independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Nov 2017 2:19am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Podcast - Van Jones: "You have to keep open the possibility for redemption."
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/31/17 5:48pm

morningsong

avatar

Podcast - Van Jones: "You have to keep open the possibility for redemption."

https://www.nypl.org/blog...m=referral

Regarding his book: Beyond the messy truth : how we came apart, how we come together
Mostly politics, a bit about Prince.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/01/17 10:28am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

A bunch of mushy bullshit. His father infected him with conservative thought. A lot of conservative culture in the black community. Self help and the like.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/01/17 10:35am

morningsong

avatar

Well at least he's doing more than sitting in an armchair running his mouth.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/01/17 10:58am

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

A bunch of mushy bullshit. His father infected him with conservative thought. A lot of conservative culture in the black community. Self help and the like.

I've said this for years. But the Republicans lost a chance at gaining this constituancy by embracing rednecks and bigots.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/01/17 11:56am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Because the right are not conservative.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/04/17 12:10pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

morningsong said:

Well at least he's doing more than sitting in an armchair running his mouth.


falloff In the dictionary, under "armchair revolutionary", there is a picture of 2freaky. lol lol

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/04/17 12:49pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

woot!

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/04/17 2:02pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Listened to the podcast thanks for posting. Even though I disagree a lot with Van politicially he seems like a friendly man. Hopefully he finds a job when CNN closes. lol

Newt and Van Jones

I AM AMERICAN. ANTI-COMMUNIST. ANTI-FASCIST.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/04/17 2:51pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Listened to the podcast thanks for posting. Even though I disagree a lot with Van politicially he seems like a friendly man. Hopefully he finds a job when CNN closes. lol


Newt and Van Jones




CNN isn't going anywhere...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/04/17 3:07pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

JJ. Cable tv will become like the music industry. We have the internet and when we get the structure in place we will take it over. All things change, maybe you don't see it yet. Next to fall. The movie industry.
I AM AMERICAN. ANTI-COMMUNIST. ANTI-FASCIST.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/04/17 10:06pm

morningsong

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

morningsong said:

Well at least he's doing more than sitting in an armchair running his mouth.


falloff In the dictionary, under "armchair revolutionary", there is a picture of 2freaky. lol lol



Just to clear up, that comment wasn't directly at freaky, I have no idea what he does outside the org. But Van is out there.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/04/17 10:38pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

JJ. Cable tv will become like the music industry. We have the internet and when we get the structure in place we will take it over. All things change, maybe you don't see it yet. Next to fall. The movie industry.


Why would the movie industry fall ?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/05/17 6:43am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:
JJ. Cable tv will become like the music industry. We have the internet and when we get the structure in place we will take it over. All things change, maybe you don't see it yet. Next to fall. The movie industry.
Why would the movie industry fall ?

Same reason music industry fell and same reason cable tv will follow. Tech changing so fast and most people can get it for free. They are ot adapting to the changes quick enough. As for CNN alternative media. Days are numbered.

I AM AMERICAN. ANTI-COMMUNIST. ANTI-FASCIST.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/05/17 10:32am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

No help for Newt.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Podcast - Van Jones: "You have to keep open the possibility for redemption."