independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 18th Jan 2019 10:16am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Oprah Winfrey Received the Cecil B. DeMille Award - Golden Globes 2018...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 01/10/18 4:08pm

poppys

maplenpg said:

So do you agree that Trump is a racist or not?


jjhunsecker said:
I doubt very highly that he will ever say those words

Graycap23 said:

Who cares if an asshole, won't acknowledge that another asshole....is an asshole?

the org lol

[Edited 1/10/18 16:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 01/10/18 4:14pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

jjhunsecker said:

maplenpg said: I doubt very highly that he will ever say those words

Who cares if an asshole, won't acknowledge that another asshole....is an asshole?

awww how sweet to be called that by the likes of you... not within the site rules but I will wear it as a badger of honor!



AND YES I see what you did there... but again from you I will just smile...

[Edited 1/10/18 16:17pm]

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 01/10/18 6:17pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

DJ, I have a question for you: name a person you would gladly vote for?


batman

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 01/10/18 8:02pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



maplenpg said:




OnlyNDaUsa said:





So you agree that 1) was racist (and I don't think 2015 is 'way back')? And you agree that in 2) Trump was a bigoted jerk. Begs the question - Why do you continue to defend the prick (who you yourself call a pig)?


1) racial yes... 2) he is a jerk and I do not defend him that much and I do call him out when i see fit.



JJ and Poppy and all of the others are right - you have a total partisan fixation based on the fact that, according to you, he is the better option, better than Hilary, so you forgive him almost anything. But to deny that he is a racist when time and time again you have evidence that he clearly is makes you have no credibility at all.

And you may think she was better and you may well defend or excuse her antics... did I deny he was racist?




I have no wish to derail the thread, which has already shifted off topic - for the record, I would not want to see Oprah in politics, let alone running for office. We've already seen what celebrities with big egos can do given a bit of power.


Yeah or do nothing one term senators





BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 01/10/18 9:26pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Yeah or do nothing one term senators


BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???

HRC was elected two terms as senator.

I'll take a stab at it - racial is the new racist?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 01/11/18 12:52am

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:



jjhunsecker said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:


Yeah or do nothing one term senators






BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???

HRC was elected two terms as senator.

I'll take a stab at it - racial is the new racist?



Perhaps it's a way to avoid actually calling someone or some action "racist". Omarosa said after she was canned that Trump could be "racial" but she claims he's not "racist".... hmmm
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 01/11/18 6:24am

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

HRC was elected two terms as senator.

I'll take a stab at it - racial is the new racist?

Perhaps it's a way to avoid actually calling someone or some action "racist". Omarosa said after she was canned that Trump could be "racial" but she claims he's not "racist".... hmmm

Yes. Probaly something along the lines of the Democratic Party now being called the Democrat Party. Fun with wordplay for racists.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 01/11/18 6:34am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???

well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.

What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 01/11/18 6:41am

poppys

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???

well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.

What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.

Notice how you did not actually answer the question. Stop fucking around. What is the difference between racial and racist?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 01/11/18 7:08am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

poppys said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.

What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.

Notice how you did not actually answer the question. Stop fucking around. What is the difference between racial and racist?

you do not know? And I did answer, maybe you just did not get it.

but here it is again: Brack Obama can say something racial... but he as a black man cannot be racist (the word excludes any and all persons of color) so nothing he says can really be racist--even if it is racial.


Like when some of the people here use the term "Uncle Tom" (a race-based slur) that could be racist if a white person used it but not a black person. Again the word "racist" can only be properly applied to white people.

Now if you do not agree with that then you must still accept the distinction, at least as far as there is a difference.


So it is a possible (however unlikely) that trump's racial issues fall short of being a racist. But I understand you and others here have a political vindication against trump so you will be much less likely to grant any consideration before (in this case) not only assuming the worst of him and his core supporters but of someone like me (who has not ever posted anything remotely racist) who is not a fan of his beyond him not being Hillary (and there are democrats I would have preferred over both)

and there is no code language here and no talking points and nothing I have gotten from any other source. this is how I think.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 01/11/18 7:18am

poppys

^^ No code language my azz. I can't wait till the smart people get here.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 01/11/18 7:26am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

poppys said:

^^ No code language my azz. I can't wait till the smart people get here.

I've been here an hour. And again I do not speak in code but it may be (as you have self-identified as not one of the smart people--which takes courage) something you just do not get.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 01/11/18 7:29am

djThunderfunk

avatar

poppys said:

^^ No code language my azz. I can't wait till the smart people get here.


falloff lol lol lol

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 01/11/18 7:35am

poppys

OnlyNDaUsa said:

poppys said:

^^ No code language my azz. I can't wait till the smart people get here.

I've been here an hour. And again I do not speak in code but it may be (as you have self-identified as not one of the smart people--which takes courage) something you just do not get.

Oh I'm smart enough to have always known you are a biased white guy.

It took you a year of "reading" my posts for you to figure out I am a woman, and another year to figure out I am a white women. Not all of us are or have ever been on board with your kind of crap. I jumped the plantation fence a long long time ago.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 01/11/18 7:42am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

poppys said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




poppys said:


^^ No code language my azz. I can't wait till the smart people get here.





I've been here an hour. And again I do not speak in code but it may be (as you have self-identified as not one of the smart people--which takes courage) something you just do not get.



Oh I'm smart enough to have always known you are a biased white guy.

It took you a year of "reading" my posts for you to figure out I am a woman, and another year to figure out I am a white women. Not all of us are or have ever been on board with your kind of crap. I jumped the plantation fence a long long time ago.



I do not like to assume
Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 01/11/18 8:38am

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




jjhunsecker said:


OnlyNDaUsa said: BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???



well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.



What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.



Notice how you did not actually answer the question. Stop fucking around. What is the difference between racial and racist?



Never answered the question... just a lot of hot air
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 01/11/18 8:41am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

Notice how you did not actually answer the question. Stop fucking around. What is the difference between racial and racist?

Never answered the question... just a lot of hot air

well I did twice you simply missed it, maybe you are in the same boat as Poppys in reply 160?

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 01/11/18 8:41am

maplenpg

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

poppys said:

Notice how you did not actually answer the question. Stop fucking around. What is the difference between racial and racist?

Never answered the question... just a lot of hot air

Yup!

If love is the answer, what was the question? - Carter USM.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 01/11/18 8:42am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



jjhunsecker said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:




BTW - What exactly is the difference between "racial" and "racist" ???



well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.



What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.



Either you think Trump and his comments and actions are racist, or you don't. You're just trying to dance around the issue by semantics.

I had clearly said I didn't find Maher's stupid joke "racist ". I didn't refuse to make a definitive stand on the issue.
[Edited 1/11/18 8:45am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 01/11/18 8:47am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:


Either you think Trump and his comments and actions are racist, or you don't. You're just trying to dance around the issue by semantics. I had clearly said I didn't find Maher's stupid joke "racist ". I didn't refuse to make a definitive stand on the issue. [Edited 1/11/18 8:45am]

but did you find Maher's joke racial? and was it meant to be complementary or black people or slaves?

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 01/11/18 8:49am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



jjhunsecker said:


poppys said:


Notice how you did not actually answer the question. Stop fucking around. What is the difference between racial and racist?



Never answered the question... just a lot of hot air



well I did twice you simply missed it, maybe you are in the same boat as Poppys in reply 160?



Either shit or get off the pot ! Either you believe Trump is a racist, or has made racist statements, or you don't.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 01/11/18 8:49am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.

What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.

Either you think Trump and his comments and actions are racist, or you don't. You're just trying to dance around the issue by semantics. I had clearly said I didn't find Maher's stupid joke "racist ". I didn't refuse to make a definitive stand on the issue. [Edited 1/11/18 8:45am]

racist? no. Not in how I understand the term.

Bigoted? to some degree: yes.


But if you want to define what you mean by racist I might agree.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 01/11/18 9:11am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



jjhunsecker said:



Either you think Trump and his comments and actions are racist, or you don't. You're just trying to dance around the issue by semantics. I had clearly said I didn't find Maher's stupid joke "racist ". I didn't refuse to make a definitive stand on the issue. [Edited 1/11/18 8:45am]



but did you find Maher's joke racial? and was it meant to be complementary or black people or slaves?



I don't know what you mean by "racial" in this context. (And I'm not sure you do either)... It was a stupid ad-lib off on the concept of the "house nigger", the slaves who had favored status and "easier" lives...Are you saying that race should not be the subject of comedy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 01/11/18 9:15am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

racial: relating to race.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 01/11/18 9:16am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



jjhunsecker said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:




well, I could say I got the idea from you... with your pretzel logic to defend Bill Maher. Bill told a racial (and there is NO POSSIBLE way you can argue otherwise.) joke... whether or not it was racist... we can debate.



What is funny is you went off on me over and over (well I think that was what you thought you were doing anyway) because you imagined that I was telling you how to view Bill's joke. Yet, you do not seem to offer the same consideration to me? You ASSUME the worst of Donald and then project that on to me (as Graycap23 did) because, what, I am not offended enough? Or I have not said it in a way you find harsh enough?


Seems you hold others to a much different standard than you hold yourself.



Either you think Trump and his comments and actions are racist, or you don't. You're just trying to dance around the issue by semantics. I had clearly said I didn't find Maher's stupid joke "racist ". I didn't refuse to make a definitive stand on the issue. [Edited 1/11/18 8:45am]



racist? no. Not in how I understand the term.

Bigoted? to some degree: yes.


But if you want to define what you mean by racist I might agree.



I don't subscribe to the view that one can only be "racist " if they have power. However, if you DO see it that way, then how can you not say Trump is racist, since as President he has the ultimate power in this country? That's by your own definition of the term
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 01/11/18 9:19am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

racist? no. Not in how I understand the term.

Bigoted? to some degree: yes.


But if you want to define what you mean by racist I might agree.

I don't subscribe to the view that one can only be "racist " if they have power. However, if you DO see it that way, then how can you not say Trump is racist, since as President he has the ultimate power in this country? That's by your own definition of the term

that is not quite the word's meaning. it is not just having power but a historical backing and system ingrained into society that supports that and specific intent to wield it as such and in a manner of racial bigotry.

and if you do not agree then you and I use the word differently. I believe that my use is closer to its original meaning.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 01/11/18 9:21am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

racial: relating to race.



Then ANYTHING could be "racial". I could say "Look at those lovely old Asian ladies over there ". That's something positive. How is that the same as saying a person was unable to perform their job duties because they're "Mexican" ?

You're just trying to obscure the issues here, and not speak ill of your leader
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 01/11/18 9:23am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I think ophra holds a whole lot of anti-white bigotry. and anti-male as well. She has power, but not a historical backing. And I am not sure she means to be such... it is just in her.

We can also talk about how she (as did trump) doesn't live in the real world. I do not think she will run. Dems would be foolish to even consider her. Then need to pick someone decent... and with the right kind of experience.

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 01/11/18 9:25am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



jjhunsecker said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:




racist? no. Not in how I understand the term.

Bigoted? to some degree: yes.


But if you want to define what you mean by racist I might agree.



I don't subscribe to the view that one can only be "racist " if they have power. However, if you DO see it that way, then how can you not say Trump is racist, since as President he has the ultimate power in this country? That's by your own definition of the term


that is not quite the word's meaning. it is not just having power but a historical backing and system ingrained into society that supports that and specific intent to wield it as such and in a manner of racial bigotry.




and if you do not agree then you and I use the word differently. I believe that my use is closer to its original meaning.



Again, by the definition that YOU are using, then Trump would be a "racist ". You've already conceded that he's displayed "bigotry "
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 01/11/18 9:25am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

racial: relating to race.

Then ANYTHING could be "racial". I could say "Look at those lovely old Asian ladies over there ". That's something positive. How is that the same as saying a person was unable to perform their job duties because they're "Mexican" ? You're just trying to obscure the issues here, and not speak ill of your leader

ok so do you agree it was racial? YES or NO?

I will assume YES... if you are AT ALL honest and reasonable you will agree.

so then was it complementary?

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Oprah Winfrey Received the Cecil B. DeMille Award - Golden Globes 2018...