independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 22nd Apr 2019 5:05pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump, Russia and ALL Things Related part 4
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 23 of 26 « First<17181920212223242526>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #660 posted 02/21/19 5:42pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:


If that is not photoshopped, that's a great pic


lol Or even if it is.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #661 posted 02/21/19 5:45pm

poppys

herb4 said:

I'll take "Criminals With Weirdly Shaped Heads" for $500, Alex.

I think Stone is a coke fiend. He behaves like one and it would explain a lot.


falloff

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #662 posted 02/21/19 5:49pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

Musicslave said:

Stone gets a strict gag order and a promise to go straight to jail if he violates his bail conditions again.

-

Please remind me to apologize profusely if I'm ever before a judge.......

-

"But Judge Amy Berman Jackson made clear in no uncertain terms that she didn’t buy Stone’s desperate apologies and imposed a strict gag order barring him from speaking publicly in any shape or form about Robert Mueller’s investigation.

-

“Thank you, but the apology rings quite hollow,” Jackson told Stone.

-

She also warned she’ll send him straight to the slammer if he tries any similar shenanigans in the future."

-

If she wasn't buying it, why the leniency? Maybe she was worried about being labeled an unfair "Obama-appointed partisan."

-

-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/21/judge-roger-stone-stop-talking-federal-case/2938729002/

-

Jackson's stricter restrictions came after Stone posted a picture of the judge Monday next to what appeared to be a gun’s crosshairs.

-

Jackson said Stone made his living through messages, so that she didn’t believe the picture was chosen at random. She said the image could have stoked an angry crowd to violence.

-

“Mr. Stone couldn’t even keep his story straight on the stand,” Jackson said. “Thank you, but the apology rings quite hollow.”

-

Jackson said her rules are designed to prevent the case from degenerating into a circus.

-

“The publicity can’t possibly subside if the defendant is out there fanning the flames,” Jackson said as Stone leaned his head on his right fist. “I have serious doubts about whether you’ve learned any lesson at all.”

-

-

If you doubt that the person randomly chose the picture why let him off easy? If you feel that those images could've stocked an angry crowd or lone wolf to violence, why let him off easy? Maybe she's afraid of being labeled an "Obama-appointed partisan." In my opinion, she should've sent him straight to jail or issued a strict gag order to begin with.



Roger Stone to keep his trap shut? Good luck with that! He was tweeting this morning on the way to the courthouse. She was correct - his apology was shallow and far from genuine.

sigh I don't think gag orders work on megalomaniacs.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #663 posted 02/22/19 6:08am

2elijah

avatar

This should be interesting....



https://www.google.com/ur...0663226280

Michael Cohen Will Reportedly ‘Pull the Curtain Back’ on Trump’s Crimes

The president’s former attorney and fixer will testify before Congress next week. According to his attorney, Lanny Davis, Cohen has a lot to say

RYAN BORT

FEBRUARY 21, 2019 3:57PM

“Michael Cohen, President Trump’s embattled former lawyer and fixer, was set to testify before Congress on February 7th. Then, late last month, he backed out, citing fear over threats from his former boss. A day after Cohen reconsidered voluntarily appearing before Congress, the Senate Intelligence Committee left him with no choice, issuing a subpoena that effectively forced him to testify. He’ll do so next week. A lot. On Tuesday, Cohen will sit down for a private session with the Senate Intelligence Committee. On Wednesday, he’ll appear publicly before the House Oversight Committee. On Thursday, he’ll appear before the House Intelligence Committee for another closed-door session. If Cohen’s attorney Lanny Davis is to be believed (a big “if,” no doubt), we could learn a lot about Trump’s potential involvement in criminal activity.”


“He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.”

(Click link to continue reading)
[Edited 2/22/19 6:13am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #664 posted 02/22/19 6:30am

poppys

2elijah said:

This should be interesting.... https://www.google.com/ur...0663226280 Michael Cohen Will Reportedly ‘Pull the Curtain Back’ on Trump’s Crimes The president’s former attorney and fixer will testify before Congress next week. According to his attorney, Lanny Davis, Cohen has a lot to say RYAN BORT FEBRUARY 21, 2019 3:57PM “Michael Cohen, President Trump’s embattled former lawyer and fixer, was set to testify before Congress on February 7th. Then, late last month, he backed out, citing fear over threats from his former boss. A day after Cohen reconsidered voluntarily appearing before Congress, the Senate Intelligence Committee left him with no choice, issuing a subpoena that effectively forced him to testify. He’ll do so next week. A lot. On Tuesday, Cohen will sit down for a private session with the Senate Intelligence Committee. On Wednesday, he’ll appear publicly before the House Oversight Committee. On Thursday, he’ll appear before the House Intelligence Committee for another closed-door session. If Cohen’s attorney Lanny Davis is to be believed (a big “if,” no doubt), we could learn a lot about Trump’s potential involvement in criminal activity.” “He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.” (Click link to continue reading) [Edited 2/22/19 6:13am]


I hope he talks but this guy is sounding a lot like Manafort. Playing footsie for time and still hoping for a fallback pardon from Orangetrash. Saying he will talk just enough to keep stalling, buying a few weeks, months at a time.

Did you see they took down an IRS analyst who supposedly leaked info about Cohen to Avenatti? Trump's end is working hard to keep him safe and confuse every issue to support his ficticious witch hunt.

https://www.politico.com/...ti-1179748

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #665 posted 02/22/19 6:45am

Musicslave

poppys said:

2elijah said:

This should be interesting.... https://www.google.com/ur...0663226280 Michael Cohen Will Reportedly ‘Pull the Curtain Back’ on Trump’s Crimes The president’s former attorney and fixer will testify before Congress next week. According to his attorney, Lanny Davis, Cohen has a lot to say RYAN BORT FEBRUARY 21, 2019 3:57PM “Michael Cohen, President Trump’s embattled former lawyer and fixer, was set to testify before Congress on February 7th. Then, late last month, he backed out, citing fear over threats from his former boss. A day after Cohen reconsidered voluntarily appearing before Congress, the Senate Intelligence Committee left him with no choice, issuing a subpoena that effectively forced him to testify. He’ll do so next week. A lot. On Tuesday, Cohen will sit down for a private session with the Senate Intelligence Committee. On Wednesday, he’ll appear publicly before the House Oversight Committee. On Thursday, he’ll appear before the House Intelligence Committee for another closed-door session. If Cohen’s attorney Lanny Davis is to be believed (a big “if,” no doubt), we could learn a lot about Trump’s potential involvement in criminal activity.” “He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.” (Click link to continue reading) [Edited 2/22/19 6:13am]


I hope he talks but this guy is sounding a lot like Manafort. Playing footsie for time and still hoping for a fallback pardon from Orangetrash. Saying he will talk just enough to keep stalling, buying a few weeks, months at a time.

Did you see they took down an IRS analyst who supposedly leaked info about Cohen to Avenatti? Trump's end is working hard to keep him safe and confuse every issue to support his ficticious witch hunt.

https://www.politico.com/...ti-1179748

-

trump and co. will try to write off whatever Cohen says as merely a smear campaign. trump thinks he's going to have a polical problem and not a legal problem from Mueller's report. In other words, "Since you don't have anything on me legally, you bring out someone to launch a smear campaign."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #666 posted 02/22/19 6:51am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:



2elijah said:


This should be interesting.... https://www.google.com/ur...0663226280 Michael Cohen Will Reportedly ‘Pull the Curtain Back’ on Trump’s Crimes The president’s former attorney and fixer will testify before Congress next week. According to his attorney, Lanny Davis, Cohen has a lot to say RYAN BORT FEBRUARY 21, 2019 3:57PM “Michael Cohen, President Trump’s embattled former lawyer and fixer, was set to testify before Congress on February 7th. Then, late last month, he backed out, citing fear over threats from his former boss. A day after Cohen reconsidered voluntarily appearing before Congress, the Senate Intelligence Committee left him with no choice, issuing a subpoena that effectively forced him to testify. He’ll do so next week. A lot. On Tuesday, Cohen will sit down for a private session with the Senate Intelligence Committee. On Wednesday, he’ll appear publicly before the House Oversight Committee. On Thursday, he’ll appear before the House Intelligence Committee for another closed-door session. If Cohen’s attorney Lanny Davis is to be believed (a big “if,” no doubt), we could learn a lot about Trump’s potential involvement in criminal activity.” “He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.” (Click link to continue reading) [Edited 2/22/19 6:13am]


I hope he talks but this guy is sounding a lot like Manafort. Playing footsie for time and still hoping for a fallback pardon from Orangetrash. Saying he will talk just enough to keep stalling, buying a few weeks, months at a time.

Did you see they took down an IRS analyst who supposedly leaked info about Cohen to Avenatti? Trump's end is working hard to keep him safe and confuse every issue to support his ficticious witch hunt.

https://www.politico.com/...ti-1179748


Yes, heard about that yesterday. I don’t think the MAGA hat dunce will pardon him though. I do think he still fears for his family but will still release enough info to try and get his sentence reduced.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #667 posted 02/22/19 6:53am

2elijah

avatar

Musicslave said:



poppys said:




2elijah said:


This should be interesting.... https://www.google.com/ur...0663226280 Michael Cohen Will Reportedly ‘Pull the Curtain Back’ on Trump’s Crimes The president’s former attorney and fixer will testify before Congress next week. According to his attorney, Lanny Davis, Cohen has a lot to say RYAN BORT FEBRUARY 21, 2019 3:57PM “Michael Cohen, President Trump’s embattled former lawyer and fixer, was set to testify before Congress on February 7th. Then, late last month, he backed out, citing fear over threats from his former boss. A day after Cohen reconsidered voluntarily appearing before Congress, the Senate Intelligence Committee left him with no choice, issuing a subpoena that effectively forced him to testify. He’ll do so next week. A lot. On Tuesday, Cohen will sit down for a private session with the Senate Intelligence Committee. On Wednesday, he’ll appear publicly before the House Oversight Committee. On Thursday, he’ll appear before the House Intelligence Committee for another closed-door session. If Cohen’s attorney Lanny Davis is to be believed (a big “if,” no doubt), we could learn a lot about Trump’s potential involvement in criminal activity.” “He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.” (Click link to continue reading) [Edited 2/22/19 6:13am]


I hope he talks but this guy is sounding a lot like Manafort. Playing footsie for time and still hoping for a fallback pardon from Orangetrash. Saying he will talk just enough to keep stalling, buying a few weeks, months at a time.

Did you see they took down an IRS analyst who supposedly leaked info about Cohen to Avenatti? Trump's end is working hard to keep him safe and confuse every issue to support his ficticious witch hunt.

https://www.politico.com/...ti-1179748



-


trump and co. will try to write off whatever Cohen says as merely a smear campaign. trump thinks he's going to have a polical problem and not a legal problem from Mueller's report. In other words, "Since you don't have anything on me legally, you bring out someone to launch a smear campaign."


Yes, he’ll do his usual manchild tweets insulting Cohen, calling him a liar and say he’s just trying to save himself.
[Edited 2/22/19 7:08am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #668 posted 02/22/19 10:13am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

poppys said:


I hope he talks but this guy is sounding a lot like Manafort. Playing footsie for time and still hoping for a fallback pardon from Orangetrash. Saying he will talk just enough to keep stalling, buying a few weeks, months at a time.

Did you see they took down an IRS analyst who supposedly leaked info about Cohen to Avenatti? Trump's end is working hard to keep him safe and confuse every issue to support his ficticious witch hunt.

https://www.politico.com/...ti-1179748

Yes, heard about that yesterday. I don’t think the MAGA hat dunce will pardon him though. I do think he still fears for his family but will still release enough info to try and get his sentence reduced.

Agreed. The guy has nothing to lose and everything to gain by talking. Trump had already talked shit about him - he will not pardon Cohen. He has said nothing bad about Manafort, though. thin COhen had shoulder surgery which also added to the delays and why he will not begin his prison sentence until May.

popcorn Looking forward to this.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #669 posted 02/22/19 10:13am

2elijah

avatar

I hope this plan works for the NYC DA:


https://www.google.com/am...ardons-him

New York Has Prepared Paul Manafort Charges If Trump Pardons Him

By Greg Farrell
February 22, 2019, 10:19 AM EST
Updated on February 22, 2019, 12:05 PM EST


“New York state prosecutors have put together a criminal case against Paul Manafort that they could file quickly if the former chairman of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign receives a presidential pardon.

New York County District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is ready to file an array of tax and other charges against Manafort, according to two people familiar with the matter, something seen as an insurance policy should the president exercise his power to free the former aide. Skirting laws that protect defendants from being charged twice for the same offense has been one of Vance’s challenges.



Manafort was convicted of eight felonies, pleaded guilty to two more and is scheduled to be sentenced next month for those federal crimes. Prosecutors working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller have recommended as long as 24 years, a virtual life sentence, for the 69-year-old political consultant.

The president, who has bemoaned Manafort’s treatment at the hands of Mueller, said in November that he has not ruled out a pardon. He has frequently talked of his broad pardon power, possibly extending even to himself, and acted to liberate two political allies previously.
[Edited 2/22/19 10:18am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #670 posted 02/22/19 10:16am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


poppys said:



I hope he talks but this guy is sounding a lot like Manafort. Playing footsie for time and still hoping for a fallback pardon from Orangetrash. Saying he will talk just enough to keep stalling, buying a few weeks, months at a time.

Did you see they took down an IRS analyst who supposedly leaked info about Cohen to Avenatti? Trump's end is working hard to keep him safe and confuse every issue to support his ficticious witch hunt.

https://www.politico.com/...ti-1179748



Yes, heard about that yesterday. I don’t think the MAGA hat dunce will pardon him though. I do think he still fears for his family but will still release enough info to try and get his sentence reduced.


Agreed. The guy has nothing to lose and everything to gain by talking. Trump had already talked shit about him - he will not pardon Cohen. He has said nothing bad about Manafort, though. thin COhen had shoulder surgery which also added to the delays and why he will not begin his prison sentence until May.

popcorn Looking forward to this.



The public hearing is scheduled for next Wednesday.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #671 posted 02/22/19 10:54am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

I hope this plan works for the NYC DA: https://www.google.com/am...ardons-him New York Has Prepared Paul Manafort Charges If Trump Pardons Him By Greg Farrell February 22, 2019, 10:19 AM EST Updated on February 22, 2019, 12:05 PM EST “New York state prosecutors have put together a criminal case against Paul Manafort that they could file quickly if the former chairman of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign receives a presidential pardon. New York County District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is ready to file an array of tax and other charges against Manafort, according to two people familiar with the matter, something seen as an insurance policy should the president exercise his power to free the former aide. Skirting laws that protect defendants from being charged twice for the same offense has been one of Vance’s challenges. Manafort was convicted of eight felonies, pleaded guilty to two more and is scheduled to be sentenced next month for those federal crimes. Prosecutors working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller have recommended as long as 24 years, a virtual life sentence, for the 69-year-old political consultant. The president, who has bemoaned Manafort’s treatment at the hands of Mueller, said in November that he has not ruled out a pardon. He has frequently talked of his broad pardon power, possibly extending even to himself, and acted to liberate two political allies previously. [Edited 2/22/19 10:18am]

clapping

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #672 posted 02/22/19 1:04pm

Musicslave

2elijah said:

I hope this plan works for the NYC DA: https://www.google.com/am...ardons-him New York Has Prepared Paul Manafort Charges If Trump Pardons Him By Greg Farrell February 22, 2019, 10:19 AM EST Updated on February 22, 2019, 12:05 PM EST “New York state prosecutors have put together a criminal case against Paul Manafort that they could file quickly if the former chairman of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign receives a presidential pardon. New York County District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is ready to file an array of tax and other charges against Manafort, according to two people familiar with the matter, something seen as an insurance policy should the president exercise his power to free the former aide. Skirting laws that protect defendants from being charged twice for the same offense has been one of Vance’s challenges. Manafort was convicted of eight felonies, pleaded guilty to two more and is scheduled to be sentenced next month for those federal crimes. Prosecutors working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller have recommended as long as 24 years, a virtual life sentence, for the 69-year-old political consultant. The president, who has bemoaned Manafort’s treatment at the hands of Mueller, said in November that he has not ruled out a pardon. He has frequently talked of his broad pardon power, possibly extending even to himself, and acted to liberate two political allies previously. [Edited 2/22/19 10:18am]

-

This was always an option for the SDNY. I like how they kept their intentions quiet unitl now. They knew all along they had this option but allowed Paulie and trump to think he could escape time through a pardon. lol lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #673 posted 02/22/19 1:18pm

Musicslave

Special Counsel office confirmed that they WILL NOT be submitting their report to the AG's office next week.

-

-

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/22/politics/mueller-report-next-week/index.html

-

Justice Dept. official: Mueller report not expected next week

-

Washington (CNN) Special counsel Robert Mueller is not expected to deliver his report on the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election next week, a Justice Department official briefed on the plans told CNN.

-

The official declined to comment on why the report may not be ready next week, saying the timing has always been a moving target.

[Edited 2/22/19 13:19pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #674 posted 02/22/19 1:26pm

2elijah

avatar

Musicslave said:

Special Counsel office confirmed that they WILL NOT be submitting their report to the AG's office next week.



I heard that it's because they don't want to interfere with trump's trip next week when he's out of the country, (according to a guest on CNN live reorting earlier). Then there's all the Cohen hearings next week as well, but who knows what the real reason is.
[Edited 2/22/19 13:29pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #675 posted 02/22/19 1:37pm

Musicslave

2elijah said:

Musicslave said:

Special Counsel office confirmed that they WILL NOT be submitting their report to the AG's office next week.

I heard that it's because they don't want to interfere with trump's trip next week when he's out of the country, (according to a guest on CNN live reorting earlier). Then there's all the Cohen hearings next week as well, but who knows what the real reason is. [Edited 2/22/19 13:29pm]

-

Right. Next week will be a doozy. Cohen seems like he can't wait to tell the world who this man REALLY is. Most of us already know. It's his base that will be in denial even after he airs his dirty laundry.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #676 posted 02/22/19 1:46pm

2elijah

avatar

Musicslave said:



2elijah said:


Musicslave said:

Special Counsel office confirmed that they WILL NOT be submitting their report to the AG's office next week.



I heard that it's because they don't want to interfere with trump's trip next week when he's out of the country, (according to a guest on CNN live reorting earlier). Then there's all the Cohen hearings next week as well, but who knows what the real reason is. [Edited 2/22/19 13:29pm]

-


Right. Next week will be a doozy. Cohen seems like he can't wait to tell the world who this man REALLY is. Most of us already know. It's his base that will be in denial even after he airs his dirty laundry.


Oh yeah, I expect many of trump's supporters will deny all that Cohen exposes about trump.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #677 posted 02/22/19 2:34pm

poppys

Musicslave said:

2elijah said:

I hope this plan works for the NYC DA: https://www.google.com/am...ardons-him New York Has Prepared Paul Manafort Charges If Trump Pardons Him By Greg Farrell February 22, 2019, 10:19 AM EST Updated on February 22, 2019, 12:05 PM EST “New York state prosecutors have put together a criminal case against Paul Manafort that they could file quickly if the former chairman of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign receives a presidential pardon. New York County District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is ready to file an array of tax and other charges against Manafort, according to two people familiar with the matter, something seen as an insurance policy should the president exercise his power to free the former aide. Skirting laws that protect defendants from being charged twice for the same offense has been one of Vance’s challenges. Manafort was convicted of eight felonies, pleaded guilty to two more and is scheduled to be sentenced next month for those federal crimes. Prosecutors working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller have recommended as long as 24 years, a virtual life sentence, for the 69-year-old political consultant. The president, who has bemoaned Manafort’s treatment at the hands of Mueller, said in November that he has not ruled out a pardon. He has frequently talked of his broad pardon power, possibly extending even to himself, and acted to liberate two political allies previously.

-

This was always an option for the SDNY. I like how they kept their intentions quiet unitl now. They knew all along they had this option but allowed Paulie and trump to think he could escape time through a pardon. lol lol lol


Cool, some info here.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #678 posted 02/22/19 2:37pm

poppys

2elijah said:

Musicslave said:

Special Counsel office confirmed that they WILL NOT be submitting their report to the AG's office next week.


I heard that it's because they don't want to interfere with trump's trip next week when he's out of the country, (according to a guest on CNN live reorting earlier). Then there's all the Cohen hearings next week as well, but who knows what the real reason is.


Still trusting Mueller's judgement, if that's what it is.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #679 posted 02/22/19 4:05pm

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:



2elijah said:


Musicslave said:

Special Counsel office confirmed that they WILL NOT be submitting their report to the AG's office next week.




I heard that it's because they don't want to interfere with trump's trip next week when he's out of the country, (according to a guest on CNN live reorting earlier). Then there's all the Cohen hearings next week as well, but who knows what the real reason is.



Still trusting Mueller's judgement, if that's what it is.


CNN now reporting that Mueller may reveal new Russia probe details ahead of report. They’re standing by for last major court filing in Manafort case. He’s expected to face criminal charges in NY.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #680 posted 02/22/19 5:19pm

herb4

avatar

2elijah said:

Musicslave said:

-

Right. Next week will be a doozy. Cohen seems like he can't wait to tell the world who this man REALLY is. Most of us already know. It's his base that will be in denial even after he airs his dirty laundry.

Oh yeah, I expect many of trump's supporters will deny all that Cohen exposes about trump.


THey will. Trump could strangle a baby kitten on live TV on the White House lawn and his CHUDS would blame the media for reporting it. FOX News would air reports about how kittens cause cancer and are used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs.

I'm not ready to believe everything Cohen says and take him at face value but the list of people that Trump has pivoted from calling "the best, smartest, greatest people" to "weak liars with an agenda" is a mile long so there you go. God damn I can't wait for this criminal clown car of an administration to rot and die and at least get someone worthy of the mantle of Leader of the Free WOrld back in charge.

This is just fucking scummy and embarrassing. I'm tired of it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #681 posted 02/22/19 6:31pm

2elijah

avatar

herb4 said:



2elijah said:


Musicslave said:


-


Right. Next week will be a doozy. Cohen seems like he can't wait to tell the world who this man REALLY is. Most of us already know. It's his base that will be in denial even after he airs his dirty laundry.



Oh yeah, I expect many of trump's supporters will deny all that Cohen exposes about trump.


THey will. Trump could strangle a baby kitten on live TV on the White House lawn and his CHUDS would blame the media for reporting it. FOX News would air reports about how kittens cause cancer and are used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs.

I'm not ready to believe everything Cohen says and take him at face value but the list of people that Trump has pivoted from calling "the best, smartest, greatest people" to "weak liars with an agenda" is a mile long so there you go. God damn I can't wait for this criminal clown car of an administration to rot and die and at least get someone worthy of the mantle of Leader of the Free WOrld back in charge.

This is just fucking scummy and embarrassing. I'm tired of it.


Lmao! Love your post, because it’s soooo true. clapping Many of trump’s supporters are hypocrites. They give trump a pass for all his racist comments and lies, but will viciously stalk, troll, insult and attack anyone verbally, who associates trump’s MAGA hat message with racism, because then it would force many trumpers to question their conscience by asking themselves, if they hold the same racist beliefs as he does.

They’ll attack Cohen for exposing dirty details about trump’s financial dealings, and other shady info, and accuse Cohen of lying to get a reduced prison sentence.
That’s just about how FOX will spin it.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #682 posted 02/22/19 6:32pm

2elijah

avatar

herb4 said:



2elijah said:


Musicslave said:


-


Right. Next week will be a doozy. Cohen seems like he can't wait to tell the world who this man REALLY is. Most of us already know. It's his base that will be in denial even after he airs his dirty laundry.



Oh yeah, I expect many of trump's supporters will deny all that Cohen exposes about trump.


THey will. Trump could strangle a baby kitten on live TV on the White House lawn and his CHUDS would blame the media for reporting it. FOX News would air reports about how kittens cause cancer and are used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs.

I'm not ready to believe everything Cohen says and take him at face value but the list of people that Trump has pivoted from calling "the best, smartest, greatest people" to "weak liars with an agenda" is a mile long so there you go. God damn I can't wait for this criminal clown car of an administration to rot and die and at least get someone worthy of the mantle of Leader of the Free WOrld back in charge.

This is just fucking scummy and embarrassing. I'm tired of it.


Lmao! Love your post, because it’s soooo true. clapping Many of trump’s supporters are hypocrites. They give trump a pass for all his racist comments and lies, but will viciously stalk, troll, insult and attack anyone verbally, who associates trump’s MAGA hat message with racism, because then it would force many trumpers to question their conscience by asking themselves, if they hold the same racist beliefs as he does.

They’ll attack Cohen for exposing dirty details about trump’s financial dealings, and other shady info, and accuse Cohen of lying to get a reduced prison sentence.
That’s just about how FOX will spin it too. Lol.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #683 posted 02/22/19 11:51pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

herb4 said:


THey will. Trump could strangle a baby kitten on live TV on the White House lawn and his CHUDS would blame the media for reporting it. FOX News would air reports about how kittens cause cancer and are used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs.

I'm not ready to believe everything Cohen says and take him at face value but the list of people that Trump has pivoted from calling "the best, smartest, greatest people" to "weak liars with an agenda" is a mile long so there you go. God damn I can't wait for this criminal clown car of an administration to rot and die and at least get someone worthy of the mantle of Leader of the Free WOrld back in charge.

This is just fucking scummy and embarrassing. I'm tired of it.

Lmao! Love your post, because it’s soooo true. clapping Many of trump’s supporters are hypocrites. They give trump a pass for all his racist comments and lies, but will viciously stalk, troll, insult and attack anyone verbally, who associates trump’s MAGA hat message with racism, because then it would force many trumpers to question their conscience by asking themselves, if they hold the same racist beliefs as he does. They’ll attack Cohen for exposing dirty details about trump’s financial dealings, and other shady info, and accuse Cohen of lying to get a reduced prison sentence. That’s just about how FOX will spin it too. Lol.


God, they are so predictable wink

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #684 posted 02/23/19 6:04am

poppys

Cohen won't be discussing Russia in the public hearings. But there are 3 sessions. Good article explains where we're at with Cohen:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-testimony.html

...The committee’s chairman indicated that after consultation with the Justice Department and the House Intelligence Committee, Mr. Cohen would not be allowed to discuss matters related to Russia, including a proposed Trump Tower project in Moscow under scrutiny by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.


...The public hearing is one of three sessions Mr. Cohen will have next week on Capitol Hill. He is also scheduled to participate in private deposition-style interviews with the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, where he is likely to be pressed on matters pertaining to Russia and other potential efforts by foreign powers to gain influence over Mr. Trump. Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying to the two intelligence committees about the Trump Organization proposal to build a skyscraper in Moscow.


[Edited 2/23/19 6:09am]

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #685 posted 02/23/19 7:32am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

Cohen won't be discussing Russia in the public hearings. But there are 3 sessions. Good article explains where we're at with Cohen:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-testimony.html


...The committee’s chairman indicated that after consultation with the Justice Department and the House Intelligence Committee, Mr. Cohen would not be allowed to discuss matters related to Russia, including a proposed Trump Tower project in Moscow under scrutiny by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.


...The public hearing is one of three sessions Mr. Cohen will have next week on Capitol Hill. He is also scheduled to participate in private deposition-style interviews with the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, where he is likely to be pressed on matters pertaining to Russia and other potential efforts by foreign powers to gain influence over Mr. Trump. Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying to the two intelligence committees about the Trump Organization proposal to build a skyscraper in Moscow.



[Edited 2/23/19 6:09am]


Thanks poppy.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #686 posted 02/23/19 8:15am

poppys

Looks to be popcorn worthy at least.

..In a two-page memo released late Wednesday, Mr. (Sen Elijah) Cummings outlined 10 topics that he said would be addressed, including “the president’s debts and payments relating to efforts to influence the 2016 election” and his compliance with federal tax and campaign finance laws. Other topics were more open-ended, including Mr. Trump’s business practices and possible conflicts of interest, as well as the “accuracy of the president’s public statements.”

...If Democrats are hoping that Mr. Cohen’s testimony will damage Mr. Trump’s public image, Republicans have been laying the groundwork to try to undercut Mr. Cohen’s credibility first. In a letter to Mr. Cummings on Tuesday, the oversight committee’s top Republicans referred to Mr. Cohen as “an admitted serial liar” and accused the Democrats of putting on a political show.

Michael Cohen @MichaelCohen212




The schedule has now been set. Looking forward to the #American people hearing my story in my voice! #truth

https://www.gofundme.com/hqjupj-michael-cohen-truth-fund https://oversight.house.gov/news/press-releases/committee-announces-rescheduling-of-michael-cohen-s-public-testimony

8,000
4:43 PM - Feb 20, 2019 · Manhattan, NY



What a douche. Can't say my hopes are real high.

life, it ain't real funky unless it's got that pop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #687 posted 02/23/19 8:22am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

Looks to be popcorn worthy at least.



..In a two-page memo released late Wednesday, Mr. (Sen Elijah) Cummings outlined 10 topics that he said would be addressed, including “the president’s debts and payments relating to efforts to influence the 2016 election” and his compliance with federal tax and campaign finance laws. Other topics were more open-ended, including Mr. Trump’s business practices and possible conflicts of interest, as well as the “accuracy of the president’s public statements.”

...If Democrats are hoping that Mr. Cohen’s testimony will damage Mr. Trump’s public image, Republicans have been laying the groundwork to try to undercut Mr. Cohen’s credibility first. In a letter to Mr. Cummings on Tuesday, the oversight committee’s top Republicans referred to Mr. Cohen as “an admitted serial liar” and accused the Democrats of putting on a political show.




Michael Cohen @MichaelCohen212










The schedule has now been set. Looking forward to the #American people hearing my story in my voice! #truth

https://www.gofundme.com/hqjupj-michael-cohen-truth-fund https://oversight.house.gov/news/press-releases/committee-announces-rescheduling-of-michael-cohen-s-public-testimony



8,000

4:43 PM - Feb 20, 2019 · Manhattan, NY







What a douche. Can't say my hopes are real high.




And of course we knew the coward repubs will deny all the allegations against trump, call Cohen a liar, and they work for the biggest liar/conman in America, who is the only who could get away with pulling hoaxes on the American people, with his bs wall.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #688 posted 02/23/19 8:34am

herb4

avatar

poppys said:

Cohen won't be discussing Russia in the public hearings. But there are 3 sessions. Good article explains where we're at with Cohen:


I doubt Cohen (or even Trump for that matter) had any sort of nefarious, pre-determined plan or anything like that to conspire with Russia against the United States; meaning I doubt there was "collusion" in any formal sense.

What we're looking at here is basically money laundering and incredibly shady loans through a foreign government, going back to the early to mid 90's, that invariably ties into the Russian mob. Lots of shady shit going back a while. Problem for Trump is that he likely never expected to become President and have the Russian fuckery with the elections come out so, more than likely, the real meat of the crimes happened some time back (hence, no tax returns/financials being released) and, through the shady financial deals with Russia, Trump and his people are compromised because the FBI caught wind of Russia fucking around with our elections.

If Trump were smart, he would have just stayed out of politics, sat back and tweeted stupid hot takes and run shitty reality TV shows while selling his name/brand. But his ego wouldn't allow it and his fans are not only as dumb as he is but also rather cult like in their devotion, happy to stroke Donald's massive ego. Which is, again, the ONLY thing he cares about. Trumps wants to be seen as sophisticated, smart, strong and classy when he's really a trust fund baby born on third base who brags about hitting a triple. Ever notice how in every speech he gives he goes out of his way to mention how many coompliments he gets and accomplishments he's acheived?

Secure people don't do that.

It's important to remember that for a while, no U.S. bank would go near Donald Trump since he never paid back his loans (nor his workers), which creates desperation in someone like him who ONLY cares about money and how it effects his image. He's "nouveau riche" and genuinely wealthy people laugh at him for the clown that he is. He's Gordon Gecko writ large only stupider by half.

Also worth remembering that Micahel Cohen is not a "lawyer" in any real sense. He had, at the time of his arrest, exactly THREE clients, 2 of which were Donald Trump and Sean Hannity. He's a "fixer"; someone who finds legal ways to do illegal things like launder money, pay bribes, make threats and obfuscate under the table deals and shady payments.

These people are all anti-american phonies who have conned 40% of the American public like so many televangilists, and informercial hawks, which it turns out is real easy to do when your average american values wealth and fame above anything else. We've become a nation of used car salesman, conspiracy theorists and Amway distributors who are driven by You Tube clicks while dry humping what's left of the American Dream, leveraged up to our ass in debt.

Trump, in many ways, is exactly the president we deserve and the person who most reflects our values. Unfortunately.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #689 posted 02/23/19 9:06am

Musicslave

herb4 said:

poppys said:

Cohen won't be discussing Russia in the public hearings. But there are 3 sessions. Good article explains where we're at with Cohen:


I doubt Cohen (or even Trump for that matter) had any sort of nefarious, pre-determined plan or anything like that to conspire with Russia against the United States; meaning I doubt there was "collusion" in any formal sense.

What we're looking at here is basically money laundering and incredibly shady loans through a foreign government, going back to the early to mid 90's, that invariably ties into the Russian mob. Lots of shady shit going back a while. Problem for Trump is that he likely never expected to become President and have the Russian fuckery with the elections come out so, more than likely, the real meat of the crimes happened some time back (hence, no tax returns/financials being released) and, through the shady financial deals with Russia, Trump and his people are compromised because the FBI caught wind of Russia fucking around with our elections.

If Trump were smart, he would have just stayed out of politics, sat back and tweeted stupid hot takes and run shitty reality TV shows while selling his name/brand. But his ego wouldn't allow it and his fans are not only as dumb as he is but also rather cult like in their devotion, happy to stroke Donald's massive ego. Which is, again, the ONLY thing he cares about. Trumps wants to be seen as sophisticated, smart, strong and classy when he's really a trust fund baby born on third base who brags about hitting a triple. Ever notice how in every speech he gives he goes out of his way to mention how many coompliments he gets and accomplishments he's acheived?

Secure people don't do that.

It's important to remember that for a while, no U.S. bank would go near Donald Trump since he never paid back his loans (nor his workers), which creates desperation in someone like him who ONLY cares about money and how it effects his image. He's "nouveau riche" and genuinely wealthy people laugh at him for the clown that he is. He's Gordon Gecko writ large only stupider by half.

Also worth remembering that Micahel Cohen is not a "lawyer" in any real sense. He had, at the time of his arrest, exactly THREE clients, 2 of which were Donald Trump and Sean Hannity. He's a "fixer"; someone who finds legal ways to do illegal things like launder money, pay bribes, make threats and obfuscate under the table deals and shady payments.

These people are all anti-american phonies who have conned 40% of the American public like so many televangilists, and informercial hawks, which it turns out is real easy to do when your average american values wealth and fame above anything else. We've become a nation of used car salesman, conspiracy theorists and Amway distributors who are driven by You Tube clicks while dry humping what's left of the American Dream, leveraged up to our ass in debt.

Trump, in many ways, is exactly the president we deserve and the person who most reflects our values. Unfortunately.

-

Couldn't agree more. I've said for the longest time that trump is merely a public mirror.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 23 of 26 « First<17181920212223242526>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump, Russia and ALL Things Related part 4