independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Sep 2018 9:41am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump economic advisor refuting Obama claim
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/10/18 11:41am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Trump economic advisor refuting Obama claim

A press briefing happening now.

This is going to get a lot of discussion. The first thing I noticed, is the charts scale. Specifically how 2008-2016 was truncated to almost equal to 2016-2018 and how these TWO years, (the first with Trump having no true impact) being equated on the chart displayed as equal to 8 years.

Also not taking into encount what Obama inherited vs what Trump inherited.

This is developing, I’m not qualified to debunk anything but i’m curious to see what economists comments on this press briefing have to say.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/10/18 12:28pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

A press briefing happening now. This is going to get a lot of discussion. The first thing I noticed, is the charts scale. Specifically how 2008-2016 was truncated to almost equal to 2016-2018 and how these TWO years, (the first with Trump having no true impact) being equated on the chart displayed as equal to 8 years. Also not taking into encount what Obama inherited vs what Trump inherited. This is developing, I’m not qualified to debunk anything but i’m curious to see what economists comments on this press briefing have to say.



I am supremely qualified to debunk it all and will, if I get the time. But rest assured - it's all bullshit.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/12/18 6:50am

Musicslave

The problem trump has is he tries to give the impression that the stock market was at 7,949 when he took office in 2017 and magically it went all the way up to 25, 26,000. lol lol

-

Btw, nobody is denying that the stock market and jobs numbers have CONTINUED TO improve under trump. That trend has been set for years now. We've been averaging around 200K jobs increase a month for years now, that's nothing new.

-

What is new is we have a president who doesn't mind touting our economy successes and his predecessors as if his own, where as the previous president would be ridiculed as talking about himself too much or taking unfair credit for the economy improving if he tried a fraction of what the current president does.

-

Suddenly, good job numbers are believable again with a white republican in office, before, a biracial or black democrat numbers were always questionable, suspicious or presented doctored numbers.

-

The hypocrisy was/is real.

[Edited 9/12/18 7:03am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/12/18 7:47am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

All that Clown did was run up the National Debt handing out government money in the form of bailout to the fat! fish.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/US_National_Debt_public_intergovernmental.png

I think we can all collectively say.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/12/18 1:17pm

Musicslave

As if trump as shown any concern for the rising national debt under his watch. lol

-

Btw, if they did nothing in the face of the Recession, your boy wouldn't have inherited a recovery to brag about.

-

The national debt increased under Bush, Obama, and now trump. I'm not saying it's right but it's nothing new.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/12/18 1:33pm

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

All that Clown did was run up the National Debt handing out government money in the form of bailout to the fat! fish.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/US_National_Debt_public_intergovernmental.png

lol lol lol

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/12/18 2:21pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/12/18 2:33pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

RodeoSchro said:




Let’s put 2017-2018 along side that slide
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/12/18 2:38pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Obama had 4 quarters where growth rates were over 4. Trump has only had one. A business cycle is ten years. I'm quite sure corporations are helping him juice the economy as a payback for the tax cuts. What is more important is that inequality is at high rates. Poverty is huge. There is violence and unrest in Chicago and Detroit. No clean water in some towns. Most smart economists say the economy is good as to the numbers but is a continuation of the Obama recovery, which by the way was very small but still worked. A bad stimulus still brought us back. Too bad Obama was so afraid to do more.

A bubble is in the works. A recession is coming.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/12/18 2:42pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

People forget that the arguement on the right is that government does not create jobs. Whoops.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/12/18 3:32pm

2elijah

avatar

Musicslave said:

The problem trump has is he tries to give the impression that the stock market was at 7,949 when he took office in 2017 and magically it went all the way up to 25, 26,000. lol lol


-


Btw, nobody is denying that the stock market and jobs numbers have CONTINUED TO improve under trump. That trend has been set for years now. We've been averaging around 200K jobs increase a month for years now, that's nothing new.


-


What is new is we have a president who doesn't mind touting our economy successes and his predecessors as if his own, where as the previous president would be ridiculed as talking about himself too much or taking unfair credit for the economy improving if he tried a fraction of what the current president does.


-


Suddenly, good job numbers are believable again with a white republican in office, before, a biracial or black democrat numbers were always questionable, suspicious or presented doctored numbers.


-


The hypocrisy was/is real.

[Edited 9/12/18 7:03am]


He’s a deranged sick animal, who lives by lies.
FEARLESS
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/12/18 3:56pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

Musicslave said:

The problem trump has is he tries to give the impression that the stock market was at 7,949 when he took office in 2017 and magically it went all the way up to 25, 26,000. lol lol

-

Btw, nobody is denying that the stock market and jobs numbers have CONTINUED TO improve under trump. That trend has been set for years now. We've been averaging around 200K jobs increase a month for years now, that's nothing new.

-

What is new is we have a president who doesn't mind touting our economy successes and his predecessors as if his own, where as the previous president would be ridiculed as talking about himself too much or taking unfair credit for the economy improving if he tried a fraction of what the current president does.

-

Suddenly, good job numbers are believable again with a white republican in office, before, a biracial or black democrat numbers were always questionable, suspicious or presented doctored numbers.

-

The hypocrisy was/is real.

[Edited 9/12/18 7:03am]

He’s a deranged sick animal, who lives by lies.


And that ^

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/13/18 3:52am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Driven up by over $700 billion in bank bailouts under the TARP program.

I think we can all collectively say.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/13/18 4:22am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



RodeoSchro said:





Driven up by over $700 billion in bank bailouts under the TARP program.


Yeah the bush bailout es rough. That and the stupid wars and tax cuts for the rich. Amazingly Obama got us through that GOP mess and was able to deliver a great economy to the Orange Buffoon. It looks like he is doubling down on the same Bush mistakes and screwing everyone in long run again.
GOP voters are complete idiots.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/13/18 7:10am

jjhunsecker

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Driven up by over $700 billion in bank bailouts under the TARP program.

Yeah the bush bailout es rough. That and the stupid wars and tax cuts for the rich. Amazingly Obama got us through that GOP mess and was able to deliver a great economy to the Orange Buffoon. It looks like he is doubling down on the same Bush mistakes and screwing everyone in long run again. GOP voters are complete idiots.

The rich GOP voters are smart, because the party essential works to enrich them (as witness these tax cuts). It's definitely in their interest to support Republicans.

It's the poor and lower middle class GOP voter who is delusional, thinking that the Republicans actually care about them and their issues and problems. These are the people fired up by abortion and kneeling football players and "SJWs" and Confederate statues...the ones a brilliant man once said "cling to their guns and religion" ....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/13/18 7:41am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We had to save the banks but not in the way we did.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/13/18 8:02am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

We had to save the banks but not in the way we did.


They paid it all back, that’s the main thing. I was skeptical about that, but there you go.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/13/18 8:03am

13cjk13

jjhunsecker said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

SuperFurryAnimal said: Yeah the bush bailout es rough. That and the stupid wars and tax cuts for the rich. Amazingly Obama got us through that GOP mess and was able to deliver a great economy to the Orange Buffoon. It looks like he is doubling down on the same Bush mistakes and screwing everyone in long run again. GOP voters are complete idiots.

The rich GOP voters are smart, because the party essential works to enrich them (as witness these tax cuts). It's definitely in their interest to support Republicans.

It's the poor and lower middle class GOP voter who is delusional, thinking that the Republicans actually care about them and their issues and problems. These are the people fired up by abortion and kneeling football players and "SJWs" and Confederate statues...the ones a brilliant man once said "cling to their guns and religion" ....

Exactly.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/13/18 8:29am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

They paid it all back, that’s the main thing. I was skeptical about that, but there you go.

omg, hahaha

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/13/18 10:18am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

They paid it all back, that’s the main thing. I was skeptical about that, but there you go.



omg, hahaha



You should really read-up on things instead of just watching Chomsky YouTube videos or RT
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/14/18 11:42am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

2freaky4church1 said:

They paid it all back, that’s the main thing. I was skeptical about that, but there you go.

omg, hahaha

You should really read-up on things instead of just watching Chomsky YouTube videos or RT



lol

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump economic advisor refuting Obama claim