think that's why everyone refused to leave at first until he came back [Edited 2/20/14 6:01am]

Sorry, that coats good but big! I did manage to take it off biggrin I regrettably left before the last encore to rush to the cash point so i get back on the Prince merry go round. It worked, I got back in...God i thought it was great. Still can't get my head around folk moaning about £70...Thats a flipping parking ticket!! Fingers crossed for one last london ride, Brixton would be kinda nice.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #367 posted 02/20/14 7:10am

Ppenguin

ADAMSKI123 said:



Ppenguin said:


ADAMSKI123 said:


Yep that was me im affraid to say. (bit embarrassed to have had an argument at a Prince concert!) The security barrier moved forward six inches and the chap to my right thought it was his chance to barge me out the way and jump RIGHT in front of me, we all got a bit excited, understandbly + tiredness. A few scalding words and a little grapple and then an apology, hand shakes and back to the good purple vibes..


I actually can't remember being that excited and buzzing (natural) in my entire adult life!



MM was a nice chap, I spoke with him a little...for someone so distinctive, he's got that Cut N'Chat jazz down to a fine art!! Classic story of that dude getting to the ticket counter at King's Place, finding out it was £70 instead of his expected £10 and using the ticket booth's phone to call his Mummy to pay the £70 over the phone on a card. I thought that was very funny. Props to King's place not just telling him to sod off.



I was right behind you...I'd spent most of the day chatting to the guy who tried to defuse it but couldn't remember a joke. your coat hood was tickling my nose at first smile I managed to get my coat and hoodie off but was still rocking a tshirt and thermal tshirt. It was a long day and that can make you react differently ...I think that's why everyone refused to leave at first until he came back [Edited 2/20/14 6:01am]

Sorry, that coats good but big! I did manage to take it off biggrin I regrettably left before the last encore to rush to the cash point so i get back on the Prince merry go round. It worked, I got back in...God i thought it was great. Still can't get my head around folk moaning about £70...Thats a flipping parking ticket!! Fingers crossed for one last london ride, Brixton would be kinda nice.



I moaned...but only because I didn't like the way they deliberately didn't mention how much it was until you got in the door but I expected to pay £70 as Kiran had set they presidence a few days before with the Acoustic gig. I was just a little miffed that there was a definite vibe of 'right that's your lot' after about 80 mins and, had people not refused to leave (not sure if you were there for that bit) he wouldn't have come back on when they were resetting the stage. It was clear that the second show was going to be longer

Still I think we did better than planned as I've said 'the doorman said to me "better hurry up, you're only getting an hour"
[Edited 2/20/14 7:11am]
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #368 posted 02/20/14 7:27am

ADAMSKI123

Ppenguin said:

ADAMSKI123 said:

Sorry, that coats good but big! I did manage to take it off biggrin I regrettably left before the last encore to rush to the cash point so i get back on the Prince merry go round. It worked, I got back in...God i thought it was great. Still can't get my head around folk moaning about £70...Thats a flipping parking ticket!! Fingers crossed for one last london ride, Brixton would be kinda nice.

I moaned...but only because I didn't like the way they deliberately didn't mention how much it was until you got in the door but I expected to pay £70 as Kiran had set they presidence a few days before with the Acoustic gig. I was just a little miffed that there was a definite vibe of 'right that's your lot' after about 80 mins and, had people not refused to leave (not sure if you were there for that bit) he wouldn't have come back on when they were resetting the stage. It was clear that the second show was going to be longer Still I think we did better than planned as I've said 'the doorman said to me "better hurry up, you're only getting an hour" [Edited 2/20/14 7:11am]

Understood. But hopefully 20 years from now we can all say "we were there". He has added another wonderful experience to our lives. Long may this kind of music Royalty reign. Quality.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #369 posted 02/22/14 8:42am

jayceman

Review of the first show, just posted up here:

http://weheartmusic.typep...21614.html
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #370 posted 02/22/14 10:29am

Ppenguin

jayceman said:

Review of the first show, just posted up here:

http://weheartmusic.typep...21614.html


That's the second show...no wonder he was so happy
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #371 posted 02/24/14 11:11am

gf67

Debut post, so be kind.In 25 years of seeing Prince, I've had plenty of highs and lows. On the low side, I was fleeced on the Rotterdam SOTT trip that didn't happen. There was Blenheim Palace, and in'94 I was in line for 5 hours outside the Glam Slam in LA only to get within a few feet of the door and be told it was full. (Eddie Murphy and his entourage walked right in front of me. Maybe I would've got in if he hadn't shown up) Lots of highs though; First gig at the Paris Bercy for the Lovesexy tour, walking past Radio City Music Hall in '93 when one of the staff came out on to the pavement with a half dozen orchestra seats for face value just as the gig started. Vegas and Koko in the space of a couple of weeks. Aftershows at Indigo. And who would've thought that Prince would play 'Kent'!I'm nearer 50 than 40 and the ‘Hit and Run’ approach isn’t ideal for me. Family, school runs, work commitments mean I can’t queue up all day to get into a show. I don’t think my body would allow it anyway. I was resigned to not seeing any of them.Once the '3 gigs' were announced for Koko though, I figured that a repeat of SBE might happen and that I might be able to see one of the later shows. As it was, I had a ticket to a Jimmy Carr warm-up so went to that thinking that the 3 hour round trip to Camden was a little hairbrained. Got to the interval at 8.30pm and, as the crowd filtered out for drinks, I thought sod it and made for the exit. Missed the second half of Jimmy and drove up to Camden. Parked up at 10.05 and was at the back of the queue by 10.10. Within 5 minutes, I was in the venue and 3rdEye Girl hit the stage. Couldn’t believe it. For me, the funk and roll sound ticked all the boxes. Loved the opening trio of songs, guitar, crowd, everything. The longer the show went on the better it got and I was standing with the masses at 1am waiting for more even though the equipment was being put away.To have the extended show was luck of the draw. It was definitely up there with the best shows I’ve seen Prince do. I understand some of the anger towards the ‘Hit and Run’ approach but I think part of the deal with Prince is that you’ll get a few lows with the amazing highs. Most fans will appreciate that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #372 posted 02/24/14 11:05pm

Ppenguin

gf67 said:

Debut post, so be kind.In 25 years of seeing Prince, I've had plenty of highs and lows. On the low side, I was fleeced on the Rotterdam SOTT trip that didn't happen. There was Blenheim Palace, and in'94 I was in line for 5 hours outside the Glam Slam in LA only to get within a few feet of the door and be told it was full. (Eddie Murphy and his entourage walked right in front of me. Maybe I would've got in if he hadn't shown up) Lots of highs though; First gig at the Paris Bercy for the Lovesexy tour, walking past Radio City Music Hall in '93 when one of the staff came out on to the pavement with a half dozen orchestra seats for face value just as the gig started. Vegas and Koko in the space of a couple of weeks. Aftershows at Indigo. And who would've thought that Prince would play 'Kent'!I'm nearer 50 than 40 and the ‘Hit and Run’ approach isn’t ideal for me. Family, school runs, work commitments mean I can’t queue up all day to get into a show. I don’t think my body would allow it anyway. I was resigned to not seeing any of them.Once the '3 gigs' were announced for Koko though, I figured that a repeat of SBE might happen and that I might be able to see one of the later shows. As it was, I had a ticket to a Jimmy Carr warm-up so went to that thinking that the 3 hour round trip to Camden was a little hairbrained. Got to the interval at 8.30pm and, as the crowd filtered out for drinks, I thought sod it and made for the exit. Missed the second half of Jimmy and drove up to Camden. Parked up at 10.05 and was at the back of the queue by 10.10. Within 5 minutes, I was in the venue and 3rdEye Girl hit the stage. Couldn’t believe it. For me, the funk and roll sound ticked all the boxes. Loved the opening trio of songs, guitar, crowd, everything. The longer the show went on the better it got and I was standing with the masses at 1am waiting for more even though the equipment was being put away.To have the extended show was luck of the draw. It was definitely up there with the best shows I’ve seen Prince do. I understand some of the anger towards the ‘Hit and Run’ approach but I think part of the deal with Prince is that you’ll get a few lows with the amazing highs. Most fans will appreciate that.


...and that's what bugged me about the first show. Those that stopped out overnight of queued for 12 hours got a bare bones 90 minute set to make way for this show which people could just roll upto casually.
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 13 of 13 « First<45678910111213
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > KOKO - Sunday 16th Feb