independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 19th Nov 2018 3:49pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump Says He Won't Turn Over His Tax Returns. It's Not Up To Him Anymore.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/07/18 3:46pm

free2bFreeda2

Trump Says He Won't Turn Over His Tax Returns. It's Not Up To Him Anymore.

November 7, 2018, 10:20 AM PST
: https://www.yahoo.com/new...35262.html

🤓

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he doesn’t want to let Democrats see his tax returns once they assume control of the U.S. House of Representatives next year.

But that’s actually not up to the president ― according to the law, at least.

since his 2016 campaign, even though nothing about an IRS audit prevents a candidate or a president from disclosing his returns.

“If I were finished with the audit, I would have an open mind to it,” he said Wednesday in a rambling answer to a reporter’s question.

Federal law gives congressional tax committees the power to obtain anyone’s tax returns. If the taxpayer doesn’t consent in writing, the committees still have the power to obtain the returns in a secret meeting.

request.”

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin would review any such request with department lawyers “for legality,” according to a spokesperson.

“I don’t think there’s any reasonable basis to resist,” said Steve Rosenthal, a senior fellow with the Tax Policy Center. But, he added, “there’s no telling what this president will do, whether he’ll flout the law.”

Trump was the first major-party presidential candidate in 40 years not to release his tax returns, which can reveal detailed information about a person’s sources of income, charitable giving and the amount of taxes paid.

this next phase ought to be very interesting.
seems dev-don-drumpf just might have a great fall as his tax returns may well be the real wall that will shut down his $$$$$ pseudo politicsl call..

popcorn
[Edited 11/7/18 15:51pm]
federal judge says, "there is evidence." : https://www.yahoo.com/new...itics.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/07/18 4:30pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Yep Yep biggrin

Here he further dodging the question today from "

64 truly remarkable lines from Donald Trump's otherworldly post-election news conference"

:

22. "As I've told you, they're under audit. They have been for a long time. They're extremely complex. People wouldn't understand them."
To sum up, these are Trump's reasons for not releasing his tax returns: a) they're under audit and b) they are too complex for any normal person to understand. On the first reason, nothing bars someone from releasing tax returns under audit. On the second, maybe he should trust the American public's intelligence a little more?
23. "They're done by -- among the biggest and best law firms in the country. Same thing with the accounting firms, the accountants are a very, very large, powerful firm from the standpoint of respect."
To which I ask: Why is it germane to the question of whether or not the President will release his tax returns that they are handled by "a very, very large, powerful firm"?
24. "But it's big, and it's complex and it's probably feet-high. It's a very complex instrument. And I think that people wouldn't understand it."
So, Donald Trump is saying his taxes are a very complicated, feet-high instrument. Also, big. Okey dokey!
25. "Nobody turns over a return when it's under audit."
Except that Richard Nixon did exactly that in 1973.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/donald-trump-press-conference-election-2018/index.html
Maybe he will get in deep deep doody doody over these tax returns!!! eek razz lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/07/18 4:50pm

free2bFreeda2

Drumpf's tax returns blues.....as follows.

Here's the lawmaker who can request Trump's tax returns

6:52 PM EST, Wed November 07, 2018

: https://www.google.com/am...index.html

His name is Rep. Richard Neal and he's about to become a household name.

After nearly a decade in the minority, Democrats will return to Washington in January ready to unleash the full weight of their oversight capabilities on the Trump administration, and Neal will be smack dab in the middle of the action.

At 69, the soft-spoken former mayor from Springfield, Massachusetts, who has built a reputation as a business-friendly Democrat, wonk and behind-the-scenes negotiator will be cast into one of the most visible and partisan roles on Capitol Hill: the man who will ask for President Donald Trump's long-awaited tax returns.
the influential House Ways and Means Committee, Neal would be one of only two members in Congress who can request the returns and the only Democrat, making him a central figure in the party's pursuit to hold Trump's administration and the President himself accountable.


[Edited 11/7/18 16:55pm]
federal judge says, "there is evidence." : https://www.yahoo.com/new...itics.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/07/18 7:41pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

They still have to have some cause to request them and then they would be sealed. But even if they could *and they can't as they do need some reason or cause* and even if they were allowed to release them, there is no reason to assume there is anything illegal on them. If there had been the IRS would have taken action. When the forms were stolen and illegally published they showed... nothing.

(and him not releasing them is NOT a basis to demand them)

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/07/18 7:43pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

free2bFreeda2 said:

Drumpf's tax returns blues.....as follows. Here's the lawmaker who can request Trump's tax returns 6:52 PM EST, Wed November 07, 2018 : https://www.google.com/am...index.html His name is Rep. Richard Neal and he's about to become a household name. After nearly a decade in the minority, Democrats will return to Washington in January ready to unleash the full weight of their oversight capabilities on the Trump administration, and Neal will be smack dab in the middle of the action. At 69, the soft-spoken former mayor from Springfield, Massachusetts, who has built a reputation as a business-friendly Democrat, wonk and behind-the-scenes negotiator will be cast into one of the most visible and partisan roles on Capitol Hill: the man who will ask for President Donald Trump's long-awaited tax returns. the influential House Ways and Means Committee, Neal would be one of only two members in Congress who can request the returns and the only Democrat, making him a central figure in the party's pursuit to hold Trump's administration and the President himself accountable. [Edited 11/7/18 16:55pm]

I predict they will do no such thing. It would cost them dearly. And would go nowhere...

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/07/18 8:03pm

free2bFreeda2

OnlyNDaUsa said:



free2bFreeda2 said:


Drumpf's tax returns blues.....as follows. Here's the lawmaker who can request Trump's tax returns 6:52 PM EST, Wed November 07, 2018 : https://www.google.com/am...trump-tax-



I predict they will do no such thing. It would cost them dearly. And would go nowhere...


why do think on that level?
what do you base your assumptions on?
federal judge says, "there is evidence." : https://www.yahoo.com/new...itics.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/07/18 8:32pm

JoeyC

avatar

Honesty man. If you are trying to become the President of The United States, you have to be as honest as humanly possible. Shit will come back to bite you. If you got crazy stuff in your past, and if you can't be open about it, then you shouldn't be running for POTUS.

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/07/18 8:40pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

JoeyC said:

Honesty man. If you are trying to become the President of The United States, you have to be as honest as humanly possible. Shit will come back to bite you. If you got crazy stuff in your past, and if you can't be open about it, then you shouldn't be running for POTUS.


Unless you have a base that doesn't care about integrity, transparency, bigotry, or the absolute truth.

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/07/18 9:32pm

daingermouz202
0

I'm more than sure Mueller already has his tax returns and has had them for quite some time now.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/07/18 9:38pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

daingermouz2020 said:

I'm more than sure Mueller already has his tax returns and has had them for quite some time now.


fit What dioes Mueller know?!!!!! Ugh... we need to know.



[Edited 11/7/18 21:39pm]

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/07/18 11:43pm

BombSquad

avatar

that fat dfucking worhtless orange stinking crybaby pig just shit his pants LOL

2013 Obama & Castro - "and barack has once again bowed down to a despot"
2018 Trump & Kim - "and it is happening now! after nearly 65 years and 11 presidents"
biggest fucking hypocrite around LOL only in da forum...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/08/18 2:45am

BombSquad

avatar

October 30, 2012, Trump tweeted

"Why does Obama believe he shouldn't comply with record releases that his predecessors did of their own volition? Hiding something?"

and also "Why is @BarackObama spending millions to try and hide his records? He is the least transparent President--ever--and he ran on transparency"


hypocritic scumbag LOL as always, do as I say not as I do. a typical Republicunt



and quite telling. basically he already admitted years ago that he's hiding something now, cause hiding is the only reason that his rotten fucked up brain can come up with. so there


anyway, I expect nothing illegal will show up if they get released. people will just get another confirmation that he's a reckless greedy bully fuck.
but his dicksucking groupies (the ones struggling to make ends meet themselves) will not care anyway. thy will STILL cheer at him happily "yes, fuck me! deeper! up my ass! give it to me! and take my money! more! MORE!"

dumb shitheads LMFAO



[Edited 11/8/18 2:51am]

2013 Obama & Castro - "and barack has once again bowed down to a despot"
2018 Trump & Kim - "and it is happening now! after nearly 65 years and 11 presidents"
biggest fucking hypocrite around LOL only in da forum...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/08/18 5:09am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

They still have to have some cause to request them and then they would be sealed. But even if they could *and they can't as they do need some reason or cause* and even if they were allowed to release them, there is no reason to assume there is anything illegal on them. If there had been the IRS would have taken action. When the forms were stolen and illegally published they showed... nothing.

(and him not releasing them is NOT a basis to demand them)



And if this was Obama you would be all over this the other way.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/08/18 5:20am

BombSquad

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

They still have to have some cause to request them and then they would be sealed. But even if they could *and they can't as they do need some reason or cause* and even if they were allowed to release them, there is no reason to assume there is anything illegal on them. If there had been the IRS would have taken action. When the forms were stolen and illegally published they showed... nothing.

(and him not releasing them is NOT a basis to demand them)

And if this was Obama you would be all over this the other way.

his naive groupies are just as hypocritic as the piece of shit in office himself

2013 Obama & Castro - "and barack has once again bowed down to a despot"
2018 Trump & Kim - "and it is happening now! after nearly 65 years and 11 presidents"
biggest fucking hypocrite around LOL only in da forum...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/08/18 6:19am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

BombSquad said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:

They still have to have some cause to request them and then they would be sealed. But even if they could *and they can't as they do need some reason or cause* and even if they were allowed to release them, there is no reason to assume there is anything illegal on them. If there had been the IRS would have taken action. When the forms were stolen and illegally published they showed... nothing.

(and him not releasing them is NOT a basis to demand them)



And if this was Obama you would be all over this the other way.


his naive groupies are just as hypocritic as the piece of shit in office himself



OnlyNDaUsa is an unpaid Fox News and Trump propagandist.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/08/18 7:08am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Everyone knows the reason Trump didn't release his tax returns is because there are damaging things in there.

On the face of it, they don't have to be illegal things. If Trump has actually been audited all the times he claims he has (and we know he's a habitual liar, so don't assume he's really been audited), and there was evidence of tax evasion in his returns, he'd have been referred to the Justice Department long ago.

So tax evasion isn't the problem. Something else is. We know that President Trump is scared to death of the Mueller probe, because it centers around potential Russian influence. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that Trump's tax returns contain information about financial relationships with Russians. And maybe others.

While the relationships themselves might not look illegal on an audit, perhaps the disclosure of those relationships would lead to information that would negatively affect Trump and/or his sons vis. a. vie the Russian investigation.

What would be interesting would be if the Democrats also subpoena the tax returns of Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump.

Here, we all need some popcorn! popcorn

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/08/18 7:16am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

They still have to have some cause to request them and then they would be sealed. But even if they could *and they can't as they do need some reason or cause* and even if they were allowed to release them, there is no reason to assume there is anything illegal on them. If there had been the IRS would have taken action. When the forms were stolen and illegally published they showed... nothing.

(and him not releasing them is NOT a basis to demand them)



And if this was Obama you would be all over this the other way.



Nope you can look at what i said about barocks birth certificate....which he has yet to produce and his college records....he should have but not required. And not doing so is NOT evidence of wrongdoing as some have invented. And no trump is not worried about russia as there is nothing to it....
Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/08/18 7:19am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Everyone knows the reason Trump didn't release his tax returns is because there are damaging things in there.

On the face of it, they don't have to be illegal things. If Trump has actually been audited all the times he claims he has (and we know he's a habitual liar, so don't assume he's really been audited), and there was evidence of tax evasion in his returns, he'd have been referred to the Justice Department long ago.

So tax evasion isn't the problem. Something else is. We know that President Trump is scared to death of the Mueller probe, because it centers around potential Russian influence. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that Trump's tax returns contain information about financial relationships with Russians. And maybe others.

While the relationships themselves might not look illegal on an audit, perhaps the disclosure of those relationships would lead to information that would negatively affect Trump and/or his sons vis. a. vie the Russian investigation.

What would be interesting would be if the Democrats also subpoena the tax returns of Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump.

Here, we all need some popcorn! popcorn




You need the popcorn as this is a load of fiction. I get it... You are a sad panda he won and now his re-election looks good....i welcome the house harassment...it will only help him.
Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/08/18 7:22am

RodeoSchro

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

Everyone knows the reason Trump didn't release his tax returns is because there are damaging things in there.

On the face of it, they don't have to be illegal things. If Trump has actually been audited all the times he claims he has (and we know he's a habitual liar, so don't assume he's really been audited), and there was evidence of tax evasion in his returns, he'd have been referred to the Justice Department long ago.

So tax evasion isn't the problem. Something else is. We know that President Trump is scared to death of the Mueller probe, because it centers around potential Russian influence. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that Trump's tax returns contain information about financial relationships with Russians. And maybe others.

While the relationships themselves might not look illegal on an audit, perhaps the disclosure of those relationships would lead to information that would negatively affect Trump and/or his sons vis. a. vie the Russian investigation.

What would be interesting would be if the Democrats also subpoena the tax returns of Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump.

Here, we all need some popcorn! popcorn

You need the popcorn as this is a load of fiction. I get it... You are a sad panda he won and now his re-election looks good....i welcome the house harassment...it will only help him.



Actually I'm a pretty happy hippo knowing that come January 2019 there won't be a single thing Trump wants that Trump will get.

You can "fake news!" the tax thing all you want but you can't stop Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, and a whole host of other Democrats from getting Trump's tax returns. And I suspect you can't do a thing about them being released, either.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/08/18 7:31am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:


RodeoSchro said:

Everyone knows the reason Trump didn't release his tax returns is because there are damaging things in there.

On the face of it, they don't have to be illegal things. If Trump has actually been audited all the times he claims he has (and we know he's a habitual liar, so don't assume he's really been audited), and there was evidence of tax evasion in his returns, he'd have been referred to the Justice Department long ago.

So tax evasion isn't the problem. Something else is. We know that President Trump is scared to death of the Mueller probe, because it centers around potential Russian influence. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that Trump's tax returns contain information about financial relationships with Russians. And maybe others.

While the relationships themselves might not look illegal on an audit, perhaps the disclosure of those relationships would lead to information that would negatively affect Trump and/or his sons vis. a. vie the Russian investigation.

What would be interesting would be if the Democrats also subpoena the tax returns of Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump.

Here, we all need some popcorn! popcorn



You need the popcorn as this is a load of fiction. I get it... You are a sad panda he won and now his re-election looks good....i welcome the house harassment...it will only help him.



Actually I'm a pretty happy hippo knowing that come January 2019 there won't be a single thing Trump wants that Trump will get.

You can "fake news!" the tax thing all you want but you can't stop Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, and a whole host of other Democrats from getting Trump's tax returns. And I suspect you can't do a thing about them being released, either.



I doubt they will get them. And they will be well advised to not block too much...like i said they will help him get re-elected.
Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/08/18 8:30am

free2bFreeda2

blahblah dude is so verbally moon walking. karma is now being served donnie seems your portion will be served in courses.
🔜👀


[Edited 11/8/18 18:48pm]
federal judge says, "there is evidence." : https://www.yahoo.com/new...itics.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/08/18 8:51am

RodeoSchro

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:



Actually I'm a pretty happy hippo knowing that come January 2019 there won't be a single thing Trump wants that Trump will get.

You can "fake news!" the tax thing all you want but you can't stop Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, and a whole host of other Democrats from getting Trump's tax returns. And I suspect you can't do a thing about them being released, either.

I doubt they will get them. And they will be well advised to not block too much...like i said they will help him get re-elected.




Oh I am absolutely positive that when you and Trump say, "Leave the tax returns alone because if you go after them, it only helps my re-election" that y'all are being 100% sincere.

falloff

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/08/18 9:58am

free2bFreeda2

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

They still have to have some cause to request them and then they would be sealed. But even if they could *and they can't as they do need some reason or cause* and even if they were allowed to release them, there is no reason to assume there is anything illegal on them. If there had been the IRS would have taken action. When the forms were stolen and illegally published they showed... nothing.

(and him not releasing them is NOT a basis to demand them)



And if this was Obama you would be all over this the other way.

but.... it is not former POTUS OBAMA!!!!!
it's dev-don-drumpf the man known by many as the humpty trumpty lying frumpy.
so be in the present and accept the truth about your boyee and be all over him.
federal judge says, "there is evidence." : https://www.yahoo.com/new...itics.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/08/18 10:28am

Musicslave

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:



Actually I'm a pretty happy hippo knowing that come January 2019 there won't be a single thing Trump wants that Trump will get.

You can "fake news!" the tax thing all you want but you can't stop Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, and a whole host of other Democrats from getting Trump's tax returns. And I suspect you can't do a thing about them being released, either.

I doubt they will get them. And they will be well advised to not block too much...like i said they will help him get re-elected.

-

Mueller already has his tax returns (had them for quite some time now actually). Secondly, you mean like Mitch McConnell did Pres. Obama for much of his presidency? You're right, Obama got re-elected.

-

However, Obama didn't have nearly the legal predictament that donald has now either. Little different situation.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump Says He Won't Turn Over His Tax Returns. It's Not Up To Him Anymore.