independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 21st Jan 2019 2:59pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Nick Cannon Defends Kevin Hart By Posting
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 01/04/19 12:40pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar


EmmaMcG said:

Agreed, 100%. I don't like Kevin Hart at all. But I don't believe a man should lose work because of a joke from 10 years ago or whatever.
jjhunsecker said:
SNIP -Do not instigate, engage in, or encourage 'flame wars'. If you insult someone "jokingly", be prepared to have it not interpreted that way by the Moderators. A good general rule: "criticize ideas, not people."


-

and as I have in every case except one... I leave it up to his boss... Bill was not fired and I did not call for him to be fired. I also did not defend it as YOU did. And I was accused of being racist for calling Maher out for that word.

-

I do have an issue with what Kevin said. I never defended him.

SNIP

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 01/04/19 1:20pm

Dalia11

OldFriends4Sale said:



http://www.msn.com/en-us/...;ocid=iehp



Kevin Hart 'evaluating' his decision to step down as Oscars host as Ellen DeGeneres voices support



Kevin Hart may be having a change of heart after announcing he was stepping down from hostin...emy Awards in the wake of controversy over homophobic and transphobi...old tweets.


This new development comes after Hart taped an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres’ talk show, which will air Friday.


“I really want you to host the Oscars,” DeGeneres, a former Oscars host herself, says in a preview clip from her show. The talk show host goes on to reveal she personally called the Academy to let them know she would support reinstating Hart as the host.



“They were like, ‘Oh my God. we want him to host. We feel like maybe he misunderstood or it was handled wrong or maybe we said the wrong thing but we want him to host,'” DeGeneres tells Hart and the audience of her conversation. Later she comes back from commercial break introducing her guest as “this year’s Oscars host, Kevin Hart.”


“I think you have said a lot of amazing things. You’ve put a lot of things on my mind,” Hart tells DeGeneres during his hour-long interview. “I’m promising you I’m evaluating this conversation…Let me assess, just to sit in the space and really think. And you and I will talk before anything else.”






😃
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 01/04/19 1:23pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Dalia11 said:


OldFriends4Sale said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...;ocid=iehp

Kevin Hart 'evaluating' his decision to step down as Oscars host as Ellen DeGeneres voices support

Kevin Hart may be having a change of heart after announcing he was stepping down from hostin...emy Awards in the wake of controversy over homophobic and transphobi...old tweets.

This new development comes after Hart taped an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres’ talk show, which will air Friday.

“I really want you to host the Oscars,” DeGeneres, a former Oscars host herself, says in a preview clip from her show. The talk show host goes on to reveal she personally called the Academy to let them know she would support reinstating Hart as the host.

“They were like, ‘Oh my God. we want him to host. We feel like maybe he misunderstood or it was handled wrong or maybe we said the wrong thing but we want him to host,'” DeGeneres tells Hart and the audience of her conversation. Later she comes back from commercial break introducing her guest as “this year’s Oscars host, Kevin Hart.”

“I think you have said a lot of amazing things. You’ve put a lot of things on my mind,” Hart tells DeGeneres during his hour-long interview. “I’m promising you I’m evaluating this conversation…Let me assess, just to sit in the space and really think. And you and I will talk before anything else.”

😃

I saw that! See, it was his decision to not accept the gig - the producers and Academy did not reneg. Still, either he can do it and have very good writers come up with some excellent material about the whole thing - the pressure would definitely be ON if he decvides to do it!

He said he did not want the broadacst to be all about him... well if he comes back to do it, now it will be.


"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 01/04/19 1:27pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

SNIP
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 01/04/19 1:30pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

SNIP


Exactamundo.


3566253034_91cf9df1d9_b.jpg


"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 01/04/19 4:05pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

SNIP


SNIP

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 01/04/19 5:36pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:



jjhunsecker said:


SNIP



SNIP



SNIP
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 01/04/19 6:46pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:


SNIP


SNIP

SNIP

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 01/05/19 2:20pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:


SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 01/07/19 1:28pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

Dalia11 said:

😃

I saw that! See, it was his decision to not accept the gig - the producers and Academy did not reneg. Still, either he can do it and have very good writers come up with some excellent material about the whole thing - the pressure would definitely be ON if he decvides to do it!

He said he did not want the broadacst to be all about him... well if he comes back to do it, now it will be.


I do not see that he has made a decision yet.... anyone else?

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 01/08/19 7:30am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

I saw that! See, it was his decision to not accept the gig - the producers and Academy did not reneg. Still, either he can do it and have very good writers come up with some excellent material about the whole thing - the pressure would definitely be ON if he decvides to do it!

He said he did not want the broadacst to be all about him... well if he comes back to do it, now it will be.


I do not see that he has made a decision yet.... anyone else?



Hart is NOT going to do it. His choice.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 01/09/19 6:20pm

Dalia11

I saw a clip of him saying that he is not going to be the host of the show. That makes sense. After the controversy of his personal comments on social media he posted a decade or so ago and was brought up now to tarnish his professional reputation.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 01/10/19 2:30am

EmmaMcG

avatar

I keep seeing reports that they're not having a host this year. Given the standard of "Oscar bait" movies released in 2018, i think going without a host is a natural step. This is going to be the most forgettable Academy Awards ever.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 01/10/19 12:44pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I keep seeing reports that they're not having a host this year. Given the standard of "Oscar bait" movies released in 2018, i think going without a host is a natural step. This is going to be the most forgettable Academy Awards ever.


Yep - no host - but they will have celebs introduce each segment. My favorite year was when they had five actors, writers or directors come out and introudced each nominee in that category with something to say about each. I think Hugh Jackman hosted that year - it was a good show.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Nick Cannon Defends Kevin Hart By Posting