independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 26th Nov 2014 12:47am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Is Prince broke lately?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/04/11 9:30pm

irinact

Is Prince broke lately?

Lately he was playing in some private concerts for wealthy people. He was playing on Jan.1 in some private party if I'm not wrong in St.Barts Island. He was playing for R. Abramovich, and he only made around 1 million.

I think its cheap for a star of this magnitude getting only one million of $.

Is he desperate for money?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/05/11 12:03am

geo4you

Just desperate for playing!? I hope. hmm

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/05/11 1:01am

Cthulhu

Seeing the price of the tickets in the US and Europe lately i think he's just becoming more and more greedy..... sad

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/05/11 1:06am

rafael

avatar

Cthulhu said:

Seeing the price of the tickets in the US and Europe lately i think he's just becoming more and more greedy..... sad

all tickets have become very expensive....look at other concerts...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/05/11 1:18am

geo4you

rafael said:

Cthulhu said:

Seeing the price of the tickets in the US and Europe lately i think he's just becoming more and more greedy..... sad

all tickets have become very expensive....look at other concerts...

Not all concerts/artists deliver as high quality as Prince. So relatively speaking, he's still worth the money imo...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/05/11 1:18am

purplemookiebu
t

avatar

little man needs to start wearing those outfits more then once!

i was shocked to see that red sparkly number twice.

yoda i don't wear a cross?!!? i wear a prince symbol prince guitar wacky nutty I When Prince's cum dries, diamonds are formed. lol eek drooling no one tops prince in concert!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/05/11 9:02am

2elijah

avatar

I don't see how that would make anyone think he's broke just because he's performing in various places lately.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/05/11 9:10am

irinact

Prince's tickets are are NOT expensive. And there were different prices.

For 200 dollars I got more on Prince's concert on Dec.29, than I got in concerts of other singers. For example I paid over 100 dollars for Lionel Richie concert and that was a huge rip-off!

Prince is mind blowing, even if he is not like before, but his concerts are more entertaining.

I only regret that I didn't buy VIP tickets or tickets to all his 5 shows.

Prince still has it, his magical voice and he is so beautiful. I feel hypnotized when he plays his guitar or piano. It's hard not to love him, no matter what he does.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/05/11 10:31am

FrankieDJ

No one who sells out Madison Square Garden could ever b broke, come on....

irinact said:

Lately he was playing in some private concerts for wealthy people. He was playing on Jan.1 in some private party if I'm not wrong in St.Barts Island. He was playing for R. Abramovich, and he only made around 1 million.

I think its cheap for a star of this magnitude getting only one million of $.

Is he desperate for money?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/05/11 11:14am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

irinact said:

He was playing on Jan.1 in some private party if I'm not wrong in St.Barts Island.

Turks and Caicos Islands

http://www.princevault.co...y,_2011-am

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/05/11 1:00pm

rmartin70

I heard he only did three songs, so $1 million sounds like alot to me.

http://www.contactmusic.c...ow_1193572

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/05/11 1:14pm

heidiv

irinact said:

Prince's tickets are are NOT expensive. And there were different prices.

For 200 dollars I got more on Prince's concert on Dec.29, than I got in concerts of other singers. For example I paid over 100 dollars for Lionel Richie concert and that was a huge rip-off!

Prince is mind blowing, even if he is not like before, but his concerts are more entertaining.

I only regret that I didn't buy VIP tickets or tickets to all his 5 shows.

Prince still has it, his magical voice and he is so beautiful. I feel hypnotized when he plays his guitar or piano. It's hard not to love him, no matter what he does.

Worth every penny!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/05/11 1:22pm

Trashcat

avatar

If Prince is broke, he'd tour his ass off.......... and he isn't really doing big tours at the moment wink

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/06/11 7:02pm

nhersey1

200 face and 500-750 vip is very expensive

I am a HUGE Dylan fan and I go see him about 10 times a year. He charges 45-80 dollars for his shows. If it is a casino he charges about 100. Dylan doesn't run around like Prince and Prince is a better showman, but Dylan is a music icon who contributed hugely to popular music as we know it today.

Good thing Prince doesn't tour as much as Bob. I would be living out of a cardboard box.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/07/11 1:05am

Cthulhu

I went to 2 shows here in Europe, one was not all that good and one rocked.

But seeing the ticket prices and the meagre band line-up last year (no horns etc.) i still think its overpriced.

For example:

Lady Gaga performed here a couple of weeks ago and there was a huge show with props and so on for 50-80 Euro and the Prince show in Gelredome in November cost me 100 Euro, it was a good show but hey no spectacular one.

He even stated that the shows in Europe where rehearsals... paying 100 Euro for a rehearsal is pretty weird if you ask me...

During the ONA tour the prices where half what they are now and he had a larger band i.e. more costs.

Artists like The Rolling Stones and Prince are really money-hungry and that saddens me.

I am a big fan of the litte purple Yoda, but he is a greedy bastard i.m.o.

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/07/11 7:48am

JumpUpOnThe1

avatar

Personally, I feel my money's better spent on a Prince show than say the Depeche Mode show I attended last year. He's a free agent who sometimes works on contract. Likewise I will pay more to see the Ani DiFranco's and Eric Roberson's out there touring as independent businessfolk AND buy more of their merch) not only because I dig the music, but I respect their rejection of the star-maker/status quo/ wal-mart music industry.

********************************************
...Ur standing in the epicenter, Let the shaking begin...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/07/11 11:11am

robertlove

irinact said:

Lately he was playing in some private concerts for wealthy people. He was playing on Jan.1 in some private party if I'm not wrong in St.Barts Island. He was playing for R. Abramovich, and he only made around 1 million.

I think its cheap for a star of this magnitude getting only one million of $.

Is he desperate for money?

You're kidding right? 1 million for a short concert...that's a lot of money!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/07/11 1:29pm

eelco

Prince has contniually been ''bankrupt'' since 1988/89 which was probably the only time he really was. This rumour has been popping up continously and yet he's still capable of living his lifestyle , only performing 15 shows a year or so.... I think he 's not even close to bankrupt.

True, his concerts are outrageously expensive but all other artists' shows are by now. Prince is just a little more expensive then others but everyone has to agree there are few artist who deliver the same quality (and length MOST of the time) in their shows,

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/07/11 4:07pm

GoldiesParade

avatar

2elijah said:

I don't see how that would make anyone think he's broke just because he's performing in various places lately.

Spreading his eggs. That's all. You never know when that train will come to an end. The pension needs looking after I guess.

http://www.goldiesparade.co.uk/ - Prince discography and Plectrum Electrum latest
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/07/11 8:58pm

IamFunkay7

I think it cost alot because he's all by himself on this one, no label, just him and livenation..

As a result, I love being a fan of people, but you can miss me thinking I'm paying that much to see you right now.. 200 is pretty pricey, but if you wish it, hey its your money not mine. I know that he doesn't do it on purpose though, so I dont complain.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/09/11 1:12pm

nhersey1

I saw Lady GaGa too and I've seen Prince... Prince wins hands down... better music and better talent. Not into a "props" show. I go to a concert to hear music. I guess it depends on what you like for a concert really. I like musicians more than a dance/prop show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/09/11 3:23pm

JeePee

avatar

nhersey1 said:

200 face and 500-750 vip is very expensive

I am a HUGE Dylan fan and I go see him about 10 times a year. He charges 45-80 dollars for his shows. If it is a casino he charges about 100. Dylan doesn't run around like Prince and Prince is a better showman, but Dylan is a music icon who contributed hugely to popular music as we know it today.

Good thing Prince doesn't tour as much as Bob. I would be living out of a cardboard box.

There's one big difference between a Dylan and a Prince show: the stage setup. Prince is packing a lot more equipment than Dylan does.

In Europe prices of both of them are comparable.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/09/11 7:14pm

nhersey1

wow, prince is that cheap in europe? He is much more expensive than bob here in the states.

it's funny lots of dylan fans ask the same thing about dylan ... is he broke... maybe these entertainers live for this and it is what they love to do. so they just keep going and going and going. Dylan tours 100 dates a year and has been since the 80s

Seems like Prince performs a lot too but not so close to me.

They are both wonderful!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/13/11 7:48pm

stillwaiting

He's doing whatever he can possibly do to avoid sellout concerts, with the exception of the MSG gigs, which will sell out as people up there love to be seen at MSG. He did whatever he could do to assure the Izod shows would NOT sell out. Simply doing the obvious of putting tickets on sale 4 months before the actual show would be an almost sure thing, but he simply lacks the business sense to do that.

"Hello, Welcome to the Dawn...You've Just become an official member of the New Power Generation." "Your NPG Lunchbox and Membership Card will be in the mail soon." "This lame interlude will get worse each year you own this album."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/14/11 4:46am

vandeluca

Regarding IZod, I think alot of people also just don't like the sound at that place and you have to remember that target market think nothing to go to MSG-half the people work in NYC anyway.

I am from Philly and I actually would rather go the same (almost) distance to MSG than IZOD....MSG has NYC, Philly and CT as a base...However with that being said not overly impressed with the sound at MSG...He needs to come to Philly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/19/11 1:47am

plchaos

vandeluca said:

Regarding IZod, I think alot of people also just don't like the sound at that place and you have to remember that target market think nothing to go to MSG-half the people work in NYC anyway.

I am from Philly and I actually would rather go the same (almost) distance to MSG than IZOD....MSG has NYC, Philly and CT as a base...However with that being said not overly impressed with the sound at MSG...He needs to come to Philly.

i thought the sound at MSG was very muddy- dont know why. many have complained about the sound at msg- if we hear this, why cant the soundman hear it?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Is Prince broke lately?